We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television
If Deaton hadn't shown up when he did, would the Nogistune (I won't call it Stiles) have killed Scott? I lean toward no, or at least it wasn't his intention though I imagine if he hit the spinal cord and shredded it he would have, because he was more twisting the knife as opposed to getting ready to cut him in half, a la, Gerard. I think the Nogistune might want to keep Scott around because while all werewolves can reduce pain, Scott can take on more (as an Alpha) and likely takes it on more himself which makes him the perfect conduit for the Nogistune to feed. And also because who knows how long Kira would be unconscious for and it strikes me that just knocking her unconscious as opposed to killing her right off was because he can't and probably wouldn't want to deal with her if she woke up to find Scott dead.
Comments (16)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I think the nogitsune would've killed Scott, and then he would've turned around and killed Kira. Imagine the chaos this would've caused. Not only would Scott's "pack" been in complete disarray, but Kira's parents would've been devastated and distracted.
Flag
Nope. Nogitsune is not American Psycho. Just a standard crazy villain that likes to torture it's victims. What bothers me more is that we never got the answer on why animals committed suicides at the beginning of the s3. A druid and demon wolf cannot be it, I am hoping Nogitsune is.
Flag
It was for the Darach, Deaton says so late in that season. Some did it to grant her power, some did it out of fear.
Flag
I think he would have killed Scott. If we think about it Stiles/evil fox could have fed all the pain and chaos without Scott absorbing it all anyway. Forcing Scott to do it weakened Scott as well, which really serves a purpose if he wanted kill or beat Scott. Scott poses a threat to him and he knows this because he has Stiles memories. I see no benefit to keeping Scott alive.
Flag
The benefit I saw was that as an Alpha, he can take on more pain than other werewolves and it appears that the Nogistune needs a conduit to get a direct feed. Plus, it would have the added bonus of knowing this particular werewolf would have a hard time actually murdering the vessel it was in and holds the power over most of the other werewolves in town and wouldn't let them do it either (somehow this is where I suspect Peter comes into play).
Flag
I think the conduct can be anyone actually. If think about it all Scott did was take away people's pain and build it up inside of his body. My theory is the evil trickster's chaos is like a venom that effects people and builds up or draws more misery in people for him to feed off of. That's why I think Isaac's wounds won't heal. They aren't regular wounds, but infected with the evil fox's dark mojo. I see no reason to believe Scott is so special or that werewolves and other supernatural beings that can take away pain can only be the conduct for how the Nogitsune feeds. I think if there was such a co-dependence on each other it would have been mentioned by now.

That's why I'm lead to believe he wanted to weaken Scott to kill him and still get his meal he prepared through Scott.
Flag
Yeah but what about his next meal? I suspect Isaac's injuries aren't healing more do to them being electric in nature since various levels of electric current can strip a werewolf ability all the way down to being a human. He needs to heal internally at a human rate before his external can go forward. Chris explained this at the end of season 2. He probably just hadn't gotten to educating Allison yet (and probably wasn't bothering because she wasn't going to be torturing werewolves and her buddy werewolves probably could help her restrain any enemy werewolves and the wands are probably only able to hold one level of charge). I might even suggest taking his pain isn't helpful because pain does tell your body where it needs to focus its healing.
Flag
The next meal he would cause chaos and feed off of it. I don't think he needs a werewolf to do it. You really don't think can feed off humans? I think it is more than electricity otherwise Scott and Alison wouldn't have made a big deal about him not healing yet. Alison would have known the electricity due to her training, but the fact she is still baffled by it suggests this isn't normal.
Flag
I don't think he would have killed him as you said Scott is more or less is source of food as it said it feeds off chaos and pain. However I think he did want to torture him and prove some sort of point, because the look on stiles face was joy. On the other hand I don't think the Nogitsune truly knows how much a treat Kira is, we don't even know how much of a treat she is.
Flag
Yes, I agree. I also vaguely remember after Galvanize that there was all this talk that Kira isn't actually a Kitsune, but she might be something like a Raiju (or something like that) which is a shapeshifter who is made of lightening (fox fire) and can take various shapes. A frequent appearance it puts out there is a Kitsune. While Kira seems to be a celestial or something like that kitsune, she isn't that exactly. But I almost wonder if her aura made her appear to be a kitsune to protect her (or her mother did something) until she came into her powers, so maybe she would be protected at least from all the other Kitsune including the Nogistune (I have a theory they can't kill each other) and heck maybe from most werewolves too who will sense fox and stay away (Scott being the exception because he has some sort of Romeo & Juliet complex). Well, geez, I think I have just decided on my wasting time activity today.
Flag
Erm... the Nogitsune would most definitely have killed Scott. Scott is among its biggest threats, not to mention the chaos/strife/pain the death of the "True Alpha" would have created throughout Beacon Hills.

The Nogitsune doesn't need Scott for anything (it can't pretend to be "normal Stiles" anymore, so it has little hope of manipulating Scott into absorbing pain for another "harvest"), and a lot of reasons to want Scott dead. To a psychopath, it's simple math.
Flag
I didn't think the Nogitsune had planned to kill Scott, either. He seemed to enjoy torturing Scott too much. He liked seeing Scott in pain and he liked the fact that he'd completely fooled Scott (and everyone else). Also, as you've said, since Scott can take on the pain of others, he might be very valuable to the Nogitsune.

I hadn't even pondered why he didn't make an attempt to kill Kira. It just seems like we're going to be stuck for awhile. Let me clear lol: I don't dislike Kira, but I do dislike some of the cheesy stuff they've made her character do. Overall, I think it will be cool to see what she's capable of. I like your idea that the Nogitsune is unable to kill her. She might be just as powerful -or even more- as he is.
Flag
"cheesy stuff" like what
Flag
Feeding Scott at her house and the leap she did in "Letharia Vulpira" are just two examples. And this is just my opinion.
Flag
I have this idea that kitsune can't directly kill each other (of the 13 kinds) which is why Stiles and Kira's mom didn't go directly to war there in the hospital and why she is using the Oni. Like I kept reading about them and I had this circle in my mind where one side can't kill the other. But Kira might be able to exorcise one.

I don't really mind much of what theyve done with Kira. I think they sort of wanted her be the girl version of Scott from season 1.
Flag
Good theory about the kitsune. I think you may be right! :D
Flag
Follow this Show
Members