Teen Titans Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

What was season 6 supposed to be about?

meeper22

[1]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 5

Sorry if this was posted already but I haven't read every topic here and there's a lot. I remember with this show that the episode where Terra came back but said she didn't remember Beast Boy wasn't supposed to be the last episode. I read that there was supposed to be a sixth season. Did the staff of this show ever reveal what the sixth season was supposed to be about or say what future episodes might be about?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

syrusfan

[2]Oct 15, 2010
    • level: 38

I haven't heard anything about plans

WWinnieF

[3]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 20
    syrusfan wrote:

They hadn't even really planned a 6th season per se. They just set things up for one before the show was axed.

pepsi_twist2008

[4]Oct 23, 2010
    • level: 10
    They knew 5th season would be the last at least well before the time the final episode was written and went into production and fyi the final episode "Things Change" was not going to set anything up for the next season even if there was one. That was them putting the nail in the Terra coffin for good. As in there was zero chance of her ever rejoining the team in the future because she had moved on.

WWinnieF

[5]Oct 25, 2010
    pepsi_twist2008 wrote:
    They knew 5th season would be the last at least well before the time the final episode was written and went into production and fyi the final episode "Things Change" was not going to set anything up for the next season even if there was one. That was them putting the nail in the Terra coffin for good. As in there was zero chance of her ever rejoining the team in the future because she had moved on.
    And even if she had rejoined, it would've been short-lived ala Terra II (in the comics), anyway. Some writers though, suggested that after The Brotherhood fell apart, its members would work for Slade, in Slade's big comeback. But these were ideas merely being toyed with if the show were picked up for another season after the Terra issue was resolved.

waterlady03

[6]Dec 16, 2010
    • level: 6

I wished they did the 6th season about both Starfire and Blackfire's past. Out of all the Tians,s he was the only one whose connection to her rival/sister wasn't explored. I was disappointed when they axed this show. I think the 6th season would've been very interesting if they had made Starfire's connection to her known. Let there be some epic battle between the sisters with their home planet, Tamaran, in jeopardy of being taken over by the Citadel.

Edited on 12/18/2010 1:34pm

WWinnieF

[7]Dec 17, 2010
    waterlady03 wrote:

I wished they didthe 6th season about both Starfire and Blackfire's past.Out of all the Tians,she was the only one whoseconnection to herrival/sister wasn't explored. I was disappointed when they axed this show. I think the 6th season would've beenvery interesting if they had madeStarfire'sconnection to herknown. Let there be some epic battle between the sisterswith their home planet, Tamaran, in jeopardy of being taken overby the Citadel.

Well, the primary reason for the animosity between the siblings was that whilst both were sold as sex slaves to the Gordanians to keep the "space gekkos" from turning the whole of Tamaran to the Citedal--thus, causing intergalatic war, resulting in Tamaran's implosion--Blackfire was able to manipulate her way out of being a captive whilst letting her heroric sister suffer (Blackfire probably tricked the Gordanians, just like she did the Centauri Police).

theportal

[8]Jun 29, 2011
    • level: 26

WWinnieF wrote:
    syrusfan wrote:

They hadn't even really planned a 6th season per se. They just set things up for one before the show was axed.

Actually, they had. Glen Murakami pitched it, and said it was going to be a bit like 'Teen Titans Unlimited', with the Titans from season 5 being in their own Towers, or something like that. I thought the interview where he reveals this was on the Titans Tower website, but I've just checked and it doesn't seem to be in there (http://www.titanstower.com/source/animated/00indexanimated.html). It's possible that Rob Hoegee mentioned it in that brief live chat with the fans that was done on titansgo.net several years ago.

Edited on 06/29/2011 12:21pm
    Edited 2 total times.

WWinnieF

[9]Jul 7, 2011
    theportal wrote:

WWinnieF wrote:
    syrusfan wrote:

Actually, they had. Glen Murakami pitched it, and said it was going to be a bit like 'Teen Titans Unlimited', with the Titans from season 5 being in their own Towers, or something like that. I thought the interview where he reveals this was on the Titans Tower website, but I've just checked and it doesn't seem to be in there (http://www.titanstower.com/source/animated/00indexanimated.html). It's possible that Rob Hoegee mentioned it in that brief live chat with the fans that was done on titansgo.net several years ago.

Yeah, but as I said, it was only a pitched idea. It never went anywhere.

1stZerkrom

[10]Aug 21, 2012
    • level: 2

Well, if they were going to make plans for a sixth season, they'd have to continue on from the last episode, "Things Change", of season 5 but this time (from my own opinion) introduce a powerful enemy not seen in any comics or magazine strips (where i would call him Crydonite and that he is the master of his own brotherhood, known as the Shadowrin Brotherhood) to make it more explosive and give it a more unique taste to this season, if they are going to produce one that is...

Plus, to make the entire season more juicier, i'd suggest having a more sinister back-plot which theorizes why Terra betrayed our fellow heroes and connecting her alliance with Slade to Crydonite's constant watch over her and the friendship that has developed with his prime targets: the Titans.

Well, that's all i have to say. Give me a notice when you want to know more about what i'm talking about or have any idea on how i've come up with this little idea all on my own.

WWinnieF

[11]Jan 5, 2014
    1stZerkrom wrote:

Well, if they were going to make plans for a sixth season, they'd have to continue on from the last episode, "Things Change", of season 5 but this time (from my own opinion) introduce a powerful enemy not seen in any comics or magazine strips (where i would call him Crydonite and that he is the master of his own brotherhood, known as the Shadowrin Brotherhood) to make it more explosive and give it a more unique taste to this season, if they are going to produce one that is...

Plus, to make the entire season more juicier, i'd suggest having a more sinister back-plot which theorizes why Terra betrayed our fellow heroes and connecting her alliance with Slade to Crydonite's constant watch over her and the friendship that has developed with his prime targets: the Titans.

Well, that's all i have to say. Give me a notice when you want to know more about what i'm talking about or have any idea on how i've come up with this little idea all on my own.

We already know why Terra betrayed the Titans and joined Slade. Four words: "Based. On. Judas. Contract. Comic. Book."