Talk Soup

E! (ended 2002)

Talk Soup Fan Reviews (6)

7.9
  • A talk show that was a satire of the news and tv shows.

A spring board for Greg Kinear. If this is a show that you do not normally watch and you are sitting at home with nothing to do, you are going to wish you had it on tape. Having it "on tape" had become the generic term for recorded programs. Today you are more likely to have the show on Tivo or DVR than VHS, or god forbid Beta!! It is kind of like how a lot of people still call CD's "records" or "albums." Anyway, back to the show. This is the type of show that is really pretty good if you would just give it a chance. So on those cold, lonely, rainy days, pop in your tape or DVR or whatever if you were smart enough to tape it. If not, check to see if it is on as a re-run. After all, as they say, if you have never seen it, it is new to you.
  • This series is a true guilty pleasure.

I love this show. There is a lot of crap on TV these days. The Soup (formally known as Talk Soup) filters that crap and leaves only the best of that crap. It then takes that crap and mocks it.

Ok. Actually they take some great clip from an otherwise unwatchable show, then they mock it. They do the same with celebrity news and gossip.

There is also Chat Stew segment where they make fun of talk shows like The View, Oprah, Dr. Phil, and Tyra. But my personal favorite bits are the weird clips from Japan and What the Kids are Watching.

I love this show because I know I'm not missing anything by avoiding shows like Flavor of Love, Laguna Beach, House of Carters, or Breaking Bonaduchi.
  • It was like watching a live action Beavis and Butt-Head but instead of skewering music videos they mocked the fertile ground of talk tv.

I watched Talk Soup from Kinnear to Sparks with every skunk boy Henson in between and I loved it. The show was a great way to poke fun at all the demented dopes paraded around on various talk shows every day. My favorite host had to be Henson who was excellent as the amoral everyman with perfect comic timing and delivery. The best thing about it was the show's complete lack of seriousness (which is easy to pull off when your show is about making fun of the easily mocked daytime talk shows)they never took themselves or the topic too seriously. They even had Kato guest host for god's sakes. Any show with Kato has to be good.
  • "Talk Soup" looked at and made fun of the world of TV talk. There was a 30 minute edition daily and the big one hour weekend edition that played Friday through Sunday.

Talk Soup showed how much fun one could have with a small budget but a lot of immagination. Led by executive producer Alex Duda, the show was never afraid to try anything. Greg was the master and made the show what it was. John picked up the ball and ran with it to bring it to even more comic heights. Aisha did a nice job trying to save the show after the one year Sparks fiasco. The show featured guest appearances from everyone from Dustin Hoffman to Phil Hartman. It featured excellent use of movie trailers, into which they would insert the host or the show's amusing crewmembers: Tom, Perrin, Alan Wu and of course the toast of Argentina, Senor Sock. There was an entire series of "Beach Week" shows in which John Henson pretended to do the show from the beach, (which was merely projected on the green screen behind him) and welcomed guests like Dawn Wells, Ed Asner, Tab Hunter, Frankie Avalon and Donna D'Errico. A "talk Soup in Space" show featured Dr. Smith and the robot as well as the guys from MST3000. There was a quote of the week, a clip of the week and a letter segment. The show won an Emmy for Best Special Class Program in 1995.
    It was a great experience!
  • Hal Sparks is love.

While it wasn't my favorite show by a long shot and didn't always have the freshest or funniest comedy Hal Sparks was a true gem. No matter what he does the guy is a laugh riot so there's no way he couldn't be great on this show. While some of the skits fell short Hal still kept me loving it.
  • FAITH HILL\'S ANGRY REACTION TO LOSING FEMALE COUNTRY ARTIST OF THE YEAR AWARD TO CARRIE UNDERWOOD! IT\'S A MUST-SEE!

Someone tell me I\'m crazy. Last nite; Country Music Awards; Camera shows multicast of all 5 nominees for Female Country Artist of the Year; they read the winner (Carrie Underwood); simultaneously - the other four nominee facial reactions (live) are being broadcast; Faith Hill goes berserk and angrily screams \"What?\" . . . while the other three losing nominees clap and smile, politely! You gotta see this folks! If you missed it live . . . just roll back your TeeVo and check this out! Unbelievable faux paux for (the surprisingly not-so-nice) Faith Hill!