We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Okay, so with the start of the new season of teen wolf I've noticed something that I have been trying to deny. I can't any longer... I'm falling for Isaac. As a die-hard stiles fan I feel so guilty and ashamed. I love stiles, I do, but when I see Isaac I just..... mmmmm. The face, the hair, the eyes, the BODY. I just want to know if anyone else is as conflicted right now. I may be forced to choose. I don't wanna.

Comments (14)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Don't choose. Enjoy them both. In my opinion, they're nothing alike and both bring good things to the show.
Flag
If you Don't want to choose you don't have to I became a Stisaac fan lol http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9128551/1/Taking-A-Chance-With-Pain and I hope one day that this will happen on the show
Flag
Oh, its not really a dilemma for me...Stiles is a character I really like and Dylan O'Brien makes him like a real boy. Isaac somehow awakens all of my heretofore unawakened mothering instincts and you just want people to stop hurting him.
Flag
Ah, Stiles, how I love thee, let me count the ways .... Actually, I can't, or I'll end up sitting here all night. Stiles was what won me over to this show, and what kept me going with it through the first season and into the second. But I was very impressed with what Daniel Sharman was able to do with the relative paucity of material given him during Season Two.
The problem with Isaac, and the only reason that he has not yet claimed his place as Stiles' equal in my heart, is that he is written in such a way that we always sense more about him than we are actually shown. We get tantalizing glimpses of Isaac's essentially sweet and loyal nature, his nerdiness, his sarcastic sense of humor, his adorable need to be liked, and a bravery so intense that it sometimes looks like insanity. But as soon as a glimpse is there, it's gone, and we're back to focusing on how Isaac has been traumatized by his father and how he has problems containing his anger. Abuse and PTSD should never be glossed over, but there is far more to Isaac than these problems, and we need acknowledgment of that from the writers. When they finally work out how to manage that balancing act between respecting a character's inner demons and letting them totally dominate that character's portrayal, then I suspect that Isaac will finally tie with Stiles as my favorite.
I also hope that in time, Stiles and Isaac will overcome any jealousy caused by rivalry for Scott's affection, and that they will begin their own bromance - from what few scenes O'Brien and Sharman have had together, I sense real chemistry, and the beginnings of a dynamic of caring and concern between their characters.
More+
Flag
Stiles is still my favorite character but Isaac is a pretty close second. Mind you, he's given pretty crappy exposures (always tortured, always in pain) but still was able to eclipse other characters on the show. Give him a solid storyline and Stiles might actually have a competition.
Flag
I am so with you!!! I am Die Hard with a vengence Stiles and this season it's like "Isaac where have you been all my life?"
Dont get me wrong Stiles is and will always be my one and only but congratz to Isaac from winning be over!!!!
Flag
Maybe it is because I'm one of the few male Teen Wolf fans, but I have yet to see the appeal of Isaac, I mean I don't want to see him hurt as much as he is, but he is far from my favorite character, but hey I like him more than I liked Jackson.
Flag
I am also a guy and am with you on all your points. I like Isaac, but don't love him. I mean, I like him more than Boyd and the teacher and Cora thus far, but he isn't jumping over Lydia or Allison or even Mrs. McCall for me. Also agree that he's above Jackson
Flag
So, it might not be what you were getting at, but showrunner Jeff Davis has openly said that Isaac will pose at least a passing threat to Scott and Stiles' friendship. Isaac's burgeoning friendship with Scott is one of my favorites on the show. Their bonds, forced by circumstance but ultimately very organic, are impressive. Certainly, as Scott's relationship with fellow werewolf Isaac grows, his reliance on Stiles as his one and only go-to guy weakens. However, I quite like what this has done for Stiles, who seems to me far more independent than he was earlier in the show, far less a sidekick. He takes his own initiative, he worries about people other than Scott, he engages Lydia as a peer not just a lovable lovestruck fool, and he shows off his own skills as a supernatural detective. And by now, he's earning the respect of the other characters without Scott's mediation, including Dr. Deaton. Ultimately, the more I like Isaac--and that's a lot at this point--the more I also like Stiles. Clearly, everybody wins!
Flag
I do not really see the appeal, sure nice looks but there has not been enough of a character development for me. Stiles is just .. hah looks and hilarity. Each to their own I guess :D
Flag
yea i foresee some jealousy coming from stiles in the future. i hate it because i adore stiles!! i have loved him since the first ep of season one, the actor playing him is just awesome, his timing and delivery of stiles' jokes are always on point. but i love me some isaac too. if scott is forced to chose, which i foresee that possibility in the future, idk who i would want his bromance to be with cuz seeing either one of them cut off from scott would make my heart cry.
Flag
I am so a dylan o'brien fan. I do feel like the show is trying to edge out Stiles a bit when it comes to his friendship with Scott. Isaac seems to be gearing up to take stile's place.
Flag
I agree and I feel like their may be a little bromance struggle, what with Isaac moving in with Scott and all. I feel like their may be a little jealousy on stiles side but I don't know if I can choose between team stiles or team Isaac. This could be an interesting triangle to explore.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members