Tales From the Cryptkeeper

ABC (ended 1997)

Tales From the Cryptkeeper Fan Reviews (3)

7.8
  • A pretty decent sequel to one of the most amazing horror series ever!

What do you get when you get the Crypt Keeper in an animated series? A horror animated series, that's what!

I personally like the series because it's funny and it's scary at the same time (but not too scary). I like how the characters always happened to learn something int he end (while others never lerned their lesson). Plus, the way the Old Witch and the Grave Keeper always trying to steal the show from the Crypt Keeper, that always cracked me up. Still, he managed to always come up on top of them with some very wacky schemes.

It's not perfect, but it's very good, and I do not mind to watch the series again and again, because the animation is good, the voice cast is great and well, I love every series where we get a good scare. 9.5 out of 10.

• Its prime really wasn't that great, but this show was semi-popular when it first aired. Now it just seems very outdated. The special effects are horrible, as are the stories. For a horror show, this instills more laughter than screams.

4.1
    Its prime really wasn't that great, but this show was semi-popular when it first aired. Now it just seems very outdated. The special effects are horrible, as are the stories. Infact, the show is not worth watching unless it is around the time of Halloween. Yet, even then it is not high on the priority list. When this show first aired, the effects were acceptable (not great), yet as time has passed, these B rated effects seem even more caveman like. As a result, much of the show's realism is gone and as a result, its fear factor as well. Now, like many retro items, due to its lameness it has become something to laugh at. While this defeats the purpose of the show, it also gives it a little value. Now, people can say "do you remember that show" and then will watch it and have a good time as they laugh at it. But beware, that aspect only goes so far, as this show in general is not that good.

My final review: For a horror show, this instills more laughter than screams. Yet, that aspect makes it ok to watch now and then when you crave a look back at the past or a few chuckles.
  • A lame show about stories that are neither suspenseful, scary, nor worth your time!

0.1
    Halloween-related specials arrive within the month of October. This show was better suited as to be only aired during October. However, TeleToon has continued to air it, although, previouslly cancelled shows can and should take its place. The point is, this show shouldn't be aired and I hope cancellation is imminent.