Teen Titans Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

i know why they cancel teen titans

darksideraven

[1]Jul 8, 2006
    • level: 14

wrote all the crew members of teen titans and one of them sent me a message so please read

Hi,

TitansGo.net is a fan-site and isn't officially associated with Cartoon
    Network, so we're not able to get new Teen Titans episodes made.

Sadly, Cartoon Network cancelled Teen Titans because they're more
    interested in focusing on their own studio's shows (Teen Titans is made by
    WB Animation, not Cartoon Network). However, there's still much hope. Many
    cancelled shows are starting to make comebacks due to overwhelming fan
    support (such as "Kim Possible", "Family Guy", and "Futurama"). Because of
    this, we strongly urge all Teen Titans fans to support the show by writing
    to Cartoon Network and telling them how much we all want Teen Titans to
    return.

You can write to Cartoon Network at this address:

Cartoon Network
    1050 Techwood Drive
    Atlanta, GA 30318

Another big thing fans can do to help is buying Teen Titans merchandise,
    especially the upcoming "Complete Second Season" DVD (out this September)
    and Teen Titans "Trouble in Tokyo" DVD movie (out this October). If those
    DVD releases are successful enough, we'll be able to see even more Teen
    Titans projects...maybe even a show renewal. Spread the word to all you
    know, we can save Teen Titans!

-Butho

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DigiFoxCat

[2]Jul 9, 2006
    • level: 12
    thank for the info. I'll write but we need as many fans as possible to write letters the more letters the better. We'll see what happens till then I 'll suport what we have.

-Silverstar-

[3]Jul 9, 2006
    • level: 9

:
    Sadly, Cartoon Network cancelled Teen Titans because they're more
    interested in focusing on their own studio's shows (Teen Titans is made by
    WB Animation, not Cartoon Network).

This is only a fraction of the truth; there are other reasons why the show is now over. CN ruined TT by overairing it to the point where people began tuning out, coupled with the fact that the TT toys were substandard and sold poorly. Lack of interest and lack of sales revenus equals lack of $$$$$$$$$, and that results in the death of a show. Not only is CN more interested in focusing on their own studio's shows,
    it's also LESS EXPENSIVE for them to do so as opposed to licensing out
    to other studios. Staying within their own studio is simply cheaper for
    them to do. It's all about the money, and don't let anyone tell you
    otherwise. Finally, the cast and crew of TT were ready to move on to other projects. CN's contract with WB regarding TT expires in 2007, so what was the point of doing another season of the show when interest and enthusiamsm for it was beginning to wane? Finally, so many of you fail to realize that TT was originally going to end TT after season 4 at 52 episodes (the suitable number for a show to enter syndication), so instead of whining for a 6th season, instead you should be thankful that you even got 5 seasons.

:
    However, there's still much hope. Many
    cancelled shows are starting to make comebacks due to overwhelming fan
    support (such as "Kim Possible", "Family Guy", and "Futurama"). Because of
    this, we strongly urge all Teen Titans fans to support the show by writing
    to Cartoon Network and telling them how much we all want Teen Titans to
    return.

This isn't going to work. It's silly to try and equate TT to the likes of Family Guy and Futurama. These shows were far more popular than TT and part of what boosted their returns to TV were the high DVD sales and the popularity of the reruns on Adult Swim. (As for Kim Possible, from what I understand, they only returned with 5 or 6 additional episodes before calling it a series once more.) Telling Cartoon Network you want more episodes of TT doesn't mean squat to them, because a) they don't make the show and b) their contract with TT expires next year. They honestly aren't going to care unless they think a profit can be made. Plus, let me remind you once more that the cast and crew have already moved on to other projects. Writing a bunch of letters and buying lots of toys isn't going to enable them to break their proir commitments and contracts and suddenly go back into making TT episodes, especially if they don't want to do it anymore. If Titans Go To Tokyo sells well, we can possibly expect more DTVs, and of course there's always the Teen Titans GO! comic series and fanfiction, but the chances of the show itself resuming are close to none. Deal with it.

Why did you have to go and create ANOTHER "Save TT" thread? We've got dozens of them already. Just let it go.
    Edited on 07/09/2006 7:52am
    Edited 3 total times.

-Blackstar-

[4]Jul 9, 2006
    • level: 8

Oh, gawd! Not again! We get enough of this crap from swtt! No offense, but you "Save TT" people seriously need to work on getting a life! All shows end sooner or later. Static Shock ended. X-Men: Evoltuion ended.  And now Teen Titans has ended. It was just TT's time. I think it stinks that CN cancelled Megas XLR after only 2 seasons, but I've accepted this fact and am hoping that CN will make a DVD of the series instead of creating multiple threads whining about it. If your life revolves around a TV show, then that is truly very sad.

And don't delude yourselves into believing that if you buy several copies of Teen Titans DVDs that Warner Brothers will have a change of heart and decide to produce another season and that CN will fund it. Writing letters to cartoon network won't accomplish jack either, as CN only aired the series. They did NOT produce it in any way, shape or form. They probably don't even read most of the fan mail that they recieve. Unless you've got Donald Trump money and are willing to shell out big bucks for the creative staff (including overseas animators) to make new episodes and then can find a station that's willing to air them, you can pretty much rule out a 6th season of TT. And don't further delude yourselves by saying how "many other shows are coming back". Family Guy, Futurama and Kim Possible are only 3 shows. It would take a much larger number than that to qualify as "many", And all 3 of these afformentioned shows have a MUCH larger fanbase than TT has/had. At the very most, you may get some more DTVs and the like, but pining away for a 6th and 7th season of the show is like leaving the porch light on for Jimmy Hoffa; fruitless.

Grow the h3ll up and accept the fact that the series is over and done with! And stop with these fraggin' repeat threads! You're like a broken mp3!

Edited on 07/09/2006 7:57am
    Edited 6 total times.

swtt

[5]Jul 9, 2006
    • level: 18
    True Blackstar but when I emailed Butho he sent me mail just like that but I still have hope for a season 6 but I won't bother you in stead if we won't get it send for more DTV's that will also work if you think its better for yourself call the movie a season 6.

-Silverstar-

[6]Jul 9, 2006

So who the h3ll is this Butho? He's NOBODY. He doesn't work for Warner Bros., so he has absolutely no say in this or any show's future. The people at TitansGo.net aren't affiliated with Warner Bros. Animation, so what they have to say doesn't mean squadoo. Why can't you just accept that there aren't going to be any more episodes of TT? You can call the movie season 6 if that will help ease the pain, but that would be stupid and untrue. Living in denail isn't healthy; you need to grow up and face reality in order to properly deal with life. And the reality is that TT is friggin' DONE.

You're getting a movie, you're still getting the TV show-based comics series, and you're getting DVDs of the series. Honestly, what have you "Save TT" people got to b*tch and moan about? You just won't be happy unless you get a season 6, nevermind that season 5 was half-a$$ed and mediocre. You're like a bunch of spoiled kids crying "I want it! I want it!" It's pathetic, if you ask me.
    Edited on 07/09/2006 8:14am
    Edited 2 total times.

-Blackstar-

[7]Jul 9, 2006

I don't need to have a season 6. That's not important to me. I enjoyed TT, sure, but my life doesn't revolve around TT or any TV show, for that matter. I would rather see an all new Teen Titans series with a different take on the cast, animation and storytelling style. We got 5 seasons. That's more than many shows get. I can deal with that. Besides, season 5 wasn't very good, overall, so TT was only bound to get worse from there. TT would have become like The Simpsons, that's only airing out of habit because FOX refuses to let the show die gracefully. Instead, it just keeps running and running, getting less imaginative and innovative to the point where no one but the most die-hard fans have abandoned it. I would rather TT just end than go out on a whimper like that, but that's just me.
    Edited 4 total times.

swtt

[8]Jul 9, 2006
    -Silverstar- wrote:
    So who the h3ll is this Butho? He's NOBODY. He doesn't work for Warner Bros., so he has absolutely no say in this or any show's future. The people at TitansGo.net aren't affiliated with Warner Bro.s Animation, so what they have to say doesn't mean squadoo. Why can't you just accept that there aren't going to be any more episodes of TT? You can call the movie season 6 if that will help ease the pain, but that would be stupid and untrue. Living in denail isn't healthy; you need to grow up and face reality in order to properly deal with life. And ther eality is that TT is friggin' DONE.
    His real name is Butch and he was in a Titans episode I think in 297 494 for the people who were watching TV that big group he probably knows more than us.

swtt

[9]Jul 9, 2006
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    I don't need to have a season 6. That's not important to me. I enjoyed TT, sure, but my life doesn't revolve around TT or any TV show, for that matter. I would rather see an all new Teen Titans series with a different take on the cast, animation and storytelling style. We got 5 seasons. That's more than many shows get. I can deal with that. Besides, season 5 wasn't very good, overall, so thing were bound to only go downhill from there. TT would have become like The Simpsons, that's only airing out of habit because FOX refuses to let the show die gracefully. Instead, it just keeps running and running, getting less imaginative and innovative. I would rather TT just end than gou out on a whimper like that, but that's just me.

Your right thats just you and this is just me.

-Silverstar-

[10]Jul 9, 2006
    How could he have been in an episode of a CARTOON show? Do you even listen to yourself? And the official word is that production on TT has ceased. Exec producer David Slack is now working on Legion, Tara Strong is working on Ben 10 (a CN in-house production) and wanted to lessen her schedule to spend more time with her family, Greg Cipes wanted to devote more time to his music, and so on. So even if by some miracle there were to be another season of TT, it most likely wouldn't feature a lot of the people who were originally involved with the show and made it so good, and this season 6 would probably be even less well received than season 5 was. And if show began to really go south and suck, it would all be the fault of you "Save TT" people because you didn't know when to let it go. I say allow TT to end while it was still fairly good then let it continue and get progressively worse.

-Blackstar-

[11]Jul 9, 2006

These are the same kind of fanatics who after season 2's "Aftershock" whined and moaned non-stop saying "I want Terra to come back!" "I want to see Terra again!", and so the writers attempted to appease those Terra-heads by making "Things Change", an episode that wasn't even really part of season 5's continuity. Rather it was made soley for the purpose of satisfying the Terra fans. But were they satisfied? NO! They still complained endlessly about HOW she came back and how she didn't end up joining the Titans and about this and about that.
    After the final episode of Dexter's Laboratory "Last But Not Beast", fans complained that they wanted to see more Dexter episodes. But Genndy Tarakofsky was already comitted to working on his new creation, Samurai Jack and wouldn't direct any more Dexters, so instead, we got that horrendous season directed by Chris Sorvino where the drawings and storylines blew chowder.
    My point? Even if TT's producers were to make an additional season, it would be handled by some different writers, directors, animators and voice actors. And these same hard headed fans who whined for more episodes will complain that it's just not the same. They won't be satisfied either way, so what would be the freakin' point?
    Edited on 07/09/2006 8:30am
    Edited 2 total times.

Xtroid

[12]Jul 9, 2006
    • level: 5

It's The Star Brothers! They're plumbing's our board, They're not like the others who get all the fame. If your sink in trouble, you can call them on the double, They're faster than the others, you'll be hooked on the Brothers! Uh! You'll be hooked on the Brothers Gimme gimme, gimme gimme! You're in for a treat, so hang on to your seat. Get ready for adventures and remarkable topics. You'll meet the Save TT Fans, n00bs, and the others, hangin' with the forums, you'll be hooked on the Brothers! To the threads! Uh! Uh! Huh, huh, I said hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hooked on the Brothers!  Arghh! sorry, I just had to...

-Blackstar-

[13]Jul 9, 2006
    LOL! Nice homage. I used to wacth that show all the time!

darksideraven

[14]Jul 9, 2006
    • level: 14

sorry to yall that are hating these save TT bulletin but i thought that this could help out alot

-Silverstar-

[15]Jul 9, 2006

It's not about us hating it; it's just we've all heard this rhetoric a million times before. With a less-than-good final season and the possibility of not having many of the creative team's key players, I personally don't even want a 6th season of TT. If the franchise continues to be popular, I wouldn't rule out a new TT series down the line in a couple of years, but honestly, what else can they do with this show? In season 4 they saved the flippin' planet from a demon. What's left? Slade again? Brother Blood again? Another lame Blackfire episode? Come on. The ONLY thing I feel they could have done would be to give Starfire a season, since she's the only Titan not to receive one, but that seems unlikely, given how one-dimesnional Starfire was portrayed on the show and the fact that the show's writers felt that Star didn't need a season-wide arc since her stand-alone episodes were amongst their favorites.
    Edited on 07/09/2006 8:52am

wwfpooh

[16]Jul 9, 2006
    • level: 20
    -Silverstar- wrote:
    So who the h3ll is this Butho? He's NOBODY. He doesn't work for Warner Bros., so he has absolutely no say in this or any show's future. The people at TitansGo.net aren't affiliated with Warner Bros. Animation, so what they have to say doesn't mean squadoo. Why can't you just accept that there aren't going to be any more episodes of TT? You can call the movie season 6 if that will help ease the pain, but that would be stupid and untrue. Living in denail isn't healthy; you need to grow up and face reality in order to properly deal with life. And the reality is that TT is friggin' DONE.

You're getting a movie, you're still getting the TV show-based comics series, and you're getting DVDs of the series. Honestly, what have you "Save TT" people got to b*tch and moan about? You just won't be happy unless you get a season 6, nevermind that season 5 was half-a$$ed and mediocre. You're like a bunch of spoiled kids crying "I want it! I want it!" It's pathetic, if you ask me.
    I heard that and applaud all said. Seriously as much I love TT and would like it for it to continue to wrap up some loose ends, I understand the symbolism in episodes, such as "Things Change", which have Terra telling BB to move on...in a way, having the writers tell us fans to move on, for the series is DONE, OVER, FIN, ENDED, etc. and nothing, except an extensive amount of the green stuff will change it...In fact, here's a clip of "Things Change": http://teentitans.toonzone.net/tt/reviews/thingschange/03.mp3

theportal

[17]Jul 9, 2006
    • level: 26
    swtt wrote:
    -Silverstar- wrote:
    So who the h3ll is this Butho? He's NOBODY. He doesn't work for Warner Bros., so he has absolutely no say in this or any show's future. The people at TitansGo.net aren't affiliated with Warner Bro.s Animation, so what they have to say doesn't mean squadoo. Why can't you just accept that there aren't going to be any more episodes of TT? You can call the movie season 6 if that will help ease the pain, but that would be stupid and untrue. Living in denail isn't healthy; you need to grow up and face reality in order to properly deal with life. And ther eality is that TT is friggin' DONE.
    His real name is Butch and he was in a Titans episode I think in 297 494 for the people who were watching TV that big group he probably knows more than us.

swtt, is Butho the titansgo.net management person? Just curious as I've seen someone called Butho over on those forums. If so, then that might explain what you mean about "Episode 257-494": the scene where real people are shown (in the part where the newscaster announces that the TV signals will turn people into zombies) features a bunch of people from the titansgo.net management, as was announced some time ago on that website. And if anyone thinks I'm lying or the website is lying, then I'll remind you that the writers and creators of the series are always on the forums over there, giving spoilers (eg. for the comic) and such.

Xtroid

[18]Jul 9, 2006
    • level: 5

theportal wrote:
    I'll remind you that the writers and creators of the series are always on the forums over there, giving spoilers (eg. for the comic) and such.

Oh yeah, I remember the member 'Mumbo' who seemed to be the character designer http://derrickjwyatt.blogspot.com/

Andy639_basic

[19]Jul 9, 2006
    • level: 11
    It's really rather irrelevant now. The series is over. It's not as popular as Family Guy or Futurama. It's not coming back.

fluffman4

[20]Jul 9, 2006
    • level: 19
    -Silverstar- wrote:
    How could he have been in an episode of a CARTOON show? Do you even listen to yourself? And the official word is that production on TT has ceased. Exec producer David Slack is now working on Legion, Tara Strong is working on Ben 10 (a CN in-house production) and wanted to lessen her schedule to spend more time with her family, Greg Cipes wanted to devote more time to his music, and so on. So even if by some miracle there were to be another season of TT, it most likely wouldn't feature a lot of the people who were originally involved with the show and made it so good, and this season 6 would probably be even less well received than season 5 was. And if show began to really go south and suck, it would all be the fault of you "Save TT" people because you didn't know when to let it go. I say allow TT to end while it was still fairly good then let it continue and get progressively worse.

You have an excellent point, and nobody of a higher intelligence can really find faults with your logic. The show would've gotten progressively worse... it's the downfall of running out of good material, and one example: pokémon, that has been so overrun, so elongated that still baffles me how it has a fanbase. I'm overall happy that it ended at it's current point, and i'm still looking forward to the legion of superheroes.