A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television
First, as much as we complained, it wasn't quite as hole filled as we thought. When watched all together (or in threes the way I usually watch DVD series) it still had issues, but it was really just a lot of information. The one thing that seemed clear...Season 3A and its issues were all Gerard's fault.

I also think I actually solved some math...in the Overlooked, Jennifer said that she was helped by the Nemeton which was repowered by Derek's sacrifice of Paige a few months before. In the Girl Who Knew Too Much, Sheriff Stilinski was looking for medical records from about ten years before, which Melissa found, and pulled out Julia/Jennifer. In Visionary, Peter (and this seemed to be the actual truthful thing) said that Derek was 15 when he was going after Ennis. It was like later that night that Paige died. Voila, Derek is 25 (and for some strange reason Beacon Hills is about fifteen years behind in fashion, but maybe its like Canada where the eighties didn't reach until 1993 - Robin Sparkles reference). It does seem to make Peter be about 31 if you put teenage Peter at between 19-21, which seems wrong. I had a thought that maybe werewolves kind of keep a couple ages going in their heads, like their chronological age and then the age they actually first transition. So, when Cora said she was 17 in years, she also would factor in whatever number or period they attribute to a wolf age. This premise is entirely dependent on the idea that even born werewolves don't actually transition as baby wolves, but probably wait until puberty.

That was actually my biggest thought (I also thought the way Deaton basically presented the necessary person to pull them back was kind of mean to Scott, he could have started with what seems obvious, Deaton needed to be the one to pull Scott back because he has no real relationship with Alison). And Scott seriously had a really crappy week there at the end of Season 3A. I sense he will be the one to be able to best deal with the 'darkness' but he kind of needs a break.
Comments (18)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I don't see any issue with Peter being 31? Not everyone looks their age, lmao. I've seen people in their late 20's that could pass for forty! People of 18 that could sit and stand for 30!
Flag
I know (I know technically I don't look my age so I should be the last one commenting on it). Heck, my sister is six years younger than me and there has been a few times where like my mother's co-workers think I am younger (I've tried to explain that the main reason behind this is that my sister has always been capable of tanning and has taken advantage of that and I just burn and peel, so I stay out of the sun).
Flag
Now I'm confused with why you were confused with the age.
Is this all because how Cora answered the question about her age? I figured she was just messing around when answering.
Flag
It sort of became a huge distractor issue at some point which seemed to lead to discussions of maybe werewolves are far older than they appear and they were pretty set in the first two seasons of like deliberately never revealing Derek's age. The only clues we had were he was a few years older than the boys, the fire took place six years ago and he and Laura were away at school at the time, and the approximate age of Kate Argent (you could get her exact age in Season 2 premiere on her grave).

I think ultimately Cora was just messing around with Stiles when she answered. She was born 17 years ago and is 17. But I just have this kind of thought that, especially in born werewolves, there is a time when the ability to shift comes about and it is a significant event in a werewolf's life (heck, whether they actually are werewolves or not even) and the occasion might be enough that a born werewolf might start marking his or her age at that point. I mean, it is likely their physical appearance slows down since they have the healing ability. But that is just totally based on the thought that there wasn't a six month old werewolf Derek. Heck, I've always kind of thought one of the reasons he stayed away was that after Paige and after Kate and then the fire, he really didn't want to be a werewolf and was more than happy that Laura took the Hale Alpha role.
More +
Flag
What bugs me is that, while present-day Peter clearly looks to be in his 30s, in the flashbacks he looked barely older than Derek... Besides, what was he doing in high school if he was 20?!?!
Flag
Got held back?
Flag
Oh and my issue with Peter is that he kind of looks older than 31 (the oldest I could guess teenage Peter was at the time of Visionary)
Flag
He wasn't the first thing baby Derek says to him is that he can get young Peter kicked off campus...like he is no longer a student. A threat Scott could occasionally use with Derek. High schools hate recent grads coming back during school hours.
Flag
Peter replied to Derek's threat of having him thrown off campus by saying the faculty liked him because he was so good looking. It was also probably because he looked so young as well. But even then, Peter showed evidence of his vanity.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members