A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

First of all, thanks to lifeofpi for bringing out many unnoticed and curious tidbits which could be major clues and hints for the future episodes.

So without further a due, coming to the startling points:

Triskelion - An artful tatto on Derek's back. The website linked below states that this motif/logo means, "Blessed by Druids"

Curiously, this motif is the brand logo for this website - Order of WhiteOak.

The surname of Derek, Peter and Cora (The living members) is - Hale. It is stated that it is Old English (in which it means "Hero") or Old Saxon (in which it is "Hollow")

So here're my theories:-

1. Werewolfismin TW isn't a curse. It was a blessing endowed upon the Old Hale ancestors by druids in some distant past in Britain/Ireland/Albion (you pick!). May be the Hales are druids themselves. Peter knows it and hence his shady and unclear motivations. Derek was too young to remember... but he has the Triskelion tattoo on the middle of the back (given how werewolf gets a tattoo [cue-burning flame]), he must've got that by his elder family member. Cora was missing for few years (perhaps she was practicing the druid rituals and somehow got dark? But then Derek had the idea for 'Kanima Lore'. Maybe he too is aware of his druid ancestry.
  2. Argents, as evident by their surname might be frenemies with Hales long back (who knows, maybe even during the age of Druids... it is interesting that Argent has French affinities whereas Hale has old English!). The hatred and refusal to be a "Were" might stem from some different opinion or conflict rooting in Druid ritual.
  3. Peter might be using the ritual to resurrect the Hale family (It would be boring if he turns out to be villain again... I like him gray more). 8 members of the family died... 8 hands in the opening sequence, Courtesy lifofpi. OR... or Cora is the Dark druid... trying to resurrect her dead relatives.
  4. Deucalion is an old dude, related to the Hales (Grandpa Hale? LOL We already have an Grandpa Argent, who basically is a nut. Can we swallow another one?). Perhaps he wants powers of Hale's Main bloodline, by some elaborated schemes.
  5. Scott. I've got nothing... please be my guest and shoot your theories. JD said somewhere that there would be some highlight on Scott's father!
  6. The Vet, Dr. Deaton is a member of the Order of Druids. (Wait, I wrote so much above, I don't want to rectify so I will add here... are Hales some kind of Royalty... and Deaton/his ancestors served Hales? (Deaton to Derek - I promised your mother I will look after you!)
  7. I still insist. Lydia is a Demi-goddess. Perhaps Morganna? (In all seriousness, she could be druid too)
  8. Ms Morell might be helping Deucalion to stop Darach's resurrection... Oh wait! A terrible idea came to my mind. LOL. What if, the opening sequence is not Peter/Derek reaching out to their dead relatives but Darach (some other Hale ancestor or relative) using them to be, I don't know... A Druid Wolf or something? Considering that 8 members, adding Derek to that it would be 3 which in itself is 3 fold 3.
  9. I have zilch idea about Jennifer Blake. So! Spit it out.

So what do you guys think now! ;D

Comments (34)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
So it's sealed now. Ms Jennifer is Darach!!! Somehow!
Flag
What about papa argent? he is very knowledgable about the druids. He has everything tracked and there has to be a reason for it. Maybe he's looking for a way to bring back his dead wife and others?
Flag
I think Lydia herself might actually be a druid. Not Darach, but a druid. She seems to have a connection with werewolves, despite her knowing about it, and we just learned that druids are apparently a big part of werewolf packs. Not to mention, her mystical powers.
Let's see, she revived Peter, she has the ability to find dead bodies, she hallucinates like crazy with visions that actually have some relevance to their goals, and she's very intelligent. The latter means she probably knows more than her stupid, ditzy, whored-up persona might otherwise tell people.

The Darach might not even be a character introduced yet. The Darach is shrouded in so much mystery, I don't even know where to begin. Deuchalion himself might be Darach for all I know. I mean, he did say senseless killing is beneath him; but the Darach's murder spree, techinically, has a purpose since it follows a pattern. Which means that, the murders he is committing is only done with human tools to cover his werewolf nature (he's crafty like that).
Flag
I had this same thought after the revelation of Druids wrt Wolf Clan. I had this assumption that Hales might be Were Roayalty and that Deaton served for all things "Druid". But since they Cannoned that every pack has a Druid, I'm guessing Lydia will be Scott's personal druid. Imagine, Scott would go on to make a perfect pack. Himself an Alpha, Lydia a Druid, Allison a Hunter, Isaac a powerful beta, Stiles a human ally (Perhaps later on legal matters?), Derek (Anti-Hero). A perfect set up (Though it's my personal opinion.

Darach could very well be Talia, Derek's mother. I dare but fear that it could be plausible if not possible.
Flag
I think the Darach is Gerard and he is trying to cure himself.
Flag
The Darach could be Cora, the Darach looks like someone who was burnt alive. Cora was part of the Hale's household, so she may have been home when the fire broke out. She disappeared for 6 years, no one knew she was even alive. She hasn't said where she was all this time and who she was with. Maybe she's sacrificing humans to resurrect the remaining Hale family. Or maybe she working with the Alpha pack - I just don't trust her.

I don't think it Peter, I believe he has his own agenda but not to resurrect the dead Hales. Peter is just waiting on the right moment to slash Derek's throat and become an Alpha again. Peter is definitely not contented to be just a Beta.

I apologized for bad spelling and grammar errors - blame it on the lack of an Edit button.
Flag
Edit option really is a pain in...! But basically yes and yes. Agreeable points said you have. :D And FYI I do not run an English class, so it can be overlooked. I too am non-native English speaker and do make gigantic mistakes. So I too must apologize in return :P
Flag
Darach sounds freakishly similar to Derek. Just sayin'...
Flag
But I highly doubt Jeff would make it so obvious, but then shows have been blunt and "in your face" before. :P
Flag
Tru dat!
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Oh and I just thought I would add this bit on the end, just to mix things up a bit.

Blake is old English and can mean - Black or White.
Flag
Now I'm seriously thinking... what if Derek Hale is really some kind of Celtic Royalty... Blake is his queen?

And could it be that she will also fall like Guinevere but ultimately get her salvation? :D
Flag
Who know, but it is interesting that Jeff has given her this name, one with Celtic ancestry.
Flag
Hi lifeofpi, for some reason I can't reply to your post so I'm putting it up here. I don't know if you have seen the clip released at Comic Con or not, but there is something on there that has made me think that Blake is definitely behind the sacrifices. I don't want to say too much as it could be an inadvertent spoiler, but it has to do with a shot of Lydia. Whether or not that makes her the Darach or not, I don't know, are they one and the same, or are the sacrifices summoning the other creature. I guess we will find out soon enough. Also regarding Blake there have been other things that have reinforced my suspicions that she is the bad guy, such as Tyler H has been forbidden to discuss Derek's love interest, in the interview with him and Dylan, they just laughed and made 'spooky' noises. I've suspected her since episode 1, in a way I hope I'm wrong, at least I will be surprised then.
Flag
Yeah, we all know or think that she is something more. And judging by Derek's past experience in love we think she's evil. But IMO, I don't think she is the Darach. She could be the murderer like many people have guessed. That could explain why she was in school so early(or late).

We all knew that Gerard was alive. Maybe Gerard is the murderer, but for me that is the same that happened in Season 1 with Peter. In the comments many people said that probably he is making sacrifices for gain health.
Stiles said that is something they have lived before, probably apply in the same way with Gerard.

Have been sacrificed: virgins, warriors and healers(two). The total of sacrifices have to be 12. The next probably are the philosophers like Deaton said. In this area I was thinking in Ms. Morrel (guidance counselor) and Ms. Blake (teacher) like possible targets. However, they are suspects of being the murderer also.OMG, that list never decrease. hahaha. Otherwise, I think is increasing!!!!!!

Flag
Read this on Tumblr that someone posted. JD knows what he is doing.

The triskelion’s a Celtic symbol, a druid symbol that means “three legs". It clearly appears that the triskele refers to the number 3. An important number in all traditions and even more signigicant in the Celtic tradition.
Why? You might ask..

The trisklele ilustration is draw by only three colours. White, red and yellow.

• WHITE: A priest. a divine person, a pure person. A virgin.
  • RED: A warrior. Resorted to defend society in war or with magic.
  • YELLOW: A hand-crafter. A person who works for the abundance within the society.
Also, as I mentioned in my previous meta, archeological records reveal a number of sacrificial deaths, such as in "Triple-deaths", A.K.A each one has triple deaths.
3 virgins. 3 warriors, 3 hand-crafters.

Obviously the triskelion is important to the plot because it’s in the opening:Derek’s tattoo also means “Blessed by druids" or something among those line

Flag
I thought the triskel represented thre of the most important elements: air fire and water, or the holy trinity: father, son and holy spirit
Flag
These kinda symbols always get multiple meanings through time and the 'original' one usually gets lost/debated
Flag
edit: usually they already start of with multiple layers of meanings, especially when it's a spiritual symbol (which they almost always are)
Flag
So, who are the ones that works for the abundance within the society? If abundance is intended not in a too strict way (and I think that's the case, because Harris was hardly a warrior) I would pick Mama McCall, Papa Stilinski and Miss Blake!
Flag
Egh! I made a mistake in the article and edit option is broken...
Mistake: Point 8. "... it would be 9, which in itself is 3 fold 3"
Flag
Nice overview of a lot of the theories going around in the comments. Thanks!
Flag
Thank you. Please post your views and ideas too. :)
Flag
The problem I see with this theory is that they would have to have chosen these names for this specific storyline three seasons ago when the show started and at that time they didn't even know that they would get a second season much less a third, so the idea that they would be picking names to create this mythology seems a bit remote to me. No, it's not impossible, they might have been working with foresight. But generally on shows like this they develop the storylines just prior to each season. If they're planning one overarching storyline, that usually starts showing up in the first season.
Flag
Yeah, I agree with you. Though it is much more sensible to say that each season arched before it's renewal... I think they possibly had few tidbits on the back of their heads. I still like to think that they chose the Irish/Saxon/English lore as the backbone of the wereism rather than more predominant European lores. :) And thanks for your reply :)
Flag
Okay, to preface, I am also coming at this through some conversations with lifeofpi and also perusing the website offthepreserve.com which goes way deep into research and also some basic knowledge of my own Irish heritage.

My thinking has been that the Argents and the Hales go back to, well, that time that Alison was reading about in the first season. And that they were both hunters of the supernatural, but at some point, the Hales became werewolves. And I suspect that while you had the Argents, there were other people they brought into their group that weren't Argents, but that the Argents became a school of thought on hunters...more on that in a moment. I have a suspicion it might be a result of a run in with the Druids (sort of a take on the Lyancos tale) so maybe the Hales (and like the Argents, some of their off shoots) got this werewolf thing going. Whether a curse or blessing, I think it initially was a curse but they managed to make it into a, well, not a blessing. But kind of like a gun, it itself is not bad, it is the person using it. Now, I suspect they had help in doing this which brings me to what I am calling the Morrell family (because I suspect Deaton is the actual fake name). I think of them as an off shoot or a break away group from the Argents (French name and all) who maybe didn't agree with the Argents, maybe Deaton and his sister made their decision all on their own or whatever, but they decided to help with the Hales. They are likely druids, or come from druid stock and perhaps helped teach control and how not to be a werewolf like Peter was first season or the Beast of whatever the Argents were fighting. There are some holes in this I know.

I think the Darach is one of two things. One, is a member of another sort of family that maybe just hates the supernatural and has seen what has been happening in Beacon Hills over the last little while and are trying to stave it off (the Lindow man is suggested to have been sacrificed to stem the Roman invasion) and Darach himself is just a crazy person of this group. Also, Darach is actually a boy's name, not a popular one and it does mean Dark Oak and I think a more common spelling is Derrit. On this theory, I think one Melissa McCall and her family a part of this group and one Scott's father might actually be a Hale himself and they had some sort of star crossed lovers story, but more than werewolfism tore them apart but maybe Scott's father has another family that Melissa learned he abandoned (maybe a daughter and a son and a pregnant wife). My second theory is that this is either Lydia or Cora, with Lydia, its not really here but some sort of twisted doppelganger that formed after she didn't die or turn from the bite nature needed a balance and that is why she is so connected. Or Cora, just because she is weirdly missing at times, she is small enough to fit under a dumpster, she is suspicious and I don't trust her. And the last two episodes of this stretch are all about curing Cora or trying to save her.

Its possible Cora is also a beta of the werewolf pack. I don't know who exactly Motorcycle Girl was (Boyd's sister is my guess) but she somehow is involved with the Alphas, or maybe even a member of a Morrell type family group.

Lydia, I have no earthly idea. There are a lot of female Celtic deities and there are a lot...I don't know, the banshee thing is sounding more possible to me. I know, I know there are other possibilities. But what I do think is she has an important role in Scott's pack and I think Scott's wolf recognizes her as pack.

Deucalion, I have no idea what his end goal is. I also don't know if that is his name or a title. I still think this particular guy is the best friend Chris Argent talked about. Whether he is the same guy who bit Alex Argent 36 years ago, I'm not sure. I don't know why it never crossed any of the other Alpha pack members why he wouldn't just do the same thing to them that he did to his pack. I also don't know if whatever he heard about Scott is a real prophecy or some sort of bullshit fed to him by Gerard in an effort to obtain vengeance against Scott and Derek.
Maybe he is super old. I think personally he is just a psychopath.

I am almost positive Scott's father is supernatural and that Melissa knows it. What he is, there is my theory from above. My more rational theory is whatever he is, it probably isn't a shapeshifter or anything real obvious, I am going to guess that he could possibly be the main guy on the FBI task force that is coming around sometime soon.

I seem to share a wardrobe with Jennifer Blake so I tend to be a defender of her...I am going to guess her true purpose is to give Derek something in his life that Scott can point to and say stop giving me crap about Alison. Then she will likely be a person who they can put in danger a lot.

Those are my guesses....

More+
Flag
Starting with the belief that the Darach is someone that is dead the options are:
1- someone from the Hale Family
2- Victoria Argent
3- Kate Argent
4- Alexander Argent

In the list I do not mention Matt because JD said in an interview that he is really dead.
Kate Argent is a good candidate because she had a great hate toward werewolves and she burned an entire family. The other option is someone from the Hale family.
Flag
Very Cool. Thanks for the inputs :)
Flag
Totally love the theory about the Hale-Argent ancestry! About Deucalion, could it be some connection to the greek Deucalion (I don't see any connection there...)?
Flag
I thought about that too... but I guess, other than the name "Deucalion" there seems to be no connection. But they could go for a greek mythology connection. Old English-Old Greek nice contrast! And thanks for your kind reply. :)
Flag
I guess after last episode the connection has been made! Still, I've never heard that version of the myth...
Flag
Yeah... I kind of guessed but kept quite. But this show has a knack to surprise us even further... + I loved Talia Hale. (She's the Queen Cat/Lion from Nine Lives right?) I would really be surprised if she is Darach (Motive!) BTW Peter isn't white either, with that manipulative story... my my!
Flag
If they do that, it would be a very interesting connection! In my high school-knowledge of history, there is none, but who knows...
And thank you for this very well done topic, I'd read your comments before, but this is much clearer :D
Flag
Thanks for your kind reply :)
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    People's List
    NEW
    ABC
  • 9:00 pm
    20/20: In an Instant Murder in the Maternity Ward
    NEW