Tales from the Crypt (1996)

HBO (ended 1996)

ShumaGorath666

Tales from the Crypt (1996) Fan Reviews (37)

• This is, and always will be, one of my absolute favorite TV shows of all time. Tales from the Crypt is a show like no other.

This show was a great one. It either mixed horror and humor, gore and drama, or anything with the mix of science-fiction, horror, humor, gory, unusual, etc. With mainly different actors and directors for each episode, minus the Crypt Keeper himself of course, this show was almost never the same, in a good way. There was no central plot, just something great to watch. Some episodes can leave you on the edge of your seat, others just make you try to think what just happened. Either way, this is a great show. Even though it's been virtually off the air for nine years, even though it started a couple years before I was born, I still love this show. I'm glad we're getting a DVD release of the first season, and hopefully DVD releases of the others.
    But looking at *some* of today's shows, I wouldn't want any new episodes. I could watch all the classic episodes and never get bored of them.
    Now on to the Crypt Keeper. This guy is just hilarious! John Kassir has the perfect voice for the perfect horror show host.
    I would recommend Tales from the Crypt to any TV fan.