A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television
So, just because, I decided to rewatch all of Season 3 this weekend (you know, except for a couple that really only had one or two pieces of info in them, i.e., Visionary, The Girl Who Knew Too Much, Tattoo, Echo House), I was once again reminded of a question I had from Tattoo onward. How on earth did Deucalion hear about any of the possibilities of what Scott could be? Or how did Jennifer know it?

Now, most of the season I was waiting to hear of some sort of prophecy that somehow Scott was fulfilling (see Buffy). But, as the season wore on, and the show in general, it just doesn't seem too prophecy based. Sure, they have their reference materials, but usually those seem more along the lines of recordings, like on Grimm.

That lead me to another thought, Deaton. Now, the only reason he seemed to think Scott could become a True Alpha, or at least what he told Scott, was that Scott was basically a good and responsible kid. As screwed up as his father was with his drinking and everything, if Deaton knew Scott's parents, they are basically two good people who dedicated themselves to helping people professions. All of that seems reasonable for Deaton to think, hey, if anyone has the basic make up to become a True Alpha, its this kid who is a good little worker for me (I mean, seriously, that has to be the cleanest vet's office anywhere and as Deaton is very rarely there, Scott does most of that). But that doesn't answer the question of how anyone else knew.

I mean, sure, he might have shared his thoughts with his sister, but he also had to know she was obligated to Deucalion at that point and even though she would act against him, she wouldn't hide things from him. And Deaton knew that Deucalion had lost it after he was blinded by Gerard. So, I have doubts he would have told her. But even if he did, how did Jennifer know? I might be willing to go with, how on earth did Noshiko just know that Scott was a wolf because Kira never told her, but whatever, kitsune's that old can see a lot and the Darach might have similar abilities. But I will get to that point in a second.

So, here is my thinking...I think Deaton must have some other druid friends. But, he might not trust them anymore.

And Scott, I know you were in the hurry the hell up Noshiko in your story, but did you have any inclination to say, well, I am a bitten wolf...
Comments (9)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
You know which unanswered question has been haunting me?

What happened to Scott's levitation powers?! We clearly saw him levitate in the intro sequence. Come on now!
Flag
I have no theories right now but there are so many questions I have about the show (and the list of questions has been adding up since season 1) :P Its fun to have a little (or a lot!) of mystery but I hope they answer some of these questions.
Flag
I find that there are unanswered questions in every season of Teen Wolf, which isn't that bad a thing. How Deucalion knew is one, also what happened to Harris the teacher, his body was never recovered and he tried begging for his life. How did Allison get that voicemail about the internment camps? Things I'd love to know bt can let slide.
Flag
Or really other than just a cool bottle episode, what was the point of Motel California? Jennifer never listed the werewolves as sacrifices she needed to make, and I know she had a unspoken other goal (indicated when she was talking to the parents) of eliminating the werewolves altogether, it seemed sort of strange to do it then. Was it to eliminate the ability for Derek to be able to join the Alpha Pack? Was it just to get them out of the way?

I just presumed since by the time Harris was dead, they were already moving onto the other sacrifice group where some of our main characters (Melissa and Deaton) to be at risk that they eventually found him. But who knows? They might not have found his body yet and Lydia (who is the only one who has mentioned him in the second half of 3B) just knows he was one of the victims in the warrior class and that Jennifer moved on, she just presumed.

I don' t know and hadn't thought about the voicemail at all. Even though he lied to Allison and Isaac about it, I suspect Mr. Yakimura did it just to get Scott et al onto the case's correct path and still lied to A & I because of the reason he told Scott. The Argent family legacy in regard to the supernatural being violence (he sort of said it as an aside in the Fox and the Wolf).
More +
Flag
Well, I'm not convinced Jennifer the Darach cared all that much about Scott until he wrapped himself up in her own plans. It became important for her, but it didn't seem instrumental originally, especially his being a true alpha.

As for Deucalion, I think Ms. Morell is the wildcard you didn't really consider much. She's in some kind of league with Deucalion—his druid perhaps, as Jennifer was for Kali and Deaton was for Talia/is for Scott—and has weird access to him through the school as "guidance counselor," which still seems one of Teen Wolf's more laughable plot conveniences. And then there's the other lady who rescued Isaac at the beginning of Season 3A and Peter and Derek at the beginning of 3B. Whether or not Deaton is commiserating with them is largely irrelevant, since they each should have comparable background, education and skills to draw the same conclusions he did.

Whatever the reason, because Deucalion orchestrated the rescue of the Hales from the non-Argent hunters, I suspect we haven't seen the end of him. Perhaps we'll get a fuller explanation for how Scott wound up on his radar.
Flag
Well Morrell is Deaton's sister who I thought might have been the person he shared his theory with but maybe not because of her connection to Deucalion.
Scott was working at the clinic before he was bitten and Deaton was totally pushing his knowledge and identity as a Druid for the previous ten years that once he figured out Scott was bitten that is how he started thinking. And I guess he probably knew Scott was bitten because he saw clean but used bandages in his human bathroom, the kid wouldn't deal with the cats anymore and Deaton probably saw Derek lurking.
Flag
Huh. I had forgotten about that. They haven't really given us much backstory of the nature of Alphas. Maybe it will come up in S4? Will we be surprised if Deucalion shows back up as well? :)
Flag
I hope it does basically because I think the Benefactor and Kate are kind of the distractor bad guys for the season (like in Season 1, all concerned about the Alpha in season one, but the real issue was the drama behind the Hales and the Argents, Season 2, everyone all worried about Matt and the Kanima when Gerard was the real worry, Season 3A everyone all concerned about the Alphas and then the Darach, but it was really the battle between the two, so it was kind of like season 1). I read somewhere that they are taking this back to basics (werewolves v. hunters) even if the whole season has an Empire Strikes Back influence and this would make sense with the younger cast being introduced because..well, look at them, especially the kid playing Liam. He clearly is another long lost Hale. But giving him some background information and maybe him being clever enough to think of questions like this that he just outright asks Deaton or Peter.

I think Deucalion will show back up at some point, while I doubt he will return to who he was pre Gerard blinding him (which really was basically just a variation of the type of Alpha that Scott is) but sort of a compromise between the two. I could see him seeing perhaps the wisdom of reestablishing the Pack sort of Nato group that existed when Talia was alive and I would think that the first to recruit for him would be Derek and Scott. Basically because they have the pack he would have wanted when he was younger plus the interesting phenomenon of not just werewolves, but a banshee, a kitsune, a werecoyote and humans (I doubt humans are totally unusual since Derek once mentioned that not everyone in his family were werewolves). But, I don't know when. I might think that has more to do with Gideon Emery's schedule and then even possibly Charlie Carver's schedule because Ethan might not find being an Omega or even a Beta on his own that fun and at least hooking up with a reformed Deucalion would give him the Demon Wolf as protection.
More +
Flag
Follow this Show
Members