Tales from the Crypt (1996)

Smoke Wrings

Aired Unknown Jun 21, 1996 on HBO

7.3
  • BAD...BAD...BAD !

Badly mis-titled, Smoke Wrings was one of the most convulted, confusing and just plain boring episodes of the series. It bears little resemblance to the original EC comics story (which actually had smoke involved), other than being in an ad agency and nothing is really explained or if it was I didn\'t care because I was bored out of my mind.The result is just one lame episode that would have been turned down even by the producers of Tales From The Darkside. The Crypt producers should have known better. The ending is just plain pathetic. This is one of the worst episodes of the series, bar none. I may be harsh on it because it went completely off from the original story, which woould have been way better, that one concerned a cigarette steam smoke billboard and a vicious female ad exec and went with the title, this one had chocolate and a mind device, I just don\'t see the connection. I hate the episodes when they take complete creative control and go original, those ones rarely worked.
    Again, an all British cast, for the most part.
    Being that it now may get noticed because of an early performance by Daniel Craig, the new Bond, please be weary, this one is bad, bad, bad.