A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television
So, I realized I only sort of knew some miscellaneous things about jaguars. I decided to do a quick google search, and this was one of the first lines in the wikipedia entries:

The jaguar is largely a solitary, opportunistic, stalk-and-ambush predator at the top of the food chain (an apex predator).

Um, that totally sounds like the Kate Argent we met first season.

Then there is this:

The jaguar can take virtually any terrestrial or riparian vertebrate found in Central or South America, with a preference for large prey. The jaguar is more of a dietary generalist than its Old World cousins: the American tropics have a high diversity of small animals but relatively low populations and diversity of the large ungulates which this genus favors.[49] They regularly take adult caimans,[50] deer, capybaras, tapirs, peccaries, dogs, foxes, and sometimes even anacondas.

So, now I am worried about Kira not being quite so invincible (and Kate, you might have been helpful this past season...). And can't help but remember that Malia, who I hope maintains her reference to thing that a human shouldn't know and just not know it is inappropriate, did mention off hand she spent a lot of time running from cougars. Jaguars = cougars. I know Kate doesn't have a pride and probably doesn't want one, but, eek.
Comments (10)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Btw, does someone else think that this revelation (Kate being a (yet another one) magical criature) has something to do with Allison having hallucinations only with her?
Flag
Well, I always had been thinking it was the evil spirit (here the Nogistune) testing the limits of all three of them looking for weaknesses. Both Scott and Allison's had to do with fear of what and who they could become, Scott = Peter and Allison = Kate. But both had external things that helped them focus on that they are more than them and that Scott had to accept who he was and Allison had to make a choice to save someone (Malia). Stiles were a lot more internal and one of them, his mother's disease, was one that he didn't have any control over and his decisions wouldn't control.

I doubt Kate will have any abilities that are tremendously different than a werewolf, maybe a couple of things that are different based on the shape of her shifted creature (ie, the whole getting power from the pack thing that wolves need, a jaguar doesn't need that to get to her full strength).
Flag
from what we know about alphas do you think that Kate is one given the power after Derek healed Cora passed on to her and that's how she is alive
Flag
Nope, I've become convinced that was one of those things that seemed to have more meaning than actually did. I think the entirety of his power was given to Cora to enable her to heal and then it was gone.

Apparently Jeff Davis was careful, and if you look at it, it makes sense, in the first season finale that her throat did not appear to be ripped out and if you remember Scott's wound from then, it was pretty nasty at first and it was sometime the next day that he discovered it had healed entirely. Jackson's seemed to take longer. So, I imagine when the Sheriff came in and discovered her body, she wasn't bleeding any longer and probably her body disappeared sometime between the old Hale house and the funeral home.

Also, if you think about it, season 2 maybe started two weeks after the end of season one and then at least two months passed during the course of season 2 (I recall at least two full moons, Scott's when he still thought he had to lock himself up at Isaac's house which was Isaac's first, and then I think the party, which was in March, which was Erica and Boyd's first), and then four months passed between the end of season two and the beginning of season 3. I am unclear how much time passed in 3A, but I think at least three full moons (it was a full moon on the first episode), there was one that took place when Boyd and Cora fled from the bank vault, and the Darach was taking advantage of one in the 3a finale. Scott made reference to Kira that all the events of 3a took place a few weeks before the events of Silverfinger of 3b, which was like episode 5. I think the longest period of time between episodes likely took place before Echo House. What this is a long winded way of saying is that about six months passed between when Kate was scratched by Peter and when Derek healed Cora, I think she would have had to be a shapeshifter to have healed enough to just survive that injury long before then. Plus, the hunters seemed really angry and having been after the she wolf for some time when they captured Derek and Peter and it hadn't been that long since Derek healed Cora.
More +
Flag
Wow, that was such a chronology analysis O_O

So she had to be a shapeshifter/have the jaguar-ness in her body before Peter ripped her throat up, right?
Flag
No, the scratch itself gave her the...condition of lycanthrophy. I don't know if we ever established it is a disease or something, Stiles and Scott had a mention of it in the pilot but then its all been blessing or a curse since then. I reread my last second to last sentence and I really have to break the habit of using the conditional sense.

My long winded responses generally come from my work computer, but I bought a lap top last week and now have my first home computer in years.
Flag
Oh, you're right! Even Derek did mention it on the season finale! I had forgotten it already. Thank you! And probably it wasn't your expression choice's fault, but my mental translation of English xD
Flag
jaguar is NOT = to cougars. please... next you'll argue that my kitty = Kate Argent.
Flag
My cat (who should be my profile picture but I don't know what happened to it) well I would be worried if she turned into a human. She likes me but she's kind of Scotty.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    The Bachelorette
    NEW
    ABC
  • 10:00 pm
    Mistresses Blurred Lines
    NEW