Tattletales

CBS (ended 1984)

Tattletales Fan Reviews (3)

6.8
  • I liked the "Price Is Right" music.

I told one of my friends that he looked like Bert Convy. He still doesn't know who that is, only what I have told him. He would probably want to meet Bert if he saw an episode where he kisses a woman that is a complete stranger. Unfortuneatly, at least what I know of him, Bert Convy is still dead, so nobody can meet him. He died in the 90's before he was going to host The Match Game. He was also the host of Super Password. And I liked the opening "Price Is Right" music. It really didn't follow the traditional game show format. And I think it was better than most game shows that were like Tattletales. And if you are wondering why the stage is green, it is because the audience is Blue, Red, and "Banana". I never understood why they did that.
  • The game of celebrity gossip may not be seen in your area.

Whenever there was a game show that featured only celebrities playing, it was a turn-off. Tattletales is the only exception to that rule.

But back in the mid 70's, some CBS affiliates took away the 4:00 EST/3:00 CST time slot to carry either syndicated talk shows, million dollar movies or sitcom/drama reruns.

That was the case for KHOU in Houston, when they favored Dinah! over Bert Convy. However, they did carry the 1980's version. In fact at one point (summer 1982), Houston was down to two network games (Family Feud & Tattletales). Hard to beleive The Price Is Right was dumped for two years because of Hour Magazine & Wheel was dumped over Donahue.
  • Classic 70s game show comedy, \"Tattletales\" perfect afternoon companion to \"Match Game\".

CBS\'s classic game show \"Tattletales\" has a history that actually dates back to 1963. Goodson-Todman had developed a game show for NBC called \"It Had To Be You\" but it didn\'t sell, so G-T put it on the backburner until 1969, when it surfaced in syndication as \"He Said, She Said.\" Four years later, G-T tweaked it for a revival on CBS under the name \"Celebrity Match Mates,\" and Gene Rayburn was to host it. However, Gene was tapped for \"Match Game \'73,\" so when the show got renamed \"Tattletales,\" they got Bert Convy, who was already seasoned from being on the panels of \"Match Game\" and \"What\'s My Line?\", to host it.

\"Tattletales\" replaced the lame duck soap opera \"Secret Storm\" at 4 PM, and was an unqualified hit. And it was a high-falutin\' hysterical hoot of a comedy game. Alternately sophisticated and silly, \"Tattletales\" was the perfect companion show to \"Match Game\", which came on immediately before on CBS. There is no possible way to do a revival of \"Tattletales\" today as the current crop of celebrities are about as funny as cardiac arrest. But the show Convy hosted was a cheeky, outrageously funny afternoon cocktail party that rewarded audiences for laughing at the panel\'s antics.