TaleSpin Forums

(ended 1994)

This show ended way too soon!!!

ScroogeMcNix

[1]Sep 5, 2006
    • level: 6

Don't you hate it when Disney pulls the plus on a series after 65 episodes???  This show was a worthy successor to DuckTales at the time but isntead of giving it more episodes like they did with DuckTales they gave that honor to Darkwing Duck.  They should have brought back Thadeos E. Klang and Katie Dodd as they were both searching for another lsot treasure.  Only this time the treasure lies in a magical sunken ship the off of Cape Suzette!!!  They could have also had Baloo and Rebecca form as a couple, and have adventures featuring just the two of them!  Perhaps there could be a big five or six part episode featuring a war between Cape Suzette and a new land of villains!!! 

What other ideas do you think they could have used as a continuation of the show???  What should and what shouldn't they have done???  The show had way too much fun and excitement to end after a minimum amount of episodes!!!    

Edited on 09/05/2006 5:00am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bebop345

[2]Sep 9, 2006
    • level: 37
    yeah its a shame, they probably thought it was not popular enough to make another season out of.

sonadora1

[3]Sep 9, 2006
    • level: 1
    Apparently popularity has nothing to with it. It seems that Disney has a 65 episode policy. It means that Disney tv shows are limited to 65 episodes and are then cancelled, even if a show is popular. Although Talespin was cancelled for other reasons, I think that this is an awful rule; good Disney shows were cancelled because of this of this rule. Hopefully this awful policy will end soon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/65_Episode_Policy

http://www.savedisneyshows.org/

http://kp.savedisneyshows.org/page3.html

tone-master21

[4]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 40
    The series was suppose to have a second season but due to other shows that were ready to come like Step By Step and others, the series was cancelled but did re-air on the weekdays on the Disney Adventures untill 1995, when the series moved to the Disney Channel.

joshjr

[5]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 12
    I agree that the show ended to soon.  I deffinately think that there was a audience for it still.  Hell my dad watched this cartoon about every day with us.

NoOneFanilow

[6]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 7
    I wish this show was still on. Maybe they will make a movie in the theatre about this. That would be great.

KingofIPirates

[7]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 32
    Man I loved that opening song

tone-master21

[8]Nov 3, 2006

NoOneFanilow wrote:
    I wish this show was still on. Maybe they will make a movie in the theatre about this. That would be great.

The chances of that happening are slim due to the fact that Disney refuses to use the character of Louie anymore for the fear of being sued again by the widow of Louis Prima  for "breach of contract, non-payment of royalties, unjust enrichment, fraud and negligent misrepresentation" since he was the original voice of King Louie in the Jungle Book movies. That is why King Louie didn't appear in the second movie.

Edited on 11/03/2006 4:34pm

NoOneFanilow

[9]Nov 9, 2006
    I never saw the jungle book 2, I'll rent it at the video store. Is it similar to talespin or a continuation of talespin?

tone-master21

[10]Nov 9, 2006

NoOneFanilow wrote:
    I never saw the jungle book 2, I'll rent it at the video store. Is it similar to talespin or a continuation of talespin?

No, it is not a continuation of Talespin and it is not similar to Talespin. It is similar to the first Jungle Book movie.

NoOneFanilow

[11]Nov 10, 2006
    cool, I'll definitly rent it anyway. There was actually one talespin episode on the dvd where baloo said bare necessities like he said in the jungle book. I guess bare necessities is to the jungle book, like the song I'm Gone is to talespin.

tone-master21

[12]Nov 10, 2006

NoOneFanilow wrote:
    cool, I'll definitly rent it anyway. There was actually one talespin episode on the dvd where baloo said bare necessities like he said in the jungle book. I guess bare necessities is to the jungle book, like the song I'm Gone is to talespin.

Yeah, I think so.

noorboness

[13]Nov 17, 2006
    • level: 8

yeah i hate that

when they make 65 espisode of any show

one was even stevens when he trying to tell her  somthing and she trying to tell him something the espisode ends and we dont know what happens

same thing lizzie they end it with lizzie and g___ kissing or when she tell him she loves him and then the movies comes

disney needs new rules

if they get a new show like for example raven they should air one every week just like lost and oth and others shows on the basic and if the season one ends they will not air anything till season 2 comes on

so they can get more people

season one started in 2003 and then it get done in may no espisode air in summer till jan 2004 and they air season 2 and then 2005 season 3 and then they get one year break and air season 4 in 2007

so it can stay longer

that what they should and stop airing reapets and reapets kills the shows

tone-master21

[14]Apr 26, 2007
    noorboness wrote:

yeah i hate that

when they make 65 espisode of any show

one was even stevens when he trying to tell her  somthing and she trying to tell him something the espisode ends and we dont know what happens

same thing lizzie they end it with lizzie and g___ kissing or when she tell him she loves him and then the movies comes

disney needs new rules

if they get a new show like for example raven they should air one every week just like lost and oth and others shows on the basic and if the season one ends they will not air anything till season 2 comes on

so they can get more people

season one started in 2003 and then it get done in may no espisode air in summer till jan 2004 and they air season 2 and then 2005 season 3 and then they get one year break and air season 4 in 2007

so it can stay longer

that what they should and stop airing reapets and reapets kills the shows

A lot a Disney's shows only lasted for 65 episodes.

3StarvingArtist

[15]May 9, 2007
    • level: 10

Hi all. I watched Tailspin when I was a child, and when they started airing it on TV again, I was delighted to see it. However, after looking at just how many episodes were produced, I realized that it didn't last as long as I originally thought it did -- which is a shame, as I think it's one of Disney's better shows.

What I would have never wanted to see (and I'm glad the writers never did it): Baloo and Rebecca becoming a couple. I'm sorry, but it's something that just strikes me as being wrong. I just don't see those two as anything more then good friends. Heck, I think that him and Plane Jane being together makes more sense.

What I would've wanted to seen: More back-story on Kit would've been great. Where are his parents? What are his roots? Plus, what in the world ever happened to Molly's dad?

sonadora1 wrote:
    Apparently popularity has nothing to with it. It seems that Disney has a 65 episode policy. It means that Disney tv shows are limited to 65 episodes and are then cancelled, even if a show is popular. Although Talespin was cancelled for other reasons, I think that this is an awful rule; good Disney shows were cancelled because of this of this rule. Hopefully this awful policy will end soon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/65_Episode_Policy http://www.savedisneyshows.org/ http://kp.savedisneyshows.org/page3.html

*frowns* Wow, that's really lame on Disney's behalf. To me, as long as a show continues to have good ideas, then I say keep on making new eps.

Edited on 05/09/2007 1:42pm
    Edited 3 total times.

tone-master21

[16]May 9, 2007
    [QUOTE="3StarvingArtist"]

Hi all. I watched Tailspin when I was a child, and when they started showing it on TV again, I was delighted to see it. However, after looking at just how many episodes were produced, I realized that it didn't last as long as I originally thought it did -- which is a shame, as I think it's one of Disney's better shows.

What I would have never have liked to see (and I'm glad they never did it): Baloo and Rebecca becoming a couple. I'm sorry, but it's something that just strikes me as being wrong. I just don't see those two as anything more then good friends. Heck, I think him and Plane Jane being together makes more sense.

What I would've wanted to seen: More back-story on Kit would've been great: where are his parents? What are his roots? Plus, what in the world ever happened to Molly's dad?

sonadora1 wrote:
    Apparently popularity has nothing to with it. It seems that Disney has a 65 episode policy. It means that Disney tv shows are limited to 65 episodes and are then cancelled, even if a show is popular. Although Talespin was cancelled for other reasons, I think that this is an awful rule; good Disney shows were cancelled because of this of this rule. Hopefully this awful policy will end soon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/65_Episode_Policy http://www.savedisneyshows.org/ http://kp.savedisneyshows.org/page3.html[/QUOTE]

*frowns* Wow, that's really lame on Disney's behalf. To me, as long as a show continues to have good ideas on where it could go, then I say keep on making new eps.

That would have been cool to see who Molly's dad was, but Disney has that stupid rule.

3StarvingArtist

[17]May 9, 2007
    • level: 10
    Ah, the "at least one parent must be dead" rule? Or the 65 eps and no more rule?
    Edited on 05/09/2007 1:44pm

NoOneFanilow

[18]May 10, 2007
    why did this show get cancelled?

tone-master21

[19]May 10, 2007
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Ah, the "at least one parent must be dead" rule? Or the 65 eps and no more rule?

The 65 episode rule.

tone-master21

[20]May 10, 2007
    NoOneFanilow wrote:
    why did this show get cancelled?

TaleSpin was suppose to have a 2nd season but was cancelled before production on the 2nd season began.