Teen Titans Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Teen Titans Costume Ideas

littlespitfire

[1]Oct 11, 2009
    • level: 5

With Halloween coming up, is anyone planning on designing or wearing "Teen Titans" character costumes?

My recent Teen Titans obsession has absolutely compelled me to go as Terra this year, though I'm having horrible trouble designing a battlesuit. Any "Titans" costume ideas, pictures, suggestions?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WWinnieF

[2]Oct 11, 2009
    • level: 20
    Suggestion: Why not just go with Terra's simple "Titan" design? A black long-sleeved shirt with logo, blue pool-like goggles, khali style shorts, and big boots (hiker).

littlespitfire

[3]Oct 11, 2009

These people on the web did a great job!!!!

Comic con masquerade. So cute they made the whole titan team!

(Starfire's...hot??!)

Slade?!!

OMG! how ADORABLE! A little girl a Terra-fan? Sort of disturbing, in a way.

littlespitfire

[4]Oct 11, 2009
    WWinnieF wrote:
    Suggestion: Why not just go with Terra's simple "Titan" design? A black long-sleeved shirt with logo, blue pool-like goggles, khali style shorts, and big boots (hiker).

Well you can see the little girl above did that. But that costume is lame. I want to be the evil, Slade-apprentice Terra, even though its a very unflattering costume.

Once again, im disturbed that that little girl was a Terra fan. What did SHE think of how Terra turned out? I'd have been scarred if I was a Terra fan at such a young age.

WWinnieF

[5]Oct 11, 2009
    Well, she WAS the intended demographic for the series, anyhow. So, really, her opinion matters the most in the eyes of the producing team.

littlespitfire

[6]Oct 11, 2009

WWinnieF wrote:
    Well, she WAS the intended demographic for the series, anyhow. So, really, her opinion matters the most in the eyes of the producing team.

Well, I'm hoping that little girl isn't in therapy right now. I mean, if I was her age and watching Teen Titans, I'd probably love Terra, and then to see her become an evil, sinister character-it would break my psyche. And if I discovered her original comic character was sleeping with Slade, they'd be hauling me off to the mental ward.

Im considering a wig to make my Terra costume look better. I have the Terra look, with blond hair that falls over one eye, but its cut pixie short in back, ruining the effect. Terra NEEDS long hair....

The yellow and black costume is really cheesy, I know a lot of hot girls dressed up in it and the comic con last year, but yellow shorts is not my color.

That battle suit is the most complex, least sexy thing in the world though. I'm giong to have to use a lot of creative liscensing.

Edited on 10/11/2009 6:36pm

WWinnieF

[7]Oct 11, 2009
    littlespitfire wrote:

WWinnieF wrote:

Well, I'm hoping that little girl isn't in therapy right now. I mean, if I was her age and watching Teen Titans, I'd probably love Terra, and then to see her become an evil, sinister character-it would break my psyche.

Not if you have people there to help you through the situation, like parents. Parents can explain to their children why certain things happen, even if they go against the established values set for a culture.
    :
    And if I discovered her original comic character was sleeping with Slade, they'd be hauling me off to the mental ward.
    Well, kids would only have discovered that if they had already broken the rules of most online sites by joining up before they were 13 (an age when most people are thereby old enough to officially have had "the talk" from either their parents or a school's sexual education program). Those who join a site under the age of 13 subject themselves to the consequences of joining up before they're 13, knowing full-well that some sites--like this one--don't limit the type of topics discussed (which means that adult discussions could come up at any time).

jdogrules

[8]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 10
    WWinnieF wrote:
    littlespitfire wrote:

WWinnieF wrote:

Well, I'm hoping that little girl isn't in therapy right now. I mean, if I was her age and watching Teen Titans, I'd probably love Terra, and then to see her become an evil, sinister character-it would break my psyche.

Not if you have people there to help you through the situation, like parents. Parents can explain to their children why certain things happen, even if they go against the established values set for a culture.
    :
    And if I discovered her original comic character was sleeping with Slade, they'd be hauling me off to the mental ward.
    Well, kids would only have discovered that if they had already broken the rules of most online sites by joining up before they were 13 (an age when most people are thereby old enough to officially have had "the talk" from either their parents or a school's sexual education program). Those who join a site under the age of 13 subject themselves to the consequences of joining up before they're 13, knowing full-well that some sites--like this one--don't limit the type of topics discussed (which means that adult discussions could come up at any time).

Thats how i found out about Terra(the real one).Sure i was shocked,but i kinda saw it coming....i learned that the show was a watered down version of the comics for ages 6-12.

WWinnieF

[9]Oct 12, 2009
    The point is...you got to face the consequences the actions you make. ^_^

jdogrules

[10]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 10
    WWinnieF wrote:
    The point is...you got to face the consequences the actions you make. ^_^

Ain`t that the truth!

littlespitfire

[11]Oct 12, 2009
    Speaking of TOPICS, if you recall this one: Titan Halloween costume ideas.

Has anyone dressed up as a Titan character before?

Im about to succumb to the easier Terra costume.

WWinnieF

[12]Oct 12, 2009
    littlespitfire wrote:
    Speaking of TOPICS, if you recall this one: Titan Halloween costume ideas.

Has anyone dressed up as a Titan character before?
    I haven't. Sounds like fun, though.

Obiwan456

[13]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 12
    Im gonna dress up as...... me, on the computer, or maybe playing my PSP. I have never gone Trick or Treating, dressed up as some character for the 31st, or celebrated in any matter. I mean, does anyone know what the originas of the holiday are? Its nothing to celebrate.

WWinnieF

[14]Oct 12, 2009
    It's my favorite holiday, but I am getting to the point where I don't feel like dressing up, even if my dorm has a campus-wide Halloween bash.

Obiwan456

[15]Oct 13, 2009
    My personal favorite is Thanksgiving, followed very closely by 4th of July.

WWinnieF

[16]Oct 13, 2009
    For me, Thanksgiving is just a day for family gathering and gorging yourself on traditional foods, whilst the 4th of July just celebrates America's independance.

theredrobin

[17]Oct 14, 2009

I was all set to be Robin, but the girl's version of his costume--as are most teen chick's Halloween costumes--was, shall we say, less than modest.

I tried it on, and well, I had to let go of that idea. Believe it or not, in reality that shirt is shorter. Much, much shorter. Not too mention it barely resembled the picture. And the eye mask was like a vice. Honestly, you can't move dressed in that without seeing everything.

No one can fight crime in that!

Edited on 10/14/2009 8:31am

WWinnieF

[18]Oct 14, 2009
    theredrobin wrote:

I was all set to be Robin, but the girl's version of his costume--as are most teen chick's Halloween costumes--was, shall we say, less than modest.

I tried it on, and well, I had to let go of that idea. Believe it or not, in reality that shirt is shorter. Much, much shorter. Not too mention it barely resembled the picture. And the eye mask was like a vice. Honestly, you can't move dressed in that without seeing everything.

Well, even in the official sources, the girl Robins wound up being drawn "less than modest".

Obiwan456

[19]Oct 15, 2009
    WWinnieF wrote:
    theredrobin wrote:

Well, even in the official sources, the girl Robins wound up being drawn "less than modest".

You could always have bought a boys and taken some time to make it more feminene.

WWinnieF

[20]Oct 16, 2009
    It's sad that women are still objectified. Even tough women--like Princess Diana, Wonder Woman--are objectified by how they look. As Halloween costumes show, boys and men get the respected roles and get to play hero, whilst girls and women are stuck with subservant roles and scantically-clad "sexy" outfits. I mean, just because they're girls and women, do we have to expose them in every way possible? To that, I point out that whilst we have female clothes that are revealing daily, we only have a small list of revealing male clothes and honestly, obejctifying females is just like we males wondering ourselves if we would like to see Clark, Bruce, Wally, and others in speedos or Chipandale (the male strip show) outfits and the answer is a resounding "NO".