A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Teen Wolf S03E22: "De-Void"

More often than not, evil flies do not go into my face holes or crawl into my open wounds. There are a lot of reasons for this, but mostly it's because I have gotten very good at preventing this from happening. First of all, I have almost zero open wounds now that I no longer have a bobcat living in my car. Second of all, I own bug zappers. A LOT of them. Third of all, whenever an evil fly gets anywhere near my face holes I tend to swat it away, that's just a thing I do. But at the same time I realize that not all people have that kind of wherewithal and the threat of evil flies going into bodies is very real and very serious. For more hot tips on dealing with evil flies going into face holes and open wounds, maybe look up some tutorials on YouTube or something, I don't know. I wish I could be more help, but I have been vomiting bandages all morning and the bandage pile is starting to jostle. J/K J/K J/K

Guys, I was legit so sick last week. I have learned my lesson about eating proper food and will only eat safe things from now on like Starburst or whiskey. But thank you so much for all of your hilarious captions, I was laughing so much at what you came up with in the comments section and it really made me feel better in a real and tangible way. Thank you again. But I am back to full health and desperately need to discuss "De-Void"! How GOOD was "De-Void"! It was a very classic third-to-last episode of Teen Wolf, meaning it was a breathless, action-packed hour of set-up and revelation. I love whenever the entire team is wrapped up in insanity and this week had not only several brawls, it had widespread demonic possession, a trip to a metaphysical realm, two makeout scenes, an off-camera gay sex scene (at school!), and several absolutely disgusting moments of body horror. In fact, that is probably my very favorite thing about "De-Void": It was DISGUSTING. Remember back in Season 2 when a snake went into and out of Jackson's face? I still have not recovered from that, and this episode's repeated imagery of flies going into wounds was legitimately upsetting. Congratulations to Teen Wolf for grossing us out so perfectly! Still got it, dude.

Okay, let's talk about this thing!

You know it's going to be an eventful episode when Teen Wolf's all 'No time for a creepy cold open, we gotta pick up directly where we left off last week with a gunpoint standoff and 9-person fight scene, chop chop! (Literally).' So yeah, it all began with Sheriff Stilinski approaching his possessed son in Derek's loft and kindly requesting to handcuff him.

First Dark Stiles agreed to this but then he immediately busted out of the handcuffs like they were made of shiny pipe cleaners! That's when the B-team arrived and attempted to subdue him.

Allison tried to tase him but I guess Dark Stiles is full-on magical now, so it had no effect. He didn't even feel disrespected, that is how much tasers mean to him.

Derek ran across the room and tried to bite him but Dark Stiles just sorta conked Derek's head against the dining room table (which is a rude thing for a guest to do) and then threw him across the room. 

Then the two dads got out their guns and suddenly everyone was pointing a gun at each other and shouting and it was just so much chaos. Oh, right, that's sort of the Nogitsune's thing! So yeah, chaos. But then the sun suddenly set and we realized why exactly he'd brought them all there.

Clever girl! That was actually really smart. The Big Bad hadn't necessarily lured them all there to harm them or cause them to harm themselves: He just needed protection when the sun set. Which made his earlier plea for carnage that much crazier, as apparently he'd jeopardize even his own safety just to mess with everybody. Anyway, then a fight broke out, it was all very Mortal Kombat. Then I guess during opening titles the Oni disappeared and so did Stiles. Then Scott and Kira FINALLY showed up to help.

Whoops, too late! I guess they'd spent too much time at school listening to Kira's mom tell them all the stories. Or maybe Scott was just a super slow motorcycle driver because in the time it took them to rush to Derek's, Kira's mom was already at Eichen House snooping around in the basement.

She enjoyed a nice quiet moment with a pinhead corpse and also she found that backwards-5 symbol that had been carved into the wall indicating that the person who had been buried there had been the sexy soldier that she'd loved rather than the Nogitsune, because remember she had trapped that fly in a jar and buried it under a huge tree. Just like in Forrest Gump but instead of Jenny, an evil fly.

Then Dark Stiles popped up and she started waving her black plastic knife at him.

But he snatched it away from her and used it for an inappropriate purpose!

That's right, in the first of what would prove to be a nearly endless series of disgusting moments, tons of flies flew out of Dark Stiles' wounds! And they were all evil flies that flew around town climbing into everybody's orifices and turning them into straight-up DICKS.

The first victim was Isaac, who was still in the hospital. But now he was awake! Which, cool, I'll take it. But also, watch out Isaac, there is an evil fly in you!

Meanwhile Kira went to go crash at Scott's house, partly due to the fact that she didn't trust her 900-year-old mother anymore, but mostly due to horniness.

I liked this moment where the previously insecure/confused Kira was the one to assure Scott that they'd save Stiles. I don't use this word a lot but this moment was DARLING.

Then Scott mouth-attacked her and they spooned. Meanwhile a nosy fly was watching them like a perv.

This must have been a bittersweet moment for Allison: She arrived home to see a statue of David come to life just chillin' on her bed!

Except he looked very terrible and was behaving like a creep. But you better believe she still definitely macked out with him, Allison is no dummy and HAS NEEDS.

This was VERY DISGUSTING:

Oh, just a fly crawling into Derek's open wound.

It made me laugh that he even didn't notice at all. Yes, werewolves have supersensory perception but NOT when they are discussing chess with their uncles. 

Meanwhile in the locker room, Ethan had just finished a lacrosse tutorial with his boo and a fly went in one of his face holes and I guess that particular fly's version of being a jerk was to take his clothes off and have gay sex in the shower. 

That fly was probably the most chill and cool fly of all the evil flies. Credit where credit's due, that fly was one of the heroes of this episode to be honest.

Meanwhile Lydia was driving her brand new product placement and the magical GPS was telling her to go find a body lying in a parking lot.

It was Stiles! Just sleeping on that asphalt like it was NBD, and I honestly really related to him here. We have all done this. But I guess he'd outran the Oni until sun-up, or maybe the Oni got distracted and went into the Big Lots to get tons of great deals.

Then a fly went into Aiden's ear, obviously, I mean were you expecting a fly NOT to go into Aiden's ear, get real.

Then Isaac woke up still looking very bad (compared to how he normally looks but very good compared to most humans) and he started yammering some things about how he wanted to clean up society or something. And that's when Allison realized he'd chained her to the bed! And not in a sexy way.

She looked mildly annoyed at worst because come on, it's Isaac.

So then the gang dragged Stiles back to Scott's house and he was teasing Aiden about his brother being in danger (LOL in danger of a shower sexin' LOL) but mostly he was being a jerk so they had to paralyze him with Kanima venom.

What do you think Kanima venom tastes like? I'm guessing bad. It probably tastes bad. Anyway, he was paralyzed and duct taped!

But then he started crying and Mrs. McCall took pity on him, having assumed that Stiles' personality had come to the fore again.

But it wasn't Stiles, it was Dark Stiles still, and he called her a dummy to her face!

Oh, also he monologued about how he knew all of her secrets. Apparently Stiles had overheard something important related to Melissa and Agent McCall's divorce (and it involved Stiles' dad!) and was now holding it over her head because if Scott found out he'd be super bummed. What do you think it is? Did Scott's mom have a thing going with Stiles' dad? That is very soapy but I'm BOUT IT. Anyway, we'll see how that turns out I guess. In the meantime they needed to fix Stiles stat and Lydia had the idea that they call in someone who was super knowledgeable about, uh, stuff.

Peter Hale! Obviously. I mean if he can bring himself back from the dead using a banshee and moon voodoo, then he can probably do anything. He is the MacGyver of the monster world.

So then meanwhile at school the evil flies made the twins fight each other.

But then the evil fly in Isaac made him attack the twins! It was a three-way brawl of hunks possessed by evil flies! Although, if you ask me, Evil Isaac's next move was not very cool:

Luckily Kira ran in with a sword and was wearing her best fightin' beanie and she cut the flaming handkerchief right off of Isaac's molotov cocktail! That is probably a sexual metaphor somehow but I'll leave it up to the poets to interpret it. Oh and Allison was there too, which meant that both of them were now in danger.

But as it turned out the fellas were more interested in wrestling with each other rather than them (typical hunks!) so they were safe for now.

Oh but remember that an evil fly went into Derek, so the next thing we knew he was tying up Mr. Argent and squirting him with so much lighter fluid!

Something about revenge for his mother or whatever, who cares, that fly was just being a dick.

Speaking of dicks (and we may never stop), today was finally the day that Sheriff Stilinski was to find out if he'd be fired or not. And guess what? The panel seemed VERY grumpy!

But then in a surprise twist, Agent McCall stood up and defended him! As it turned out, the whole "impeachment" thing was just so that Agent McCall could chill in Beacon Hills and be weird around his son for a bit longer. Sheriff Stilinksi immediately understood and empathized and seemed relatively cool with it.

Personally, I would not like to have a grassroots effort to impeach me used as means for someone else to sort through their family issues, but that's my personal preference. Anyway, Sheriff Stilinski is keeping his job, Agent McCall loves his son, and everyone seems pretty chill now. This was probably not the most interesting subplot of the episode but I am SO glad it's over now, how about you?

After a brief discussion in which Peter Hale and Scott decided that Scott should probably not give Stiles a werewolf bite, they decided instead to invade Stiles' thoughts! And also for some very hazy reason, Lydia needed to go with Scott. I guess as a vision quest guide or something? I don't know. But yeah, Scott plugged them both into a metaphysical realm like in The Matrix but with werewolf claws.

They immediately found themselves tied up in the Eichen House. Lydia had to remind Scott that even though they were in somebody else's brain, he could still bust through a leather belt if he wanted. So he did! But then only minutes later they were separated and Lydia was knee-deep in balloons.

Then the Nogitsune started shouting at her and slamming all the lockers and in real life she started bleeding out of her nose and Peter Hale had to shout at her to stop being lame.

Meanwhile Scott was stuck in a nightmare loop of his own: Kissing Allison in the closet!

I don't mean to sound controversial, but it's a testament to how much I like the Scott-Kira and Allison-Isaac pairings that it actually felt weird and uncomfortable to see these two kissing again. Am I allowed to admit such things? Is that okay? Also, did you guys know that Frozen is bad?

Oh, it turned out that inside Stiles' brain looked A LOT like the supernatural afterlife. But it was way more annoying because every time Scott and Lydia tried to run across the room they made no progress. It was all very frustrating, like being in line at Splash Mountain. But look who they found!

Stiles was just chillin' on that stump playing games with the Nogitsune. It actually looked very pleasant and I was sort of jealous, but then I remembered that one of them was an evil spirit with what I'm guessing is the worst breath. Also I don't know how to play Go, it looks super hard. If I had to play a game with an evil spirit I would probably choose Uno and believe me I would use ALL the skip-a-turn cards I possibly could.

Anyway, that's when Lydia had an idea of how to get Stiles' attention.

By screaming at him! It was a good idea and one I tend to use a lot in my daily life. And guess what? It worked.

Ha-HA! Stiles messed up that game of Go and I guess that's all it took to put the Nogitsune in his place so bad.

In real life all the hunks with evil flies in them started passing out and black ooze dripped out of their noses and mouths. Phew! R.I.P. Dick Flies.

And then this happened:

Stiles barfed up all the bandages! It reminded me of the Vomit Creature scene from Poltergeist II, but to be honest basically EVERYTHING reminds me of that scene, I think about it at least once a day, so today this scene from Teen Wolf most reminded me of it.

And then the Nogitsune climbed out of the pile of phlegm-soaked bandages because why not? But when the gang tackled him and ripped off his bandages, guess who was inside?

The REAL Stiles! Which meant that... Wait a minute, then who was the guy who just vomited tons of bandages onto the floor and also WHERE did he JUST GO?

WHOOPS! The Nogitsune is now an independent creature and he looks just like Stiles and he kidnapped Lydia! Holy moly, it is ON now. Scott looked super steamed and he ran out of there to go chase them. Get 'em, Scott! I honestly don't know if Scott got 'em because the episode was over. But that's what's known as a "cliff hanger" in the TV world. Next week we will learn more, I promise you.

"De-Void" was crazy! Just a crazy, disgusting, upsetting, but very entertaining hour of television. I'm not going to lie to you, I loved it. TWO EPISODES LEFT! Maybe we should start getting mentally prepared for how empty our lives will be in three weeks. Because man, this show is everything right now. Just everything.

GOODBYE-BYE

QUESTIONS

... What did Mrs. McCall do?

... Can't Lydia just scream in the Nogitsune's face?

... Will Derek help Mr. Argent clean up all that lighter fluid?

... Are you glad Isaac is better?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/8/2016

Season 5 : Episode 20

402 Comments
Comments (402)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Yay! Just getting caught up here! Loved this crazy episode and the hilarious review! Weee!
Flag
I have to disagree on the weirdness of Scott and Allision kissing. In my mind they haven't really been moving on.
Don't get me wrong: It's not that I have to see them being an item or anything. It's just that most of the time this show robs us of important developments by letting part of it happen off screen. I never emotionally saw Scott and Allisons' break-up as a permanent thing. Part of it is my programming due to the whole "soul mate" talk of other TV shows but most of it is due to the fact that they never really talked about their feelings for each other and how their relationship changed. The show always appeared to have them pine for each other, longing looks across the hall way. The change from that to not only being generally interested in other people but (kind of) falling for Kira or Isaac respectively was way to sudden for my taste.

Apart from that I've been enjoying this season very much. Your (= Price) "reviews" (for a lack of a better word) were what made me check out Teen Wolf in the first place. I devoured the show. All 48 episodes in less than a week. But while I definitely agree that this show is a rare gem I do have some issues with it. Especially with developments happening off screen (like Stiles escaping the Argents' basement at the end of season 2 and stuff like that).
I also enjoy the insightful beginnings/the real review part of your takes on the episode way more than the over the top photo recap. But that's just me. I'm conservative like that :)
More+
Flag
ok so i am way late to this party but i just devoured all 3 seasons of teen wolf in like 1 week so i am just visiting these reviews
and i just want to say that they are the best! Price you are so funny, honestly i find myself laughing out loud at least 5 times while reading your reviews.
Also this episode was the best, and all the disgusting just added to the charm of teen wolf.
yes i am a newly converted obsessed fan. let me fangirl.
Flag

Flag

Official Maze Runner Poster. Trailer today in TW.
Flag
The biggest question I have after this episode is:
Why don't the twins go all mutton-choppy like Scott and Isaac when they shift?
Flag
I am guessing it could be from when they were the Twin Alphas and the way they became alphas? the males of that alpha pack didnt have the muttons either
Flag
Someone posted this on tumblr. So real.

Flag
Fans reactions to each season
Flag

Flag

dylannews:
3 Days until The Maze Runner trailer!
Dylan’s movie The Maze Runner will be releasing its official trailer in three days!!
Flag
A friend of mine and I have a huge doubt about this episode:

Did Lydia go into Stiles's mind because Peter forced her to do so or because the plan really needed her to go inside? I mean, my friend thinks that Peter only agreed to tell them how to save Stiles (by going into his mind) if Lydia went in too and if after the whole thing Lydia would tell him his child's name. But I think that the only agenda Peter had was to tell them how save Stiles in exchange of Lydia telling him his child's name.

What do you think? Why Lydia go into Stiles's mind? Why would have Peter wanted her to go there? :S

And why did Stiles wake up when Lydia pronunced "Malia" in Peter's ear? It's SO suspicious :/
Flag
I think some of it might have to do with her abilities; she communicates with an "otherworld" on a regular basis, and that ability may have helped Scott bridge the gap into Stiles' mind. At least that's my explanation until I hear otherwise.

She was also Stiles' anchor during the suicide ritual, but that's not something Peter should know about. However, Peter has a fascinating way of knowing lots of things he really should not necessarily know about. I wouldn't put it past him to have figured out something about what Scott, Allison and Stiles did.
Flag
Thank you! :) It just didn't seem to me that Peter had sent Lydia into Stiles's mind with some evil (tipical Peter's) agenda of his own :/
Flag
With Peter I always assume selfish hidden agendas for everything he says or does. It was a good idea for Lydia to go into Stiles' mind with Scott - Scott isn't all that bright.
Flag
Yep, it was Lydia who led Scott in Stiles' mind. Reminding him the things that he really knew. Super strength and the howl.
Flag
What did Mrs. McCall do? I don't think whatever it is, falls entirely on her shoulders. Since Stiles threatened Agent McCall earlier this season, we know that he's also invested in this secret and that it's going to hurt Scott. The idea that Scott will hate Melissa is just weird. I thought it was about paternity, but the more I think about it, the more off that seems. Upset by that yes, hate his mom for that, no. Much to ponder.
Flag
I keep thinking about this too and I am so baffled. I thought that maybe she forced Agent McCall out of Scott's life but even that doesn't seem like it would make Scott hate his mom.
Flag
It's weird, this mystery has really gotten to me. I think it is so easy to imagine Melissa is pretty much the perfect mom. So, any secret that could ruin or hurt her relationship with Scott is just so out of character. I'm completely fascinated.
Flag
I'm fascinated too. They've made her into the best mom ever and I can't imagine what "wrong" she could have done that would be severe enough for Scott to be that upset with her.
Flag
@AuntyMib, that's what you'd think, but the look of worry on her face during that scene has me nervous. As much as Stiles does love and respect Melissa, there is a difference when it come to Scott, her son. Especially if the secret is about him.
Flag
Since Stiles has been carrying the secret for years without hating Melissa I doubt that it's actually something as bad as what the Nogitsune implied.
Flag
TW FB posted this:

A super talented fan named Larissa made movie posters out of #TeenWolf episodes! Check them out here:http://bit.ly/1kPF0Io

Flag
This was posted in Tumblr about the Go game of Stiles and the Nogitsune.

just a tiny little comment, i love that when we saw the still of Stiles and the nogitsune playing Go we were all "stiles is going to take back his mind through his smarts, because Go is a strategic game, yadda yadda,,," and then!!! he just throws the game on the ground, that was hilarious — notenoughgatorade
akumakawa:
agentotter:
Hah same, I was also like WAIT THAT’S IT?!?!?!? I think it’s highly unrealistic frankly, if you could actually accomplish things with table-flipping I feel like I ought to have a much more successful life at this point. :D

It was a bit of a let-down, though, because again the meta was cooler than the actual execution. We all expected Stiles to be fighting somehow and trying to outmaneuver the nogitsune — which would make sense because that’s what we’ve seen him doing that already, where Void (I’mma just call it that it’s faster to type :D) has set up traps for Stiles’ loved ones and he’s basically found ways to sabotage them. But then it was just like… nope, when he’s inside his head, he’s just quietly playing a game of Go and Void is just like… keeping him distracted and disconnected. It seemed a little silly. I did LOVE that it was Scott who essentially called him back to himself and rescued him, though. That’s a bond and a friendship I’m never going to get tired of seeing, EVER.

I do think they completely removed a huge element of the conflict by having Void and Stiles separate into independent physical beings, and Void made itself vulnerable by letting that happen (he’s one of those villains that’s drummed up as a great strategist somehow but then the heroes don’t really need to match that at all to capture him and it’s just a little anti-climactic) but they are getting toward the end of the season and I guess they did need a situation where they can just kill it.

The thing with Go is that there is no single move to win the game. It’s not like Chess where if you checkmate the king you win. It’s mainly the players choosing when to end the game. One of the players who sees no way to win will resign.

This is basically a call back to Season 3a with Coach teaching Wall Street’s principles of risk and reward. The risk is if Stiles loses and the Nogitsune controls him. The reward is if Stiles wins he gets his body back.

But there is a third choice which is to not play at all and not risk anything.

However this game of Go is all an illusion since the Nogitsune is using the game to keep Stiles distracted while he already controls Stiles’ body.

Stiles has already lost by playing because the Nogitsune has already taken the reward before the game was decided.
Scott chose not to play. Stiles chose to END the game.
In that way, I don’t think it’s anti-climatic at all. It holds true to itself.

Go is about forcing the other person to end the game and resign but if the other person is cheating? Then it is about calling them out on it and bringing the game to an end by figuratively flipping the table.

The Nogitsune cheated. Which is why Stiles basically flipped the table.

What’s the point of playing if the other player is cheating? There is none.Oh man that’s so freaking cool

God bless fandom for filling in the gaps. We’re super unfamiliar with Go, so we would have missed a lot of this.
More+
Flag
I disagree completely.
The nogitsune had no reason to keep stiles distracted at all. Stiles didn't possess the power to keep it contained or throw it out before, so the ending of the game is senseless, the whole set up is sort of idiotic to me too.
If we go in on the premise that Stiles is essentially powerless against the nogitsune as he was shown to be the whole of the season, the nogitsune tricked him into stop fighting at all in the mental institution ep, probably just for the sheer despair and chaos that would release in Stiles.
If it follows that thinking, Stiles should be in an empty room of his head with no doors or windows or doors that open back into the room itself.
Basically the weakest part of TW is the way they've dealt with the mental aspects, each time it's fallen very flat, and I think this is the time it was the worst. It was anticlimactic to the nth degree because it was a focal point this season and then it's not playing the game? because Scott roared? Stiles is distracted but he has the power within himself to toss out the nogitsune?
Also because it has nothing to do with leading or showing stiles the way out...
More +
Flag
of course the first victim was stiles (predictable) !!!and chris argent you are just beyond awesome.Anyways this really is one of the most disgusting teen wolf episodes.
Flag
Did anybody else cheer when "skinny, weak, and defenseless Stiles" kicked Derek's ass?
Flag
Omg yes, 'twas amazing. And I imagine it will be inspiration for many a fanfic shortly.
Flag
I'll never get tired of "w/all due respect f u"
Flag
I was super happy Isaac woke up, but then I was super bummed because he was busy being possessed by a evil fly :(
Next episode is going to be great, because we get both Not-Evil Stiles and Not-Evil-Or-Comatose Isaac! HOORAY!
Flag
I really don't see how Mrs McCall's secret could be an affair with Stiles' dad,since Stiles overheard her telling his dad her secret,and the sheriff encouraged Scott's dad to tell Scott the truth.If the sheriff and Mrs McCall had had an affair,I don't think Scott's dad would be so civil and chill with both of them.
Flag
Besides that, I find weird that back on season 1 or 2, Mrs. McCall's said to Mr. Harris, (that Chemistry teacher) that "they [Scott and she] were just fine without him [Scott's father]" when he said that Scott was lacking a male role model at home (or something like that). So it sounded as if the dissappointing one was Mr. McCall, right? It has been always seemed that way :/
Flag
AHHH De-Void was brilliant! i just loved it! Stiles' mind scenes were sick! i thought they were so good! Also, i love when characters that don't usually hang out together (such as Derek and Chris Argent) team up. in this case Kira and Allison, they were great!

Those disgusting scenes were awesomely disgusting too though it wouldn't have hurt them to do them in a little more realistic way, Why wouldn't Aiden (is it Aiden the one who is with Lydia?) realize that he has a bug in his ear? Anyway no big deal it didn't bothered me so much.

Questions?
- So is something about Mrs. McCall... a dirty past huh? I want to know this secret so bad and i hope is something less obvious than she cheating Agent McCall with Sheriff Stilinski, that would be kind of obvious. Also i don't think is that, their relationship in the past wouldn't have been the one of two parents whose sons are besties, it would have been more hostile i think?
- Yes Lydia should just scream in the Nogitsune's face. That Mummy is a dick, get over yourself please.
- Will Derek help Mr. Argent clean up all that lighter fluid? Hope he does, it would be polite of him.
- Yeah Im glad that dick bug woke Isaac up. Hope next episode he's actually him, i'm not saying i'm missing Isaac but i think i'm missing Isaac

last thing, Stiles is my favorite character but Scott warms my heart so bad! He's so good and nice! He should be on everybody's list of favorite characters
More+
Flag
Agree agree agree! :) It annoyed me when no one felt those evil flies. If a fly flies into your ear or crawls into your open wound, you're going to feel it and swat at it or something. Still, this was minor and easy to look past.

I doubt that Melissa had an affair with Sheriff Stilinski. But I can't think what it could be. The only thing that I can come up with (and I'm sure I'm wrong) is that while Scott thinks his dad abandoned him and his mom, it's actually the other way around. Perhaps Melissa left the dad and wouldn't let him see Scott? I just don't know.

And I truly love Scott. I think he and Stiles are tied as my favorite characters. I'm always surprised that so many people dislike or even hate Scott.
Flag
This was off Tumblr... Thought it was funny cause it's honestly crazy how far 4 seasons took us...

Remember when Teen Wolf was simple?
When Scott’s biggest problem was controlling his shifts…
When Allison’s biggest stressor was her relationship with Scott.
When Stiles’ biggest issue was keeping his best friend sane.
When Derek’s biggest problem was finding out who was the Alpha.
When Lydia’s biggest issue was her popularity.
When Jackson’s biggest annoyance was Scott being co-captain.
And now…
Everyone’s just trying to stop an evil spirit who possessed Stiles from killing him and everyone else…
Flag
Run tell that!
Flag
She threatened Mr. McCall or cheated. Can't she scream so they find her. Derek and Chris working together is pretty cool but I like the Hales scenes the most. Isaac isn't well yet, it was just the fly
Flag
I'm so glad Isaac is back! I Loved this episode and I'm soooooo sad the season almost over :(
Flag
Great recap to a show that is getting more and more awesome by the minute... I really like that plots are logical (within general madness and crazy supernatural mythologies) and that the bad guys (now the nogitsune if I am getting this right) are not easily defeated as so there are real stakes (esp now that we know a major character is dying - my new theory is that it may be the vet guy?). Another great thing of all this is that the battle against the evil guys makes us see new facets of all the characters and that many of them go from evil to allies like say Peter (though he is likely to go back to evil at some point) or the twins
Flag
I think Price mentioned this a while back but am also so glad that this show has gotten over pretending that Stiles as played by Dylan O'Brien isn't both heartbreaking and attractive. Do you remember when he was, like the comedy sidekick? Nah
Flag
I love Stiles as the comedy sidekick but I also loved him this season. It is so great to see just how talented Dylan O'Brien is. Still, I'd like some comic relief now and then. Those laugh out loud scenes are great.
Flag
now Lydia's in 'danger' and I'm just hoping she (and Stiles, and Isaac) won't be the regular that's not going to return aka probably die. I was all for Stiles being a werewolf though, oh well.
Flag
the pale and sickly stiles line from peter hale made me giggle.
Flag
I think Agent McCall meant he made the impeachment procedure longer so that he could stay, not that he made it all up! Plus that pile of unresolved cases spoke for itself!
Flag
i'm waiting for the coyote girl to show back up i thought she was going to help Stiles renegade control over his body kinda want them to hook up
Flag
Not really enjoying this whole kitsune thing. I'm glad that at least Stiles is back. Nobody else was missing him? That part with Mr. McCall being ready to impeach Stalinski just to be close to Scott is weak and silly.

Everything else is great :) Where's Malia?
Flag
This is another thing I like about teen wolf and all the other short season series. Not everything is everyone's cup of tea. So there is always something of a reset after 12 episodes.
Flag
I don't get why everyone is saying that Agent McCall is not Scott's father. I mean, have you seen them both? They look exactly alike, what I think is that maybe Melissa had an affair but AFTER she had Scott, and with Sheriff Stalinski. Maybe the kid coming in next season is their half brother since he kinda does look like a younger version of Stiles, and Agent McCall started drinking heavily cause of the affair and ended up leaving them. Or idk, its all weird, on Teen Wolf nothing is ever predicatable (except Jennifer being the Darach LOL) and I seriously hope the hispanic hunter comes back next season with Cora, since she did live in South America and I assume she is the "she wolf" the lady was asking for. Plus it would be kinda cool to have Cora and Malia together, the Hale cousins lol.
And another thing, did anyone see the promo for the next episode and it showed Nogitsune Stiles saying that Stiles is still dying? That is something to keep an eye on. But I still feel like they will kill the Nogitsune the exact same way Kira's mom and the granny wolf killed him the first time, with Scott and Kira of course
More+
Flag
it is all very soapy, isn't it :)
Flag
I would be all about having Cora and Malia together...I think that would be epically bad ass. But I think Cora is really busy being Queen of Scotland and France right now...toooo bad for us!
Flag
So am I the only one still going with the theory that Agent McCall is a Werewolf :)... I know wacko..but I've had that theory since Season 1..considering the original Teen Wolf movie the dad passed down the genes. And it would explain why Scott is a natural alpha
Flag
I thought that it was possible but wouldn't he have tried to help by now using his wolf abilities?
Flag
Or that even.. Agent McCall is not Scott's father. And that's the big secret. And that Scott's father is a Hale. (NOT PETER..I don't believe that theory lol)... but a Hale or another wolf...and that's why Scott is a true alpha.
Flag
Fantastically hilarious photo recap Price! You and Lily Sparks have the talented ability to make me chuckle away when reading reviews and outright laugh asthmatically. Great episode. So dark! Can't wait for next week. BT where has Malia been since the asylum?
Flag
I was wondering about Malia myself. When she left the mental hospital, I thought she was going to find Scott. She seemed very determined. And now...nothing?
Flag
Been wondering that myself. I mean, surely she didn't just drop things off with Scott and head back to her "dad's" house did she? I can't see her doing that based on what happened at Eichen House. Where ever she is, she needs to COME BACK!
Flag
1) Maybe something naughty.
2) She can but where's the fun in that?
3) No, they'll just call the maid.
4) If you call possession by evil fly better, then yes I'm happy for him.
Flag
http://offthepreserve.wordpress.com/2013/12/13/deconstructing-the-mythology-of-season-3b/
This fan analise the white room and the shadowself in TW when the first promo was release. Great info here. Worth the reading.
Flag
analyse ?
Flag
I really don't think Melissa's secret is that Scott is someone else's child. The description Stiles gave seemed that it was something that happened after Scott was born, and when the boys were old enough to hear.

The only issue is that it could have been Melissa admitting it to Agent Mccall, then getting upset and calling Stilenski. I'm wary of this storyline, to this point i feel like we've been able to stay away from the soapish feel of a story. Peter/Malia, and whose your daddy scott, would be a little much.
Flag
Scott's dad had a drinking problem and Melissa asked for a restraining order. I think that's it lol
Flag
I was thinking something similar...Melissa asked for a divorce while he wanted to work it out. She ended up telling him to stay away from her and Scott, not allowing him in Scott's life (and causing Scott to grow up without his dad). I don't know...I'm sure I'm going to be wrong lol
Flag
My favorite scene of the episode and the most f**ked up for me was the first scene.
The Nogitsune wanted protection from the Onis and to screw with everyones mind so he calls them to the loft, beating them up, mocking them, and he was so sure that they wouldn't do anything, and when the Onis show up he just casually tells them to protect him and steps behind them and sure enough they do, cause they would never let anything happen to Stiles.

So messed up.
Flag
That was amazing! Nogitsune's a fantastic villain!
Flag
Agent McCall is a douche. How dare he come to Beacon Hills to impeach the Sheriff just so he could get close to Scott. This was not cool and I'm not chill about it, don't care who else is.

I'm so glad to have Stiles back, I was worried someone would have to kill him.

I wonder if Melissa cheated with Sheriff Stilinski. Ooh. I hope not, Scott would be soooo pissed.

The Elephant in the room: Peter Hale knows his daughter's name. How they gonna work that into the last two episodes or will it be left over for next season?

I really like the twins, Scott needs to make them part of the pack and Issac needs to get over it. Every pack should have killing machines (I've learnt that from watching Bitten). Great episode as always.

Flag
What are your thoughts on "bitten" Do you like it!? Is it worth watching?
Flag
I'm really liking Bitten right now. It started off slow but I think it will find it's feet. It's not Teen Wolf, it's different. I raved about it on my blog. My main point is this:

I admit I’m really taken with Elena’s potential. She has the potential to be Buffy, Xena, Sydney Bristow (Alias), Max Guevara (Dark Angel) River Song (Doctor Who) and all the other kick-ass women from TV that I adore rolled into one. She can kick ass in human form and werewolf form and she’s smart.
It would be great to get female werewolf hero. I'm crossing everything.
Flag
LOL. Had to stop reading to comment: Really Price? Really with the Frozen mention. I know you were challenged to work it in somehow but really? lol. I have to watch Frozen now just to see why you hate it so much.

Back to reading the recap.
Flag
some random thougts:
- Derek reached a all-time low when He had his ass handed to him by STILES!...I know, He was possesed but still, by STILES,JFC!!!
- Should we star calling Peter papa Hale?papa Peter?
- We had like 4 direct references about the kanima and Jackson in the last 4 episodes. Just throwing that out there.
- I liked that it was Scott that brought back Stiles. If it was Lydia the one saving the villain again, I was gonna barf. (sorry, but Lydia was a bitch to Stiles the first 2 seasons,I wouldl be angry if she is the one saving someone, specially Stiles, again)
- I almost barfed all over the place when Stiles vomited the bandages. I was screaming "Stop it " the whole time, feeling sick.
- We still don't know why Derek was the King, or the secret between the McCalls and papa Stilinski.
Flag
After reading a bunch of comments and theories what if mama Mccall's secret involves Derek somehow? We don't know a ton about his senior/college years. We know from Season 1 that he graduated a few years back..how far is a few because Scott was either a freshman or sophomore at Season 1 pilot (think sophomore). And we know the Sheriff knows the Mccall secret and that Stiles overheard?
Flag
Lydia did help save Stiles because she gave Scott the idea to howl, since Stiles is a part of his pack. But I agree, I'm glad it was actually Scott who saved him :P
Flag
Okay, I go with Agent McCall's (according to Wikipedia his name is Raphael btw) secret being that Melissa cheated.

So what if. . . just humor me, but what if. . . Scott's real dad is Peter!

I mean think about it! We know he has a kid. Lydia thinks it's Malia but she only bases that theory on that the two of them have a slightly similar jawline ≠ an actual bloodtest!!!)

My theory: (in this order)
- So Peter and Melissa hit it on,
- There came Scott,
- Peter acted like Peter (=crazy),
- So Thalia deleted some info from his and Melissa's head (why they didn't recognize eachother in season 1),
- Later somehow Mr.&Mrs.McCall find out that Mr.McCall is not the biodad (like I dunno, Scott needed blood and PapaMcCall's wouldn't do it or something, and they realize he's not the dad or something. I don't know, but something like that could be what Papa McCall wants to talk to Scott about),
- But Melissa can't remember ever cheating so she calls the Sheriff
- And Stiles overhears!

I know it's a wild theory but wouldn't it be super-awsome!
Flag
I don't disagree it might be a Hale cheating scenario, but not with Peter. What about Derek? Also, look at ho Derek always drops whatever and rushes to Scott's aid? Teaches him at a moments notice? Protects Scott as much as possible?
Flag
Lydia thinks its Malia because she got the name from the memory she heard through Peter's sisters claws...

Also Melissa met Peter for the first time in Season 1.
Flag
But Melissa met Peter in the 1st season for the first time when they went on a date and he was planning to bite her to get Scott to join his pack.
Flag
That is sort of off topic, but do you remember when THREE human shaped fly clusters got out of the Nemeton tree stump?
Was the nogitsune ALL three or just one of them? And if it was only one who are the other two?
Flag
I actually thought that was the Oni...
Flag
I thought those were the Onis! They were fireflies!
Flag
Hmm.. good question..

Allison
Scott's Dad

and... Isaac lol

I'm just guessing...
Flag
At first I was feeling the half-brother theory but now I don't think it quite fits. For once, Sheriff Stilinski hasn't been treating Scott like a son (and why wouldn't they already had tried to be a whole family with both of the pairs being just a bit disfunctional duos). They way sheriff spoke on this episode also felt like he wasn't really that closely involved with whatever happened. Also - rare for television - Scott and his dad actually look alike.

I am interested to see what happened but I like the supermom anyway, I doubt it really is that bad (especially considering we have supernatural creatures and piles of dead bodies here).

I'm glad Isaac was back but I'm really scared they'll kill him off. I'm not a real fan of any of the parents dying either (these days this includes Peter too, you know) and it would be really weird if one of the 4 main kids would go. Don't kill anyone!

I also dug the gay sex fly the best, at least one them knew how to take charge a bit and not go all alpha male in a bad way.
Flag
I don't think Melissa and Sheriff Stilinski had an affair. You're right. Stiles' dad didn't seem directly connected to whatever happened; he was most likely just a confidant who has all the info about what happened. I think Melissa might be responsible for keeping Agent McCall away from Scott while Scott thinks his dad just didn't care enough to be around... We'll see. I'm often wrong about stuff :P

I'm worried for Isaac too. I've been wondering why he never made it to the opening credits. He should have been there since the beginning of season 3. But if he does die, I think he'll die in addition to someone else. Jeff Davis said a season 1 character was going to die... I honestly don't want to lose anyone. I wouldn't mind if Peter died but I doubt they're going to kill him off now.
Flag
Had anyone else pondered this?....Deaton seems to be unsure of exactly what the scroll (that supposedly tells them how to exercise the Nogitsune from someone's body) says because his Japanese isn't so good, why wouldn't they have Kira's mom or dad translate it just as they did when Allison got the weird Japanese message about the entrapment camp on her phone a few episodes ago? Obviously they speak Japanese. Why go to an unreliable unsure source?
Flag
I wondered that myself... I thought that perhaps Scott trusts Deaton completely whereas Kira doesn't trust her own parents (which makes everyone else find them untrustworthy as well). Weak theory, I know... I do think there's some significance to the fact that Deaton stated twice (I think) that he's not sure he translated the scroll correctly.
Flag
I think we can all agree that next season is the season of the Beserkers, since it has now been mentioned twice in two weeks.
Flag
And either variant of the legend would work great.
1/ Warriors who wear animal skins and do rituals to Odin to gain strength and ferocity in battle.
2/ Sorcerers who skin werewolves alive to gain their powers.
Flag
I would dig that SO HARD! With all the new Lacrosse players...please Teen Wolf...make this be a thing! Pack against Were Bears!
Flag
I've been hoping for were-bears since the 2nd season.
Flag
YYASSSSSSSS!That would be so awesome....and just a reminder, only days ago there was the press release about the two new actors for the 4th season,that will be playing teenager....and the berserker were teenageers in papa argent's story....
Flag
agreed! Were-bears sounds awesome tbh
Flag
I thought our Scooby Pack was going to give the Nogitsune "a new punchline" and yet they pulled out the same tricks. Disappointing life.
Flag
"He is the MacGyver of the monster world."

#bless

I hope they don't kill off Smoldering Uncle because his knowledge and involvement in these supernatural mysteries is one of my favorite parts of the show. His scream to Lydia gave me chills. Really, he's one of the most useful characters on the show up there with Papa Argent and Deaton...if only they were used better.
Flag
They can kill him. He'll just come back... lol
Flag
Damn, that's right. I wonder if there's a limit on that.
Flag
I don't think mrs mcall did anything that terrible per say. Maybe in a reaction to something that occurred.. There were two separate scenes dealing with this during the season. The first was when Agent McCall was stabbed by the ONI. He wanted to speak with Scott but Mellissa told him not to because of the condition he was in, it wasn't the right time. Also there was the scene between Stiles and Agent Mcall back in the episode where Kira and Scott were in Agent McCalls office looking for her phone. Stiles told agent McCall that both he and his dad knew something that Agent McCall wouldn't be too happy about Scott knowing it too. We also got some type of hint that he may have had a drinking problem back when they were an item.

I'm thinking Lydia can't scream in the nogitsune's face. If the ONI were able to halt her scream I'd assume the Nogitsune can too!

Im I pretty sure lighter fluid evaporates pretty quickly so there will be no need for Derek to help with the clean up.

I'm happy Isaac aka living statue of David is ok!

On a side note I'm still going with my theory that the entire second half of this season is all a dream. The Nogitsune is like Freddy Kruger!
More+
Flag
Another good episode. Things moved along at a fast pace and I thought most of it made sense (in the context of dealing with a villain that is about chaos rather than evil per se). They could have potentially done something a bit more interesting with the flies causing people to reveal their inner resentment and anger, but it was pretty good (props to the horny fly).

I frequently find that the Seasons start out with some interesting ideas, but they have trouble landing them. I tend to blame the short Seasons - there is just not enough time to get everything done in a way that is organic. For instance, I thought the fight for Stile's soul would have been more epic and involve a lot more than popping into his head and roaring. On the other hand, I'm happy to have him back in the gang.

This is a show that lends itself to binge watching (or maybe I'm just too impatient?).

What does detract a bit from my enjoyment is the thought of having to wait another year now for the next set of episodes. I know everyone is all about the shorter Seasons these days (and kudos to Teen Wolf for actually doing it before everyone else jumped on the bandwagon) but I still dislike that model. I don't think you could have done Buffy at 10 episodes a year and I doubt they'll be able to keep this cast together for many more years which is a real shame. For now I'm going to just try to enjoy the last few episodes.
More+
Flag
I usually don't have problems when a show has a short season if they know how to develop a cohesive story through the few episodes that they have, I mean, look at all those British shows, their longest seasons (or "series" if you want to go all technical on them) are 13 episodes at most. the same happens with French, Australian, and some Canadian (you get where I'm going with this right?) shows. This is just my point of view but I think it is an american custom to have their shows run for longer, maybe to reach syndication faster or whatever reason, I will admit however that it lends itself for more character development, that leads to a better story IF done correctly or you just end up with a whole lot of filler episodes.
Flag
I agree that there are pros and cons to both models. I think Teen Wolf would do well with a 16 to 18 episode Season. That would give them enough room to develop the story and the world more, without needing a lot of filler episodes. It might also improve their chances of keeping the cast. I don't know what they get paid now but 10 episodes can't be enough for this to treat this as a full time job.
Flag
I feel like the weakest parts of this season has been the way they've dealt with the mental issues.
In the beginning when the three of them were all dealing with the door to their minds being ajar, they solved that much too easily/superficially.
Now with Stiles getting rid of the nogitsune in a way that was also much too simplistic, really they spent ages having Stiles half in control and then the episode in the mental institution where the nogitsune forced stiles to give himself over.
But the end was just Scott roaring and Stiles ruining a game of go? Stiles was strong enough to come back mostly on his own? and cast the nogitsune out?
I found this too weak. Also because it completely undermined a lot of the plot that's been going on for Scott and the gang, the whole searching for a solution to save stiles and now much of what they've been doing turns out to be rather stupid.
Why not just have asked Peter from the beginning? He was always around... I mean they went to Kira's mom and her dad on separate occasions...
Flag
Yes. I thought the first few episodes were really well done and had a lot more potential. I also thought that rescuing Stiles needed to be more epic.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members