Teachers (UK) Forums

Channel 4 (ended 2004)

Simon - why the senseless waste?

kieran3486

[1]Aug 19, 2007
    • level: 11
    I only recently discovered Teacher's and I fell in love with it almost immediately - I liked it so much I've already watched Series 1 & 2. Series 1 was just brilliant, but series 2 left me rather disapointed. I liked how they focused more on the other characters in series 2, but I think they should have used Simon a lot more. And why did they get rid of his character?! It seemed utterly pointless to me. I've heard that the 4th series doesn't even have Kurt and Russell around anymore...why would the writers do this?! It seems silly to me. I think what they should have done was to focus on the other characters as much in series 1 as they did in 2, and have the Simon/Maggie storyline spread over the two series. And they deffinately shouldn't have gotten rid of Simon - he's the main reason I've enjoyed the show so much! Its a shame really.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alison_974

[2]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 17
    probably the actors.... at least they wrote simon out properly... not like with Brian Kurt and Matt apparently... i haven't seen that far yet though

Alimoso

[3]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 6

I doubt that they wrote them out.

I think they got better offer else where or didn't want to be type-cast. (Like the 9th doctor...)

I think Simon went off to be in series about a medium... can't remember the name.

I miss Kurt and Brian. They were the best ever!

ozziefan

[4]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 30
    yeah it wasn't the same without Simon. Though Brian and Kurt certainly made Series 3 more watchable! (and Simon came back for 2 or 3 episodes)

I would avoid Season 4 at all costs - in my eyes it doesn't even exist!!!