We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Teen Titans Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

"Things Change" FAQ

-Blackstar-

[101]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 8
    Overrated17 wrote:
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    Enough about the smegging pictures already! That was a very minor aspect of "Betrayal" that in the grand scheme of things means/meant next to nothing. The cold hard fact of the matter is that Terra was NEVER going to abandon her new stable life so she could rejoin the Titans. Photos or no photos, Terra was done being a Titan and a villainess.

The Justice League writers would never forget that kind of detail. Hence why Justice League is the better show.

I agree with you that Justice League rocks the planet, but how do you know that the JL writers wouldn't omit such a minor detail? Have you spoken to them? Those photos was a very minor detail, and overall having BB show them to Terra would not have changed what happened in the story in the least. So why even dwell upon it? My point is that "Things Change" was going to end the way it ended, regardless of whether or not Terra saw the pictures, therefore she didn't need to see them. In the grand scheme of things, the photos were meaningless.
    Edited on 02/07/2007 7:31pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

-Silverstar-

[102]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 9
    Overrated17 wrote:
    I've only seen Justice League and not Unlimited.

Consider yourself fortunate. Unlimited, while not without its' moments, dumbed down the JL franchise by adding a bunch of 2nd and 3rd-string heroes into the League (mainly so they'd have more action figures and toys to sell), and offered a notably less adult approach to the storytelling, making it come off at times more like a wacky sitcom than a hardcore action cartoon. (Although again, there were some notable exceptions.)
    Edited on 02/07/2007 7:31pm

Overrated17

[103]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 2

I saw For the Man Who Has Everything.

What a disappointment. I love Superman, but this wasn't very good.  

You know, the best DCAU show in my eyes was STAS. 

Edited on 02/07/2007 7:38pm

Xtroid

[104]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 5
    Overrated17 wrote:

I saw For the Man Who Has Everything.

What a disappointment. I love Superman, but this wasn't very good. 

Why wasn't it any good?

5h4rp13

[105]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 10
    i think it was alright.... the first 2 times i saw it.
    the third through three-hundred ninety-fourth time however...

that seems to be the only JL episode i ever saw, aside from the first episode/movie

wwfpooh

[106]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 20
    Overrated17 wrote:
    Mine would have to be the various Batman incarnations (The Batman out now just to capitalize on the success of Batman Begins and the trail once blazed by Batman: The Animated Series aside):

Batman: The Animated Series

With just Batman, this series was the first major cartoon to make Batman more dark & gritty, as opposed to his tights-wearing 60's incarnation (that's most notable as being played by Adam West, with Burt Ward as a underwear-clad Robin).

The Adventures of Batman & Robin

Done in the same style as B:TAS, this was the cartoon to first take the dynamic duo--of Bruce & Dick, respectively--to new heights, especially once a third team member in Barbra "Batgirl" Gordon was added to the mix.

Batman: Gotham Knights

Once tempers flared between old partners and Dick left to start life anew as Nightwing, Bruce elected to get himself a new ward to aid him in his crime-fighting. Bruce's new protoge came in the form of the young Tim Drake, who would then take up the Robin mantle (only this time, the outfit was red-orange and black, as opposed to the traditional Robin costume that Dick wore).

Andy639_basic

[107]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 11
    Overrated, don't let Blackstar turn you off to Unlimited. I don't know what show he's watching, but it's nothing like he describes it. There are a lot of B and C-String heroes, but the stories they use them to tell are almost universally excellent, and their at least as 'adult' oriented as the original series.

-Silverstar-

[108]Feb 8, 2007
    Andy639_basic wrote:
    Overrated, don't let Blackstar turn you off to Unlimited. I don't know what show he's watching, but it's nothing like he describes it. There are a lot of B and C-String heroes, but the stories they use them to tell are almost universally excellent, and their at least as 'adult' oriented as the original series.

Actually, Andy, I was the one who made the remark about Unlimited, not Black. And I'm not trying to turn anyone off to anything, just stating my opinion as always. I'm not trying to start anything, honestly; I just didn't enjoy Unlimited as much as original JL, that's all.

Overrated17 wrote:

I agree. S:TAS was a good show. Unfortunaely, it was vastly underrated because it had the misfortune to come right after B:TAS, which was truly a tough act to follow.
    Edited on 02/08/2007 5:20am
    Edited 2 total times.

Andy639_basic

[109]Feb 8, 2007
    I understand that; but there's no reason to essentially tell a guy he's lucky for not having seen the series, just because you didn't like it.

-Silverstar-

[110]Feb 8, 2007
    *throws hands up* Fine. Backing off now....
    Edited on 02/08/2007 5:23am

wwfpooh

[111]Feb 8, 2007
    Andy639_basic wrote:
    True, but anything Unlimited (in the case of Justice League) or X (in the case of the Sonic franchise) tends to take away the emphasis behind the core group (in JLU's case--the primary 7 [Superman, Batman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, & Hawkgirl]--and--the main two [the "brotherly" bond between Sonic & Tails]--in Sonic X's case).
    Edited on 02/08/2007 5:25am
    Edited 2 total times.

BTRAV

[112]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 27
    I was going to throw in my two cents, but seeing as how I'm not one of your inner circle I'll probably get burned. I read the whole thing, though. 
    Edited on 02/08/2007 6:20am

wwfpooh

[113]Feb 8, 2007
    BTRAV wrote:
    I was going to throw in my two cents, but seeing as how I'm not one of your inner circle I'll probably get burned.
    Inner circle? Bleh...There is no inner circle.

Andy639_basic

[114]Feb 8, 2007
    BTRAV wrote:
    I was going to throw in my two cents, but seeing as how I'm not one of your inner circle I'll probably get burned. I read the whole thing, though.

No, please go ahead. Debate is the only thing keeping this forum alive now that hthe show is over.

Mikhail_M

[115]Feb 8, 2007
    :
    Inner circle? Bleh...There is no inner circle.

Sure there isn't...

Andy639_basic

[116]Feb 8, 2007
    Unfortuantely, Mik is right. A relatively small group of us pretty much control discussion here.

wwfpooh

[117]Feb 8, 2007
    Andy639_basic wrote:
    Unfortuantely, Mik is right. A relatively small group of us pretty much control discussion here.
    Yeah, but we don't hinder others from their viewpoint.

-Blackstar-

[118]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 8
    Andy639_basic wrote:

I think that I know who's being referred to here. I don't see it as controlling discussion. Merely stating one's own personal opinion about an oft repeated topic.

BTRAV wrote:
    I was going to throw in my two cents, but seeing as how I'm not one of
    your inner circle I'll probably get burned. I read the whole thing,
    though.

"Inner circle"? Come on. Aren't we being just a tad overdramatic? The impression I've been getting lately is that certain members here are displeased by certain other members. Well, part of being on a public forum is that you have to deal with the public. Not just the people who agree with you. I just want to let it be known that I have never once "burned" someone just for having an opinion that's diffeent from my own, and quite frankly, I resent the impication that I have done so in the past.  I can only speak for myself, but I've never been about telling anyone what they can or cannot say. All I do is state my opinions, just like anyone else. How people choose to interpret my approach is strictly up to them. I don't control anyone other than myself. I've never told anyone what they could or could not post, nor have I ever intentionally made anyone feel inferior for saying what they may think. I'm not some overbearing, petty tyrant who never let's anyone else get a word in edgewise. If that's how some people choose to interpret my statements, I can't help that. I don't censor any of you, so kindly offer myself and the rest of this so-called "inner circle" of yours the same courtesy.
    Edited on 02/08/2007 9:27am
    Edited 5 total times.

-Silverstar-

[119]Feb 8, 2007
    I don't feel that this forum has an 'inner circle' who controls all of the discussions here; true, some of us who have been here longer do try to maintain some semblance of order here. I try not to make a nuisance of myself, nor do I try to overstep my boundaries since I'm not a mod or anything, but threads like this were set up specifically to end the non-stop repeats threads on the same subject(s), and then we still have newbies who come on here and don't even show us the common courtesy of reading ahead to see if a subject already exists before making a new redundant one. I'm all for keeping the discussions and debates alive, especially now that there aren't any more new episodes to discuss, but how many times must we answer the same old questions? Maybe I get a little prickly about it sometimes, but it's a 2-way street. Just read ahead before posting. That's not so hard, at least I don't think it is.

And OK, I admit that I was a bit out of line with my remarks about JLU. I hope you're not upset, Andy, because you are correct: I shouldn't potentially influence the minds of people who haven't seen Unlimited yet, and should instead allow others to formulate their own viewpoints. I just assumed that by now, everyone has already seen the entire Justice League series; if I had known that Overrated hadn't yet seen Unlimited, I wouldn't have said anything. I assumed, and we all know what happens when you ASS-U-ME. So I apologize for that.
    Edited on 02/08/2007 9:23am

wwfpooh

[120]Feb 8, 2007
    And I am in the same boat as the Star Bros. when I say that--various degrees of opinion aside--we're all of the same Titan fandom. ^_^ To agree or disagree is one's own interpretation & provocative, but together we're still Titan fans, regardless.