Teen Titans Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

"Things Change" FAQ

-Blackstar-

[121]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 8
    I agree with that completely. If Overrated or anyone else has an issue with me, they should (respectfully) address is directly to me. I've never intentionally made anyone here feel unwelcome.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BTRAV

[122]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 27
    You just get a few of those people floating around who think they're better than everyone else because they've read the comic and others haven't. I'm not accusing anyone in particular here. I've just been chased off this forum and a couple others before because I've never read much of the comics (it's not my fault my mom didn't allow me to read comics other than the newspaper!). That doesn't make me a noob if I've been watching the show the whole time.
    Anyway, IMO, Things Change was a bit anticlimactic but I can see how it was necessary. I laughed the first time when BB made the Brain-freeze joke, but when he repeated it to Terra and she laughed I didn't think it was funny anymore. Terra is free and wants anonymity, but she's just so boring!
    I'm excited about the DTV coming up next year, though a sixth season would've been nice too. XD I just need to record "Hide and Seek" or buy the season 5 DVD, but it's so slow in coming!

Andy639_basic

[123]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 11
    Eh, all I can say about that is, I can see how Terra might be 'boring' in her new version, but that's because, well, it's not about Terra. It's about Beast Boy.

wwfpooh

[125]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 20
    Andy639_basic wrote:
    Eh, all I can say about that is, I can see how Terra might be 'boring' in her new version, but that's because, well, it's not about Terra. It's about Beast Boy.
    That and she not really Terra, the geomancing earth mover anymore. Rather, she's simply Tara Markov, high school student with no recollection of her past exploits.

-Blackstar-

[126]Feb 8, 2007
    Well, as previously stated, the main problem that most fans had with "Things Change" was that they wanted to see Terra come back as a Teen Titan, not as a normal law abiding schoolgirl with no interest in returning to danger, or back to Beast Boy.

Anyway, as chaotic as this forum can get at times, the Animation Forum is worse. First, the rabid anime fans think that they run the joint. If you happen to prefer USAnimation, you can barely get a word in edgewise and you're always going to be outvoted on any poll. Second, while some of the people there are pretty cool, there's one person (I'm not saying his name) who's a major jerk bag. His mouse-like brain can't concieve the fact that not everyone likes a TV show as much as he does. It's because of this fool that I won't be visiting that forum for a while.
    Edited on 02/08/2007 3:23pm
    Edited 2 total times.

wwfpooh

[127]Feb 8, 2007
    With you there. And like you, I shall refrain from using the fool's name.

Lena_Wayne15

[128]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 16
    I do get what the person is saying about an 'inner circler' though. Come on, we refer to ourselves as the verterans a few times and I can see how people would be turned off by it because we've gotten to the point where we can predict eachother's posts, and every once in awhile we jump on someone's back. Sure, the n00b may deserve is at times, but I would be a bit unnerved if I was new here. It hard getting into a new site or forum, especially if there is such a close-knit group or 'inner-circle' who pretty much run the site...

On to 'Things Change', I will admit I was annoyed by this episode at first. The I realized the symbolism behind it, and began to appreciate the story more. It may have been open-ended, but it actually was pretty smart when you think about it.

wwfpooh

[129]Feb 8, 2007
    Lena_Wayne15 wrote:
    I do get what the person is saying about an 'inner circler' though. Come on, we refer to ourselves as the verterans a few times and I can see how people would be turned off by it because we've gotten to the point where we can predict eachother's posts, and every once in awhile we jump on someone's back. Sure, the n00b may deserve is at times, but I would be a bit unnerved if I was new here. It hard getting into a new site or forum, especially if there is such a close-knit group or 'inner-circle' who pretty much run the site...

On to 'Things Change', I will admit I was annoyed by this episode at first. The I realized the symbolism behind it, and began to appreciate the story more. It may have been open-ended, but it actually was pretty smart when you think about it.
    Agreed, and well said.

Andy639_basic

[130]Feb 9, 2007
    I only caught the tail end of it the first time through. I never got to watch the whole thing until after the symbolism was pointed out, so I guess I appreciated it more when I did.

wwfpooh

[131]Feb 9, 2007
    Andy639_basic wrote:
    I only caught the tail end of it the first time through. I never got to watch the whole thing until after the symbolism was pointed out, so I guess I appreciated it more when I did.
    Didn't we all? Well, most of us, that is.

RebelSorceress0

[132]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 3
    Yes I'm a noob and yes i don't know as much as most of you so I ask very naively when Beast Boy and Terra went to their favorite pizza place and Terra started to grow upset was the ice in the glass just a coincidence or was it more? A theory about elemental powers has been floating around.

5h4rp13

[133]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 10
    what about the ice? the theorys probably not worth its salt, terra has earth powers and so does her brother, no signs of any other elemental powers

Andy639_basic

[134]Feb 18, 2007
    I think the ice just moved because she put some kinetic energy into the glass with her hand. There's no mystery there; just physics.

wwfpooh

[135]Feb 20, 2007
    Andy639_basic wrote:
    I think the ice just moved because she put some kinetic energy into the glass with her hand. There's no mystery there; just physics.
    And physics apply to anyone, powers or not.

Fallout_Girl

[136]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 18
    Well, unless they're Anti-Physics Man.

wwfpooh

[137]Feb 27, 2007
    Fallout_Girl wrote:
    Well, unless they're Anti-Physics Man.
    Exception to the rule or the reason for the rule.

wwfpooh

[139]Mar 20, 2007
    chunkfrog wrote:
    Blackstar is a Dumb@ss
    You're asking for trouble, dude.

-Blackstar-

[140]Mar 20, 2007
    wwfpooh wrote:
    chunkfrog wrote:
    Blackstar is a Dumb@ss
    You're asking for trouble, dude.

Did Chunkfrog type that himself, or did he just copy and paste it from other site?