Teachers Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

SUBSTITUTE: Discuss

tinkslh

[1]Mar 30, 2006
    • level: 5
    Everyone gangs up on Alice when Jeff tries to make her jealous by hitting on the new substitute teacher and Calvin and Dick try their best to ensure that Alice doesn't get made faculty chair.

- Discuss the pilot episode.

I really enjoyed this; more than I expected. Im a big fan of the UK version and wasnt sure how this would compare, but Im pleasantly surprised.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

-ACL-

[2]Mar 30, 2006
    • level: 25
    Yeah, this was actually a pretty good episode. I wasn't too sure when I saw all the negative reviews around here, but they were wrong, it was good.

alsaker85

[3]Apr 1, 2006
    • level: 11
    Yeah, I thought it wasn't too bad. From the commercials, and the fact that it has a laugh-track, I wasn't excepting much and it exceeded my exceptations at least. That said, this was only the pilot and I'll have to watch a few more episodes before I can really judge it and decide if it's something I want to watch regularly.
    Also, I'm not sure this show packs enough of a punch for it to draw in a big enough audience for NBC to keep it around next year. But we'll have to see.

CasaHova

[4]Apr 7, 2006
    • level: 9
    I saw this after another episode (when they go to the play) But still very good, I mean not every show can be the best, I hope that it does find a nich and a good spot on the NBC lineup