A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Teen Wolf S03E13: "Anchors"

In the distance, the unmistakable sound of a single flute.

A violin string is delicately plucked. A glockenspiel is ding-ed. A maraca is lifted into position.

Then horns: First the nigh-imperceptible hum of a trumpet, then the plaintive wail of a trombone, then smooth come-ons of the saxophone followed by allllll their friends and neighbors. The horns are building now, growing louder. Is that a tuba? Oh, the horns. The horns! They rumble! Something is coming.

Suddenly an ANGEL CHOIR sings. We didn't see THAT coming but it works. What is this tidal wave of sound? This wall of pure sensation? We can't hear anything over the music and that's the way we want it. Sing to us, angels! Rumble our ribcages, tubas!

We'd grown accustomed to silence, but now that you're here, never leave us again.

Teen Wolf is BACK.

The only good thing about a very perfect TV show going away for four months is it gives us four months to watch other TV shows and truly appreciate just how very perfect that first show really was. In the case of Teen Wolf it has never really aired at the same time as the rest of the heavy hitters in its genre, so there was a risk of forgetting its quality if we're dazzled week in and week out by Angela Bassett giving everybody the stink-eye. But I'm here to tell you that YUP. Teen Wolf stacks up. It more than stacks up. It is absolutely wonderful. Prestige television, even, if this week's artful premiere was anything to judge by. By point of comparison, The Vampire Diaries is still solid in Season 5, but it's been trapped in a repetitive story cycle (and oppressively uninteresting love triangle) for a few seasons now. American Horror Story is VERY excellent right now but it has a sort of haphazard, film student aesthetic which works, yes, but also make the visuals and overall craftsmanship of Teen Wolf feel like a luxurious vacation for the senses. But honestly, it's not even necessary to compare Teen Wolf to other TV shows. Now that it's entered its fourth batch of episodes I think the main takeaway is how fundamentally different is is from really anything we've ever seen. It's the show other shows should now be held up against. Teen Wolf used to feel like a secret, but now the secret's definitely out and it stands proudly alongside the best that in-season prime time has to offer. There's truly nothing else like it.

I'm not sure if this is even in dispute, but last summer's Teen Wolf episode "Motel California" was widely hailed as its best episode in recent memory. A nearly stand-alone episode that explored each character's psyche via Wolfsbane-induced hallucinations, it was scary and emotional and visually astonishing. It might be too soon to draw this comparison, but now it seems like we may be getting an entire SEASON of "Motel California"? This week's premiere "Anchors" was all about the psychoses that Scott, Stiles and Allison are now plagued with as a result of dying during the previous cycle's climax, and this whole episode felt like an art film. Yes, I said it. Teen Wolf is art now. It always kind of was, but now it really is.

So good. Should we talk about it? I think we should talk about it!

It honestly made sense that this cold open, surely the longest in Teen Wolf history, was allll about Stiles. Quite frankly Stiles deserved it. A long cold open, that is. Not the tons of nightmares and mental problems. Poor Stiles!

NOOOOOOOO. Okay so yeah, Stiles was having a nightmare. But then he'd wake up and be super excited that it had only been a nightmare. Except then THAT would be a nightmare. You know the drill. Just do that drill for so many times because that's what happened here. It was a nightmare fiesta, a fiesta of nightmares.

I liked that even his nightmares had nice moments, like this part where Lydia was crashing in Stiles' bed. At first I was like, WOW, a lot of time has passed in this world since the last time we were in Beacon Hills, but no, not very much time had passed. It was just a nightmare zone. And oh look, a darkened doorway, better investigate.

This show has always had very scary moments seemingly drawn directly from Italian slashers or just very good boogeyman movies. You know, with tension and unsettling music and perfect camera work and dream logic. This cold open was basically a master class in that, especially the dream logic part. We've all seen the double, even triple wake-from-nightmare fakeouts, but this whole sequence was so insane and complicated I'm still laughing about it.

Haha oh man. It was especially brutal when Stiles confided in Lydia that he'd had a dream within a dream only to then wake up from THAT dream. And then here, where he told Scott that he still wasn't sure he was even awake, and then SURE ENOUGH. Also I felt very emotional when Stiles' dad ran in and cradled his son in his bed. Those two.

New opening credits! Well, newly color-corrected opening credits (so much red!) with a few new images, like this bloody nightmare mask and Jeff Davis' name getting struck by lightning. Still my favorite opening credits on TV for sure. 

But don't worry, just because the opening credits finally rolled didn't mean the nightmares had ended! First we got this cute, quick scene where Scott and Isaac finally discussed Isaac having a thing for Allison.

Oh boy, I really liked the decision to make Isaac and Scott's rivalry more playful than hateful. It's the beginning of a trend that would show up later in this episode, in which forced romance and rivalries and love triangles are downplayed in favor of friendship and self-determination. So yeah, Isaac's thing with Allison needed to be commented on somehow, and this was such a fun way to do it. (I'm still rooting for Scott and Isaac to end up together sorryyyy.)

Also, having Scott's mom yell at the boys for rough-housing while being supernatural creatures was also so good. I truly think shows like this get good when the peripheral characters start getting informed about the monsters, so to have Scott's mom be such a MOM to these werewolves was just so charming. Scott's Mom is the best. Remember when she got burned alive on The Walking Dead? (Spoiler.) That seemed way harsh. I hope that doesn't happen here.

Anyway, then Allison tried to ride the elevator down from her penthouse apartment but instead wound up in the Beacon Hills hospital where she was followed by herself (?) holding two daggers. And then, because this is horror movie dream logic we're dealing with here, she walked down the dilapidated hallway, entered the morgue, and investigated a strange noise coming from one of the lockers. AS ONE DOES.

Kate Argent! Now my first instinct was to ask why Allison was being haunted by her dead aunt when HER MOTHER would have been so much cooler. But I guess we'd already seen Mrs. Argent show up in a hallucination last season (and she was kinda helpful even), so that would have been inconsistent. And I guess I do think it's cool to see one of the Season 1 big bads back in action. So, no complaints!

I have to say, this kind of freaked me out. Allison just snapped out of her trance and she was already at school! So did that mean she left her apartment and drove to school, the whole time hallucinating she was somewhere else? See, that kind of thing really unsettles me. Lost time, doing things in a trance, not being able to read. Allison and Stiles were having a rough go of it. By comparison Scott's issue was downright AMAZING.

Oh man, I could not have loved this shadow stuff more. First of all, just this imagery is so good, right? And here I thought Teen Wolf had disavowed the original Alpha form, but nope! It's back! It's definitely too much to wish for Scott to eventually morph into this form for real, but still. I just loved the threat of it. 

Oh, hello new Asian student! Did you happen to bring any relevant folklore with you?

So yeah, looks like Scott has a new love interest? This girl's name was Kira and her dad is also a new teacher at the school. She seems fine, who knows.

Then Scott started morphing in the hallway and Stiles' padlock looked like gibberish so they both ran into a classroom and commiserated over how much their lives sucked now.

This is neither here nor there but is it lacrosse season yet in this world? Please let it be lacrosse season. These boys need an outlet.

Meanwhile Lydia was outside trying to help Allison get her archery mojo back but then it turned into nighttime all of the sudden and Kate came running out of the bushes to scream at Allison.

But WHOOPS! She nearly murdered Lydia! That is because it was actually still daytime and Lydia was standing where Kate was. But fortunately Allison was being stalked by an angelface dreamboat statue of David come-to-life werewolf who arrived just in time to catch an arrow with his bare hand and thus preserve Lydia's face and head. Allison felt super bad about it, but if we're being real this is just the sort of thing that banshees have to deal with, so Lydia shouldn't have been surprised.

Meanwhile Sheriff Stilinski was going through all of his old folders and taking another look at all his cold cases (which were all of them, all of his cases were cold cases) because now he knew that monsters were real and had probably eaten most of the people. Again, I am so glad that Sheriff Stilinski is "in the know" because it makes him so much cooler and more competent.

For some reason he seemed extra-eager to solve this 8-year-old case of a girl named Malia whose family had died in a car crash but her body was never found. Had this girl been murdered by monsters? Was this girl a monster herself? Did this girl grow up to look like Shelley Hennig? Nobody knows for sure, least of all Sheriff Stilinski.

Then there was this scene where the clinically insane P.E. teacher started throwing gang signs at Stiles and then everybody shouted at him in sign language.

But then he "woke up" in class and everything was normal, except then Scott was like, "You weren't sleeping." So yeah, life is hard now for Stiles. Just very annoying in general.

This part was great: The whole gang got together to discuss their mental problems and the new girl walked up having overheard them and she started telling them all about Tibetan lore involving trickster coyotes and also dream states that can lead to DEATH.

None of it sounded very chill or fun, so Stiles and Scott decided to go talk to a druid for a second opinion.

Deaton basically just confirmed Kira's yammerings, but he added that the three of them would continue to be insane until they "closed the doors" in their brains that were allowing the crazy in. He didn't actually know how to go about that, but it was a start.

Then Sheriff Stilinski recruited the boys to help him go sniff the dead girl's toys so that Scott could track her scent in the woods. And look who her dad was!

The priest from The Originals! In my opinion this was an example of when casting is a spoiler. Like, come on, you're not going to cast this guy for just a tiny role. So yeah, I'm guessing he probably has a couple of half-naked hunks chained up in his cellar, just my opinion.

This was a funny moment, though: As the Sheriff distracted the man (by telling him that the greatest tragedy of his life was still happening), the boys were upstairs sneaking around and had a run-in with the family guard dog.

Then the dog barked and then stopped barking and then ran away. Phew! 

Meanwhile, Stiles told Scott exactly what their dads were up to. Apparently Scott's dad was attempting to get Stiles' dad fired as sheriff and that's why Stiles' dad was trying to solve this one last case. For old time's sake! But Scott was so hella mad at his dad for being a jerk and he was NOT shy about telling him.

Yeah, Scott's dad definitely sucks. And a lot of that might be because just when it looked like all the parents were fully clued-in about their monster children, in walks this dummy with zero knowledge and 100% 'tude. Get out of here, b-hole.

Scott got so mad at him that he started turning into a werewolf right then and there, but luckily his mom whisked him out of the room and helped him through it. And it was so touching!

This was only a tiny moment in the show but it was very, very important not only to the series but also to the whole genre of young adult thrillers in general? Basically the gist was that in the past Scott had used his love for Allison as his anchor to keep control over his transmogrification, but now that they were broken up, how was he supposed to stay anchored? So his incredible mother told him that he can be his own anchor. Which seems so simple but that is a very sophisticated concept for a show that originally positioned itself as a Twilight descendant. Usually these serials have very soppy romances and love triangles at their core, but this scene has Teen Wolf outright demolishing that notion and therefore severing ties entirely with all its forebears. As Scott's mom told him, he will fall in love again later in life, don't worry. WHICH IS RIGHT. Teen Wolf is directly exposing the #1 lie of all teen drama, that your first love is somehow your best and only love, by saying that nope, it isn't actually. It's merely the first. Better and richer love comes later, after you've figured out who you are as a person. I really and truly loved this moment. It felt weirdly transgressive too. Anyway, yeah. Well done.

Then Allison had a sex dream about Isaac because her brain isn't ALL bad.

But whoops! Just when he'd finally removed his shirt Aunt Kate had to murder him!

But it was just a dream of course. Because oh yeah, Isaac and Allison hadn't even kissed yet let alone shirtless hugged. But in my opinion this meant that Allison definitely wanted to do those things with him. Allison is a VERY sympathetic character. (Also, is she an orphan now?) 

Then Stiles and Scott went into the woods to find that missing girl, if only to show up Scott's dumb dad. First Scott dropped his phone into a mud puddle and it didn't break (which I THINK was supposed to be a product placement but it was so weird and who cares), and then they found the original crashed car that the girl had disappeared from. And sure enough, tons of werewolf marks were on it.

But then something growled at them from the woods and Scott chased it!

It was THIS thing! But it wasn't like the normal werewolves we'd seen on the show. It was more like the one Derek's mom had turned into (a.k.a. an actual wolf a.k.a. my least favorite kind of werewolf a.k.a. ugh).

In Scott's opinion this wolf was actually Malia, the missing girl. We'll see about that! If so, she's been living in the woods for eight years and also can turn when it's not a full-moon. Now it's only a matter of how long it takes for Shelley Hennig to enroll in the high school, right?

I only am posting this freeze-frame because I am a jerk and now I know what day this scene was filmed. How's your summer going, everybody??

HAHAHA the final twist was the best of all possible twists. Derek and Peter Hale shirtless and flexing against a chain link fence with tons of torture tools nearby. WHAT was going ON?

The point is we DIDN'T know what was going on, just that Derek was super mad at Peter about it. Remember, the last time we saw Peter he had successfully manipulated Derek into giving up his Alpha powers in exchange for saving the life of Mary Queen of Scots and then Peter Hale ran up to the Nematon and yelled at the sky about being an Alpha or whatever. Look, who cares. The main thing to know is that both of them had been doing A LOT of CrossFit and now somebody was zapping them on a chain link fence.

In my opinion it was the priest from The Originals doing it. Who would our other options be? Allison's dad? Kira's dad? Kendra from Buffy? I don't know. Don't ask me, why are you even asking me? I said I don't know. But holy moly, those Hales.

YOU KNOW HOW THIS WORKS. This premiere was basically the overture, the opening salvo, the introduction to a 12-episode saga. It wasn't totally plot-heavy and there was next-to-no satisfying conclusions to be had. That's the point! What we got was a wonderful setup with tons of intrigue and some astonishingly filmed horror sequences. I usually hate dream sequences in horror because they are a stakes-free zone, but Teen Wolf has cracked the code on making them both interesting and important to the story. Yes, it helped that this show has always felt pretty dreamlike, but this season already feels like "Motel California" writ large and I am EXCITED about that. Let's see how it plays out though! At the very least there promises to be a black-light makeout rave, so if that's not reason to live, I don't know what is.

So excited Teen Wolf is back. TOO excited.

BYE

QUESTIONS

... Who is shocking those Hales?

... Should people stop physically abusing Isaac?

... Is Scott's dad the worst?

... Who had the worst mental problems: Stiles, Scott, or Allison?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/8/2016

Season 5 : Episode 20

329 Comments
Comments (329)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Yay for Teen Wolf being back!!! Stiles' mental problems were freaking me out the most, because of the not being able to read thing, and because it was just so unclear if he was EVER actually awake. Scot and Allison seemed to have a better grasp on whether they were waking or sleeping. Whoever is shocking those Hales, I like them for deciding to take off their shirts first. :)
Flag
Scott + Isaac 5ever!

Also, I knew I recognized that man, but didn't realize it was the priest from The Originals until you said so. That reminds me of when one of the moms on The Vampire Diaries was also one of the moms on Teen Wolf.
Flag
One of my favourite shows is back! And it started with a bang!

It never ceases to amaze me, how great TW has become, starting from a nice supernatural teenage romance and now turning into something far more deeper, darker and a totally extraordinary experience...

This episode was exceptionally: The visuals, the ideas, the haunting of our most beloved Stiles, the nightmarish sequences, eploited to the bitter end...

Best way to commence this season and certainly there is much more to expect!
Flag
I don't know whose mental problems were the worst, but Stiles' sure were more intriguing than the others'! Since watching the trailer for this season a while back, I loved the idea that this time, Stiles would be under the spotlight a lot more. He's an excellent character and I'd love to see more and more of him!

I also thought that Malia's dad was the one keeping them locked in that cellar. Maybe he knows what Peter turned his daughter into and he's getting revenge? I'm going on a limb here.

Isaac getting abused is turning into a big thing in this show. And since I'm loving Isaac/Allison, I'm thinking they're going to use it as an excuse to get her to help him heal. Don't we just love a good ol' angsty romance?
Allison/Scott was getting really tiresome, for me. It was just too obvious.

Which leads me to... Kira. LOVED HER. But, also, it's tremendously obvious what they're trying to do with her and Scott. But HEY! I'm not complaining! The looks those two shared totally shot through my heart with an arrow!

And finally, what I love about the show so much is how involved these parents are. (Yeah, sometimes they seem to be non-existant, but seriously, it's a teen show, what did you expect?) Mama McCall is a bad-ass and I love her so much. Stiles' dad too. All the more now that they're in on it! Agent McCall... I feel something big is coming with him, FBI-wise. (I hope so, at least!) And it's going to help build up Scott's character so much, if they play it right. Papa Argent, with him, I KNOW he's up to something. After swearing he'd never let his daughter be hurt by the supernatural again, you've got to believe him. There's no doubt in my mind that he's cooking up a plan of immense magnitude.

This show has moved up on my Favourites List (TVD's love triangle needs to stop now!) and I love it more and more with each new episode. If only I could get my friends to watch it! But every time I mention it, they roll their eyes and look at me like I've lost it, like this is a child's show. NO SIR! It is a GREAT SHOW!!!

Looking forward to watching last night's epi!
More+
Flag
It was a pretty amazing start to the second half of the season. The show keeps getting more intense and it makes it a lot better... just need to see Scott stand up to his dad and give him a good ass kicking!
Flag
Brilliant recap! Can't wait for tonight's episode! This show is so Beyond guilt pleasure, it's just downright good!
Flag
I re-watched the show this past Sunday and thought I saw a small flash of jealousy on Allison's face when Scott mentioned Kira's name after she walked up to them and gave them the info about oriental demons. So I'm guessing she hasn't completely moved on from Scott, even though she's having wild nightmares about Isaac. ;)
Flag
I loved the first part of the episode: dark, nightmare-like, so full of madness! I mean, Allison almost killing Lydia was the best! She really is so dangerous! And Stiles is just amazing, but I'm still unsure if I want him to became supernatural like a druid.

But then, I don't know, Malia's story suddenly became so important because reasons. I know, Scheriff Stilinski now wants to solve every case supernatural-related, but isn't it weird that the Hales never happened to cross the coyote? If it really is a were-coyote, I'm confused about it because of the comments here, I just thought that was a weird wolf XD
I was actually disappointed because I was sure he was going to investigate on the woman who told him his wife was gonna die: surely a Banshee, so to discover something on Lydia...
Flag
So now Derek and Peter are comic reliefs? :P I thought this scary episode was one of the best episodes of the show and I wasn't really a fan of the first half of this season. I am excited about it again now.
Flag
I think the person torturing Peter andma man crush is someone who has anger and the will to put himself in danger maybe that guy who lost his fambam. I like Isaac alot he's likemy 4th fav of the show because of his loyalty but I think he's gonna bite the dust this season.Scotts dad is secretly sheriff stilinski..True... Stiles hands down has it the worst, dark days are ahead of him
Flag
Nooo! Isaac is too pretty to die!! Bad, bad prediction! :)
Flag
He's badass but his loyalty is going to get him killed if he dies it will be on his terms
Flag
Teen Wolf was AWESOME! I can only hope the rest of the season will be just as thrilling...I'm sure it will be, since TW rarely disappoints. :) My poor Stiles...I hope the writers don't completely break him: his witty side comments are genius, and something he can't contribute if he's fearing for his sanity all the time!
Q's:
-Who is shocking the Hales? Only time will tell. (No really, I haven't thought that much about it. Can't say.)
-Should people stop physically abusing Isaac? Probably, but when he insists on them physically punishing him (ie:Scott hitting him...) all bets are off. (Plus, call me crazy, but I'm still hoping for Allison and Scott to get back together at some point. I know, I know; it probably won't happen, but still. I liked them together. This does not change the fact, however, that Isaac is extremely sexy. )
-Is Scott's dad the worst? Yes. Yes, he is.
-Who has the worst mental problems: Scott, Stiles, or Allison?
I'm gonna rank Stiles' issues first, since his seem most-plainly severe. (I've gotta hand it to Mr. Dylan O'Brien...very good acting!) Next, Allison; although I don't usually worry too much about her. She can handle herself perfectly well in the real world; but a fake one...we'll have to wait and see. And lastly, Scott's issues. If his biggest problem is "lack of control" when transforming, well boo-hoo. Sorry Scott, but the boy with the horrific dream-within-a-dream-within-a-dream sequences wins. :)
More+
Flag
Finally, someone other than me who wants Scott and Allison to get back together. :P I keep holding out hope that they'll become a couple again but when Melissa told Scott to be his own anchor, it made their breakup seem so much more final than before.
Flag
I want them to be back together only to have a proper break up. They broke up after Allison's mother died, she was in shock etc, but it was showed in 3A that they still had some feeling for each other. I've loved Melissa's speech :D I would have liked them to break up because their love finished on its own though.
Flag
Ugh I love this show.
That is pretty much the only thing that I kept saying to myself.
Everything was so damn awesome in it, especially Sheriff running in and hugging his (poor) panicking son.
God Peter and Derek being shocked.
How hot was that?
Teen wolf is giving me weird fetishes tbh!
Flag
.. Who is shocking those Hales? Absolutely no idea :)
... Should people stop physically abusing Isaac? Haha well he does use the 'I was in a freezer for most of my childhood'- excuse randomly now, so let's assume he has dealt with his past. He does seem to be a glutton for punishment, I mean asking Scott to punch him.. The absolute honourable thing to do :) So sorry, Isaac is one of the best things that happened to this show (even though I think his smile is creepy sometimes)
... Is Scott's dad the worst? Yup. Nice jaw, though.
... Who had the worst mental problems: Stiles, Scott, or Allison? I think Stiles' are the worst and will continue to escalate, but Allison is obviously the most immediate threat because she seems to black out.. a lot. And Isaac won't always be around to save damsels in distress. Or will he :D?
Flag
Teen Wolf - so stylish, so fun, so sweet, so full of ideas, so original but wryly aware of all the genres it touches. So well shot, so well plotted. So well acted. So WEIRD.
Flag
Stiles is Forsure something! You go stiles! Get your supernatural power! Lol
Flag
So glad this show is back!!! I am LOVING the AlphaShadow and Nightmarescapes that Scott, Stiles and Allison are going through. Just awesome. Love the reviews, Price, keep them coming, and let's enjoy the heck out of this bonus offering of one of the greatest supernatural dramas ever!!
Flag
I missed these recaps so much! The best moments of the episode, in my opinion, were when Stiles' Dad comforted him after his nightmare and when Melissa comforted Scott and told him to be his own anchor. I loved those moments and I'm just so happy that both parents finally know the truth.

I can't stand Scott's father. At ALL. But somebody had to be the a**hole, right?
Flag
I think the worst one with nightmares is Stiles. Yes, Allison nearly killed Lydia, but at least she can snap out of her episodes. Stiles can't even tell if he's in a dream or it's actually real, and apparently he can only wake up by screaming as loud as he can in his sleep.

My only question now is, where are the twunks and Danny?
Flag
Yes, I miss Danny!
Flag
I think we're supposed to see the twins within the first few episodes, if I'm not mistaken.
Flag
I'm not the only one that missed baby matt damons
Flag
"As Scott's mom told him, he will fall in love again later in life, don't worry. WHICH IS RIGHT. Teen Wolf is directly exposing the #1 lie of all teen drama, that your first love is somehow your best and only love, by saying that nope, it isn't actually. It's merely the first. Better and richer love comes later, after you've figured out who you are as a person. I really and truly loved this moment. It felt weirdly transgressive too. Anyway, yeah. Well done."

SO MUCH THIS! Great episode overall, but this one moment really stood out from the rest. Honestly, hearing it on a show like this totally shocked me. Shows of this nature are usually all about the fated OTP that is established in episode 1. If they truly let Scott and Allison be friends without some overblown reunion in the future, Teen Wolf will have done something truly extraordinary.
Flag
YES! That was amazing! That they're going to try to do something no other show's managed to do, and to do it right? AWESOME stuff right there.
Flag
I really disliked the previous (half) season. The story didn't make sense, the characters behaved in ways that didn't make sense, and the fights were the worst I've seen since the original Star Trek. Everyone was just posing and growling in ridiculous ways. So I'm watching the first episodes of season 3b to determine if I'm going to keep watching.

I'm not a fan of hallucinations and dreams in TV shows, so I hope that this isn't going to continue for long. But I thought the episode was OK apart from that. The best thing about it: The twins weren't in it. That was a happy surprise. I thought that they had been made into regular characters. I guess I must have misunderstood something I read here.

I didn't really like how the Japanese girl got to meet the group. They're so sloppy that they talk about the supernatural stuff were people can hear them? She just happens to know everything about the thing they're talking about? That made it look like the writers think all Asians know each other or something. (It was a Tibetan legend, not a Japanese one). How could she be sure that they were talking about a supernatural thing and not just someone's mental illness? If she wasn't sure, it was really weird to go over there to explain how it's all supernatural. If she was sure, then it was weird that she didn't seem curious about why they were talking about it.

All things considered, it was an OK start. I will watch at least two more before I decide if I'm going to continue or drop it.
More+
Flag
I disagree with a lot of what you said, but not all of it. Would the Asian girl's eavesdropping scene make more sense to you if she were the new werewolf in the woods? It would explain how she could overhear them and know what they were talking about. That's where I think its going. And how cool would it be for Scott to have a girlfriend who also is a werewolf? I'm watching this season all the way through. This was an amazing episode.
Flag
I actually liked her introduction. The way the Scooby Gang just talks about their supernatural shenanigans around everyone else without anyone noticing is crazy. I'm glad finally *someone* overheard them.
Flag
You have a point. If they always talk like that, it's a good thing that someone heard them.
Flag
By the way, Crystal Reed has the best legs on TV.
Flag
Ahhh love you recaps! I think Stiles has the worst side effects because they others know when they are hallucinating (or changing into a wolf). Not knowing if you are in the real world and not being able to read is some scary shit!
Flag
Another HILARIOUS part was when Stiles picked up the doll from the car and it said "I'M HUNGRY" and scared the living shit out of them lololol
Flag
It came to me in a dream - hey its 6am here! Derek and Peter are being held by the creepy guy we saw in one of the previews raking an electic cable along a wire fence.
Flag
Great photorecap as usual! In spite of the bits of humour (Derek glaring at Peter, Scott & Isaac's 'talk' about Allison...), Teen Wolf felt quite dark between these awful nightmare-state condition and Stiles's dad being chased by Scott's douchedad... But it is not a bad look IMO, the whole plot is quite intriguing and going beyond wolfy plots which is refreshing...
Flag
Didn't Kate electrocute Derek? Isn't it possible that Girard was the one to kidnap them? Or someone on his behalf?
Flag
Maybe it's not the argents, electrocuting is the only thing that weakens wolves and keeps them from turning (meaning using fangs and claws), every hunter should know that..
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I said this very thing to my husband. I remember Kate doing that to Derek in season 1, so I thought it was either Gerard or another Argent holding Derek & Peter and shocking them. (Maybe just another hunter who is associated with the Argents).
Flag
I don't think it was Gerard, but definitely another hunter maybe related to the Argents or completely different. gerard is still sick, and they gave no reason to think his sickness has left him.
Flag
It's possible Scott cured him when he took his pain. We have don't know for sure.

Plus, anything could have happened in the time jump. If Derek can cure kira, and Jennifer cure DEMON WOLF eyes, I think the odds of Gerard finding some supernatural healer are rather high.

Not positively saying it was him, but that it could be him.
Flag
Please. MORE SHIRTLESS HALES.
Flag
"But fortunately Allison was being stalked by an angelface dreamboat statue of David come-to-life werewolf who arrived just in time to catch an arrow with his bare hand"

haha, Price you're the best
Flag
Meanwhile in the UK, Sky Living have dumped Teen Wolf! So no season 3 in the UK at all. I am absolutely shocked. Totally fantastic show and no channel in the UK is showing it anymore. I am beyond sad:(
Flag
Wow! That's nuts! I wonder why.
Flag
All I can think is low viewing numbers. I don't know anyone who watches it at all...the same channel dumped Chuck and never showed the final season. So annoying. Thank god for the internet huh?!:)
Flag
it was a fine episode I guess, but I kept having trouble telling if it was a dream or if they were awake.. honestly I'm going to come right out and say it, Stiles is a better character than Scott so I'm glad he got more of a plot this time. and maybe it's me but Isaac seemed less buff than he did when he kept taking his shirt off in 3A lol yes they should stop abusing Isaac, poor kid's had it rough enough. however the dream strangle didn't give me the usual sense of worry for him because I could tell that wasn't real and that Allison could tell Scott had interest in that new girl so her subconscious had dream-Isaac tell her he had moved on and so should she.
Flag
Great first episode for Season 3B. To date I've tended to like the earlier seasons while still enjoying the later seasons, but I think this was one of the better episodes out of all the seasons so far so if they keep it up this could be the best season yet. I thought the vibe was a nice combination of the best / lighter parts of Season 1 along with the depth of the Motel California episode (which I agree is one of the best to date - I still rewatch the scene between Stiles and Scott sometimes).

First, in terms of Price's questions:
1. who is shocking those Hales? A. The Orca (obviously). We all know what they are like;
2. should people stop physically abusing Isaac? A. No. It is his thing. Like Derek getting shocked or Stiles not getting any.
3. is Scott's dad the worst? A. Well, no. Other relatives have been worse (MOUNTAIN ASH!!!). But he is pretty lame so far. And why would the FBI be impeaching local Sheriffs? Didn't Stiles dad get fired once already (so couldn't they just fire him again - all seems a bit fishy);
4. who has the worst mental problems? A. Allison is probably the worst since she is physically active during her blackouts and almost killed someone already. Stile's seem the most severe though.

Other comments. Some of the dream mythology seems odd. I haven't heard you can't read in dreams or that people have too many fingers (that was in the preview on Wolf Watch). What I know is that apparently you only dream in black and white. Making Stiles colour blind would be a bit of a filming nightmare (haha - see what I did there?).

So far I think the dream sequences work well. Some people have suggested there is no 'risk' associated with the dreams which undermines their effectiveness. I am not sure I agree. First, we care about the characters so the impact of these dreams on them matters, even if what happens in the dream is just a dream. Second, as we've seen with Allison, what happens in the dream can have real world consequences.

I think the new image in the credits is an ONI (some sort of oriental demon).

I would have liked to have seen more of the regular characters. I know the first two episodes apparently should be treated as one (more or less) but they could have put Danny and the twins in a classroom or hallway. I kinda miss the lacrosse too.

I am not sure I am happy about the were coyote. Are there were versions of everything? Are our heroes going to be menaced in due course by a were chicken or were frog? The dreaded were turtle? Oh no - it is coming at us... very ... very ... s l o w l y ...

Finally, did anyone catch Wolf Watch after the main show? I did. I actually found it a bit painful. It was very MTV in a way the show itself isn't. I appreciate I am not MTV's target audience so I'm curious as to what others thought. The host is pretty bad and I thought Dylan seemed a bit off... and not in a good Stiles sort of way. Ironically, Tyler seemed the most natural.

Nice tweet from Colton by the way (I forget who captured it below but it seemed pretty nice all things considered).

I usually don't watch the episodes as they come out. I try to hold out and pvr them all so I can binge later, but if they keep up this level of quality I may have to keep watching every week...

More+
Flag
My dreams, or at least my nightmares, have always been in full color, surround sound, and even fully scented "productions". There were times when I wasn't even sure a specific dream/nightmare wasn't really happening. It's not only frightening, it affects my entire outlook that day. So I can really empathize with what's happening to Stiles.
Flag
Couple of stuff:

1) Regarding the Sheriff, yes, he was fired before. Then he was rehired after the Kenema killed half the police force. I think that the point is that Scott's dad is perhaps trying to get the job for himself.

I mean it's the only reason I can think of to send an FBI agent to a rather small obscure town and from his perspective it's a way to stay close to his son.

2) Yes the dreams are deadly,they almost killed Lydia or made Scott expose himself.

3) As for that mask thing, isn't that supposed to be DEMON-WOLF?!? I thought it reminded me of his greyish appearance with a possible "upgrade" of sorts.
After all, all Jennifer did was heal his eye, I don't see why he should have lost his powers.

4) Regarding the coyote, remember they stated that sometimes, people don't turn into werewolves. Derek turned into a Kenema... It's possible this girl turned into something else.

5) Haven't seen wolf watch (yet), but I'm not looking all that thrilled to it. The previous sessions were fine a season opener\finale sort of thing. But every single week?
Have we learned nothing from Talking Dead?
It gets old fast.

More +
Flag
For #3, I am pretty sure it is an oriental demon mask (matches the theme of 3B); and for #4 I think it was Jackson who turned into the were lizard.
Flag
So I just have to get this out of the way first. Your photo recaps are essential viewing for me whenever I watch a new episode of Teen Wolf. Sometimes I don't think anyone could possibly love the show more than me and than I read your words and I feel comforted. This show is so amazing and continues to impress with some of the subtle things they do that's just different than anything else out there.

I loved this episode. It was overstuffed and it was great. First episodes of the season are hard, very difficult. Because you have to check in on where the characters are, you have to introduce what the season is going to be about it and you have to hook the audience. They absolutely did. There was so many standout moments that I don't want to forget them. I think by far, the episode's MVP for me were split between Stiles (who can be heartbreaking in one scene and hilarious a second later which is just so damn good) and Melissa McCall (who we saw outside of her scrubs and wasn't working 40000000 hours at the Melissa McCall General Hospital).

I too love how amazing that scene between her and Scott was, where she told him something that teens sometimes don't realize (because everything is life-shattering sometimes in the life of a teenager ... in teen wolf, there may be some truth to that), first loves are important but you will and can love deeply, truly, madly and incredibly more than once. This is the show that I want my teenage niece to watch. Not something where the lead has a codependent relationship with someone that subsumes their entire being. I don't want that love for anyone (it's their choice I know) and I don't want to have to see it on everything I watch.

There was so much to love about this episode, including the rando scene of Derek and Peter tied up (who is is equally ripped as Derek which is insane).

I guess the one thing that I didn't like it something that you mentioned towards the end. I don't like them playing Isaac's abuse history or the fact that he's a teenage orphan for shits and giggles. It's not funny. It's not amusing. I like that they are trying a different approach to the whole Isaac, Scott and Allison situation. I'm even okay with the comedy. But I would prefer we not make light of his complex history if possible. Also, was it me or was it weird that he was just sitting at the Core Four table like it was normal. Everyone seems to contribute but him. He seems kind of the odd man out but maybe that will change.

Anyway, long response but I'm excited for the new season and also excited for more photo-recaps from you. They are most appreciated!
More+
Flag
I didn't even get to the meat of your review without being stopped by one comment in particular:

American Horror Story has a film student aesthetic? I'm sorry, but have you been a film student?

Their cinematography is stellar. Maybe you're referring to their deliberate technique to capture a particular unnerving aesthetic, but in no way is it low budget. Teen Wolf is most likely shot on the same camera, The Epic, which is common for most shows of that caliber. However, it's the shot choices and art directing that give each show their individual characterization.
Flag
I'm so glad you identified the father as the priest from Originals - I knew he looked familiar but couldn't place him.
  • Not sure who has the Hales. Definitely could be the father guy. Hope it's not Gerard - he totally creeps me out. But really - those Hale guys can't take a trick and where is Cora? Can't wait to see why Peter was with them - at the end of 3b it seemed he stayed when Derek and Cora left. So, did he go to them (in NY?) or are they in Beacon Hills?
  • Since I don't think Isaac views what Scott is doing as abuse - it's OK: Isaac challenges his Alpha and gets the response he expects. Also, Isaac's brother Camden was older so I think he would see this as normal 'brotherly' interaction/love rather than abuse like how his father dealt with him after Camden died.
  • Scott's dad is a jerk - but I think he will show some redeeming features eventually - unlike Gerard. Maybe fake the info he provides his bosses as part of the investigation.
  • Stiles' nightmares scared me more than any of the others' issues. My heart was racing so if it was actually happening to me I think it would be panic attack central - not sure if you can have an actual panic attack while dreaming though. Scott's next - looks like it will get worse before it gets better. Alison - that girl needs to be supervised closely - sounds like a job Isaac would be up for!
More+
Flag
LOVED IT! I kept waiting for Stiles to wake up the entire episode too, hehe.
Poor Stiles, he definitely got the worst out of the three. At least Allison should be able to tell she's dreaming.
I don't like the reasoning that you can know you're dreaming because you can't read stuff. I always read words and such when I'm dreaming. Maybe it's my brain tricking me, but reading and thinking you're reading has the same effect if you're dreaming. There's no difference.

I think that for a scary effect, Allison's mother wouldn't have worked as well as her aunt does. I mean, Allison wouldn't readily be scared of her mom, would she? Sure, Mrs Argent was scary, hehe, but not towards Allison. And I think her aunt would have more of a reason to come across as hating her. I'm still wondering if there's any truth in that hallucination.

Anyway, great episode! I love it when Teen Wolf does this crazy stuff, and if the whole season is going to be a la Motel California, bring it on. :)
Flag
Teen Wolf! Teen Wolf! Teen Wolf!
Flag
Ditto on all comments, AMAZING opening episode. very excited about the rest of the season.

Can I just say though...it's CIARA...not KIRA...why do they always get the spelling of Irish names wrong on American television. Also the Darach in the first part of season 3 is a word based on an old Irish word for Oak-Dair- this was also pronounced wrongly. Surely it can't be too hard to talk to an Irish person in America and get the pronunciation right! just a disgruntled Irish lass...who don't get me wrong, thinks the show is fab!
Flag
From all the reviews I've read of the episode, her name was spelled K-I-R-A.
Flag
Because her first name is Japanese, not Irish, and is romanized as Kira.
Flag
why do they always get the spelling of Irish names wrong on American television

Because it's american television and not Irish television?
Flag
Well thank you for the laugh. Her name is Kira. But thank you.
Flag
IMDB has the character listed as Kira as well.
Flag
I agree about the Darach, but since the girl is supposed to be Chinese (Tibetan?), I'm pretty sure they didn't take after the Irish name.
Flag
Did I miss something? Who said what's-her-face was Irish?
Flag
Yea the girl is Asian and though the actress is Korean I don't think they've said what her ethnicity either but Kira is both Japanese and Chinese name if they want her to pass as either of those.
Flag
Since her last name is Yukimura, she's at least partially Japanese. Ironically, the Japanese name echoes the (probably) onomatopoetic phrase "kira kira" (to sparkle, twinkle) rather than the Gaelic etymology of similarly pronounced Ciara (dark one).

However, it is also my understanding that some Japanese characters in various media, including one notably in the popular manga series Death Note, pun the name Kira with the Japanese pronunciation of English "killer," though the former is written in kanji and the latter usually in katakana making them visually distinguishable if both transliterated as "kira".
Flag
First thing I have to mention. Malia is not a wereWOLF, she's a coyote. Which changes the context of her father putting up rat traps to drive off a coyote. It's nice to see them have some Native American folklore added to the show.
Who is shocking those Hales?...
Someone Peter met on Craig's list.

Should people stop physically abusing Isaac?
I have mixed feelings about this. It's a very unhealthy dynamic for humans. It's a normal dynamic in a wolf pack. Isaac seems to be the least human and most canine of all the show's werewolves. And considering that Scott's repressed emotions can grow fangs and claws it's likely a good idea for Isaac, as the only Beta in Scott's pack, to be the one to draw out Scott's anger before the next full moon as an Alpha.

... Is Scott's dad the worst?
This show has plenty of rotten fathers. Agent McCall is certainly a lousy dad. Why the hell hasn't he recused himself from investigating someone with so many ties to his son and ex-wife?

Scott and Allison actually have the same problem. The darkness that they invited into their own hearts in order to save their parents can corrupt them into becoming monsters. Allison knowingly seduced a teenage boy so that she could burn his entire extended family to death. Scott has seen how monstrous some of the other Alphas became - and his only remaining pack member is Isaac.
Something different is happening to Stiles. A friend of mine suggested that since he opened his mind to the Nemeton it is rewriting his mind to become a druid. That explains how he could dream accurate ASL when he doesn't speak it. His awakening could be a very good thing.
More+
Flag
"Who is shocking those Hales?
-someone Peter met on Craig's list"

LMFAO!! OMG, that's priceless...and I can so see that being Peter's fault!

Interesting point about Isaac's behavior, I hadn't thought of that. But when you think of it, it does make sense.

Kate was the Argent who seduced the chem teacher and burned the Hale family, not Allison.
Flag
Interesting point about Stiles. I want him to be Derek's emissary really badly. I just never pictured it this painful. But if they go that way, that teh darkness is actually teaching him things to prepare him for he is meant to be and it's a case of tough love to sort of keep the balance, I could get behind that.
Flag
... Who is shocking those Hales? Don't know but I must thank him/her/it for this little fanservice part...Ok it was nice to see Isaac shirtless, but Peter isn't so bad to watch

... Should people stop physically abusing Isaac? Yes totally I don't think they can abuse him mentally or he'll break
... Is Scott's dad the worst? Maybe not in real's world but in Teen Wolf's world totally, he can't compete with Papa Stilinski, Scott's amazing's mum, or Badass's Argent....I think only Gerard is worst.
Stiles cause he is my favorite (I know it's not relevant....)

Real question isn't if the wolf is Malia, or when the new girl is going to turn into a kitsune (and what can looks like a wolf-kitsune's hybrid, maybe the priest from the originals will know, after all he is used to deal with hybrids....)
The real question is where is Mary Queen Of Scotts !!????
Flag
Not just where is Kira but where's the wonder twins?
Also why isn't anyone the least bit interested in Lydia? So they just said "she's a banshee" and that's it?
She isn't interested if she has powers? If she is in danger? Lethal weaknesses?

Also, slight confusion, isn't Kitsune a fox?
I thought she was a coyotee
Flag
I am not sure she is a kitsune but as she is Asian I thought she could be a kitsune (which is a japanese legend as she is supposed to be japanese), if her character was korean I would have said a Gumiho which is a nine tailed fox :P
But maybe she is a coyote, still I wonder if an hybrid can exist.
Maybe the twins are out of town, after all they only registered at school to watch Scott, now they aren't under the demon wolf anymore they probably don't need to go to school anymore.

For Lydia maybe they will developp it afterwards, cause it was just the "exposition" episode basically telling us:
- the 3 have their minds breaking
- there is a new student and she probably knows "weird" stuff
- the subplot will be about Malia
- Derek and the mad but cute Uncle got problems (again), and it's the uncle 's fault (again)
Flag
Yeah, it seems they're going asian in this storyline, but I got a more native american vibe style thing going with the coyote.

The wonder twins are still in town, they mentioned that they'll be going through stuff in the cast interview before the season break

I realize it's just the openning episode and clearly they had a lot of stuff to shove in, but... I'm sorry that's really not an excuse to ignore Lydia like that. They either should have cut her from the episode or at the very least throw a line about it.

In fact, one of my all time favorite things about this show is that when Scott turned doggie boy, Stiles was constantly all about trying to measure his abilities. What he can and cannot do.
He tried to do the same with Lydia last time, but now? When they know for a fact what she is? It doesn't seem like anyone cares.

We have Lydia herself, miss "I read a lot", mr vet\druid guy for convinient plot exposition and a family of supernatural creature hunters near by and I am willing to put money on the fact that in a couple episodes, she or someone else will raise the issue of something that is up with her, and *then* she'll go to do any of the above as if nobody thought of it before.
More +
Flag
Does anyone else think that Stiles is/or is becoming...a druid? That maybe he's Scott's "ambassador"? That could explain the weird symbols and latin-esque writing he's seeing. Also, pulling from previous seasons, he was the only one who could spread that tiny bottle of mountain ash around that club and make it go all the way around. Also, he's the only one who seems oddly drawn to the Nemeton.

I think Allison's, Scott's, and Stiles' "mental problems" may be (in part, at least) a growing of their own power and knowledge. Twisted versions now, for sure, but...in the end, perhaps Allison will be able to shoot a target with her eyes closed, and track demons as a 6th sense? Scott's an alpha now, but we don't know much about his new abilities. Perhaps he CAN transform into the season 1 Alpha form now, and that's why he's struggling with more difficulty in controlling his changing. Maybe Stiles is a druid and just can't put the pieces together yet.

Can't wait to see where this half of the season takes us!

Lydia: "I read!"
Flag
I don't know if you get "truned" into a druid, aren't they sort of "clerical" in nature? (no pun intended)

You just have to study the rituals.

From what DEMON WOLF said about Jennifer, he mentioned that she prays to gods. I don't see Stiles really going the religious route.

On the other hand, season 2 did give him some weird moment when he completed the ash circle by faith... who knows.
Flag
Well, I don't think just anyone can be a druid just because they study. In most lore, you are "chosen" or "born into" a druid lineage or have some weird magical connection. I just always see Stiles helping Scott figure things out, and kinda being his "adviser" in a way, so the whole Druid/Emmissary/Life Coach/Helper thing doesn't seem that far of a stretch. But maybe it's just my wishful thinking? Lol. I would LOVE to see Stiles in that role officially!
Flag
Never thought about Stiles and a druid connection!!!
Ps. FIrefly is one of my favs!!!
Flag
Me too! Long live the Brown Coats!
Flag
Kendra from Buffy x'D You crack me up. I'm sure its the priest from The Originals too who had Derek and Peter shirtless in chains.
Flag
Anyone else get the feeling that new Asian girl's father (the teacher) is shady? For some reason I figured he might even be the demon thing from the opening credits, basically because it would be unexpected and because his daughter seemed to know a lot about Asian voodoo.
Flag
Beacon Hills high has some of the shadiest faculty lol
Flag
Haha yeah exactly
Flag
This episode was intense. I liked how Scott, Stiles, and Allison had to deal with the fallout from their deaths. Meanwhile, poor Derek. This always happens to him.

The whole losing your mind thing: is it rare for a show aimed at teens to do this type of storyline? I mean, I can't really see TVD or PLL doing something like this.
Flag
Poll

Flag
More complex characters too. It definitely wipes them out the picture when comes to school/parents and whatever main problem. But also the character are complex and don't seem to fight the same battles time after time.
Flag
I love this show!

What can I say, but wow, what an opening! Stiles is having serious issues with retaining his sanity. This is exactly what I was afraid of, with him being the most "typical teen" of the 3 sacrifices, he has the least capability of dealing with his new darkness. And this effect may have a long-term consequences; we're talking some serious PTSD issues that may affect his ability to function in his everyday life...yikes!

That being said, I really think Allison's issues are the most frightening, especially for anyone around her when she goes into that fugue state. I mean she nearly killed Lydia, and drove to school while hallucinating she was in the hospital morgue. That puts the whole "driving under the influence" in a completely new category of OMFG! And where is her father while she's going through this mess??

Scott's issues are dangerous to those around him as well, but I think he has the greatest chance of controlling them since he already has experience controlling his wolfiness. So I'm not too concerned, but he does need to find his new anchor pretty quick.

BTW, Scott's dad is a d$%#!

I like how they've introduced Kira; her father made it absolutely impossible to be anything other than an outsider for at least a few weeks, so she'll gravitate towards the other "strange" group, which has already started happening. And I like that Scott's already noticed her and seems to like her. He needs a distraction from the blossoming Allison/Isaac romance.

Scott and Isaac, what can I say except "sibling rivalry", what a kick. I just think its awesome that Isaac finally gets to be part of a healthy family dynamic. And as long as the Scott and Isaac keep "discussing" their angst about the whole Allison/Isaac thing, this "sibling rivalry" should stay relatively friendly. I'm just not sure that the hallway walls and pictures will survive without at least a few patch jobs. But Isaac should really stop asking Scott to hit him, its not healthy.

Now to the current mystery, I'm not too sure that the father (name?) is not a werewolf, and that maybe he bit his daughter and that's why he controlled the dog so well, and why he was so upset about Sheriff Stilinsky re-opening the case. It would also explain why Scott couldn't catch a human scent in Malia's room. But that car should've been far more rusted after 8 years out in the wild; its a nitpick.

As to who has Peter and Derek strung up like werewolf lights, I'm going to go with Gerard for now. That's his sort of thing.
More+
Flag
... Who is shocking those Hales? Mr. Tate
... Should people stop physically abusing Isaac? Yes, please
... Is Scott's dad the worst? Too early to tell, but i doubt he could ever surpass Gerard Argent as worst so called human being and father ever.
... Who had the worst mental problems: Stiles, Scott, or Allison? All of them. poor kids. But i would suggest someone hides Allison's weapons...and car keys.

PS there's someone/something communicating with Stiles and it's not his subconcious. A person's subconcious is comprised of things the person knows, and Stiles doesn't know sign language. He could dream up sign language but it would be bogus, not actual legit hand signs. Is there a reason Deaton doesn't tell him or is the writing team actually unware of the fact that a person's subconcious is essentially the same bloody person?
Flag
I got the idea that it wasn't exactly the subconscious but something seeping through to the subconscious from wherever - maybe the other side of that open door - and that may be on purpose or not.
Flag
But holy moly, those Hales.
Flag
@Old Man – I am 41 and I watched Teen Wolf last night – more than once. It was a great hour of TV. At first I thought I was much too old for this show, but after a year of being badgered to try it I finally broke down. I ended up loving the fast pace plot and characters that were not the stereotypes I expected. It is the best action show on TV in my opinion and one of my favorite shows. It’s not even a guilty pleasure, just a fun way to spend the evening.

Sam0828
Posted January 7, 2014 at 7:49 PM
I am a 44 year old mother of a teen and a toddler. I watch this show religiously. Great characters and terrific stories. Love the actors too. One of the better shows on TV.

Found this comment on the Internet. You see guys, it's OK to love TW, there's nothing wrong with us. LOL

Flag
Thanks for highlighting my quote on TVbtN. I have no shame in admitting I watch Teen Wolf, 41 or not. This is a great show with an albeit unfortunate name. Loved the action and pace from the beginning and it's only getting better. It's definitely the best episode of TV I've seen this week and the show I am most looking forward to next week. Fantastic shows have no age limit.
Flag
Dahne, I have no shame in admitting that I watch TW too. Like you said fantastic shows have no age limit. That's the point of the comment. I also posted this in other section, my opinion

Wow! What an honor for TW. Be in second place behind TWD (ratings of 16 millions) and above AHS (master of horror). And TWD gain for less than 1,000 votes.

Remember the days when people call TW the next Twilight and a gay show. Still have it, but are in the minority. Two editors of TV.com pick TW for their favorite of 2013. And be face to face with this great shows are prove of that.

Are you ready to lose your mind the next Moonday?

PS. Congrats to all the fandoms in the list. Happy 2014

That's the point of my comment. That's nothing is wrong with us for like TW. Only I say it in a funny way.

Forgive me, I never intend to offend you or any fan of this great community, community that I'm part.:)
Flag
I'm older than both of you by several years and I love Teen Wolf. It has amazing production values, great characters and plot and fantastic acting. What more can anyone ask for in a show?!
Flag
Glad to know there are older fans!!!! I'm in my early thirties and don't know anyone who watches it!!!
Flag
*Older compared to a teen!!!! We are still young dammit! ;)
Flag
So glad Teen Wolf is back. Loved this episode. Aunt Kate rushing out of the morgue drawer reminded me of that scene in The Ring when the creepy girl comes out of the TV. Awesome! But I hope they don't do that stuff too often as I'm a wimp when it comes to horrors. I did one season of American Horror Story to prove my bad ass status but that was enough for me.

You are right about actors being spoilers, there is no way the priest dad has a tiny role in this season. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. Love Scott's mum so hard.
Flag
Who is shocking those Hales? I wish I had a guess, sadly I have no ideas.
Should people stop physically abusing Isaac? Probably. Still, I laughed at both scenes.
Is Scott's dad the worst? YES! He came into the show to annoy last season and nothing has changed.
Who had the worst mental problems: Stiles, Scott, or Allison? Stiles' is the most frightening, but I think Scott and Allison's is the most dangerous because of the danger they could be to other people.
Flag
I never thought hearing the words "When is a door not a door?" could give me such a rash of chills like it did last night. The stuff of nightmares, people! Stiles waking up screaming in his bed with his dad holding him scared the living dinges out of me! And Ghost Kate!!!! Not to mention Scott's freaky shadow morphing. For the first episode back, I am already terrified and jazzed and I CANNOT WAIT for the next one to see what's coming. Every other show on TV can learn from the writers of TW on how to build a fantastic show. Plus, how much do we love Mama McCall for her excellent werewolf mothering skills. Other parents would be all freaked out by the changes their kids go through. Not her. She just takes it as it comes and deals with it accordingly. That woman rocks!! And I'm looking forward to her bashing Agent McCall over the head with a baseball bat. That would be fun.
Flag
She is the best. I think we all want to see her bashing her ex's head in.
Flag
I don't think Scott's shadow is the Apha Form per se. I'm of the belief that each Alpha has their own Alpha form that reflects who they are.
The ultimate form is the wolf. Which to me means that you are absolutely at peace with who you are and your human and wolf sides are in balance. You may find it boring, Pierce, but to me it's pretty badass (the wolf with blue eyes is throwing me off, I hope their explanation for it is better than the one they gave for why some wolfs have blue eyes)
Peter's and Alpha Alpha's form reflected their inner state of hatred and aggression and greed and powerlust. And I can see why Scott would fear becoming that.
Derek's form was his Beta form. Which to me says he didn't really embrace the power and status, maybe he didn't feel worthy. One of my wishes for the show is to see Derek to turn into a full wolf once he becomes an Alpha again.
Scott's Alpha form basically consist of red eyes which to me means that he didn't accept the wolf yet, let alone the extra power (and responsibility)

And now I will stop spaming the comments

More+
Flag
"And now I will stop spamming the comments" LOL I think I did the same previously.

BTW, great explanation about the different forms of Alphas.
Flag
It's just that every time I finished a comment I would read something and recall that I wanted to comment on that part as well.
Thank you. I'm not sure it's what the show has in mind but that's my story and i'm sticking with it :)
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members