Tales from the Crypt (1996)

Showdown

Aired Unknown Aug 01, 1992 on HBO

7.7
  • It is about a famous outlaw who dies in a duel but doesn't realize it, he believes he won (while he did) but doesn't realize he was also killed in the process. The story kind of unfolds of his realization that he is dead.

One of the better tales from the crypt episodes

My Thoughts: A very cool episode, I'm not one that is really into the whole 'western' theme. I think it is really neat but not for me. When I first saw that this was going to be based on the old 'west' I wasn't to cheerful however I absolutely ended up loving this episode. Gore - There isn't very much gore aside from some gunshot wounds

Fear - Not scary as most, but scary in a personal 'what happens after I die' sort of way.

Premise - It is about a famous outlaw who dies in a duel but doesn't realize it, he believes he won (while he did) but doesn't realize he was also killed in the process. The story kind of unfolds of his realization that he is dead.
  • A very unique episode of "Tales from the Crypt". (Includes spoilers.)

This episode from the fourth season of "Tales from the Crypt" is unlike any other. It is more like an episode of The Twilight Zone, a good episode of The Twilight Zone. It consists of very little gore and swearing. "Showdown" is ghost story about the Old West that doesn't take any cheap shots. A ghost finally learns to accept the fact that he is dead, and he also learns it isn't anything to be afraid of. This clever episode is one of the best of the whole series. Anybody can enjoy this one. The acting is top-notch as well.