TaleSpin

(ended 1994)

SrRui

TaleSpin Fan Reviews (17)

• A bear flying a plane, a monkey slinging drinks, an empire run by a ruthless tiger, and a pack of dogs who are fierce air pirates... there is nothing today that can even come close to this!

One of the all time greatest cartoons! Kids today are really cheated with all the special effects and computer junk, it takes so much out of the show because it seems there is no thought put into the story anymore. There were enough different characters that everyone was able to relate to at least one of them really well. A general problem with today's shows is that you have to watch them in order, where as most of the old ones were stand alone eps and you could turn them on whenever and still understand the plot. I have all the eps on my computer in poor quality, I would love to buy the DVD's if they were ever released.
  • i never saw on disneychannel and i saw it on dvd this year

i never had a time to watch this show because it comes on different time and same with ducktales and others shows i watch only 3 shows only aladdin and timon and goof troop and then school starts and i miss like 10 good shows and when i come home is teen night no more cartoon and then i did not had toon disney till know and now tonndisney suck so bad it not toondisney is jetix now jetix need to be gone or something disney need to stop buying fox shows and i saw talespin on dvd and i said how come i miss it on tv and or did not watch on toondisney at all and i had toondisney but the good shows comes on like 11pm to 6am i miss it all i saw bonkers and others shows and now jetix is getting big and big it on like 24 hours and toondisney is 6 hours or something or less hours
  • A well written show with excellent storylines and exciting moments.

Talespin is a show starring "The Jungle Book's" Baloo the bear as a pilot for a cargo company. With his navigator, Kit and his boss, Rebecca Cunningham, they go on exciting adventures flying the Seaduck, Baloo's plane. In some episodes they encounter air pirates, gangsters, unfriendly nations, and much more in this classic show. It's sort of like a new version of the show "Ducktales", another classic from Disney. Each episode of this show is exciting and well-written which makes this one of the greatest shows of the 90s. If only they would bring this awesome show back on the air, though!
  • Awesome!

Man, what can I say about this awesome show? I know: FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! This was (and always will be) my favorite Disney cartoon from back in the 90s!!! And to have Disney bring it back to the new generation on DVD, it just gets even better! If you are new and haven't seen the show, I suggest you watch it now!

My vote: 10/10.
  • TaleSpin starred the characters form the Jungle Book.

This was yet another classic Disney Show, which brought together most of the Jungle books characters, like Baloo, Shar Khan, and King Louie, not to metion spme new faces like Kit, and Rebecca, and her daughter Molly.

This show also one one of the craziest villians, I've seen on a cartonn show, Don Carnage, he wasn't really sinister, but more of comic relief, all of his sinister plans normally going up in smoke, and there was always hilarious conquences.

This show was just another gem to add to the already great collection of Disney cartoons.
  • TaleSpin is a real animated masterpiece - Disney truely outdid itself with this one

In my humble opinion, cartoons today just don't compare to the great shows aired by Disney in the early 90's. TaleSpin, in particular, is the one which really stands out the most for me. I've never before seen a cartoon that includes all the aspects of a great show - drama, comedy, a great cast of characters, a compelling soundtrack and clever story lines too boot!

It's a show that can be enjoyed by children and adults alike - there's the typical child entertainment value, plus those occasional jokes a person needs to be a little bit older to understand :)

I think what truely makes this series spectuacular are the characters. Unlike so many slapstick, stupid comedy cartoons (I could name a few names here, but I won't ^-^) these characters are all so different from each other, and portray actual feelings and emotions which viewers can relate too.

'Plunder and Lightning', the (uncut) pilot movie, is by far the greatest pilot episode in comparison to other shows. Unfortunatly, it was only ever aired once and all future airing were in the form of 4 part episodes which suffered many cuts and edits. However, at the time, it was nominated for an emmy and then WON it! Surely that make's it worthy of a DVD release?!
    Hopefully, in the near future :)
  • This was the show I use to run home and watch after school

Talespin was a cartoon that used all the Jungle book characters like Ballo and Louie plus several more new ones and places them into a present day setting. In the cartoon talespin was one of the best cartoons that Disney ever product it had adventure, romance, comedy and the funniest pirate ever to come onto T.V. The episodes are so thought throe some of them might even make you cry and all of the episodes were good (not like some cartoons where you might have 1 bad cartoon for every 5 they came out with)

If you liked DuckTales you will love Tailespin just as much and it is a must have for little kids
  • Memories.... like the corners of my mind...

I came home from school everyday at 3:00 plunked down in front of the tv with my younger brother to watch my favorite tv trio... the disney afternoon as it was called. Ducktales, Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers and TaleSpin. I was at the store recently and saw Ducktales and Chip and Dale were on DVD but not TaleSpin. I didn't buy any of them. Nothing it the same without this show. I loved the very premise of it. I loved the fact that the female was the boss. I loved baloo looking after his new friend and of course I loved Kit's cloud kicking board! This was the best!
  • DuckTales revisited.

Ye olde Disney pendulum swings back the other way again.

We started with the archconservative Gummi Bears in a decaying medieval land defending the remnants of memory. Through that idyll punched the tip of Scrooge McD's moneybin and the globetrotting gliz of the go-go Reagan 80s. Chip n' Dale brought a return to the margins and periphery, a care for the small and the forgotten.

And now, with TaleSpin, we swing to the unbridaled capitalism of DuckTales-land.

What's our story? Well, again, the self-made entrepreneur (Scrooge/Cunningham) wants to make money. We take her as the base of analysis, because she, rather than Baloo, provides the dramatic motive force. He's rather just sit on an island with the Sea Duck and chill. She's the dreamer.

And who opposes her? The same forces that opposed Scrooge:

* The monopolist oligarch (Flintheart Glomgold/Shere Kahn) who wants to paralyze the free market.

* The wild and unruly ethnic bandits on the margins who just want to loot and plunder (the Beagle Boys/the Air Pirates).

* The totalitarian Eastern Bloc force that is simply playing by the rules of a totally different game than commodity capitalism (Magica and the Thembrians, of course.)

Yeah.
  • Have a peek at the main page.

This is what we call spin offs done right! It stayed true to the heart of the characters and their relations while making them interesting diverse and engaging. This show was hard to resist and still remains sorely missed :( This show is proof positive a "sequel" can be as good as the original!
  • Like the big manly bear it stars, Talespin is a strong, powerful show with a unique premise that has been copied time and time again since.

A beautiful hairy, cuddly, old bear lives the experience of loss of power in this moving cartoon from the mastermen at Dinsey animation.

It’s been said that you never forget your first time. I'll never forget TaleSpin. Through beautifully composed images and frank, candid dialogue, TaleSpin explores the truth behind the idea of commercialism and pilotting the blue skies for profit.

Old Baloo and beautiful young Disney animals share the exhilaration, vulnerability, and untainted excitement of what makes the journey from innocence to experience in the business world so utterly unforgettable. Discover the secrets of the jungle folk as they speak freely about their individual experiences and see how lessons learned help to shape their future identity. In an informative narrative, a single mother and her lonely child offer their own unique perspectives on the issues facing a small jungle community including safer flying and growing up with no worries. Once you’ve experienced the compelling stories from this toon, you will indeed find them impossible to forget.
  • This was a cute caper cartoon that didn't take pot shots!

All of the cartoon characters had personality-Baloo was the most loveable of all. Rebecca was the sassy spitfire boss who ran the airport Baloo flew from. It's amazing how this show and Darkwing Duck right after it used to keep me riveted for an hour after school every day. I loved everything about this show. Accept when they took it off. Again, another huge disappointment. I guess I can still enjoy the little McDonalds wind up toys that I got of the characters. Again, another classic that needs to be modeled after today. I miss the innocence of the late 80's and early 90's.
  • The best Disney Cartoon of the early 90's

Tale Spin was one of the best animated shows Disney produced in the early nineties and still is better then the animated stuff out there that Toon Disney puts on the air right now.

Prehaps the most well known Jungle Book spin off, the show had Baloo the bear as a care free, fun loving cargo pilot.
    Louie the orangatan as a night club owner
    And Shere Khan the Tiger as a business mogul so shrewd that he made Donald Trump look pleasent I wonder sometimes if the Donald got his ideas from Shere Khan.

It also introduced us to some new main Characters.

Colonel Spigot head of the Thembrian Air Force, Spigot was short and suffered from a Napoleon Complex.

Trader Moe the pygmy crocodile gangster

Rebecca Cunningham as a small time business woman and Baloo's boss.

Wildcat the Mechanic, despite having a small mind Wildcat was a master Mechanic.

Saving the best for last: Don Karnage the dreaded airpirate of the seven skies.
    Karnage and his gang of pirates often pursued Baloo. They traveled in a big airship known as the Iron Vulture, with his phony accent and dry wit Karnage was the most entertaining villian on the show and prehaps in Disney cartoon history.
    I was one of the few who liked Karnage to the point that when I got my first car {an 83 AMC Eagle} I named it The Iron Vulture

• an all round favorite and should still be on tv show

Myself as a kid i loved watching the cartoon i would wake up every saturday morning and go striaght to the t.v. it got tho the piont where i new what time it was on before i got to the tv it was an all time favorite and evan now at the age of 21 i wish it was still on.
  • Childhood memories

Okay, here's another cartoon from my past. You know, I'm starting to see a pattern here... they're almost all Disney. I don't seem to remember this one as well as I do the others. I remember it took the Jungle Book's Baloo and turned him into like a delivery pilot or something of the sort who worked for a business woman. And Sher Khan was some big time corporate guy. Their were also air or plane pirates, I can't remember exactly what they were called. I don't know why this one is so fuzzy, oh well.
  • Another solid show during the 90's. This was a show that was epic, exciting and very creative.

Talespin is one of the best shows Disney ever did.

Why? Because it had everything you could want, a solid cast of characters, epic music, and adventure.

The only thing this show seemed to lack was a larger cast of villains.

For the most part, Don Karnage was the only solid top notch villain of this show. Not saying that's a bad thing, but I'd like to see Baloo tangle with more foes than just one off's that weren't more versatile. As for the supporting cast, well, they speak for themselves.

Rebecca Cunningham was the best gal in the show hands down. She was smart, tough and a true buisness person. But the thing I loved most about her was the way she would yell at Baloo and argue with him. It was just downright hysterical. Too bad they didn't have an episode with Baloo and her getting married. Kit Cloudkicker was another I liked. He was the kid who had a bad situation in his life, but made the most of it. Even Wildcat was funny from time to time. The fact he was a brilliant mechanic, yet very stupid in another areas was interesting. Finally, I loved the one off gals they brought in during Baloo's travels. Females such as Katie Dodd, Clementime, Myra and Princess Lotta Lamour deserved more episodes instead of one offs and cameos.

All in all, this show was a big hit. It wasn't the best show ever, but it was really well done. Thumbs up Disney!
  • Tale spin was an animated show that aired on weekdays on 'the disney afternoon'it was a pretty funny cartoon and it was born right out of 'the jungle book'disney movie.

7.4
    the show was really funny and I would always look foward to watching the show right after coming home from school way back in the early 90's.along with ducktales,chip n dale's rescue rangers and the gummybears it would make a pretty sweet lineup.It even co starred all in the family's sally struthers as 'hire for hire'boss rebecca.