Teen Titans Go! Forums

Wednesday 7:30 PM on Cartoon NetworkIn Season

Does anyone like this show?

What is your opinion on TTG!?

VirusMonster

[1]Jun 13, 2013
    • level: 15

I know I'm an adult and this show is meant for kids, but goodness' sake I don't really enjoy this show or get into it. The jokes are really... dumb at times and I will admit a few things make me chuckle but other than that nothing special.

I'm not sure I like the art style for the character though sometimes I do enjoy it, I vastly prefer the chibi looks from the DC Nation shorts that featured them... those were good and stayed faithful to the original show's visual appearance. I know I want to see Teen Titans revived considering the final episode left a bad cliffhanger, like what happen to Terra? How did she get free and why is her powers and memories gone? The episode before it when the Teen Titans defeated the Brain and has all of the new members in that final scene to surprise Dr. Light was a more better series finale than the cliffhanger one.

Sometimes I wonder about people and the writers and even though it has 15 minutes of the episode plots divided into two episodes I feel like a pure comedy route with Teen Titans wasn't a smart move, it just wasn't made to be a solely comical show based on a super hero series. Shows like Spongebob and Gumball (though I don't really think it's all that funny and it's barely OK for me) are more suited to the comical route.

What about you guys? Do you like this show?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LordGrievous

[2]Jun 13, 2013
    • level: 13

I've seen every episode aired and so far the show is quite horrible.

the stories stink and the characters aside from Raven are jerks especially Robin and BeastBoy.

This show makes Annoying Orange look more worth watching.

But while most of the show stinks so far there are a little good bits like Raven liking My Little Pony was pretty funny/cute since it goes against her usual nature and I thought Robin threatening Gizmo was the funnist thing from the show so far.

starfish98

[3]Jun 13, 2013
    • level: 16

Meh, I don't think it's that bad. I only watch it when I'm extremely bored, so I haven't seen much. Of course I still prefer the original series, though.

RaizenYusuke

[4]Jun 14, 2013
    • level: 28
    It's a standard kids comedy that doesn't have adult subtext for adults and teens to enjoy. It makes sense for people who are over 13 to be turned off by it. Worse than Annoying Orange I'll agree to disagree with that. I can't watch Orange but can find this watchable.

VirusMonster

[5]Jun 15, 2013
    I don't watch Annoying Orange... I mean what kind of show is that? So I'll say TTG is more watchable to me, but still... it's not that great.

Do kids even like this themselves?

PIGGYDOOM

[6]Jun 29, 2013
    • level: 8

I do not like this show at all! Its a huge disgrace to Teen Titans, especially since pretty much every character on the show is an idiot now, with the exceptions of Raven and Starfire, even if they do annoy me at times they're pretty much the only good characters on the show! Cartoon Network once again makes a dumb move and continues to upset their viewers! Bring back the old Teen Titans! The newer one sucks!!!

roweantarts

[7]Jul 3, 2013
    I still don't get the concept of a superhero show, with little to no actual super heroics.

RaizenYusuke

[8]Sep 16, 2013

roweantarts wrote:
    I still don't get the concept of a superhero show, with little to no actual super heroics.
    Usually to parody the hell out of how silly superheroes can be. This type of stuff is popular. It's like why Robot Chicken was so popular. You take characters and settings and bring crazy situations or pointed out flaws for fun. This basically a kid version of that. You have a episode where Raven's dad comes to visit and grants her friends wishes so she'll turn evil. Sad fact is guys we're just not the audience Cartoon Network wants anymore. 13 and over are more likely to have jobs, social lives, and go out more then kids 12 and younger who are more likely to stay in to watch a cartoon. TTG is popular with the kids. The reason we have this show is because those Teen Titan skits on DC Nation were popular that CN thought to just make a show revolving around it. It makes sense from a business stand point.

CN controls its audience. If they want a show to be really successful and feel it is can reach out the audience it wants it whores out. There is a reason CN shown more episodes of TTG and Uncle Grandpa during the week (despite not having many episodes and often do a lot of repeats). They reach out the audiences they want (kids 12 and younger), while shows like YJ really popular with both 13 and over crowd and 12 and younger crowd they weren't confident in it selling well. The toyline was barely advertised and DVDs weren't advertised at all. You found them at the stores and were pleasantly surprised. They aren't willing to take the risk of shows like YJ anymore like they would have 10 years ago. That probably won't change until CN gets a new president and exes.

roweantarts

[9]Sep 26, 2013
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

roweantarts wrote:
    Usually to parody the hell out of how silly superheroes can be. This type of stuff is popular. It's like why Robot Chicken was so popular. You take characters and settings and bring crazy situations or pointed out flaws for fun. This basically a kid version of that. .

OK, I kinda see your point, but why would DC try and point out how silly their own comic book characters are? Yeah, it'll get the kids' attention, but when they grow a little older there's next to no chance this will entice them into the comics, and that surely is part of the point.

RaizenYusuke

[10]Oct 18, 2013

roweantarts wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

roweantarts wrote:
    Usually to parody the hell out of how silly superheroes can be. This type of stuff is popular. It's like why Robot Chicken was so popular. You take characters and settings and bring crazy situations or pointed out flaws for fun. This basically a kid version of that. .

OK, I kinda see your point, but why would DC try and point out how silly their own comic book characters are? Yeah, it'll get the kids' attention, but when they grow a little older there's next to no chance this will entice them into the comics, and that surely is part of the point.
    For one thing it's funny, second people who poke fun at themselves acknowledges they see flaws and can laugh with it and not take themselves too seriously. It's like a comedians poke fun at stereotypes of their race or social group that are sometimes more true than people are willing to admit. It's all in good fun. That doesn't mean they are calling stories stupid, just acknowledging some of the flaws. This stuff people joke about anyway, so it's not like its a secret. The actually comics poke fun at some of ridiculousness of a situation too. How do you know it won't get them interested in comics? If kids like it they may actually find out more about and thanks to internet it is possible for them to find about it more and possibly get interested in comics. The original Teen Titan cartoons were pretty far off from the source material at first to, but its popularity is what revived the Teen Titan comics in the first place and got people interested. This cartoon isn't the best, but it serves purpose. I'm sorry guys, but saying this CN screw up is unfortunately not true. It's already gotten a second season and lots of air time. It's doing well. Unfortunately networks are returning to simplistic cartoons which only appeal to kids and not the witty and depth cartoons that both kids and adults could enjoy. There are obvious exceptions, but from what I've seen this seems like the case.

DisneyVillain

[11]Dec 26, 2013
    • level: 13

I sort of liked it, but it's declining very fast.

MsOrange1

[12]Feb 19, 2014
    • level: 7

I definitely like it, and it's certainly more humorous than the regular 'Teen Titans'.

Also, does anyone notice that Cyborg's less serious in the 'Go!' version than the other one?

Raccoon1459

[13]Apr 25, 2014
    • level: 22
    I saw this about a month or two ago and it's not bad.

I love the humorous situations the Titans get themselves in and out of.

edmasterchaos

[14]May 3, 2014
    • level: 41

It's amazing. Sorta like an Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia for kids. It's way more consistent than YJ, so that's good.

roweantarts

[15]Jun 8, 2014

RaizenYusuke wrote:

roweantarts wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

roweantarts wrote:

For one thing it's funny, second people who poke fun at themselves acknowledges they see flaws and can laugh with it and not take themselves too seriously. It's like a comedians poke fun at stereotypes of their race or social group that are sometimes more true than people are willing to admit.

1) Teen Titans go isn't, in my opinion, very funny.

2) This is in contrast to everything else coming out of DC at the moment. Pretty much every live action TV show and film take themselves very seriously (too seriously in my opinion). I acknowledge comics used to be a lot more goofy and silly, it's less common in modern day stuff, which let's be honest, is the stuff kids are likely to be drawn to in their later age

3) Surely if you want to laugh at super-hero stereotypes, the best way to do that is to make fun of actual super-heroics, rather than trying to make the stuff in between missions interesting/funny

:
    The original Teen Titan cartoons were pretty far off from the source material at first to, but its popularity is what revived the Teen Titan comics in the first place and got people interested.

It's not that it's far off the source material that's the problem, is that it's trying to be something other than a superhero show, when it features super-heroes.

The Teen Titan comics were revived only about a month after the show started airing, they may have been banking on it being a success to sell the book, and were fortunate that it was.

Which does not seem to be the case with Teen Titans at the moment, it's sales are bad enough that the series is being relaunched with a new #1 issue. (Having read the comic I suspect it's more the comic's fault... but clearly show's success isn't helping its sales)

But alas, you're probably right about CN, it's clearly a money-spinner for them, not least because (looking at it anyway) it's relatively cheap to produce.

Edited on 06/13/2014 3:37pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Inflikted1

[16]Aug 17, 2014

Okay - I'm 37 years old... I was a HUGE fan of the original Teen Titans show back in 2003-6 time... HUGE fan! I was pretty active here on the tv.com boards, made a lot of friends, got wrapped into big ol discussions about a TV show, vs the comics, etc, yadda yadda.

I personally LOVE this show! I think it is funnier than hell! I have three daughters - one that is 10, one that is 7, and one that is 2... Well the 2 year old only likes it because she gets to sit on daddy's lap while watching it - but the 10 year old and 7 year old think it's fun too. Funny part is, is that I've shown them a bunch of episodes from the Teen Titans show from the early 2000's.. And they love it too.

I am really impressed that they got the same voices as the original, the whole nine yards. Even the animation is cute - definitely more so for younger kids - but hey, it's better than Sam and Cat...

Dunking_dove

[17]Aug 18, 2014
    • level: 4
    Not my cup of tea. Never cared for anime wannabee toon shows. Too forced for me. I like shows that have a natural greatness to them. Again made for the love of animation and not for the love of money.