Tales from the Darkside

The Word Processor of the Gods

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Nov 25, 1984 on

• A nice end for someone who really deserved it.

Call me a sucker for happy endings, but you do have to feel for some characters when they've been delt a poor hand. The main character here is stuck with a wife who doesn't appreciate him and a son who's a slacker type [sort of the same in other episodes]. He get's this 'PC' and slowly changes his life little by little. Although it did seem a bit too cheery in the end when not only his dead nephew and a woman he wanted to be his wife show up alive at the end, it was a nice way to end when concidering it could've fared much worse for the guy like either dying in the blast or meeting some other horrid end.
  • A man gets a new computer that makes what he types a reality

Unlike some of the other "happy" episodes in this series, this one is well written and put together perfectly. I wouldn't expect any less from Stephen King. I guess the moral of the story is that if you don't like your family, find a magic computer and erase them! Not possible? Then you are stuck with the one you have, lol. Anyway, this is another great episode that makes for a fun story and an overall enjoyable experience. It is kind of bad that the guy would want to erase his family instead of divorcing the wife, oh well. ;)