Teen Titans Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Who is Robin's Father.

wolfpirate13

[1]Dec 28, 2009
    • level: 2
    He mentions that he has a father, but as far as I know we never got told dwho his father was. Can someone please tell me. Thx
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

littlespitfire

[2]Dec 30, 2009
    • level: 5
    Um, the Grayson guy is his father. The Flying Graysons

ultimatekey

[3]Dec 30, 2009
    • level: 22
    In that episode when Slade said that he was Robins father or something, Robin says "I already have a father" and bats started flying across the screen. He is making a reference to Batman since he was like a father to him, but its not his real father.

ImNotDarioUAre

[4]Dec 30, 2009
    • level: 11
    Yep, I always had the feeling Robin secretly had a father.

WWinnieF

[5]Jan 3, 2010
    • level: 20
    john grayson was the biological father of young dick (robin/nightwing), but bruce (batman) took him in as his ward & partner after a madman killed the boy's folks...

tweenboy

[6]Jan 3, 2010
    • level: 9
    WWinnieF wrote:
    john grayson was the biological father of young dick (robin/nightwing), but bruce (batman) took him in as his ward & partner after a madman killed the boy's folks...

no wonder robin has/had an obbsession with catching bad guys.

WWinnieF

[7]Jan 4, 2010
    tweenboy wrote:
    WWinnieF wrote:

Yeah his past baggage came with him as Titan leader.

tweenboy

[8]Jan 5, 2010
    WWinnieF wrote:
    tweenboy wrote:
    WWinnieF wrote:

Yeah his past baggage came with him as Titan leader.
    well it made him who he is today and with his friends and allies he can overcome it.Gosh,i sound like an after school special

WWinnieF

[12]Jan 6, 2010
    tweenboy wrote:
    Gosh,i sound like an after school special
    *is reminded of the anti-drug PSA from the 1980's when a myriad of cartoons from that period got together to help a struggling teenager with a drug problem*

Slimer & The Real/Extreme Ghostbusters, ALF Tales, The Bugs & Tweety Show (with Daffy), Alvin & The Chipmunks, The Smurfs, Jim Henson's Muppet Babies, DuckTales, Garfield & Friends, The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) all made contributions. All cartoon characters are copywriten to their respective creators.

What's makes these cartoons all have an odd connection to this forum is that the Titans' 2003-2006 cartoon is based on the comics from the 1980's and some of the aformentioned programs were animated/produced overseas by the Wolf-Swenson branch that worked with Glen Murakami, a head writer for the said 2003-2006 cartoon (ex: The Chipmunks and TMNT). Nor does it help that the Titans themselves had an anti-drug promotion during the 1980's, as well.

Robin/Nightwing (Dick Grayson) was tied in with being Batman's ward in the Adam West series running in re-runs, was a infrequent ally to The Superfriends, and was--along with Batman--marketing a cereal brand at the time, so with all the legal red tape, all of Robin's appearances in the anti-drug campaign were drawn over and The Boy Wonder was replaced with a similar hero, The Protector (supposedly named "Jason Hart" [Jason Todd, perhaps]), before General Mills and the big wigs at DC Comics could change their minds to allow Robin to appear.

tweenboy

[13]Jan 6, 2010
    WWinnieF wrote:
    tweenboy wrote:
    Gosh,i sound like an after school special
    *is reminded of the anti-drug PSA from the 1980's when a myriad of cartoons from that period got together to help a struggling teenager with a drug problem*

Slimer & The Real/Extreme Ghostbusters, ALF Tales, The Bugs & Tweety Show (with Daffy), Alvin & The Chipmunks, The Smurfs, Jim Henson's Muppet Babies, DuckTales, Garfield & Friends, The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) all made contributions. All cartoon characters are copywriten to their respective creators.

What's makes these cartoons all have an odd connection to this forum is that the Titans' 2003-2006 cartoon is based on the comics from the 1980's and some of the aformentioned programs were animated/produced overseas by the Wolf-Swenson branch that worked with Glen Murakami, a head writer for the said 2003-2006 cartoon (ex: The Chipmunks and TMNT). Nor does it help that the Titans themselves had an anti-drug promotion during the 1980's, as well.

Robin/Nightwing (Dick Grayson) was tied in with being Batman's ward in the Adam West series running in re-runs, was a infrequent ally to The Superfriends, and was--along with Batman--marketing a cereal brand at the time, so with all the legal red tape, all of Robin's appearances in the anti-drug campaign were drawn over and The Boy Wonder was replaced with a similar hero, The Protector (supposedly named "Jason Hart" [Jason Todd, perhaps]), before General Mills and the big wigs at DC Comics could change their minds to allow Robin to appear.

"the protecter"!lol,it sounds so cheesy and mistic

WWinnieF

[14]Jan 7, 2010
    It does. Many PSAs during that time were cheesy (and if songs were included, they were catchy and irritatingly bothersome).

tweenboy

[15]Jan 7, 2010
    WWinnieF wrote:
    (and if songs were included, they were catchy and irritatingly bothersome).

Tell me about it!One i saw,had Spider-man and some other hero/s.I thin the FF

WWinnieF

[16]Jan 8, 2010
    tweenboy wrote:
    WWinnieF wrote:

Interesting.

tweenboy

[17]Jan 9, 2010
    WWinnieF wrote:
    tweenboy wrote:
    WWinnieF wrote:

Interesting.

indeed it was intresting,but not without a side of cheese.In the end,the wall crawler shows up just in time to stop the "bullies" and saved the kid,thats when the fantastics showed up and talked to thier son about responcibility.

WWinnieF

[18]Jan 9, 2010
    Most PSAs are cheesy and heavy-handed to impart the lesson.

tweenboy

[19]Jan 9, 2010
    WWinnieF wrote:

yea,there`s always gotta be the moral of the day type thing.

WWinnieF

[20]Jan 10, 2010
    tweenboy wrote:
    WWinnieF wrote:

yea,there`s always gotta be the moral of the day type thing.
    Speaking of, Sonic was to be in the original special, but SEGA declined, opting instead to have the blue blur impart his own words of wisdom through his "Sonic Sez/Says" segment at the end of each episode of AoStH during the week (with SatAM--the darker and more compelling counterpart to the Warner Brothers stylings of AoStH--airing each Saturday).