A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television
Derek clearly isn't a Alpha anymore. Cora didn't appear to be a Alpha either. I don't think the power can just be erased like that. It's dumb to bring Derek down if Peter didn't benefit from it. The ending season 3.1 Peter screaming he was always the Alpha. I wasn't sure if it was ego trip he was going on or if he really took his power back from Derek. Peter has been planning this since he came back from the grave. We all suspected he was planning something this season.

He didn't know Scott was coming into a True Alpha (seemingly), so it makes me think his plan was taking the power back from Derek or one of the other Alphas. He killed Blake for a reason. I don't know if he stole her power, but killing Blake seems pointless unless it serves him some kind of way. Has been faking all this time on not being recovered yet and can actually fully wolf out? Is he going to kill Scott to take his True Alpha power? Why did he want Derek and Cora gone? Is it to weaken Scott? I can't wait for January.
Comments (42)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I have a feeling that derek either drained it and if needs to recharge with time or he took a step forward to becoming a true alpha and being able to fully shift like his mother.
Flag
Peter can do whatever but he's never going to take Scott's Alpha Status, maybe one of the twins.
Flag
my only one true question is... what is up with scott's jaw!? did he get punched in the face and his jaw never healed right?! anyways, good show! cant wait for next jaw... I mean season.
Flag
I agree that Peter killed Ms. Blake because he knew she'd cause problems for him in the future.

As for Peter stealing the Alpha!powers from Derek, there's an interview with Jeff Davis where he says that Peter yelling he's 'always been the alpha' is all in his own mind...but that maybe (just maybe) he may try to steal Scotts. Also, on the assumption that Peter knew nothing about Scott actually becoming the True Alpha...I think he knew. Peter is always a few steps ahead of everyone and has a hidden agenda. He probably knew that in order to defeat the Darach, Scott would need to become an Alpha.

Oh and Derek will be back. According to Jeff Davis, he's on a special mission and will be back.

Check it out: http://tyler-hoechlin.net/2013/08/20/jeff-davis-answers-some-burning-questions-about-season-3b/
Flag
I'm glad someone brought this up as it was bugging me. I thought maybe I had misread the scene but I saw Peter as having regained his alpha status despite the fact he hadn't killed Derek. The way he was leading Derek on to heal his sister did seem to be self motivated.

That gloriously campy scene where he screams that "I've always been an alpha" was beautiful though and designed to keep us guessing. Roll on January! I was so glad to hear that I don't have to wait a year to see 3B.
Flag
With characters like Peter Hale one can never be certain of anything but i think he stole the power from Derek.
Flag
Several theories. I think Peter killed Blake because he knew she would be a problem later on. Obviously, she became a big problem for Deuchalion's pack, and now that she knows Scott and Derek are against her, he fears that she will interfere with his plans by going after Scott/ Derek.

I think Peter is the new alpha. I think it's pretty stupid if the alpha powers just "disappear" without a trace from someone. Then again, if Derek and Cora don't have an Alpha then, technically, they're omegas since they have no pack leader.

I think Peter is legitimately weak when he first started out in Season 3. Why? because when he fought the twunks, he was clearly no match for them even after he resorted to using "performance enhancers". Besides, what benefit would he get from losing to the twunks? It would've just made it easier for him, Derek, and Cora to escape if he truly had the power to beat them.

I don't think Peter can take Scott's "True Alpha" status, but he will simply become a plain Alpha. Deaton himself said that a "True Alpha" only comes on very rare occasions by chance. But, I think Peter truly is hell bent on getting his alpha status back by taking it from Scott.

My theory is that Peter wanted Derek and Cora gone so he can start fresh without Derek or Cora's judgement hindering him. He's probably going to make a new pack or join a new one to make himself stronger.
More+
Flag
I'm still confused about this. He's Peter so he might have killed her because he found her annoying. He might have also gotten some power from it. Peter really is one of those guys that has a reason for what he does so... I'm sure we'll find out sometime.
Flag
I was like, does this count as another sacrifice (the final one) at the menaton?
Flag
It also seems possible that Peter just finished off the job that Ms Blake carried out. She took Deucalion`s power after she healed him since there was no longer a sign that he had his THE ALPHA power so I'm guessing that Peter took that from Blake which now makes him what Deucalion was. Killing Blake now makes sense if you put it that way don't you think?
Flag
Hmm I think Deucalion is still an alpha...she didn't take his power..she just gave him his sight back. Which drained her long enough for the eclipse to be over..

He doesn't need to show his red eyes all the time now that he can see...
Flag
Staff
Fantastic post! Staff loved it so much they promoted it to the homepage. Keep up the great work :)
Flag
I don't know if killing Blake served any real purpose for him. I think he just wanted to finish her off because he didn't want to have to deal with her anymore. I think his plan was originally to steal it back from Derek at some point, but then he learned that Scott would be a true alpha and is going to try to steal that, be it through killing him or some other whodoo whatever.
Flag
This is my wondering too. I took it as a sign inthe overlooked that he was actually strong enough to contemplate fighting and put a plan in motion. Since o believe we went back in time to see him kill Jennifer I suspect he didn't know until she told him that now Scott was an Alpha. I rewatched the episode befor and Peter is wearing a necklace and we knew he was back to his manipulating Derek thing so I wonder if when Derek released his Alpha power that Peter useda talisman to grab it himself but he needed to still draw blood. And really isn't like Peter to kill the bad guy so he can spin it later.

I actually don't think his plan is to kill Scott. Basically I think if he still needed to kill an Alpha that Deucalion and the twins might be better options. I thinknof anyone Peter would respect I his twisted way the concept of balance and there are probably really serious consequences to trying and stealing a power like Scott's. What I do wonder though is if Peter is an Alpha...what impact does that have on Scott because Peter is his. Another argument that Peter might already have an Alpha status...he seemed to be able to direct Lydia...
More+
Flag
I'm still not sure about this. Maybe the power did go into Cora, but she didn't have enough life force of her own at that moment to make her a beta, even, so it just sort of... topped her up.

But Derek did kill Boyd (albeit against his will), which gave him a power boost. Maybe he still has a bit of alpha spark because of that. (Idk, I'm making stuff up).

I think that part of the reason Peter manipulated Derek into giving up his alpha status and leaving town with Cora was because
a) he wanted a power vacuum in the pack (which Scott has stepped into)
b) to get them out of the way. He seemed genuinely concerned about Cora when she was dying and there were no witnesses (except the camera). It's possible that he really doesn't want to hurt his family. Admittedly, it's Peter Hale, so that was probably a lie too.

If you think about it, though, he's probably had a dozen chances to kill Derek since he came back, but he chose not to. If he hasn't inherited the alpha spark after Derek gave it away then it's possible he convinced Derek to give it up so that he wouldn't have to kill him. He was presumably waiting until the alpha pack stuff was over, because he didn't want to have to fight the DEMON WOLF, and when he saw that coming to a close he took a chance to take Derek out of the equation without killing him. Derek was never going to leave Beacon Hills while he was the alpha. He takes his responsibilities to the pack too seriously and he'd be convinced that he still had a chance against Kali. Bringing him down to beta status was pretty much the only way to get him to leave.

As for his claims, I think it was mostly ego trip.

He did kill her on the Nemeton - which is a sacrifice. Maybe he can gain power from that.
More+
Flag
I think Peter has always loved his family. He killed Laura in a crazy psycho I'm still recovering from being burned alive ..and i want to make everyone pay...rage.

I hope we get a flashback of Laura Hale. That would be nice
Flag
I agree, but I also fear he is, well, kind of crazy (like in a sociopathic sort of way) so the expression of that love is a little, well, off. Like, I almost think he sort of thinks of Scott and Lydia as his (which I think is why he won't really be after Scott).
Flag
You know what my biggest hope for the latter half of the season is? That Derek figures out Peter's manipulation of him throughout his life and does more than just tells Peter to shut up about it. Like, while they are on their little adventure, Cora relates Stiles' theory about Peter's version of Paige's death. I am just hoping that Derek's return is when he has figured out some stuff about Peter and needs to warn Scott and Cora just stays wherever they landed so she can come back if Reign is cancelled or the scheduling works out.
Flag
I hope that happens. Derek overcoming Peter means more than Scott doing it IMO.
Flag
Yeah, because I don't think he can really do it the same to Scott who I sense because of his dad does have a better bs detector than Derek.
Flag
It just means more for Derek to overcome the man who had been manipulating him from teenage years (possibly younger). Scott IMO's moments of overcoming big bads are underwhelming and lack any real impact. Last night I felt his overcoming Blake and Deucalion felt so forced and relied too much on being the main character than genuinely having a good plan that actually worked. Out smarting Gerard last season felt forced and ridiculous.

I can't see him outsmarting Peter or defeating him would be any better. While Derek's moment in the finale was beautiful. I disliked lack of foresight it involved I loved he told both Blake and himself that he didn't have to be a killer. He just held her off and let her attack him showcasing his empathy we saw this season which finished his character development this season wonderfully. To continue it Derek has to confront Peter and overcome him not Scott.
Flag
I want Derek to return in episode 13 (because it's Derek) and I want Peter to remain lurking in the background for as long as possible because it's so much more fun when people don't know that he's plotting against them. He can be snarky in public and evil in private and it will make me happy. So I can't join you in that hope, though I agree it would be awesome if Derek is the one to work it out and kick Peter's arse.
Flag
*SPOILER ALERT*
According to an interview that Jeff Davis gave either ET or EW (cannot remember which) he said that Derek would appear in episodes 13, 14 & 15, but that he would not be in Beacon Hills. He's still part of the story, he's just going off on his own for a while, "looking for something that was important to his family."
Flag
HIS MOM!!! She's important..she die in the fire??
Flag
I can deal with that. As long as he's part of a sub-plot and on my tv, I will be happy. Wondering what exactly he's looking for though.
Flag
To below, I agree and I read a couple of interviews with Jeff Davis since earlier and it sounds like Peter is not going after Scott, but likely going to need him as an ally or probably try and manipulate him like he does Derek. But it kind of sounds like Lydia's journey and embrace of her powers is next season and so her dealing head on with Peter is probably part of that (like she needs to something more dramatic than Isaac did in separating himself from Derek to shake off any control he might have over her because of the bite). I think her revenge for what he did to her after the bite is a separate thing that when she and Stiles out think him she can maybe hold a threat that she could do that whole calling him out thing which 'cures' a werewolf.
Flag
I guess my hope is that if Peter isn't an Alpha yet and Derek comes back after figuring stuff out and he can stop him but can't kill him because he doesn't do that.
Flag
Oh interesting...so if they can hide their scent then it's at least possible that Peter might know how to show either eye color. When Scott's eyes briefly turned red those couple times I don't think he had any control over it...he was transitioning and it was happening without his awareness, or at least that's how I saw it. But Peter (or Deucalion) might have control over something like that since they are more advanced...
Flag
@ jossjunkie and @ mariana0...I just thought I would contribute this to the discussion...in answering a question about why Scott didn't seem to know who Deucalion was in the elevator early on, Jeff Davis confirmed that an Alpha can hide his/her scent, even as to whether a werewolf or not. Then, I think technically, Scott twice showed his red eyes and returned to yellow. So, my thinking is that it might be an ability that some Alphas have to totally hide their status (whether Deucalion was admitting his original eye color was already blue or if he doesn't have the ability to switch back that is a question). So, while they didn't show us the color of Peter's eyes there at the end, Jennifer kind of had a similar reaction to Scott when he broke through to Peter, so it makes me wonder if she thought, oh crap, like as in only an Alpha could kill her or whatever. But I really don't think he has been an Alpha in hiding the whole time, I think that if he already is one, it happened as a result of what Derek did. I mean, arguably, Derek just used his whole Alpha spark and it died out, but I think there is something more mystic than that to it which Derek was never really able to embrace except over like Isaac, but that might be what Peter could have set Derek up to get back.
More +
Flag
Oh I gotcha, I thought you meant just since Peter's been brought back to life. That's what I had been wondering...since he's been back they hadn't showed us the color but made it seem like he was no longer an alpha. But there really was no precedent for what he did so who knows the effect it had on his status. When they were blue I thought that was the answer...but now we don't know!

And that's true, he knows all kinds of neat little tricks & tidbits the others don't...
Flag
@jossjunkie

I meant since Derek had resigned the alpha position. Not this whole series.

And I wouldn't put it past Peter to know a way of switching eye colour at will.
Flag
But wait they did show us Peter's eyes, in the flashback episode, they were blue. I had wondered before that if he was possibly still an alpha but when his eyes glowed blue I thought "ok no I guess not". Unless they say he can choose to make them glow blue or red, but that doesn't seem likely...

And agree, Lydia needs some retribution!
Flag
They've deliberately left Peter's alpha status up in the air, what with not showing us his eyes and all. It's very annoying of them.

And he doesn't do that anymore. He definitely did do that once. And it was epic.

I sort of want someone else to have a chance at Peter, though. Lydia should get to kick him in the balls at least once. Mind rape should not go unpunished.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members