A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television
I just saw the new Teen Wolf opening sequence and I'm feeling kind of blah about it. I know I'm probably going to be in the minority here but it's how I feel. I don't like Kira very much so far, but I did expect her to be be in the opening sequence. I don't, however, think that Malia should have made it to the sequence just yet. (I know you Shelley Hennig fans are probably going to be mad at me!) Isaac never made it to the opening sequence. Even Peter and the vet never made it. I'm kind of annoyed about it. She hasn't earned a spot yet, just my opinion.

Other than that, it's sad to see the opening without Allison in it :( But it's cool to see that Scott and Stiles are doing something new in the sequence. I'm very intrigued about what Stiles is doing. He's apparently linking clues together??

What do you guys think of the opening sequence? Like it, love it, mixed feelings or what?
Comments (11)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Was expecting more, however finally gone is levitating scott. I do not like the last shot of scott he looks weird.
Flag
I'm slightly miffed that everyone has new exciting opening except Roden and Hoechlin, they've basically had the same clip since they started doing an opening sequence, which I never really enjoyed much tbh.

I understand why Kira and Malia is in it, their contracts, however Malia as a character leaves me feeling cold, mostly because she's perhaps the worst written character we've had to swallow.
Flag
I don't like this opening sequence as much as I did last season's. It seems very generic and uninspired. However, I am very excited that Kira and Malia have been promoted to regulars. Arden Cho gave a phenomenal performance last season and Shelley Hennig was great in The Secret Circle (I'm still waiting for her to be given enough material to show her true skills on Teen Wolf, though). I'm really excited for Season 4, it looks like it's going to be fantastic, I just wish that the opening credits were more exciting to go along with it (I mean, really, a desert theme? Are going to be in Mexico all season?)
Flag
I'm in complete agreement, but maybe after this season we will feel differently.
Flag
I hope we do feel differently. With the season about to start in just a couple of days, I've been thinking about it a lot.
Flag
I don't mind it (and Daniel Sharman and Teen Wolf were never able to come to full contract terms after season 2 and apparently they do contract negotiations like they do in baseball, where they don't talk about it once the season starts) but I am only ever fond of super creative openings and I sometimes find myself annoyed at this one just because they tend to use it like a hammer after a cold open. But as to who makes it is entirely based on whether they are contracted as regulars, guest stars, reoccurring. And this is so sad that this is a continuing sports metaphor, but going with baseball, like David Ross is not the starting catcher for the Red Sox but he is just as important to the team as Melissa McCall (in fact that is a weirdly appropriate comparison in my world). So it really has nothing to do with how well we know them yet.

I am in the I love Kira camp, probably just because I totally am one of those socially bumbling people and I like that they set up her dynamic with Scott to sort of enhance his, well, pooing rainbows and puppies personality.

But, usually, i watch it once or twice to get to know when the best time is to stop my fast forward and skip it. I rather like to listen for it when they play a version of the song within the show itself (most recent example I can think of is when the twins initially arose to defend Lydia from Jennifer in 3A's season finale and were kind of both making the transition to less bad guys. I think it might have also been used when Scott got Malia to turn, but I don't remember. Its like the music I had previously thought was the Darach music, but apparently is the Nemeton's music, I was so weirdly happy when I heard that at the end of the Fox and the Wolf (until Noshiko started saying this was somehow the fault of the sacrifice, when I was like, well, not really, Jennifer caused the storm that cause the root cellar to implode).
More+
Flag
I shouldn't have said I don't like Kira much. I like her enough but I don't like her chemistry with Scott, and since she's with Scott so much, it annoys me. They don't seem like a realistic couple to me (and I don't mean sex). They don't fit romantically to me. I do hope they're relationship grows on me or Teen Wolf could become hard to watch.

Thank you for clearing that up about Isaac. I didn't know he had issues coming to an agreement with TPTB.

I've never been a big fan of this theme song. I liked it better in season one when they didn't even have the opening sequence. But I kind of got used to ignoring the music. I can still ignore the music. But seeing Malia, when we never got to see Isaac in it, just bothers me. I understand that Melissa, Deaton and others were never series regulars but I feel like they should get Malia established on the show a bit more before adding her.
Flag
I think you just have to hold on for the Scott/Kira thing to really click since they had like a total of fifteen non traumatic time together. I wasn't totally feeling him and Allison until they took their day off from their lives and spent the day in the woods. I have a feeling we will have some interesting one on one time even first episode whereI just envision both being more fond of the idea of riding SScott's bike to Mexico rather than what I imagine is a very awkward inside of the jeep with Stiles Lydia and Malia.
Flag
I would actually like a group scene in Stiles' Jeep lol I think that could be comical :P

Flag
Staff
I like the opening sequence and I'm glad they finally created a new bit for Dylan O'Brien. But in regards to Isaac, Deaton, and Peter not being in it, it's because they were/have never been series regulars. (I don't understand why Daniel Sharman wasn't a series regular after Season 2, but I don't work on Teen Wolf!). It definitely feels weird to already see Malia in the credits, though, but she was upped to a series regular for Season 4, so it makes sense that they'd add her.
Flag
I understand that they weren't season regulars... It just doesn't seem right that she's already made the credits :/ (I don't get why Isaac wasn't added either).
Flag
Follow this Show
Members