The Crypt

  • Avatar of CryptCory

    CryptCory

    [21]Sep 23, 2007
    • member since: 01/21/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 494

    Spongemario wrote:
    I'm finally watching the panel discussion from the Season 3 bonus features, and I heard something interesting: two other Tales movies were planned. One with Tim Curry, called "They Walk With Zombies" or something, and it was being worked with Miramax, but there were a few problems, so it may go straight to video. Also, at the very end of Demon Knight, it said something like "Coming Soon: The Dead Easy". AL and Gilbert wrote the script for that one. AL says that it was VERY dark, not a single laugh in it. It was about "a guy who lives in New Orleans who has a recovered memory from childhood about a frightening harrlequin (sp?) figure. The plug was pulled because of the tragedy of Hurricane Katrina. Maybe it will get "resurrected."

    Thats awesome! Are they planning to do anything Tales from the Crypt in the future?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sniktawt

    sniktawt

    [22]Sep 30, 2007
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 44
    • rank: Golden Boy
    • posts: 1,034

    Spongemario wrote:
    Also, at the very end of Demon Knight, it said something like "Coming Soon: The Dead Easy". AL and Gilbert wrote the script for that one. AL says that it was VERY dark, not a single laugh in it. It was about "a guy who lives in New Orleans who has a recovered memory from childhood about a frightening harrlequin (sp?) figure. The plug was pulled because of the tragedy of Hurricane Katrina. Maybe it will get "resurrected."

    I believe that was leter renamed to "Fat Tuesday" but they went with "Bordello" next.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CryptCory

    CryptCory

    [23]Oct 1, 2007
    • member since: 01/21/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 494
    I know theres going to be Once Upoun A Christmas Eve. I've starting reading the script. Its great.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Stevie_Vickers

    Stevie_Vickers

    [24]Apr 27, 2008
    • member since: 03/24/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 262
    CryptCory wrote:
    I know theres going to be Once Upoun A Christmas Eve. I've starting reading the script. Its great.


    Can't claim to be a huge fan of the idea of a full-length 'And All Through the House' adaption, but whatever. Que sera, sera: Crypt is Crypt.

    I have to ask: is there anywhere where I can get The Vault of Horror movie uncut? I'd love to see it, but there is not way in hell that I'd go near the horribly butchered Fox cut. (I bet they have it uncut over in Britain or somewhere- between that and the special edition of Creepshow being UK-exclusive, I think the cinematic powers-that-be hate me.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sniktawt

    sniktawt

    [25]Apr 27, 2008
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 44
    • rank: Golden Boy
    • posts: 1,034

    Stevie_Vickers wrote:
    CryptCory wrote:
    I know theres going to be Once Upoun A Christmas Eve. I've starting reading the script. Its great.
    Can't claim to be a huge fan of the idea of a full-length 'And All Through the House' adaption,

    Agreed, horrible idea, will never happen anyways thankfully.

    Edited on 04/27/2008 5:56pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Stevie_Vickers

    Stevie_Vickers

    [26]Apr 27, 2008
    • member since: 03/24/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 262
    sniktawt wrote:

    Stevie_Vickers wrote:
    CryptCory wrote:
    I know theres going to be Once Upoun A Christmas Eve. I've starting reading the script. Its great.
    Can't claim to be a huge fan of the idea of a full-length 'And All Through the House' adaption,

    Agreed, horrible idea, will never happen anyways thankfully.



    That's a relief. Small favors. ^^ It'd never work, anyway. Not enough storyline. Either way, I'd rather have a Crypt anthology. But that'd never happen...after Creepshow 3, I'm convinced people don't have any faith in anthology films, which really is too bad. (I want an adaption of T'aint the Meat...It's Humanity, damn it! DX)

    I've also tried introducing my theater director to TFtC by showing her Split Personality. Sadly, I scared her away from the series. (And I thought we had similar tastes.) Either the people I try to introduce the show to don't like it or have never heard of it. I don't know anyone in real life who's a Tales fan...*sigh*
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lamdnjchem

    lamdnjchem

    [27]Apr 28, 2008
    • member since: 05/25/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 473
    Stevie_Vickers wrote:

    I have to ask: is there anywhere where I can get The Vault of Horror movie uncut? I'd love to see it, but there is not way in hell that I'd go near the horribly butchered Fox cut. (I bet they have it uncut over in Britain or somewhere- between that and the special edition of Creepshow being UK-exclusive, I think the cinematic powers-that-be hate me.)


    WELLLLLL....... I dont have the uncut version of vault of horror, but I know where one can get it. Unfortunately, we've kind of already slipped into this discussion before...since theres always one table that sells a bootleg of that at horror conventions. (other people around this board might have it though....)

    And re: Creepshow UK exclusive, when I went to Horrorfind Con 9 last month, George Romero was there as well as the NOTLD reunion tour and the Dawn of the Dead reunion tour...anyway, he was selling the Creepshow dvd...I dont have the right region of player though, so i didnt want to risk spending the money and not being able to play it. I'm waiting for the inevitability of it and the japan only Grindhouse 6-disc hitting bootleg tables sooner or later.

    Oh, and its never easy to spread the word of horror in the real world. Me, I'dve shown "Top Billing"...but that mightve had the same effect.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Stevie_Vickers

    Stevie_Vickers

    [28]Apr 28, 2008
    • member since: 03/24/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 262
    lamdnjchem wrote:
    WELLLLLL....... I dont have the uncut version of vault of horror, but I know where one can get it. Unfortunately, we've kind of already slipped into this discussion before...since theres always one table that sells a bootleg of that at horror conventions. (other people around this board might have it though....)
    Yeah, I was PM-ed about it. I've gotta learn how to download torrents first, though.
    :
    And re: Creepshow UK exclusive, when I went to Horrorfind Con 9 last month, George Romero was there as well as the NOTLD reunion tour and the Dawn of the Dead reunion tour...anyway, he was selling the Creepshow dvd...I dont have the right region of player though, so i didnt want to risk spending the money and not being able to play it. I'm waiting for the inevitability of it and the japan only Grindhouse 6-disc hitting bootleg tables sooner or later.
    Yup...I just can't understand why they didn't release it here in the States. Well, I can understand, but that doesn't mean I have to like the fact...and holy crow, a 6 disc Grindhouse set? Lucky, lucky, lucky. I am hitting bootleg country eventually, yessir...
    :
    Oh, and its never easy to spread the word of horror in the real world. Me, I'dve shown "Top Billing"...but that mightve had the same effect.
    See, I thought about that later on, ecspecially since a few other actors and I had been trying to pester her into doing "Hamlet" as of late. (We failed: she thinks the play, and the Bard in general, is terribly, terribly overrated. Bah.) It would've been oddly appropriate in a twisted sort of way. And it is on my top ten...it's just that Split Personality and The Man Who Was Death end up being the episodes I usually use to try and introduce people to Crypt. Then again, it probably wouldn't have helped- she said she was fine until she got to the chainsaw for Split, so... I dug up an old thread on bloody-disgusting- two people were arguing about whether it was Jon Lovitz or Joe Pesci that was in 'the episode with the twins'. Odd, people usually confuse Danny Devito and Joe Pesci...but Jon Lovitz? Okay...
    Edited on 04/28/2008 3:18pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lamdnjchem

    lamdnjchem

    [29]Apr 28, 2008
    • member since: 05/25/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 473

    Stevie_Vickers wrote:
    Yup...I just can't understand why they didn't release it here in the States. Well, I can understand, but that doesn't mean I have to like the fact...and holy crow, a 6 disc Grindhouse set? Lucky, lucky, lucky. I am hitting bootleg country eventually, yessir...

    Well, i should say that A) I havent given up on the idea that SOMETHING will be released here in that grindhouse regard in the next couple years around halloween or christmas. and B) you must learn bootleg-fu young grasshopper. For you see, at least at horror conventions, they are decently expensive. Its also not a good idea to own a ton...the government is watching us. Though they cant really prosecute since you didnt make the bootleg, you just bought it. Basically horror cons are good for things that are out of print. As an example, I'd already bought the new special edition of Phantasm. At the monstermania one in march, I won Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead in a contest. But Phantasm II is out of print in america. But not in England. And one of the dealers was selling a region zero rip of it. Thus, I now own Phantasm II on dvd. Its the kind of thing one has to think about carefully before purchasing. I've only bought the complete series of goosebumps, The complete series of Spaced, Phantasm II, and a dvd bootleg of Evil Dead: The Musical. Each one was something I had to really want to justify spending the money.

    And i'm rambling...and waaaaaaay off topic.

    Oh...and how the hell does someone mix up Lovitz and PESCI. geez.....

    Edited on 04/28/2008 9:02pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sniktawt

    sniktawt

    [30]Apr 29, 2008
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 44
    • rank: Golden Boy
    • posts: 1,034
    actually there's no topic for this thread, this is the thread to go to so you can ramble. It's an anything goes thread.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Stevie_Vickers

    Stevie_Vickers

    [31]Apr 29, 2008
    • member since: 03/24/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 262
    Someting, hopefully. I wasn't allowed to see the original cut of Grindhouse, so I'd love to see them actuallyu release it. And well, I'm out of my parents' claws next year, so I'd be able to do that. Purchase bootlegs, I mean, provided I could justify it. (Evil Dead the Musical? Yes, please!) Man, being on the internet makes me realize how naive I am about these kinds of things...

    Lovitz and Pesci were both absolutely brilliant in the Tales episodes they appeared in...other than that, I boggle at how one could mix the two up. Like I said before, I've seen people confuse Danny Devito for Joe Pesci as far as Split Personality goes (even a professional critic somewhere did it)...but the former makes no sense whatsoever.

    And how does one go off-topic in an off-topic thread, exactly?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lamdnjchem

    lamdnjchem

    [32]Apr 29, 2008
    • member since: 05/25/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 473
    Well Evil Dead the Musical even surprised me. Its the original Montreal show (pro-shot, score! Works on my dvd player, but one's mileage may vary as I've already seen it not work on someone elses) and a far worse chicago thing that barely seems to even be related. This weekend I'm hitting one in Parsippany, and I'm hoping Troma films's table will be around. Also, I will be continuing my quest to find a bootleg of Peter Jackson's out of print gore classic "Bad Taste" (to go with the bootleg of "Meet the Feebles" I got at the last one that I forgot to mention.)

    Horror cons are also the place to find old horror/supernatural shows. I mentioned Goosebumps, but I've seen full sets of "Monsters", "Tales from the Darkside", "Freakylinks", "Friday the 13th: The Series" (seriously...) and "Freddy's Nightmares". Those things are almost always relatively expensive though....Goosebumps set me back 45 (I haggled him down from 50). Thing one has to remember with those is, unless the show's been released on dvd (HIGHLY unlikely), its a dvd burning of vhs tapings. Not that thats a bad thing, just dont expect crystal clear picture.

    And as for the other thing....well if you wanna see the original Grindhouse....there is a way. Granted you have to have the Starz networks to do it. Cuz..on Memorial Day (yeah i know, long way off), they're gonna air the theatrical version they've aired a little bit lately. Also, Starz on Demand has "Maximum Grindhouse" too, which has the theatrical cut.

    And I forgot this was an off-topic thread. Ha.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Underdog121488

    Underdog121488

    [33]Apr 30, 2008
    • member since: 07/05/07
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,253

    I have a question about a certain episode. Actually, i'm not sure if its a movie or what, but I know its Crypt related. I saw it on TV years ago.

    In this, there is a scene with a woman sitting near a grave when a hand reaches through and grabs her.

    There is also another scene with an old man (her father) screaming at her that he wants his cake.

    This doesn't seem to be much to go on, but does anyone have any clue as to where this came from?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lamdnjchem

    lamdnjchem

    [34]Apr 30, 2008
    • member since: 05/25/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 473
    Underdog121488 wrote:

    I have a question about a certain episode. Actually, i'm not sure if its a movie or what, but I know its Crypt related. I saw it on TV years ago.

    In this, there is a scene with a woman sitting near a grave when a hand reaches through and grabs her.

    There is also another scene with an old man (her father) screaming at her that he wants his cake.

    This doesn't seem to be much to go on, but does anyone have any clue as to where this came from?



    You are referring to the cult classic anthology movie "Creepshow". Its an anthology in the EC style but not based on the comics. The story you are referring to is the wacked out classic "Father's Day", the first of the five in the movie. Its a great movie, very tales-esque. Just...um...you might wanna avoid the fifth story in it if you have insect issues...specifically with cockroaches.

    It spawned a sequel in "Creepshow 2", and a sort of sequel in "Tales from the Darkside: The Movie". Just stay the hell away from the movie "Creepshow III" for the love of god.

    ("ITS FATHER'S DAY BEDELIA! AND I WANT MY CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!")
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Stevie_Vickers

    Stevie_Vickers

    [35]Apr 30, 2008
    • member since: 03/24/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 262
    lamdnjchem wrote:
    Underdog121488 wrote:

    I have a question about a certain episode. Actually, i'm not sure if its a movie or what, but I know its Crypt related. I saw it on TV years ago.

    In this, there is a scene with a woman sitting near a grave when a hand reaches through and grabs her.

    There is also another scene with an old man (her father) screaming at her that he wants his cake.

    This doesn't seem to be much to go on, but does anyone have any clue as to where this came from?



    You are referring to the cult classic anthology movie "Creepshow". Its an anthology in the EC style but not based on the comics. The story you are referring to is the wacked out classic "Father's Day", the first of the five in the movie. Its a great movie, very tales-esque. Just...um...you might wanna avoid the fifth story in it if you have insect issues...specifically with cockroaches.

    It spawned a sequel in "Creepshow 2", and a sort of sequel in "Tales from the Darkside: The Movie". Just stay the hell away from the movie "Creepshow III" for the love of god.

    ("ITS FATHER'S DAY BEDELIA! AND I WANT MY CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!")

    Ahaha, the film that led me to becoming a Tales fan! I love that movie to death. (The second part of my username comes from Richard Vickers, the psychotic husband Leslie Nielsen portrayed in the third segement.) I've seen it too many times to count. And yes, the fifth segement would make anyone squeamish; E.G. Marshall, who portrayed that piece's main character, Upson Pratt, alledgedly had to have a shot of vodka in order to be able to work with the things.

    Creepshow 2 is alright as is Tales From the Darkside: The Movie, but, as was stated, do not even go near Creepshow 3. It doesn't even deserve its name. (And Dudelson and Clavell are evidently making a Creepshow 4 and a 'remake' of the first film. Heaven help us all.)

    Oh, and I think I caught a Tales reference in the Season 5 Simpsons episode, "$pringfield". Towards the end, Homer says something like "Remember when I let that escaped lunatic from the insane asylum in the house because he was dressed like Santa Claus?" Surely that was an intentional reference.

    In off-topic news, if anyone else says they want to give me a makeover, I am going to throttle something. Or someone. Unless I'm going onstage, I present as I wish, thank you.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lamdnjchem

    lamdnjchem

    [36]Apr 30, 2008
    • member since: 05/25/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 473
    Stevie_Vickers wrote:

    Ahaha, the film that led me to becoming a Tales fan! I love that movie to death. (The second part of my username comes from Richard Vickers, the psychotic husband Leslie Nielsen portrayed in the third segement.) I've seen it too many times to count.


    "I CAN HOLD MY BREATH A LOOOOOOOOONG TIME!"

    (they have that on a t-shirt, dontcha know.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Stevie_Vickers

    Stevie_Vickers

    [37]Apr 30, 2008
    • member since: 03/24/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 262
    lamdnjchem wrote:
    Stevie_Vickers wrote:

    Ahaha, the film that led me to becoming a Tales fan! I love that movie to death. (The second part of my username comes from Richard Vickers, the psychotic husband Leslie Nielsen portrayed in the third segement.) I've seen it too many times to count.


    "I CAN HOLD MY BREATH A LOOOOOOOOONG TIME!"

    (they have that on a t-shirt, dontcha know.)


    And...there's another thing on my wish list. XD Nielsen did evil and unbalanced so well there...in my opinion, that whole segement is the most EC-esque of the bunch. Even if it does rely on that whole walking-corpse thing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lamdnjchem

    lamdnjchem

    [38]Apr 30, 2008
    • member since: 05/25/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 473
    Stevie_Vickers wrote:


    And...there's another thing on my wish list. XD Nielsen did evil and unbalanced so well there...in my opinion, that whole segement is the most EC-esque of the bunch. Even if it does rely on that whole walking-corpse thing.


    Ohhh only at the end.

    and here. a picture to whet your appetite.

    http://www.fright-rags.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=162&zenid=e5a2f84baf113a3dec7c03562e7ce983
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Stevie_Vickers

    Stevie_Vickers

    [39]Apr 30, 2008
    • member since: 03/24/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 262
    Awesome. ^^

    And yeah, the rest of the story more than makes up for the tired plot twist, what with one of the most clever forms of execution I've seen. And even with that twist...waterlogged zombies are pretty scary.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Underdog121488

    Underdog121488

    [40]Apr 30, 2008
    • member since: 07/05/07
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,253

    lamdnjchem wrote:
    Just stay the hell away from the movie "Creepshow III" for the love of god.

    Why, whats wrong with it?

    lol, I've seen the Tales from the Darkside movie, and loved it.

    The cat from hell segment was my favorite.

    Edited on 04/30/2008 7:32pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.