Tales from the Darkside

Going Native

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Jun 19, 1988 on

7.6
  • Great

Very well written and thought provoking episode. Makes you really think outside the box!
  • If Ridley Scott did TV

The first time I saw this I wasn't really paying too much attention (just sort of had it on in the background) so I didn't really get what was going on, but I felt like it was intriguing and worth seeing again. The second time I saw it I thought it was intended to be a spoof, with the encounter-group bit and all the visitors to Claire's studio commenting on her living space, so I laughed wholeheartedly. This last time I saw it though I wasn't too sure about that anymore. Anyway, one thing is for sure: it's a very arresting-looking production, especially for a syndicated show...sort of like if Ridley Scott had done TV episodes (and not just commercials). Maybe a bit on the artsy side, but definitely not run of the mill. Enjoy the look and feel of it, even if it maybe doesn't really jell in the long run.
  • Not one of the best episodes.

Maybe I did not understand this episode, but I thought it was slow and tedious. The alien got so involved with the humans that she became one of them. Why was there only one alien? Was this supposed to be a prelude to an invasion of somekind? I think the writer did not flesh out the characters very much. The show should have been a little longer so the audience would have got to know the other characters in the group. Overall I gave the episode a six and a half. It is not as if it was the Twilight Zone.