Tales from the Darkside

Bigalow's Last Smoke

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Jun 09, 1985 on

• Mr. Bigalow, a man living in the not too distant future, soon realizes that the consquences for smoking, have changed.

This is TFDS story is about a man named Mr. Bigalow, he lives in a nice apartment, and has a great life, only problem is he's a smoker. It doesn't take long for him to realize that being a smoker, is going to come with some dire consequences. While, he's drinking his morning cup of coffee, a scientist appears on his television, behind his back. Then it doesn't take him long to realize that he's being monitored, and the windows and doors of his home, are barred shut. He discovers that he's trapped in simulacrum, and there is no escape, unless he gives up his addiction to smoking. This episode focuses on the morbid extremes of the future, that society will take to live longer, healthier, lives. Bigalow soons knows that are many more people like him that are in the same program, unforunately, in the end, he learns that giving up smoking, is just the beginning...
  • Poor Bigalow, he signed up for a program that he will soon regret.

7.4
    I actually really enjoy this episode. I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't seen it already in the movie "Cat's Eye". It is the same exact story from that movie except James Woods plays Bigalow in the film. Compared to the movie version, this is still good, but can it compete to James Woods? The movie gave more story than this did, but it is still good. I don't know if I could have will power to survive that place, but I guess you have to or you will never get out. You find out in the end, you will never leave.
  • Bigalow is a man who allowes himself to be part of an expirement to overcome his smoke addiction.

6.2
    Well the officlal summary gave away the whole twist but this episode is pretty average. It´s all played rather straight and there isn´t anything mysterious about ir even
    the twist at the end (the caffeince expirement) can be seen a mile away.

I would have changed a couple of things here, the acting was great but there should have been more mysterious things happening like the walls talking or Bigalow meeting the real Dr. and choking him out and the Dr. reappearing back from the dead. An ok episode but not really the best from the series.