A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television
So, I've been re-watching the entire third season (writing a fanfic so I had to do some research) and I just rewatched the mid-season finale again - and there's something I think I'm missing here...

When Derek is fighting Jennifer, after he tricks her into healing Deucalion then refuses to kill him - we see her slamming him against a wall (or something) and there are flashes to the time he held Cora and Boyd at bay to prevent them from killing her...

It's a great sequence and I'm not complaining or anything - but I also don't really get the connection...
Are we shown that flashback because that's when he saved her and now she's killing him? Are we shown that scene because that's how the two of them first met (if so - wouldn't the scene where he's holding out his hand to her have been better)?

Anyone has any theories or ideas?
Comments (5)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I think it is him calling on the same endurance that allowed him to withstand however long that went on, since it isn't claws necessarily that are being hit upon him, but assaults but he knows he only has a time to withstand it. In a larger sense it might be showing him what kind of leader he can be in the fact that he is willing to self sacrifice a lot (it is sort of like the opposite to the way that I had thought he and Scott could run a pack together, with Scott initially being the emotional supportive one, now Scott is going to have to make the tough choices and lead, but what I think Derek was discovering about himself is that he could be a better emotional leader than tough guy leader).

My question about that whole sequence though...so Jennifer exhausted her magical strength or whatever (and what was it that was preventing her from even being able to touch Deucalion), and we know Derek was without his werewolf strength. I ask you, how did she manage to throw him like that...he's not exactly a small guy....
Flag
My guess is that she still had enough power to throw him against a wall like a rag doll. After all, she still had enough power to hide her scarred face, something that she had admitted earlier to clickety-clack took power.
Flag
I think they were trying to illustrate how awful Derek's life is. I sincerely hope dude gets to actually have fun in 3b. As much as I love an underdog, Derek's bad luck is just getting ridiculous.
Flag
Maybe it shows how he's willing to endure pain for his loved ones/pack like a good alpha... idk. I thought it odd as well but it basically showed him getting beat up at the beginning of the season and the mid. LOL... J/K. We love Derrick. I just hope he wins a fight one day so that we can hold his hand high and declare him winner.. then take him out for ice cream.
Flag
He was holding Jennifer off from hurting anyone else during the eclipse by letting her hurt him instead, just as he did when he was holding back Cora and Boyd until the sun rose.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    The Bachelorette
    NEW
    ABC
  • 10:00 pm
    Mistresses Blurred Lines
    NEW
    ABC