A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television
In the latest recap Price brought up an interesting point which seems to affect a lot of us Teen Wolf fans, especially those of us who are a little older than the seemingly intended demographic: When we try to tell people we watch Teen Wolf they don't take it seriously, or don't take us seriously, and dismiss it.

So how do we try to convince them to take it seriously? I have friends who are willing to watch, but only watched the first couple of episodes and dismissed it as a teen paranormal romance show, which the first few episodes really can come across as.

Clearly introducing people to 3B and saying 'catch up' is going to alienate them a little as well, because they won't be able to understand what's going on and they don't know the characters and the history.

So how do you introduce someone to the show? Which episodes would you show them first that would be good examples of why we love this show, but wouldn't require in depth understanding of the back-story or ruin the surprises if they then want to watch it from the beginning onwards?

I'm thinking of telling my friend to watch Night School first, as that's the episode I remember first thinking 'this show is actually amazing'. It's got Lydia showing off her intelligence. It's got the query of whether Derek's a good guy or a bad guy. It has the alpha being scary and Scott's struggle with the wolf. But there have got to be some more episodes that people would recommend.

Has anyone actually introduced people to the show like this? What about people who didn't start watching from the beginning and have done things out of order? What problems did you have?
Comments (74)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I personally haven't had to bring anyone in really, but I would consider episode 5 - The Tell as one that's great for bringing some people into the show on.
It has a little bit of everything, but it isn't as intense as Magic Bullet.
It has some exposition on the characters in the form of the Parent-teacher conference, in which we get told hey Lydia not a vapid airhead, Stiles has no focus etc. , it has Derek and Scott working together in a half antagonistic way, it has the drama at the beginning with the death, and the Alpha, Also some Argent mystery Allison gets the necklace, we do have some not too horrible Scallison, they're cute when O Lands "white nights" plays in the foreground, Shirtless Derek as well, some crazy Kate stuff.
It's like a small snapshot of the over all feel of season 1, I think it has enough intriguing elements that people will be curious to see the first few episodes, and then they should be hooked by the time they gotten back to ep 5.

Just an idea, some people may not be convinced though, but I'd always tell people to give it a shot because it's so different from almost everything else on TV.
More+
Flag
After last week's episode, I got a BIT carried away with my "OMG THIS SHOW MY FEELS PLS WATCH IT NOW" comments, and my friends were like, "Seriously, though, we're not watching a teen/MTV/werewolf show."

I made it my point of showing them through different seasons' photos how the show's evolved, but never telling them too much, as to not spoil it for them, should they decide to start watching it. I got one friend to promise me he'd give it a try, and the rest just dismissed my ranting all together.

I think I'm liking the idea of persuading them to start with season 2, as it is the one that REALLY grabs people's attention, it's more grown up and darker than S1. It's just that I sort of have a pet peeve with not watching a show from the beginning (how ELSE will you know the entire history!?), but since I'm determined to get more people on the TW train, I'm willing to overlook this and just get my friends to see how amazing this show's become, and if they like it, they can go back and see how it began in S1.
More+
Flag
I think start at season 2 and go from there - that's what happened to me!

Season 1 never appealed to me. At all. And then one day I saw the promo for season 2 and decided to watch it. Next thing I knew I was eagerly waiting for the next episode every week and ended up backtracking and watching season 1 during the wait for season 3.

The rest is history
Flag
I'll be 25, this year also I'm a lesbian lol and given that most my friends are a few years older than me and are also mostly lesbian I have a hard time trying to convince them that I actually watch the show myself lol.
They're all more willing to watch The Fosters.
So I'm not sure where exactly I would start but most likely would just put the show on while someone was here w/o telling them much lol.
I started watching Teen Wolf when it first came out, but was very reluctant. It was on MTV and I'd grown tired of how similar every show with vampires/werewolves were seeming. Though I love both so watched it not caring for the first half the season that much but it was watchable and I got addicted haha.

I think they need more stand alone episodes, but if they're going back to 12eps that may be heard to come by. Either way I'd probably start them on Motel California and then they'd go back. Or the beginning of 2, I feel like they could choose to go back to one if they wanted more details on things. But while I think season 2 is when Teen Wolf started being great and I'm not sure what episode I'd pick out of it.
More+
Flag
The first option that springs to mind is to tell whoever you're trying to get to watch the show a great piece of one string of the story line you think will intrigue them most without ever telling them the title of the show. (Ex. I have to tell you this one little piece of this show I'm watching because I think you will really appreciate the diabolical genius of it.) Seriously, it works. I have used this actual line with great success. I am definitely older than the seemingly intended demographic and I also originally dismissed this show due to it's title. I know. I know. "Don't judge a book by it's cover" is a popular saying for a reason, but titles are important people! I have the same problem trying to get people to watch Cougar Town.
What got me to eventually pick it up was the overwhelming number of people who have similar taste telling me I would love it. Being a hard-core TV fan like I am I, of course, started at the beginning. Sure enough, the first season was obviously aimed at a much younger audience, complete with classic teenage relationship angst and repetitive simple story lines. Seriously, how many times did those guys just assume Derek was the killer just because he was a werewolf and didn't express himself well! The show quickly began correcting most of the problems it had in the first half of the season though, and just kept getting better from then on.
My other go to option in these cases is for those people you know that have no problem starting in the middle of shows. A lot of genre shows have trouble finding their feet at first and not everyone has the patience to wait it out. Whenever one of these shows starts to trend upward there is almost always a deeper mythology being born around the same time. That's usually the best point to jump aboard. In the case of Teen Wolf the writer's don't start getting heavily into the mythology of their world until the end of the first season. It would be relatively easy to catch someone up on a few facts and let them jump in there.

More+
Flag
I'm still having no luck getting anyone other than my husband to watch Teen Wolf. When people find out it's an MTV show, they quickly dismiss it.
Flag
I also think it's potentially useful to contextualize just how good you think the show is in relation to other shows currently airing, including those that might broadly be considered the same genre. I both expresses what you feel is the quality of the show and gives whomever you're suggesting Teen Wolf to some idea of what your own tastes and values are in a television show.

(If, for example, you REALLY don't like my list, it's unlikely you'll like Teen Wolf, at least not for the reasons I do. If you do, even if you don't think Teen Wolf sounds like your thing, it probably is.)

For me, it would sit something like this:
1. Justified
2. Hannibal
3. Teen Wolf
4. The Americans
5. Masters of Sex
6. Sherlock
7. Game of Thrones
8. The Fall
9. The Venture Bros.
10. Luther
Flag
I'm so far over the demographic it's not even funny, but then I'm an old school sci-fi, comic book, horror fan, so my friends are used to it. But I did introduce a friend to the show by just being enthused about it for so long. She had originally dismissed it, but I finally pulled her in during S3A, and she's now loving the whole kitsune/nogitsune mythos.
Flag
I am pushing 30 so yeah. Not the demographic. I also was a bit like meh before I gave the first ep a try a year or so later and as the seasons passed, this truly is amazing and one of few best things on tv right now. I have no idea how to make people understand its awesomeness or even to get them to watch just one ep!
Flag
I gotta say, I was hooked from the beginning. But......I almost didn't watch it because I thought the movie was lame. The promo looked very interesting and I'd thought I'd check it, and I was not disappointed. I was really invested in how Scott was going to deal with being a werewolf and I loved the mystery of who the alpha was and all the other mysteries. Also, on other shows it is so easy to figure out what's all going on, but not in this show.

Maybe that is what people are thinking of, that the show is like the movie. Where TW excels is the scary factor, the surprises, and how things are interwoven. I think the 4 episode test is good. The bad part about not starting at the beginning is that you don't who the characters are. Scott wouldn't be where he is in season 3 without going through what he did in Season 1 and 2. So maybe the cliff notes version for the "boring stuff" and then start where it got really good. For me, all the episodes were great, so I couldn't tell you where that would be. Maybe season 2??
More+
Flag
Thanks for this thread! I'm on the other side of the discussion: I know I'd like Teen Wolf, but I'm having trouble getting into it.

I like the genre, but I'm bored by the teen soap opera stuff in the first few episodes. Plus I know that if I have to force myself to watch something, I'll put it off forever. (Although I might read episode recaps if absolutely needed.)

I'd be happier (if a tad confused) if I could jump in later when its more wolf and less teen. Just tell me when. The comments seems to be suggesting Magic Bullet, Night School, or the start of S2. Thoughts?
Flag
The first episodes do start slow if you skip past you may miss things and could get confused but episode 4 or 5 onwards is worth the watch start there and season 2 is great, but season 3 is brilliant.
Flag
I got my husband to watch by buying season one on DVD and the playing it while he sat in the office (which overlooks the living room). He poked his head out a few times to mock it. Then a few more times to ask clarifying questions. He then slowly moved his laptop to the couch and worked sitting next to me asking me to pause while he asked a question about the show. Finally he shut the laptop and watched with me. Afterwards he asked me not to watch another episode unless he was around to watch it with me
Flag
Ha ha, that's how I get my family to watch shows too! I just watch it when they're around, and inevitably they get sucked in...
Flag
I do the same thing I'll watch something when everyone's around and they always get hooked and ask me what's what and who's who
Flag
Ah... stealth attack. I like it. I salute your sneakiness.
Flag
I'll add that there are only two genre shows I've had success at "forcing" other people to love: Firefly and Orphan Black.

Firefly, because it's timelessly brilliant, full stop. If you haven't watched every episode of that show at least twice, It's my opinion that you can't in good conscience call yourself a fan of genre television.

Orphan Black, because its electric pacing, tight writing, challenging subject matter and Oscar-deserving acting from its lead (if those pompous bastards ever deigned to lower themselves to awarding the small screen) will not only hook you through to the conclusion of its first season, but haunt your dreams for weeks to follow.

Both shows have scored 100% ratings on the four-episode test: No one has made it to episode four without being compelled to finish the rest... and, yes, that is a challenge to you Teen Wolf fans who've yet to engage either series.

Flag
Okay, Firefly I love. I've had the DVDs for years (including the fan film) I'm a browncoat through and through and I've got other people addicted too. But Orphan Black I think I've only ever heard of in passing once. What's it about?

The four episode test sounds like a good idea. That's how many episodes I usually give a show before I decide whether I like it or not. I was just talking to someone else about that the other day, actually. They'd given up on the Musketeers after one episode and I still wasn't decided on it (this was just after episode 2) but I've sicne watched to episode 4 and that's where it started getting a lot more interesting. The problem with TV shows is that, they need to set up more complex characters and plots than films, so the first few episodes of any show can be quite... bogged down in set up. Not necessarily bad set up, but just all the nitty gritty details that you have to hammer out in order to play with things properly.
Flag
I agree, Orphan Black is truly amazing, the leading actress kills it and the story is full of twists and turns to give you headaches for weeks. Really good stuff. And S1's only 10 episodes long.
Flag
If any show deserves the four-episode test, it's Orphan Black. The first episode is... well, for lack of better words... disarmingly weird. To be honest, it took me three sittings to finish it.

But it ends with a bang (literally), and takes off in the second. But it's only the revelation of the "angel" and a few other larger story developments in the third and fourth episodes that will really hook you.

Again, if you get to the fourth episode and are able to not watch the fifth, I will bow to you and publicly declare the demise of the four-ep test.
Flag
Watch Orphan Black immediately! In it's simplest explanation, it is about a woman that finds out she is a clone. But it is so much more than that,
Flag
To be honest, I'd sit them down in front of "Riddled" and let them wallow in confusion: The horror of the opening scene's phone call, the nightmarish sequences that followed, the intermixing of love and sincerity from friends and family at the medical center... and all of it capped off by O'Brien's mind-blowing performance... should make anyone recognize that this show is something a hell of a lot more worthy than your standard genre teen soap or campy remake of the original Teen Wolf.
Flag
I'm beginning to think I need to take different approaches with different people. i think that approach might work better for one of my friends. Just plonk her down at the top of the drop in the rollercoaster and watch what happens. She's the person who tried the first couple of episodes and decided against it. I think she'd like the later seasons more. ANd she has the annoying habit of watching things in the wrong order and not caring (I can't do that. I have to watch things from start to finish).
Flag
I think when people hear teen wolf they make the assumption it's going to be this teen angst filled show with young hot characters who act young. But I keep telling people teen wolf has so many complex layers it has a equal balance of humour, horror, romance, and emotional heart breaking moments and they always surprise you and keep you guessing.
Flag
It's funny (for me) how you say "just a teen paranormal romance show ", actually that what the catch for me, if you rewatch season 1, Scott really looks like a fifteen sixteen year old teenager, not like other shows whit twentysomething looking like idiots in highschool.

The humour and the romance is very fresh, Alison is not just the typical virginal rejected girl of the class, she actually has some fire.
Flag
I know I'm being dismissive of any entire genre there. I probably should have phrased it differently. But that is how people think of it. They lump it together with all the other paranormal romance stuff out there and don't see it as something that stands on its own two feet. Because there is a paranormal romance as part of it (and that's the part that really gets played up in promo pictures, especially for S1) they don't see any of the other things. That's why I used the "just". It's like calling Buffy "just" a paranormal romance show. Yes, there was paranormal romance, but there was also everything else.
Flag
I always tell people to give a show the "4-episode test." Once most people see "Magic Bullet" (episode 4 of season 1) they get hooked. The trouble is forcing them to sit through the first three (admittedly not as good) episodes. I've suckered two people in this way, and I always tell people who enjoy fantasy/sci-fi to give this show a try.
Flag
I forgot magic bullet! How could I forget Magic bullet! It's epic.

I feel like this question is giving me more ideas about episodes I want to rewatch rather than episodes I should show other people.
Flag
I'm not sure I agree with a lot of the commenters that early episodes of Teen Wolf aren't as good. I just think they're not yet as unlike other supernatural teen dramas as later episodes. After Season 2 I rewatched the whole show in preparation for Season 3 and found the early episodes already excellent, especially if you know where the show is going. They start slower, introducing the viewers to the world as its protagonist is suddenly thrown into a world (and a body) he doesn't understand, so they're not as densely frenetic as later episodes and later seasons, but they're better, more subtle, than I initially remembered them.
Flag
I think the problem is that some of the things in the first few episodes feel very formulaic. There's the Romeo and Juliet style love story, the creepy stalker guy in the shadows, the 'zany' best friend, the bitchy and horrible 'popular' kids. Those things have all been done before and, no matter how well it does them in those early episodes, people tend to see them and think 'this is how it's going to continue', but it isn't. If you give it a chance then you see that the reason it needs those episodes is to set up the character development for everyone and to show what those formulas can become if you let them. But a lot of people don't wait to see that Scott's going to stop being a love-sick teenager, Lydia's going to develop into someone amazing and Allison's going to quit being defined as a love interest.
Flag
Teen Wolf is one of the best "supernatural drama" shows out there right now (In my opinion) but that said, I don't usually try to get people into it unless I know without a doubt, they enjoy sci-fi/supernatural shows.

If there's one thing I've learned from MANY years of TV-watching, it's this: You can't FORCE a show on someone* - I think it hurts your credibility as a fan, and in some cases, the show itself. You can discuss about it all you want...that's all well and good. in the end, they will get attached to the show on their own terms, and they may not even have an epic love-affair with it, the way you had hoped.

*Believe me: I've learned this the hard way, when I tried to turn my ESPN-loving dad into a Veronica Mars fan. It did not go as I had hoped, and much to my dismay...he hates the show. :(

Flag
The people I'm talking about are fans of Supernatural/Sci-fi shows. I had them all addicted to Supernatural within about three months of knowing them. I got them all to agree to a marathon session of Firefly and Serenity. We did all three extended editions of LotR in one day. One of them owns the whole of stargate. Another is a huge anime fan. They all love Buffy the Vampire Slayer. We watched Merlin and Dr Who and all of the geeky stuff together, but Teen Wolf is the one thing I can't convince them to watch, though I think they'd enjoy it if they got in further. I'm not really trying to force them to like it. I'm trying to force them to give it a chance. If they try it (properly - not just watching the pilot and dismissing it) and don't like it, I won't be offended, I might be a little disappointed, but I just want them to stop looking at it like it's a bad Twilight rip off.
Flag
Excellent idea for a discussion; I have seen some of the same in the recap comments section, especially from the non-demographic fans. I fall a couple of years on the far side of the 18-34 demo, but I proselytize this show to friends and family alike, most of whom think I am nuts. But, the ones I have convinced to go along with my insanity end up drinking the Kool-Aid and fall victim to the show's charms. The quality of the show sells itself, if people just give it a chance they see that. And MTV isn't stupid, they know some of their dedicated viewers have to be outside the key demographic and have milfs and dilfs like Melissa and Papa Argent. But it's the story and characters that keep us coming back for more.
Flag
I think we can plain forget about the people who don't watch these type of shows, and people who have liked either smallville, arrow, tvd, etc we just have to push and promise them it gets awesome if they stick with it.

But even then it wont be easy, it took me two times, being home sick and very very bored for me to get in to it. First time I dropped out in the episode when they where stuck in the school, I just couldn't take it any more. Second time I pushed through, and it went from bad to better a few episodes in, to incredibly awesome must watch when they got rid of Jackson. Never liked that guy, don't want him in arrow either...
Flag
You didn't like Night School?

Wow. That's not something I hear very often. I've often thought that was one of the top three episodes of the first season. Can I ask what you didn't like about it?

I can sort of understand why you didn't like Jackson, though. His charm was strange, and although I thought I would, I haven't really missed him much since he left (it helps that I love him in Arrow, though).
Flag
Sorry I don't really remember but I think it had something to do with Peter in ww-form and teenagers always ending up hiding in schools from monsters in these kind of shows... :)
Flag
Oh, I did this last year! My co-worker, as a caveat, was the one who talked me into Pretty Little Liars and well, she owed me one. I am about 36 and she is in her late forties and a grandmother. First, I started it off in giving into the camp nature of it by telling them it is pretty much a coming of age story and the cast is pretty damn attractive. Second step, you have to tell them that the first season, each episode is only like forty minutes long and you can get through it pretty quickly and the story line is actually not that hard to follow along and that the show is very aware of itself and very meta (I used the whole time when Scott was trying to get Jackson to go to the dance with Allison to protect her from Peter and he just comes out with the, everyone likes Allison line - while she is a whole hell of lot more interesting now it is kind of a fun little nod) and that the main romance storyline is actually very well done and you don't feel like rolling your eyes at it. Third, and usually you can get people to watch the pilot pretty easily, but you can invoke, Buffy in that you can clearly see the homage being paid to it and that there is major allergory things going on in the show.

Additionally, you can do what I did, I didn't watch the first season when it aired. I laughed at it. I rolled my eyes at it. Then some entertainment website did a little story on Scott and Stiles friendship. The little recap of season one was coming up, so I decided to watch it. That might be enough for some people and then Season 2 is the best total season so far (though 3B is giving it a run for its money) so you usually have them hooked. I personally was intrigued enough that I just caught up on Itunes before Season 2 began and I actually developed different opinions than the recap would have given me (i.e., in actual season 1, I liked Derek a lot more than in the recap)
More+
Flag
I think that's one of the problems with skipping S1: Derek. He's my favourite character, mainly because of season 1. If I'd started watching in S2 with him forming his pack I think I would have disliked him because he was cocky and arrogant and I wouldn't have known the really good side of his character that we see in Season 1. I wouldn't have had the whole is he/isn't he a bad guy thing, and come down definitely on the side of Good guy. I would just have seen him trying and failing to be an alpha. I can see how missing S1 works for some storylines, but I think Derek would be a casualty of that and (probably because I'm biased on this point) I really want people to see S1 him before they have to go through him in S2 and 3, in which you can only really understand his motives if you've seen the build up in S1.

I like the way you describe it, though. I should try that. At the moment I just keep saying 'it's not what you think! It's not Twilight with werewolves, I swear!'
Flag
It probably helped my cause that I couldn't make it through the first of the Twilight movies and I had shared my complete hatred of Bella Swan.
Flag
I've never even tried the films. I tried the books. I made it through the first one but then threw the second one across the room before I was even half way.

I think I probably dislike Twilight more than the people I'm trying to convince to watch Teen Wolf.
Flag
I never even tried the books (it was probably some of the anger at myself for even trying the movies). I remember reading the back of some of them in the bookstore, and they never seemed interesting (the Morganville Vampires were always more interesting in the YA book department) and when they started I was a little over vampires, I had struggled through most of the now called True Blood I had thrown Anita Blake books across the room and was coming to the opinion that Sunshine by Robyn McKinley had ruined all new vampire stories for me. My reading now is generally much more Fae and weirder other creatures...come to think of it, the werewolves in the Wird Girls series are the first ones I've come upon in a while.
Flag
When I tell my coworkers that Teen Wolf is the best TV show since invention of ice-cream I get the look. I had a hard time convincing people I am right. But I managed to convince one coworker who has seen first episode and dismissed it as 'twilight'. I said to her she has to give it 4 episode test and now she is hooked as much as I am. I had no such luck with my other (movie fan) co-worker but then again I had a hard time convincing him that Game of Thrones is the best Tv show since invention of wheel even after he has seen season 1. Thankfully when things settled he got hooked on GoT too. So my guess is give them 4 episode ultimatum and wait for it.
Flag
The four episode test thing sounds like a good idea. Episode 4 is Magic Bullet, right? (I always get confused about episode numbering in TW because so much happens in every episode that I think that things happen a lot later than they actually do).

I have to admit that I'm sort of guilty of not-watching bias in the case of GoT. I read half of the first book and got too invested in the characters and started throwing it across the room. I know that if I watch it I'll get too invested in the characters again and it will make me upset and angry when they all, inevitably, die.
Flag
When you watch GoT you wish characters die. If nobody dies for a while you start to worry. That concept was hard to accept in Season 1, but now I'm ok with it. I recommend not reading books (as it is more personal than tv) and just enjoying the show. Trust me, just try the first 4 episodes....
Flag
Trust me, just try the first 4 episodes....

I feel like I've heard that somewhere before...
Flag
I started watching Teen Wolf in season 2, during the 3rd episode (thanks to the interesting recaps done by Price) of the season. After that hour I was hooked. I finished out the second season and then went back and watch the first.

Before that I had seen a few season 1 episodes of Teen Wolf and didn't really connect to it.... So I usually tell people to start with season 2. For me (even after watching season 1) that's when Teen Wolf grew up and really started to take off. Plus certain season 1 info just doesn't carry over. Like Lydia being a major B***h and her power play for Scott/her relationship with Jackson and the vapidness of her friendship with Alison. (Basically Lydia is total different after season 1 and better for it)
Flag
I get what you're talking about with Lydia. S1 Lydia is a completely different person from S2+ Lydia. And I do like S2 Lydia more. But doesn't skipping S1 cause some confusion. How easy is it to understand that it's Peter in Lydia's head? Also, as I mentioned above, I'm afraid that starting with S2 won't give people a decent chance at liking Derek. S1 and S2 Derek are pretty different too. What did you think about him after starting from S2?
Flag
I started with S2 and didn't really have a lot of confusion. The "previously on Teen Wolf" thing kind of allowed me to know that Peter was a bad guy. When I went back and watched S1 it definitely made me understand better but I don't remember being too confused during the whole thing.

And I actually liked S2 Derek. He did come off as kinda dark initially, but what he was doing made a lot of sense to me so I didn't see him as a bad guy. Just a very black and white type of character. Watching S1 helped me understand his relationship with Scott better, but I didn't ever watch the show feeling like I was completely lost.

I will say that after watching S1 certain parts of Jackson's S2 arc came off totally different.
Flag
I'm batting 9 for 9 on Teen Wolf converts. And many of those converts have done their own evangelizing. Like a pyramid scheme.

"Night School" is always the benchmark I suggest, but I also encourage people to watch from the beginning, since it's harder to appreciate everything "Night School" is doing if you don't have the set-up. But it is the premiere episode early in Season 1, and by then I think a viewer will have a good idea whether or not the style and tone of the show appeals to them, especially when they know—because you've told them—that it only keeps getting better.

I also make sure to recognize Teen Wolf for what it is. It IS a supernatural teen show that capitalizes on the clichés even as it works to defy them. It treats its characters with respect instead of turning them into cheap vehicles for soapy drama. And it also manages to be very fine, at times truly exceptional, horror, especially in individual episodes, as well as incorporating a pleasant dose of humor and levity.

And by any measure, Teen Wolf is exceptionally well written. Whether or not a viewer likes the decisions that are made, plotting is tight, exposition is kept to a minimum, direction rewards close scrutiny by making the details count without drawing undue attention to them. The cast is beautiful, but they can act to a man.
More+
Flag
See, that's how it went with me and Supernatural. I got a few people watching it, they got other people watching it. It was great. But Teen Wolf seems to fall before the first hurdle.

I know it's got the cliches and it's definitely a genre show. But I really want to feel like I don't have to apologise for that when I talk about it. That's probably more my problem than my friends. But there is just this general feeling of disbelief when I start talking about it. Like they are re-evaluating my taste and judgement. It's annoying. It's a good show. It's genre television done brilliantly. Yes, it has flaws, but the good outweighs the bad about 10 to 1, if not more. I started watching it as cheesy fun because I thought 'why not' and then I kept watching it because it was interesting and it made me think about things. It's the only show I'm watching at the moment that actually has me thinking about it seriously between episodes. But I have no RL friends to talk about it to because they're all stuck on what they think it is either from the promos or from the pilot episode and they don't get any further.
More +
Flag
everyone i told to watch teen wolf did so, first reluctantly but then addictively. this show is so good, it hardly takes convincing after the first try.
and we frome the age of 28 to 50 :-D

Flag
You've been lucky. Most people I talk to don't get past the 'Really, you actually watch that?' reaction.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members