Teen Titans Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

New Teen Titans Show Set For 2013!!!!!!!

BreeBree446

[1]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 4

First off, these are not my words. I'm pasting from a different link.

----

Good News:
    -THE RUMOR ABOUT TESTING TT SHORTS ON BRINGING BACK THE ACTUAL SHOW WAS TRUE.
    -ALL VOICE ACTORS WILL BE TOGETHER
    -Still has that kid-ish appropriate.
    -Full half-hour shows!

Bad News( Changes. it depends if its good or bad in your view):
    -The title will be: Teen Titans Go!
    -Different drawing styles
    -More focused on humor
    -It's more of a filler episode as being teenagers during their free time
    -Premieres in 2013.

----

Needmore Information? Click here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/08/teen-titans-returning-with-new-full-length-episodes

The picture below is an example of what the animation style will look like.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

syrusfan

[2]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 38

Huh...need more information before I judge more.

BreeBree446

[3]Jun 9, 2012

That's really all I have at the moment. From what I understand the information was only just posted within the past few days.

teenj12

[4]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 26
    Can't wait . Bit dissapointed that it'll be more humorous, but I'm just glad to have my titans back .

starfish98

[5]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 16

Great news. I'm glad all the original voice actors are coming back.

RaizenYusuke

[6]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 28
    The reason it might be more humorus now is because they have the serious Young Justice airing now. They may not want to have a serious Teen Titans and Young Justice airing at the same time since they are both about teen superhroes fighting evil. That is just my guess though. Not sure what to think of this. I am not in love the new style, but can get used to it. I am going to miss the serious plotlines.

BundyX75

[7]Jul 3, 2012
    • level: 6

All of the changes are terrible. Firstly, when I hear Teen Titans Go!, I think of the comic adaptation of the TV series, which definitely didn't have the tone this show is going for. The new drawing style is atrocious. More focused on humor is something I can't say I'm excited for. They definitely had funny moments but it's not the series strong point. During their free time, so we are also eliminating action from this series? Not good news either. Debuting in 2013 is terrible just because this is definitely debuting.

I'll never understand the logic between bring a show back (technically in this case) but bringing it back as something different. All you really accomplish there is to alienate the fanbase you would beguaranteedto have. Sure, I'll check out the first episode, but if it doesn't impress me after that, then I won't be coming back. Heck, if it wasn't for the same va's I wouldn't even think about checking it out. Seriously, the shorts were fine but they were shorts. If Cartoon Network literally thought people just wanted thirty minutes of those shorts, then they aren't the brightest bulbs. I know that since the shorts aired, petition have started and people have sent more messages to Cartoon Network (I did) but that's not because the shorts were fantastic CN, it was because this was the first time you've show any interest in reforming it. I highly doubt the people who wanted Titans back wanted them in a half hour comedy.

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    The reason it might be more humorus now is because they have the serious Young Justice airing now. They may not want to have a serious Teen Titans and Young Justice airing at the same time since they are both about teen superhroes fighting evil. That is just my guess though. Not sure what to think of this. I am not in love the new style, but can get used to it. I am going to miss the serious plotlines.

That would be a really stupid reason for the following . . .

I. Shows within a programming block are suppose to be very similar. Just being DC properties isn't really good enough, especially considering that having two shows that similar means people are less likely to change the channel during the block if they are being offered something in the same vein. If Teen Titans Go airs after Young Justice, Iguarantee fans will be switching the channel. Granted, likewise fans will be switching the channel to see the Titans show who don't watch Young Justice so it might even out, but you really don't want that in a programming block. That's why comedies are always placed in a block together, and dramas are always placed in a black together. You want the audience to stay for the whole block, and that's more likely if the shows have something in common while still having enough distinction which brings me to . . .

II. I don't watch Young Justice because I thought the two parter pilot wasn't that great, but I canguarantee that both series had a different vibe. Teen Titans wasn't always serious, they had plenty of goofy episodes, they had enough that they decided that the theme song will tell you if it wasn't going to be goofy. That's another thing I'm not excited about Go, I liked having that mix. Anyway, with those in mine, the fact that the Teen Titans don't change members ever, I just can't see the similarities being that much that they feel the need to make the new one like this.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if that was CN's reasoning . . .

DreadAngelus

[8]Jul 4, 2012
    • level: 12

I'm a little sad because the storyline may not continue... unless they reveal the identity of the girl who looked like Terra in the last episode.

BundyX75

[9]Jul 4, 2012
    • level: 6

DreadAngelus wrote:

I'm a little sad because the storyline may not continue... unless they reveal the identity of the girl who looked like Terra in the last episode.

The girl didn't just look like Terra . . . she was Terra. There is a ton of evidence to support this, watch it again and listen more closely to some of Terra's word choices. At least at the very end, they make it become kind of obvious. I believe she says exactly "Things were never they way you remembered them Beast Boy", which pretty much proves it's her, along other evidence like lack of Terra's Statue. As for how she got out of the statue life, think back to The End three parter at the end of season four. When Trigon came to Earth he turned everyone into stone, when Raven defeated him, she turned everyone back into stone. It's the only logical explanation to how Terra was revived from stone (that I can muster up anyway).

Like_Clockwork

[10]Jul 28, 2012
    • level: 3

I might give it a chance if they nab back Ron Perlman.

matrex44

[11]Aug 25, 2012

Not too bad. Who knows, this forum might actually have, you know, activity.

Mikhail_M

[12]Sep 12, 2012
    • level: 9

Interesting... I'm not a huge fan of the original's more comedy-oriented episodes, so a larger focus on humor doesn't sound that great, but it's better than no TT at all. Worst that could happen is it's terrible, canceled after only a few episodes, and we'll be back to the status quo (or it's terrible and not canceled for whatever reason, in which case I guess I won't watch it... pretty much the same as the status quo ).

What I really wonder is how many episodes can they make about essentially nothing extraordinary happening... it's fine for a minute-long clip, but to fill 20+ minutes with nothing? Even the original's comedy episodes still involved saving the world, just from really lame villains.

Thanks for the info!

EDIT: By the way, apparently tv.com already has a show page for the new show, according to which, this'll premiere January 7, 2013 (http://www.tv.com/shows/teen-titans-go/).

Edited on 09/12/2012 5:14pm

teenj12

[13]Sep 29, 2012
    • level: 26
    BundyX75 wrote:

DreadAngelus wrote:

The girl didn't just look like Terra . . . she was Terra. There is a ton of evidence to support this, watch it again and listen more closely to some of Terra's word choices. At least at the very end, they make it become kind of obvious. I believe she says exactly "Things were never they way you remembered them Beast Boy", which pretty much proves it's her, along other evidence like lack of Terra's Statue. As for how she got out of the statue life, think back to The End three parter at the end of season four. When Trigon came to Earth he turned everyone into stone, when Raven defeated him, she turned everyone back into stone. It's the only logical explanation to how Terra was revived from stone (that I can muster up anyway).

Most people believe that isn't true, because when Raven defeated Trigon, everything that he turned to stone turned back and Terra was already stone before then.

I like to believe the theory is true, but the counterexample makes sense too.

pokemonmonmon

[14]Oct 24, 2012
    • level: 5

i hear that the new teen titans show will be based of the teen titans go shorts they show on dc nation. those are nice as clips but i definitely dont want it to be a series..... *sigh*

WWinnieF

[15]Jan 5, 2014
    • level: 20
    teenj12 wrote:
    BundyX75 wrote:

DreadAngelus wrote:

Most people believe that isn't true, because when Raven defeated Trigon, everything that he turned to stone turned back and Terra was already stone before then.

I like to believe the theory is true, but the counterexample makes sense too.
    It is Terra. Her return in the final episode is just like the "Terra II" arc in the source comic book.

Blazer_Kid

[16]Jan 15, 2014
    • level: 17

Oh wow it's been a while since I posted here. But to get back on-topic, I've started watching TTG and it's a pretty good show, imo. It would be nice to get a true continuation of the original series--maybe even a remake of sorts--but who knows when or if that'll ever happen.

starfish98

[17]Jan 19, 2014
    • level: 16

Blazer_Kid wrote:

Oh wow it's been a while since I posted here. But to get back on-topic, I've started watching TTG and it's a pretty good show, imo. It would be nice to get a true continuation of the original series--maybe even a remake of sorts--but who knows when or if that'll ever happen.

Probably not, but we can dream, can't we? :-P