TALKSHOW with Spike Feresten

Andy Richter

Aired Saturday 12:00 AM Sep 16, 2006 on FOX

• An original show that is sure to break the FOX late night curse!

Loved Rick Richards and Idiot Paparazzi... just hysterical. I found myself laughing out loud for 30 minutes straight. This show does not try to copy what we have been watching for years, but instead is not afraid to bring new ideas to the table. How great to see original comedy out there. It is a great blend of in studio comedy, as well as taped sketch pieces. Electric Lincoln calling Mrs. Lincoln \"Fugly\"... just classic. I have not been a fan of most sketch comedy shows for a while... but I will be tuning in for sure to see what else this new show has in store.
  • I actually really like this guy! He\'s normal yet quirky with some edge. Anyone willing to make a little fool of themselves for good TV is my type of guy!

I wasn\'t sure I would really like this guy, but I\'m just over SNL. So, when I got home early from work Saturday night and was flipping channels, I was pleasantly surprised that this guy is actually pretty funny. Pilots are usually not very good, but you can tell by watching this that the creators have some really good ideas. Now they just have to put them to work. I think Spike has a lot of potential, he\'s got a great writing background, and he\'s your all around good guy willing to be a little crazy for the good of entertainment. I\'ll watch again...even if it\'s just for Idiot Paparazzi.
  • This show has such great potential. Don't you get the feeling that it could go to places where other shows may not dare to go?

I can't believe that it was only half an hour, because they put so much comedy into it it seemed to be longer to me.

The on the street clips are cool and fresh. Mind you similar things have been done on Conan and Letterman, but these were new and really funny. It was funny to see that Andy Richter got to sit at the host's desk when he visited. I also like the line "I left Conan to find my own vehicle but that vehicle turned out to be a 1990 Dodge Omni".

Looking forward to next week's episode.