Teen Wolf

Battlefield

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Aug 06, 2012 on MTV - Music Television

• Another fine episode

Battleground had an incredible opening with Stiles narrating to the guidance counsellor whom I believe is related to the vet somehow. It continued from there with a lot of tension and made Grandpa Argent even more evil then Peter was last season. I am so relishing his death next episode, more so then even Peter's death last season. It was not a superb episode because Allison's sudden turn to the dark side seemed contrived, and the two lone wolves from Derrick's pack were made to look way too weak. Yes her mother was killed, but nearly killing two wolves, Erica and Boyd, that had nothing to do with her mother's death seemed out of character for her. SHe played ruthless good I might add, but it just didn't seem proper when comparing this Allison to last season's Allison.

Now on to the good things. I like the back and forth between Isaac and Scott. I don't know what other people think, but Posey's acting has improved over last season, and Isaac has become a more likeable character too. It's good to see the writers are giving his character a chance, and I would hope they do the same for Erica and Boyd in time, if they survive that is. Right now they are just victims to Allison's sudden craziness.

Papa Argent has gone way over the edge and is playing it to the hilt. He was always a little crazy, but this sudden shift beyond has made him one of the most hated characters on the show right now, and he's no longer boring as I was finding him before. As the main antagonist this season, he's even more evil then Peter was last season. Hope CHris see's this. He sure seemed to notice Allison's change in behavior, and didn't like it much.

I also enjoyed the interplay between Derrick and Peter this episode. We were given some more answers and also found out there might just be a cure for Jackson and his Kanima alter ego. Peter has a great sense of humor, and he's a pretty good actor also. I hope he lives into season 3, which I think he will. Don't know what his plan is, probably something bad, but I guess will see.

A fine episode. Outside of the issues with Allison shifting into full out crazy and making the two werewolves she attacked weak, this was a good night of television. The finale is going to be pretty exciting.