A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television
So, post 1982, laws changed and bearer bonds went out of popularity and their convenience was reduced. While bearer bonds are still redeemable, the bank that issued them has to still be in existence or its obligations were bought by a successor bank that is still in existence, other wise you are out of luck. Bearer bonds can also be called in which stops interest payments and might leave you out of luck. Basically, they become like savings bond except anyone in possession can cash them. What I am saying is if they were all redeemable, the amount might be off.

From what I can tell in Beacon Hills, the economy sucks and their bank went out of business three years earlier. I presume they could have been issued by another bank or a national bank which could be cashed in another place.

Meredith could escape from Eichen House, but she clearly had limited transportation. Brunski sounds like he was on his last strike before his license was taken away for good. I think they might be a noticeable twosome or even on their own cashing in 117 million in bearer bonds. So, that would imply there is some evidence of them cashing them in. My issue is also that Brunski kind of seemed to be a prototypical bully, kind of an idiot when you got down to it (I still get irritated that Coach couldn't go, dude, I'm a teacher and a coach of the only fundable sport in town, shut up). So, the bank might have called them in. And if they went to different banks, well, they are gambling the banks all would acknowledge them and both are in places where their absences would be noted.

But what if they have at least one more partner? My hope has been an elderly gentlemen with a unjustified need to destroy the supernatural. There is the motive question too, I get if she thinks she is doing good (eliminating the unnatural) for the world but the whole plot seems overblown and hard to fathom a girl who, even if faking her craziness, something happened to her in Lorraine's sound room.
Comments (14)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Or her other partner might be a certain Beacon Hills adolescent computer whiz who seems to have erased himself from everyone's memories this season...

Just a thought. Personally, I don't think it would be Danny, because he never seemed interested in hurting anyone. Yeah, he definitely knows about all of the supernatural madness going on in Beacon Hills, and he's brilliant with computers, so maybe Meredith could have written the code for the Deadpool, and Danny helped her by sending it to everyone who might be interested in taking a chance as an assassin (that might also explain how every printer in Beacon Hills is apparently now printing out copies of the deadpool list.) However, aside from saying that he didn't think he could date a werewolf, Danny hasn't said or done anything remotely hostile towards Beacon Hills' supernatural population, so I doubt it'll turn out to be him. Alternatively, it could be Brunski who was sending out all of the electronic commands, relaying Meredith's orders to the assassins (as we know he was the one who must've recorded and sent out the mix tapes), but we don't know whether he was very computer-savvy or not. Or maybe Gerard (he would definitely make a likely suspect, and I was actually convinced that he would turn out to be the Benefactor until last week's episode), but again, I have no idea, as it almost seems too easy for it to be him.

On another note, regarding the possible connection with Peter (reinforced by the fact that, in one of the promos for the next episode, Meredith says that she'll only talk to Peter). Since Jeff Davis has stated that the identity of the Benefactor "brings up big questions answered in the final three episodes - events that go back to the very first season of Teen Wolf, with secrets revealed about what happened after the Hale fire..." (http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/11/teen-wolf-benefactor/), all that a lot of people seem to be saying is that Meredith wasn't in Season 1, so she can't be the real Benefactor. My counterargument; how do we know she wasn't involved? Based on Lorraine Martin's backstory, it sounds like she did all of this research on the supernatural and occult a long time ago, when Lydia was either very young or hadn't been born yet, and that was when she brought in Meredith to help her. So, if Meredith was around back then, why couldn't she have been involved in the events surrounding the Hale fire?

If anyone remembers, in Season 1, when Peter (as the Alpha) attacked Mr. Harris (the chemistry teacher who was sacrificed by Jennifer in Season 3A), he left a list of names on Harris's desk, which included Harris himself. Harris says that Laura Hale had originally written that list... but what if she wasn't the one who actually wrote it? What if someone else identified all of those people for her, and created that list to give Laura a way to track down her family's killers? And, considering that Peter was in a coma and wouldn't exactly have been very good at persuading people, how did he convince his nurse to not only take care of him, but keep his secrets and prevent anyone from finding out that he was a werewolf, that he was still conscious, and that he was running around town murdering people? Not to mention the fact that she helped him set up the trap that lured Laura back to Beacon Hills, so that Peter could kill her and become an Alpha?

My point is; what if Meredith helped Peter to escape the burning Hale house, sensing (or hearing) that he was in danger, and that his family was dead? What if she then controlled his nurse (in the same way that she later controlled Brunski, which seems fairly similar to Peter's relationship with the nurse) to help him recover and keep the fact that he was a werewolf secret, not knowing that he was going to end up killing people? And what if Peter's rampage, and all of the subsequent deaths that occurred as a result of the Kanima, the Alpha pack, the Darach, and the Nogitsune, convinced Meredith that supernatural creatures were too dangerous to be left alive, and that they should all be wiped out to save everyone else? To be fair, if you tally up all of the deaths in Beacon Hills since the beginning of the show, then there have been dozens of deaths in Beacon Hills in a period that, as far as the canon timeline goes, has been less than a year, and almost all of them have been caused by supernatural creatures; that might have been enough motivation for Meredith to believe that they should all be eliminated. Maya Eshet, the actress who plays Meredith, said that her interpretation of Meredith's motives is that she believes that she's doing something good, something that will help the world, so that would fit. She might have left Peter off the list because she saved his life once, and (by her logic) it wouldn't be right for her to turn against him now.

Just a guess, and, knowing how many surprises this show has pulled off already (I confess, I never even thought that Meredith might be the Benefactor until they revealed it), I'm probably either only partially right or entirely wrong, but I wanted to see what everyone thought of the idea.
More+
Flag
Holy crap that makes sense. And if you will add in how he was using Lydia as his back up plan. Um how on earth did he know?

Randomly that list from Season 1 had a bunch of Harris names on it. Looking at it now it could be the whole Harris family is something or other and that was an early edition of the list (and that might be really funny to connect the bad guys this season with like Harris family members who came for vengeance especially since he was everyone's go to villain guess for two seasons). But I had thought at the time that all whoever made the list knew was the person who helped Kate had the last name Harris.
Flag
I really hope that there is someone else who Meredith is working with. This whole scheme, stealing the bearer bonds, recording (and sending out) the cassette tapes, chatting with & paying the assassins...all of it...seems to complicated for just Meredith and Brunski to carry out.

And also, what is Meredith's motive? She wants to get back at Lorraine for the testing? She wants revenge for what? What's going on? I feel like no matter what she says her motive was, it won't believable enough for her to have had a hand in killing so many supernatural beings.
Flag
Well, I guess the actress has interpreted Meredith's motivation is that she believes she is actually doing something for the good of the world. Basically, going with the fact that the quest Scott is technically on is to prove to himself and then the outside world is that he is not a monster and can choose to be a good person who happens to have supernatural qualities, that there might just always be the people who think what Scott initially thought when he was first bitten in that he was cursed. Meredith might, in her experience only being with other people with supernatural powers is Lorraine and then before that was her own just hearing voices, think they are all bad automatically and for the good of humanity they must be eliminated. Factor in also that if she figured out what she was and did research, banshees were initially the women who wailed at funerals, not necessarily supernatural and then with the fact it looked like Lydia actually set the mountain ash as if she was human, she might interpret herself as a banshee as different. Or she intends to kill herself last for good. But if you twist this a bit, you have Gerard's outlook on the supernatural. I am still thinking there is human factor here that we haven't factored in yet.

Right now my guess is that Meredith was sold on this idea and made the list and Brunski made the tapes but that is really as far as they both went. There is someone else who coordinated all the other details and legwork and is the one most dangerous (depending I suppose on who you consider more dangerous, the deluded followers or the leader)
More +
Flag
Someone else gave a similar reason for Meredith's motive and it's starting to come together for me a little more...I guess I just really wanted it to be someone else. Of all the people I'd considered, Meredith never even entered my mind.

I truly hope there is someone else because all of this seems too elaborate for a mental patient to have come up with and carried out, even with Brunski's help.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I assume that Meredith has henchpeople. She may not have a rational reason for making the hit list. Putting herself on the list, with Brunski to guard her, then faking her own death seems to be a good way to avoid suspicion and assassins.
I still see Peter as an end game villain this season.
Flag
So, many of my guesses were wrong. Peter was the mind behind the Benefactor - he just didn't know it.
Flag
Yeah, me too. I guess I really wanted it to be Gerard. And then to have Peter doing what is actual plan was so that we could well and truly wrap up Season 1 and Teen Wolf origin things moving forward.
Flag
I agree that Peter is probably the end game villain for the season, but I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around him being the Benefactor. I think his plan is more about Scott (and he wouldn't have risked him on the list at that price if he needs him wouldn't want some pesky assassin to swipe him).

I really am sort of feeling like Meredith made the list and is behind the idea, but I still feel like there is a power broker yet to discover, and then when she is asking for Peter in the next episode this made me think...well, clearly not him, but her next direction is probably to extort him into helping her.
Flag
I agree - Peter is definitely not The Benefactor. Nothing about The Benefactor matches him...
I agree about Meredith, too. It was probably her idea. But someone is helping her.
It was said that The Benefactor has connection to the fire, which killed The Hales. We still don't know what's Meredith's connection, but I think that this is the reason why she wants to talk with Peter. Well, we will see.
Flag
Several questions to answer.
1/ Why isn't Peter on the lists?
2/ What are Meredith's motivations?
3/ What exactly are the Banshee powers?
4/ Why was Derek removed from the lists?
5/ What criteria are behind the prices?

Flag
1) I think there is probably a complicated answer to that one and after an above discussion, maybe Peter knows something more about banshees and was able to prevent himself from being read? Just a guess. My more rational explanation has been that I couldn't imagine that even if Meredith is older and more experienced than Lydia, the messages might not be any clearer and she got two Hales and with access to Malia's medical records there at Eichen, it was easier to assign those two as Hales when I think the only person in authority who knew Peter was alive pre this season was Melissa.

2) My guess is she thinks she is doing humanity some good by eliminating the supernatural that are inundating Beacon Hills now that the Nemeton was reawakened.

3) Unclear as of yet, and willing to bet that is part of Season 5, but beyond being able to hear on a supernatural level, which implies but does not mean she can hear the dead, they can obviously predict death, but more mythology implies that they can serve as sort of guides to those who have passed over to the afterlife - which might imply they have some ability to 'die' but not really have it be permanent.

4) Whatever was done to him has made him totally human, which I think only Scott and Liam really know right now but everyone else, including Derek and Braeden just think he is a werewolf under a curse of some sort that can be lifted by Kate or whoever. But I think Peter did something which has fully transferred Derek's powers to him.

5) That will be answered next week I think (the description says Stiles and Malia learn the origin of the lists - which could likely be another untrustworthy narrator story told to them by Peter) but I think it is a combination of things, the power of the particular individual, the role they play in a group dynamic, the challenge the individual would provide, the previous successes of the individual, the obstacles to reaching the individual. For instance, Liam's went up because a) he made it through a full moon, b) he survived Garrett's attack, c) he took on a Beserker and maybe didn't defeat him (I'm still unclear on that) but did it in defense of another supernatural and survived and all as a result, made Scott a little harder to get at because the Beta, especially the first Beta's instinct is to protect his Alpha. Lydia is so much higher than say Kira, who basically is invulnerable despite the number of time she gets knocked unconscious, is probably because as a banshee, Meredith maybe gave her a little more credit, but she is basically the female Alpha of Scott's pack and one of his more reliable advisors.
More +
Flag
I can answer only to 4.
Derek is removed because he is a human now... He lost his power.
We will understand the answers of 1 and 2 and maybe 5 in the next three episodes. I'm not sure about 3, but we will understand this in the future - maybe in the next three episodes or in the next season.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members