Scifi Airings

cdogg6705isback

[1]Sep 6, 2006
    • level: 14
    This show will start to air on the Scifi channel on Monday October 2 at 8pm to 1am Tuesday Morning Est
    Edited on 10/04/2006 4:00pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dminter

[2]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 33
    Looks like they made some last minute changes to the episode airings. Last Tuesday, Sci-Fi's schedule had Anniversary Dinner in place on Answer Me and Djinn, No Chaser in place of Snip, Snip.

xfoley8

[3]Oct 4, 2006
    • level: 3
    dminter wrote:
    Looks like they made some last minute changes to the episode airings. Last Tuesday, Sci-Fi's schedule had Anniversary Dinner in place on Answer Me and Djinn, No Chaser in place of Snip, Snip.

Yeah, this is interesting. Sci-Fi's original schedule had them closer to the original airing order, and they've removed the episode titles from their schedule after Oct. 9th. Maybe they're testing the waters to see how much interest there is in an official DVD set and they didn't want folks making their own. I think most (or all) of the recordings out there were created from old VCR tapings.

smarsquid

[4]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 1

I sincerely hope some momentum builds for a complete DVD set, but I doubt it. This show, however great, is awful obscure. It has limited appeal, I'm afraid. Perhaps too limited for a profitable venture into future home video. I have been waiting for years for this to show up in syndication so I could build my own complete collection. I am very disappointed with Sci-Fi's presentation of the series. I am referring to how they have cut out the title screen segues between commercials, how the outro video is shoved to the bottom of the screen to make room for Sci-Fi advertisements (the cool audio narration drowned out), and how it seems that commercials are stuck in very unnatural places (different from what was originally intended). Oh well, that' syndication for you, I guess. Normally, these kinds of things wouldn't pose much of a problem, but for me, the segue and the outro are vital to the mystique of this show almost as much as the episode content.

dminter

[5]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 33
    Yeah, I know it hasn't aired much that I've seen. Save for a few airings back in the early 2000's when Sci-Fi had their Creature Land, etc. daily marathon blocks of programming, WGN's Saturday run from a few years ago was the last time I saw it regularly. And, before that... well, probably when they aired new in syndication.

xfoley8

[6]Oct 12, 2006

smarsquid wrote:
    I am very disappointed with Sci-Fi's presentation of the series. I am referring to how they have cut out the title screen segues between commercials, how the outro video is shoved to the bottom of the screen to make room for Sci-Fi advertisements (the cool audio narration drowned out), and how it seems that commercials are stuck in very unnatural places (different from what was originally intended).

I think they have commercial breaks in the same spots as when it ran the first time, for the most part- the problem is, they've added a third commercial break (for a half-hour show, that's a lot).  I don't know why they can't have two commercial breaks and save the third for between episodes.  Seems to be a general rule of thumb on Sci-Fi that they have no commercials between shows, and they refuse to show closing credits without smooshing them for ads for their own shows/films.  I agree that the closing narration was very much a part of the show- just not the same without it.  Oh, well- at least the stories themselves are fairly intact.

Sadly, I think you're right about Tales never getting the love and respect it deserves.  Considering some of the other obscurities that are finding their way to DVD these days, I don't think it's that out of the question to expect Tales at some point, even if the set lacks any special features.  I read somewhere a year or two ago that George Romero didn't have any strong plans to push for a DVD set because there "too many fingers in the pot".  I think if the powers that be work that out, you'll say a set.

TK83

[7]Oct 14, 2006
    Oh man I must say I'm extremely happy that Sci-Fi at least brought back the series though! So far I have taped all of the eps that have come on. This coming Monday Slippage, Bigalow's Last Smoke, The Last Car and some others are gonna be on. Can't wait to watch them!

If you guys didn't know.....YouTube has some Darkside eps.

bpedrotti212

[8]Oct 17, 2006
    • level: 23
    Has anyone else noticed that at every commmercial break SciFi shows a commercial for their own shows, usually the exact same commercial that played at the last break  It seems to me that SciFi is shoving their shows down the throats of TFTDS fans.

cdogg6705isback

[9]Oct 17, 2006
    Yeah, they do that all the time. For every show on the scifi channel.

MRONALDSTONE

[10]Oct 21, 2006
    smarsquid wrote:

I sincerely hope some momentum builds for a complete DVD set, but I doubt it. This show, however great, is awful obscure. It has limited appeal, I'm afraid. Perhaps too limited for a profitable venture into future home video.

I would wholeheartedly agree with you except after I was given "Jack of All Trades" DVDs with "Brisco County Jr." I wanted Brisco for years and it just came out last summer and what could be more obscure than JoAT?. TFTD was released on VHS and may get a full release some day. It will be expensive. I also hope they put out G vs. E.
    Edited on 10/21/2006 9:45pm

bpedrotti212

[11]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 23
    Starting November 6th, Sci Fi will only be airing two episodes at 12:00 eastern time.

cdogg6705isback

[12]Nov 6, 2006
    Except for December 5th when the show will be aired from 8Am-4Pm. The only bad thing is that they are airing episodes that aired in October.