Teen Titans

Terra

Aired Weekdays 4:30 PM Jan 24, 2004 on Cartoon Network

• Comic Reference

5.2
    In this episode, we meet the ever popular Terra. She was introduced to us in the comics. Not many people liked her, since her powers seemed to be a rip-off of Raven's. But she was, at once, a Titan, nonetheless.

Slade is after Terra, it seems he needs another apprentice. And eventually, soon into the season, Terra will join him. But lets talk about this episode right now.

Terra is running away from a giant scorpion, the Titans find her, she stays at Titans Tower, confiding her secret (she can't control her powers) in BB. She leaves the Tower when Robin finds out that she can't control her powers and is out of sight before any one can say anything.

Story line, not of the best. Personally, I hate it when new Titans are introduced, which we will see more of in season 5. But as for now, with the Terra arc at its beginnings, I sense a fear for the Titans. As many of you may know, she almost destroys them near the end of the Terra arc, which will be seen again in season 5. But this episode was a filler, nothing more. And Terra, a filler character. Not mysterious, not secretive, not funny, not really that romantic either. She was just a filler character, in the comics and in the show.

My rating? An over the top, not really deserved 5.2.