Tales from the Crypt (1996)

HBO (ended 1996)

ShumaGorath666

Tales from the Crypt (1996) Fan Reviews (37)

• this show was scary

this how use to scare the living ish out of me. it is so freaking scary. my grandmother use to love to put this on. this was the only way to get me to go to sleep was to watch this stupid show. then a couple years after this show they did a black version tales from the hood i loved that one because i was a little older and i knew it was fake but if you have a little girl aroud 5 years old watching people getting haunted by ghost and spirit you would get scared to and then your grandma laughing at you.
  • the crypt keeper was just what this series needed. sometimes he was better than the episode they shown. it was all different episodes showing weird things happening to people. some were better than others and some just stunk up the place. santa as a kille

one of the best and worst depending what episode they showed. santa the slayer was one of the best. the guy getting all these surgerys to keep a gold digger was the worst. so she ends up with the old guy with all the money anyway. kind of dumb stuff.
  • A freaky show that freaked me out when i was young

6.8
    When I look back I used to watch it when I was about 3 yeards old. Tales from the Crypt really freaked me out, bad! Now that I see it when Im older its quite corny. But still the show was ok for its time. I do still find myself watching it at night.
  • Tales of the crypt is a great show the depicts creepy tales of people who sometimes give their soul to the devil.

7.8
    tales of the crypt is a very good science fiction show, and i loved it. It is a personal; favorite. It is really good for people who love little separate stories, but all the stories usually have a sad or horrible ending, all in all this is a very good science-fiction with a lot of surprise actors and actresses who love to be part of the tales. From vampires to a murdering santa clause this show is very good, entertaining, interesting, short, cool, and sometimes funny. It is a must see classic because of its witty writing and main character.
  • A great HBO show that mixed terror, drama and even comedy.

Tales from the Crypt was a beloved, grusome comic book in the 1950s' and many years later it was turned into one of the most entertaining shows on TV. I remember watching syndicated, censored versions of this show on Saturday afternoons and loving every minute of them. When I learned one day that they were actually being aired new on HBO, I was suprised. Now that the seasons are on DVD, I can see every single one totally uncensored in their original form. It was an incredible show that I will remember for the rest of my life. HBO should bring it back dammit! Maybe that would take them out of their current hole.
  • A crazy crypt keeper, some scary stories..... throw in a couple of bad puns and we have ourselves a show!

You gotta love this show.

Though the roots are in horror there are definantly some parts of this shw that will make you burst out laughing.

If you enjoy this one then you might also enjoy the much more dark and less funny "Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction" and I also strongly encourage you to check out some old-school Twilight Zone
  • This is very much a cult horror tv show that should be seen by every horror fan.

Tales From the Crypt, how addicted i was when this was on HBO. Its definetly a show I wish would come back. It was about murders, back stabbing, and learning lessons. The show thought you that things wern\'t always what they seem. There were times that I wish the show was more scary, but it did always teach you to watch your back, and dont trust everyone.

The host the Crypt Keeper is comical and entertaining. The voice will keep you remembering this character. There was a time when this character was as popular as your Freddy Kruegars, your Jason Voorhees, and your Michael Myers. There was even a short lived saturday morning cartoon, yep you heard me right. But times have changed and this character is unknown by some now, but never forgotten by others. Buried by the years, but living on with DVD. I hope this show is found by new fans and hopefully brought back to life by HBO, but for now will have fun reliving the DVD\'s.

• Hilarious, campy fun

The Cryptkeeper was so disgusting, yet it was hard to look away. His voice was the height of humor. The supposedly scary little sketched that they showed were more cinema-B movie scary than thriller. But, they were still interesting. TV that followed in the tradition of The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, and in some ways Unsolved Mysteries (the creepiness). This was a very good show, and the whole concept worked. That crazy laugh of his was as a signature part of this show that made it the tongue in cheek, cult classic it is. It's a good show, and worth the time for the unintentional laughs you'll get from it.
  • How great it is to be scared by you...

How great it is to be scared by you...Boop boop e do. This is a classic show that only has one main character, The Crypt Keeper. This guy is so Scarry he is funny. The shows never get old. The only thing that was bad with this show is that it was canceld. But you can't say that it did not have a great run, 7 Seasons, but it only had 6-18 episodes a season, and that is not very much compaired to its 22-26 on main stations. What can you do. I was really young when it came out and i remeber getting so scared, but now i love it to "Death"

"Quote Nevermore"
  • Awesome blend of horror, suspense, and comedy. You never knew what would happen next.

I really enjoyed all the plot twists and turns that nearly all of the episodes had. It kept you on the edge of your seat while keeping you guessing. What was really great about this show was that no main character was safe, as many of them got killed off in surprise endings. Sometimes someone who you thought was good turned out to be evil. With Tales From the Crypt, the audience had to come to expect the unexpected with every episode, and it rarely disappointed.
  • Horror stories that are not scary!

Although i had the idea that this show was scary, turns out that i wasn't scared at all, all i wanted to see was the gore and the bloody special effects that every single episode presented. The twist at the end seems like a recurrent event on sci-fi shows, although in this show, they are more clever than ever. Specially, if you are all waiting for is to see the least expected person to be a serial killer or the guy who is going to get his head removed from his head with an axe. Not very scary, but definitely, enterteining.
  • One heck of a show!

Tales from the Crypt is a great show and I highly recommend this show to horror anthology fans. But the best part about this show would have to be the Crypt keeper since he is so entertaining and makes the show very interesting. I also I really enjoy the very original episodes and how every time the Crypt keeper introduces us a story he gets his big book out. ( If you are wondering Tales from The Crypt is base off of comic books from the 50's.) I find that this show is full of surprises and will always give a shock!
  • I remember staring at the T.V....

... just staring knowing that mom was on the next room cooking... and warning me not to watch that "crap"

i love this show.. because of it im am me!

This is one of the shows that would later make me want to be a movie director/writer!

i miss watching the show.. i haven't seen in years =(
  • An excellent show. I wish they showed more of the reruns.

An excellent show. I use to watch this when I was alot younger, back then this show as enough to give me nightmares. Now that I'm older I realize how tame it really is, but it still is one of my personal favorites.

It stars many people who are now known as big name stars, but back then were just regular actors, and the stories are funny even though they may be lacking in the fright department.

Usually ends as the badder guy winning while the bad guy loses. One of my favorite characteristics of the show, hardly anyone is actually a good guy. The cryptkeeper as the host is just hilarious, although his puns are just downright awful. Definitely worth watching.
  • Bloody amazing!

I recall watching episodes when I was growing up and as a rabid horror fan, I was pleased and shocked at the stories brought to life from the comics.

Space Channel has been airing episodes at about 4 in the morning so often I stay up or set my VCR, but now that they're finally releasing the episodes onto DVD I can begin to watch them all over again.

Some episodes can be a little dull (but trust me, there are few!) while others are just fantastic - if you've never watched any of them, I highly recommend it if you dig twisty horror tales.
  • An unrelenting goreshow with many great star directors and actors. Many elements of gore, horror, cheesiness, sleaze, and comedy. Stay tuned boos and ghouls!

Welcome kiddies!
    This is a great show with plenty of scares and laughs to be had.The Cryptkeeper (the puppet host of the show) is a master of countless puns and much entertainment. The show features many tales, all directed and starring different stars (directors: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Micheal J Fox; actors: Demi moore, Whoopi Goldberg to name a few). The stories are gore-filled (cheesy, on many accounts) horror rides that are sick, twisted, and purely entertaining.You'll enjoy tales of a demented Santa Claus, a bilind chainsaw murderer, a man who's tattoos come to life, vampires, murderous couples, etc.
    "All your favorite Dead-time stories, boos and ghouls!"
    - Your fiend, the Cryptkeeper
  • A weekly show starring hollywood's top actors gives the world horror.

During it's first season , "Tales From The Crypt" was one of Home Box Office's lowest rated shows. It finally broke through sometime around the end of the second season. I for one found myself both bored and confused in several of the episodes. In my opinion the only great episodes were that of the first season. Watch and have fun , but , beware of the seventh season!
  • CLASSIC

I have been watching this show since I was young. This show use to freake me out when I was younger, But now that im older, I understnad the story lines more and understand that its all fiction. I love this show. The crypt guy, Hes so cute. LOL jp. Anyways, seriously this show is alsome
  • Amazing!

Oh man, I miss this show so very much. I wish upon oh so many stars for them to bring it back. *sigh*

There aren't many shows EVER to have a whole new storyline every episode. And for the ones there are, none of them can even begin to compare with this one. It had EVERYTHING; humor, horror, drama, and an amazing, original host to start each episode off: The Cryptkeeper.

There may be other shows that are similar, but none will ever have anything like the Cryptkeeper. When I was younger, I was terrified of him. But as I got older I listened more to what he said and realized how hilarious he was. Not because his jokes were funny, but more because of how corny they are, but yet he thinks they are just the funniest things in the world.

The thing is is that if you haven't seen this show then you diffitely need to go out and buy the episodes. And if you don't feel like taking a big step like that, go rent them, then you can buy them. I, myself, am waiting eagorly for them to put the rest of the seasons on DVD so I can have a HUGE marartron of nothing but "Tales From the Crypt"!
  • BIG MASTERPIECE OF AMERICAN HORROR SHOW

One of the best show from the 90's ! A masterpiece of the "american gothic" style, and the Elfman's theme is one of his best !!!
    Of course, some episodes are better than others (that really suck...) but it gave a spooky freaky style to american culture ans TV shows The cartoon is less interesting (just for kids)
  • Tales from the Crypt became one of the greatest series to ever air on television and spawned movies and a cultural icon, the Cryptkeeper.

"Tales From the Crypt" is the series that many of us grew up on and still terrifies us now just as much as it did when it originally aired. This series had it all, comedy and horror. There were episodes that gave moral leasons, and the others gave us nightmares that made it hard to sleep at night. The Cryptkeeper was supposed to be the calm before and after the storm, but many times was just as scary as the story itself. John Kassir was the perfect choice to voice our favorite ghost or should I say host (yes, I had to make a Crypt pun, lol). The look of the Cryptkeeper evolved over the years and each year looked better and the Cryptkeeper eventually became the icon of the decade. It is amazing how much star power went into the series behind and in front of the camera. It would be hard to get this many celebrities to do a guest appearance on a TV series the way they were able to here. Brad Pitt, Tom Hanks, and cult celebrities like Steve Buscemi among others appeared in the episodes. Some guest actors appeared in more than one episode. Tales from the Crypt really is one of the best things to ever grace TV and now that they are on DVD, it is time to scare a new generation all over again.
  • A blast from my past ! ! !

I love that tales from the crypt is now for sale on dvd its a total blast from my past when I was a kid 9 maybe 10 years old all my friends and I would sneak off and watch tales from the crypt because at the time that was what was cool the in thing to do I remember being so scared after watching the show but now as an adult I have been buying the shows and 9 times out of 10 I am laughing so hard you would think I was watching Adam Sandler I Love IT
  • If you like the Twilight Zone you will love this show HBO shows Rule it.

Thanks to the wonders of DVD my love for this show has been rekindled. It had been upwards of seven years since I have watched this show. Tales From the Crypt brings a perfect balance of bad horror, twilight zone style endings, bad puns, and of course the reason most of us watch the crypt keeper voiced by the wonderful John Kassir. Now if you don’t know about the series it is a Comic book show based off of the comics done by William Gaines. If you have not seen it I urge you to get the First and Second Season on DVD. It will leave you screaming for more.
  • This show was the bomb.

I've loved horror movies since I was born (literally). I remember as a yound kind, sneaking down stairs to the living room just to watch this show. I can't wait until they start releasing the seasons of this show on DVD. If you missed the show or it was before your time. When it starts to come on DVD...it's a must buy.
  • Classic

I just bought the show on DVD this week. I rembember watching late at night on my local Fox channel when I was a teenager. I didn't get HBO so I didn't know how cut they were!!! The two movies that they had were okay! But the series was alot better.
  • E.C. Comics were great and so is this show!

This is a horror anthology show that is hosted by a creepy cadavour, the Cryptkeeper(voiced by John Kassir). Each episode features violent and funny material, that isn\'t haha funny, but make you smile funny. This show is now on DVD and I reccomend that you buy it, while you can!
  • I loved this show!

Growing up a horror lover, Tales from the Crypt was a show that I would never miss. The adaptations from the old EC Comic series were brought to life each week and featured some of hollywood\'s biggest names acting or directing in each episode. My favorite episode was the 2nd one ever aired \"And All Through The House\" an adaptation from the tale that originally appeared in EC comic book\"The Vault of Horror\" #35, and later in the 1972 film starring Joan Collins. I loved this show and it will forever be remembered as my weekly fix of horror growing up.
  • Tales From the Crypt was one of the best shows back in 1989 and still is today.Many Actors Had there debuts on this show.

Tales From The Crypt Comes Out On DVD Today One Of The Best Shows Ever.Im Going Out At 10:00 Am To Get It When Best Buy Opens.The Only Reason I Havent Gone To Wall*Mart And Got It Is Becaouse Im a Reward Zone Member And I Get It Cheeper There
  • The reason i lost so many hours of sleep as a kid

7.7
    I loved this show when I was a little kid. I would stay up really late on weekends and catch this show watching it alone in the dark in my room. It would scare the heck out of me and then I would shut the tv off and lay in bed wondering why I would want to do this to myself every weekend. The show wasn’t really that scary unless of course your really young, but the stories always seemed to be able to creepy me out. This is a throwback that really reminds me of being a young kid. The crypt would come out and talk about the story that was about to unfold and I knew I would be in for another long sleepless night.
  • It has horror and gore an is funny at the same time. Who doesn't love that!!!

Tales from the crypt are stories told by the cryptkeeper. The stories are horror stories with some gore and are also very funny. You have to love the oneliners from the cryptkeeper. There are also a numbre of movies from tales from the crypt like bordello of blood. there are a lot of episodes with famouse actors like whoopi goldberg, billy zane, ... The tales are based on some gruesome comics from the 50's.
    The first episode was aired on the 10th jone of 1989.
    The show was nominated for 7 Emmy's. the shows are about one hour each and are very fun the watch.
< 1 2