A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Teen Wolf S03E15: "Galvanize"

It's been a while since a psychotic child murderer busted out of a hospital and roamed my neighborhood on Halloween so forgive me if I'm a little out of touch on this subject, but don't people usually tend to get uptight when there is a psychotic child murderer busting out of hospitals and roaming around on Halloween? Beacon Hills' utter chillness about this scenario was literally the only quibble I had with "Galvanize," this week's VERY STELLAR episode of Teen Wolf, an MTV True Life spin-off about monsters. No just kidding, I don't have any quibbles. I really mean it: This episode condensed and crystallized and in several ways IMPROVED upon all the most beloved Teen Wolf tropes, leaving us with a very tight and scary and effective hour of television. You know it's going to be a good episode when there's a romantic pizza party and a shirtless hug (almost) and a jack-o-lantern eats the camera. Also a dog jumped onto a tree stump and delivered a psychic message to her son, a werewolf hunk. Also a banshee screamed at a street light until she remembered that bugs make the same noise as electricity? Also Doug Jones creeped his way back into our worst nightmares after we'd successfully blocked out most of Pan's Labyrinth or the final scene from Quarantine from our dear, sweet brains. Why am I even listing these things when we could be talking about them? I'm a idiot with mental problems probably! Anyway, let's do this:

It all started on the night before Halloween. Which meant that yep, in case there was any doubt, this entire season will only be the first semester of the school year, Vampire Diaries-style. That honestly makes sense considering these characters need to be in high school for a long time, but disappointing for anybody hoping to see more lacrosse action soon. OH WELL. (There can still be locker room scenes right??) Anyway, we were at the hospital and Mrs. McCall was setting out a jack-o-lantern to, I guess, remind all the patients of their own fear and mortality.

That's when things got scary.

In rolled a man strapped to a gurney and accompanied by policemen with AK-47s. He did not make a great first impression, and as Agent McCall elaborated to his ex-wife, the dude had attempted to suicide-bomb a school bus (!) and now needed life-saving surgery. Also it would be Mrs. McCall's job to do all the in-person medical interview stuff and Agent McCall was honestly a bit of a dick about it. Classic Agent McCall.

Anyway. Guys, you know I truly hate those suggested hashtags that seemingly all TV shows do now, but Teen Wolf is especially obnoxious about it. Suggested hashtags might even be worse than the constant music listings at the bottom of the screen, because at least those ones are informational. In my opinion suggested hashtags over-highlight the jokes too much and render them way less funny, but also they take away creative agency from the fans who should get to come up with their own hashtags, you know? Anyway, this one was insane:

Haha obviously it made no sense when it first popped up considering this was an actually very terrifying scene in which the great Doug Jones creeped out Mrs. McCall so much. But it turned out someone had just placed this hashtag incorrectly in the episode and it would be more relevant later. But on the positive side at least it didn't appear during the actual "#TheHottestGirl" scene because that was one of the best and funniest moments in Teen Wolf history and now it wouldn't get marred by a suggested hashtag! #SmallVictories 

At that point Doug Jones sat up and got creepily close to Mrs. McCall's face and told her that he'd tried to kill those kids because they had glowing eyes. Which was a legit brilliant twist! Here we'd been introduced to a madman and terrorist, but in fact he may have had an understandable reason to be taking action against actual monsters. It's unclear if he meant werewolves or other creatures who'd maybe emerged from a tree stump like CGI members of TLC in "Waterfalls," but still: It's rare that this show acknowledges that the regular townsfolk of Beacon Hills might have supernatural encounters and then snap mentally. So not only was it surprisingly compelling, it was still very disturbing inasmuch as most of our favorite people on this show have glowing eyes.

Then the camera was eaten by a pumpkin.

That was clearly the best. I love Halloween and I love this show, so everything was perfect.

Oh, and by the way the fellas were doing night-before-Halloween pranks at the high school and Stiles put a flashlight in his mouth and then Scott scared him.

Hey look at those glowing eyes! Scott was exactly the kind of abomination Doug Jones wanted to 'splode. 

I really loved this scene the next day with the twins: It had only been two weeks since THE DEMON WOLF got his butt kicked so bad, so now the twin hunks were Omegas looking for a new pack!

Stiles and Isaac were especially ticked at the twins for their roles in getting Boyd (and probably also Erica) murdered. That was honestly a good point. It had only been a few weeks since that happened! Nobody trusted these buncha fisting werewolves and for good reason. On the other hand, they were definitely seeming more human lately, especially where matters of the heart were concerned:

Aw, Danny had gotten back together with his prom date! Is that technically a rebound? Or was the twin a rebound from Danny's prom date? I don't know. Danny sure is knee-deep in hunks lately. But I loved this moment where the twins decided to re-enroll in high school just because. They laid out a bunch of reasons why high school sucks but decided to go for it anyway, mostly for the sexy times I guess. But again, this is a trope that other shows don't really comment on: Why powerful, seemingly immortal creatures are willing to go through a rigorous college prep curriculum for no reason. At least Ethan was up front about not wanting to take math class anymore. Yeah, these guys are getting way more likable now. I'm rooting for them to redeem themselves, how about you?

Whoa, check out Kira's Air Jordans!

Kira is a real klutz and that's probably why Scott likes her so much. What a bunch of sweet kids. Also this scene was Pulitzer-level writing, for real. Scott was expressing doubt about his chances with a hottie like Kira and Stiles tried to convince him that SCOTT was the sought-after one. In other words Scott was essentially hashtag-the-hottest-girl in school.

Which was already cute enough when Stiles said it because I love when these guys think nothing of saying heartfelt things that high school boys would probably never say. But then look who showed up to co-sign?

AAAAAHHH! Sorry guys I can't help myself, this was the best! I mean look at what Scott did when Isaac told him how universally lusted-after he was:

And then look at what Isaac did when Scott looked so happy:

Oh boy. I'm just straight-up weak in the knees now. Call me lonely but THIS WAS THE BEST. I love this show. Put this scene on my tombstone. Just loop it on an iPad or something and glue it onto the headstone, I don't know, you figure it out pls.

Meanwhile in class the Coach was having a mild drug freakout (they might've given him too much methadone at the facility where he lives) and broke a coffee mug and started crying and then Lydia started to hear buzzing but it was only invisible bugs, no big deal.

Speaking of bugs: Doug Jones' surgery did NOT go well.

AAAAAAAAAAHHH NOOOOOOOOOO. How could you do this to us, Teen Wolf, that was DISGUSTING. A sac of flies IN HIS BODY popped and swarmed the doctors! And then he woke up and scalpel-attacked one of them. (One of the doctors, not one of the flies). What a nightmare! Just truly gross. How dare you. How dare I? How dare any of us?

I don't know why I did this. I'm very, very, very sorry about it.

Anyway, Derek sewed his uncle's finger back on, so now they can do regular high-fives and low-fives again. Meanwhile he cracked open that canister with his personal tattoo logo on the lid and shook out some werewolf press-on nails.

It wasn't clear yet what Derek was going to do with those crusty fingernails but Peter Hale looked WARY as h*ck. So it was probably not a fun thing.

Then Aiden successfully talked a reluctant Lydia into a sexy rendezvous in the coach's office, but a Halloween prank made everything fall off the walls and it was a real boner-killer. So they went somewhere else! But guess who was hiding behind the door?

It was Doug Jones! He came to the high school! And there was still the matter of a gaping surgical wound to deal with.

NO NO NO NO NO NO. No. 

But you know what happens when an escaped killer invades the high school during school hours? The WHOLE GANG gets together!

It was honestly so wonderful. I love teamwork so much. Everybody, even the twins, got together and used their special strengths to help get this guy. Allison busted out her Bestiary PDF and Lydia threw out some Latin skills and turned on her banshee 'dar. Meanwhile Scott's mom brought Doug Jones' clothes from the hospital so the wolf boys could find his scent.

But almost immediately Ethan got all frowned-up because look what they found in the boiler room:

Aw, poor Ethan. All he did was help murder one of Danny's classmates and then ignore him for two weeks. We all make mistakes. Oh well. Hang in there, E.

So then Lydia deduced that Doug Jones was very likely trying to lure all the werewolves into the basement so he could blow them all up, and that's when Stiles took matters into his own hands: He set off the fire alarm!

But then he got busted, of course. To be honest, uh, shouldn't the authorities have evacuated the school anyway? A roaming child-murderer in the vicinity? So really what Stiles did was just the most reasonable thing possible. But you know what? I don't run a high school let alone a high school on TV.

Meanwhile in the library Kira had her headphones in and the Coach had to personally get her to go outside.

AAAHHHHHHHH!! This part was a nightmare! Doug Jones just chillin' in the stacks! (Remember when the Kanima ruined and/or ate most of the library? It's mostly fixed now, just FYI.)

So then Scott took a break from his tense/urgent goal of finding the killer so that he could have a bizarro-world reenactment of the super awkward dinner scene from Season 1. But this time it was the father who WANTED him to be there.

Haha Kira was embarrassed because her father continued to be a reverse-c*ckblocker and it was really cramping her style. But it still led to a pretty fun dinner scene involving Scott's first time eating Japanese cuisine:

Yeah, first Kira had to help Scott use chopsticks (sometimes Scott seems developmentally disabled and this was one of those moments) and then she literally fed him sushi and then he ate all the wasabi in one bite because he thought it was guacamole. Oh, Scott! Just classic Scott, really. And I'm not quite sure what the significance of making Kira's dad a Korean who had taken his wife's Japanese name, but it did lead to an extremely touching moment where Scott asked why his mom still went by McCall and she replied because it was Scott's name also. Scott's mom is kind of the secret MVP of this season so far. Have I mentioned how much I like her? She is probably my favorite TV mom in recent history. 

Meanwhile Lydia was feeling stressed because of low banshee mojo or whatever. Basically she felt that she should've found that murderer but didn't and now she felt super bad about it.

Fortunately she was with Stiles and he complimented her so much and it was EXTREMELY touching. So far these two have had the best and most romantic moments of the season and it seems like they probably need to hook up finally because I don't know how much more our hearts can take of this stuff. They just get each other, you know? I realize they are fictional characters created by writers and exist via actors' contracts and union fees and, I don't know, market testing? But I AM INVESTED. Stiles and Lydia are wonderful. Anyway, to cheer her up, he took her back to the high school so they could investigate more and prove that her instincts were correct. And look at the clue Doug Jones randomly left for them on a chalkboard!

Kira. He was after Kira. But why? And more importantly, why would he randomly leave those atomic numbers on the board? Did he WANT some nerdy monster to figure out his scheme? Guess so. Anyway, now they knew.

Meanwhile, the Hale plotline remained very weird. Basically those werewolf fingernails belonged to Derek's dead mom and he needed to ask his mom some questions, so that meant Peter Hale needed to stuff her fingernails underneath his own fingernails (an obvious nightmare scenario) and then he had to poke Derek's neck so that he could have some kind of brain-link with a werewolf ghost. DUH.

And guess what? We didn't even learn what she had to say! But when Derek snapped out of it he seemed super troubled, so stay tuned.

I'm not going to lie, I found the anti-sushi stuff kind of offensive, but WHATEVER. Any discomfort I felt about it was quickly made up for by the presence of pizza which solves 100% of all problems. (Pepsi is brackish garbage water though.)

#SCIZZA & #KIZZA 4EVER!!!

Yeah what do you want me to say? This scene was sexy as hell and a lot of that was because of the pizza. So much human-pizza chemistry going on here. VERY into it and VERY hungry now.

Um, hold up. This next scene was a life-ruiner:

Haha Isaac tried to kiss Allison, she seemed totally into it at first until she wasn't and then lady doth protested SO MUCH. And when she explained that she couldn't be kissin' on any werewolves anymore, Isaac reasoned that they should just hug without shirts on instead. PERFECT REASONING.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WORKED. But then again, of course it worked. Isaac is not a dummy and Allison definitely isn't either. These teenagers just get it. This guy was a total bummer though:

Wow, Mr. Argent was back! And just in time to c*ckblock his daughter! Still though, this scene was perfect in every way. I would say more but come on these characters are underage and I can't keep going to jail for being creepy in recaps.

So then Kira thanked Scott for "eating her pizza" if you catch my drift, and then WHOOPS!

He got straight CONKED by Doug Jones! And when he woke up Kira was gone and Lydia had to resort to banshee screamin' in order to figure out where he'd gone.

Because "I Got The Power" oh nevermind. Yeah I guess that's how Lydia's banshee power works: Screaming helps her clarify her clairvoyance. Or something? That's what that buzzing sound was earlier; not bugs but rather electricity. That meant Doug Jones was definitely at a nearby power plant!

He had rewired the whole room to turn it into some kind of weird tesla coil hellscape! And to add insult to injury Doug Jones started snapping pictures of Kira with HER VERY OWN PRODUCT PLACEMENT.

And in case you were like, "Oh Scott and Stiles will bust in there and save her," YOU WERE WRONG. They arrived a little bit too late.

But also if you were like, "Oh, the human body can only withstand so much wattage before burning to a crisp" WRONG AGAIN.

Kira stood up and sucked up all that electricity into her tiny Korean-Japanese body and then just kept suckin' and suckin' all the power until Beacon Hills went BLACK.

What a surprise! So unless Air Jordans have some kind of new feature I haven't heard about, Kira's definitely a supernatural creature (and that was the reason Doug Jones wanted to murder her (although her eyes didn't glow)), but it's still not clear what kind. Maybe she is like Electro from the new Spider-Man movie. Or like, I don't know. Storm? I'm drawing a blank on lightning-powered superheroes. Still, I'm excited to have a new creature in the mix. Coyote Shelley Hennig was cool (wait was she a one-off? Oh no!) but that was still just another variation on a dog. Kira seems way cool. 

What was not cool? Isaac finding himself plunged into darkness while Allison's dad yelled at her for dating too many werewolves and suddenly he was surrounded by three be-cloaked intruders!

OH HELL NO. They better not mess with Isaac! He was screaming and fighting and the Argents were trying to bust down the door but then the credits busted down OUR door and we'll never know what happens next. Okay we will know next week, but that's an eternity away. I'm very upset right now. Teen Wolf, you dirty trickster. Not Isaac! 

"Galvanize" somehow mustered every single strength Teen Wolf has and blended them perfectly into a tremendous hour of television. There was teamwork; each character contributed important things (even the twins!); the horror was top-notch and genuinely unsettling; a stand-alone villain still contributed to the bigger picture; the serialized storylines have begun to reveal themselves; the parents were involved in crucial ways; romances were blossoming and they weren't annoying; that instantly classic Scott-Isaac hallway moment; the shirtless hug scene; PIZZA. Guys THERE WAS A LOT TO LIKE HERE. This writer did a great job and deserves at least one ice cream sandwich or some other delicious treat.

I am feeling really good about this season, how about you?

Question is rhetorical OK BYE 

QUESTIONS

... What is Kira?

... Is Doug Jones amazing or what? Even if you thought you had never heard of his work before, trust me, you had

... Which pair of characters gave you the most "feels" aka "feelings" aka "emotions"?

... Do the masked intruders seem like bad guys, and if so why do you say that?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/8/2016

Season 5 : Episode 20

395 Comments
Comments (395)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I also object to the highly irregular way the school dealt with a KNOWN KILLER ON THE LOOSE!! What kind of lockdown was that? Erebody climbing out of windows and running amok and Scott's mom popping in and out. It just seems like the more these parents know about dangerous supernatural monsters the more blase they are about their kids' health and wellbeing.

I am so glad Kira is also a monster!! Was getting bored with her awkward adorkableness. And her mom is sketch as fuuu! All that mysterious family history, last of her name stuff. OBVIOUSLY she is evil.
Flag
Just want to lodge my objection - why was Derek wearing really loose old blue jeans instead of his normal tight fit black jeans?
Flag
I hope Shelley Hennig is in it a lot more.
Flag
This is the link to the theory someone mentioned before in the comments.

Stiles t-shirts didn't match in various scenes of the episodes. Very interesting info.

http://colethewolf.tumblr.com/post/73807347978/i-dont-know-if-somebody-has-already-brought-this
Flag
Korean do not change their names when they marry, not even women. It honors your parents to keep the name that they gave you. Not only that but traditionally Korean and Japanese people do not get along that well. So Kra's dad changing his name is actually a big deal, but that is only if the writers know this..
Flag
What is Kira?
A very refreshing character addition. Beautiful actress!

Is Doug Jones amazing or what? Even if you thought you had never heard of his work before, trust me, you had.
Amazing and Creepy! An excellent combination within the Teen Wolf Universe.

Which pair of characters gave you the most "feels" aka "feelings" aka "emotions"?
Stiles and Lydia. They don't have the natural chemistry one usual expects of a developing on-screen romance. -- i.e., Stiles and Derek. It will be interesting to see if the writers can make this awkward heterosexual pairing - believable.

Do the masked intruders seem like bad guys, and if so why do you say that?
I suspect they are "quasi-bad guys" since they haven't yet killed anyone. I know, it's still early.
Flag
And for those who have watched next episode promo:

who is that girl kissing Stiles on "Illuminated" promo? Is she Malia? It's the same girl who was kissing Stiles on this second midseason's trailer? Agg, it all would make sense, because Stiles needs some making-out action and Malia seems a good character choice to play that part, but it just feels wrong for me :|

Flag
Ok, I know i'ts maybe too late but I have to share my thoughts:
This episode was AWESOME. Weird, but awesome, because it switched from funny to creepy to funny againg to scary-to-hell so fast that sometimes it maded me wonder if I was watching a comedy tv show or a thriller xD But because of that it has had the best jokes and the best scary scenes that TW has ever had. Just EPIC.
Now, some points:
- Mr. McCall is a jerk and Ms. DELGADO is the best. Period,
- Doug Jones has been the best villain that TW has had so far, without a doubt.
- I second Scott's decision on not letting the twins become members of his pack. You have to win it and boys, you're doing it wrong.
- #TheHottestGirlInSchool's scene (the right one) was creepy in its own way.
- I, like Price does, love team work and even more Stydia team work, because they are the "thinkers" ones, the logical ones, who tie up all the clues/facts and now with Lydia's banshee powers it would be improve.
- Sushi's scene was adorable. Even more, that scene and the Japanese/Corean lastname conversation was all about giving us some lead into this second midseason's main villain, I think. My guess is that the mother (she's from an ancient Japanese lineage and blablabla... it's so obvious, Jeff) has something to do with the Nemeton's spectra, like maybe she's summoned them or something. Which I don't know yet (I guess we'll figure it out this Monday) is if Kira was aware of her powers before the electrocution or if it triggered her powers or even if it was what gave her those powers (survive the electrocution, control the electricity, etc.) in the first place.

- I LOVE Stydia scene in Stiles's bedroom. I don't know if you've heard of it, but there's a legend that says that we all are connected by a string with those people who are destined to cross our ways at some point in our lifes. The red cord -that simbolizes love- Lydia was playing with and then Stiles disentangled from her fingers, may be a subtle hint from the writers. He also says that "red (cord) is for unsolved", refering to the leads hung on the board and she says "you only have red on the board". Are they talking about themselves/their relationship? They are definitely "unsolve" and Stiles is always "red" when it comes to Lydia. What do you think? Maybe I'm just overthinking it xD

- I don't know what Derek's mom has to do with the Nemeton (Derek's vision).

- Allison please shut up already. You wanted to kiss Isaac, don't make such a lame scene, because it was so obvious, you turned your head over knowing that he was right behind you (sniffing your hair or something, I don't know xD).

- Lydia's figuring out how her banshee powers work scene was AMAZING. I mean, the flies sound thing all over the episode and then they smash into our faces that it's not flies, it's electricity... I didn't see that one coming, honestly. And Lydia's scream as a trigger for display her clairvoyance...magnificently well made-up.
More+
Flag
What is Kira?
My theory is that Kira got her special power from her mother. Maybe its something that every female of their family has which is why her dad had to pick the family name of the mother. Maybe they are some far descendent of Raijin - The God of thunder in Japanese mythology.

Doug Jones?
He seems okay. Was pretty good and freaky acting.

Feelmotions?
Pizza! <3 Also, me likey Kira <3

Bad guys?
I'm sure they just came by for shirtless hug *nods* Why else would they where scary asian demon masks...
Flag
This episode was freaking awesome! Lydia and Stiles gave me the most feels, but I also really felt bad when Ethan caught Danny kissing his prom date. I love Ethan and Danny. :) I laughed so hard when Mr. Argent caught Allison and Isaac. Hahahaha, love him so much!
Flag
That pizza love was like PIZZANA in The Secret Circle!
Flag
A kitsune can come in the form of either a young beautiful girl (Kira) or a wise old man (I think its the Chinese man we all saw in the trailer) A kitsune can be good or bad and I think Kira is going to be our beautiful good kitsune for season 3b!!!!
Flag
I thought this episode was, for the most part, too cool!

I guess I was far more intrigued by what was going on at the hospital than most here, because that's what really affected me the most. First, Agent McCall comes in like a bulldozer, seeming to not care one whit about the fact that his ex-wife has to pre-interview a psychopath. What I did love was the look on Sheriff Stilinski's face, a mixture of concern and admiration for her, with just a bit of "glad it's not me". That's the strongest feel I got from the entire episode, that Agent McCall's a d!#k and that Sheriff Stilinski has lots of heart, with quite a bit going out to Melissa.

That deal with no guards in the surgical room or on the door to it at least...well, I think Agent McCall is the pot calling the kettle black for investigating the Sheriff's case record. And Doug Jones is amazing.

Always remember that psycho killers are immune to anesthesia. That's a basic fact from just about every horror movie. Oh, and flies choose bizarre places to hang out. That truly puts perspective on the psycho being a "piece of $%!%".

I thought it was sweet, the way Kira's father was concerned about how poorly she was fitting in, and how he dealt with it. Sushi might've been a bit much for a teen he's never met, but his heart was in the right place. I'm guessing that Kira is the Kitsune, but I love that ability to absorb electricity. And I bet her mother is the same as her.

I am so glad that Scott took Isaac and Stiles' side on not letting Ethan and Aidan join his pack; good call. If those two want to join his pack, they had better prove themselves big time! But Aidan using Danny as a lure to get Ethan to go back to high school was classic.

Scott's the hottest girl...that was hilarious!

Lydia's beginning to understand her abilities, and she's already realized that reading about it is not enough. She's the perfect person to combine book knowledge with "on-the-job" training. But she really does need to talk to Peter about it as well. He seemed to understand more than anybody else what she could do, what with him using her to bring himself back from the dead.

I love Stiles and Lydia building a deep friendship from mutual admiration. They work really well together.

It's about time Chris Argent show up and give Allison and Isaac a hard time. That whole "room with guns" and "another werewolf!" was perfect. But I'm so worried about Isaac now. Hasn't he gone through enough in his life, that now he's a target for demonic fireflies.

Derek and Peter had so much fun hurting each other that I'm beginning to be a bit concerned that this being a family trait. And Peter, we do NOT believe you are sentimental. You're a sociopath...an awesome and gorgeous sociopath, but a sociopath none the less. Why do you want your sister's nails???!!
More+
Flag
I just have to say Price your recaps never fail to make me laugh out loud. I look forward to Teen Wolf and just as much heading over to tv.com to rehash the events. Keep up the witty references and hilarious captioned screen shots.
Flag
"Do the masked intruders seem like bad guys, and if so why do you say that?" - I thought this was supposed to be the rhetorical question. :P

I love Stiles and Lydia, they are always the best together... But how could you not mention Stiles telling his dad Lydia had a feeling bc she was a banshee. Brilliant scene!

Flag
That scene between Stiles & his dad is one of my favorites!
Flag
"although her eyes didn't glow" I was kinda waiting to see the flash photos he took to see if her eyes were maybe glowing there...
Flag
I love this episode, I love Isaac, I love Kira, I love Scott's mom, I love everyone!!! This season is awesome.
Flag

Void Kitsune: Void kitsune’s are like the unholy Kitsune or dark matter Kitsune. They use dark magic and tend to have black or very dark fur colors. Their markings are usually a lighter color then their fur and have no distinguishable patterns. Void Kitsune cannot handle spirit or holy matter, and can kill a void Kitsune. Nearly all voids are Male, female voids are insanely rare and pretty much never happen. They are able to create dark matter balls, teleport, invisibility, the ability to become shadows, and phase through walls. Every Void Kitsune needs to use a dark matter ball to keep them alive, and feed off its energy at least monthly.

**Maybe that paint in Stiles's room is a clue for the "demons" (oni masks) that Isaac saw.
Flag
I have no idea what Kira is, but those dudes that took Isaac were wearing what sorta looked like oni masks, which literally means "demon" in Japanese, so I'm sensing a connection there.
Flag
The most common theories is that probably she is a Raiju or a Kitsune.

Thunder/Lightning Kitsune – These types of Kitsune can summon storms and have electrical powers. They feed of the rain and the storms to survive. They are typically blue colors, and storm colors like gray, or yellow and have storm related markings on their fur. Some of the abilities are, summoning or creating storms, manipulating already made storms, telepathy, and others, as they get older.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1660717-kitsune-clans

Flag
I think it would be awesome if they introduced some Japanese (or Korean) myths and fairy tales! It'd pretty much be a first for a popular supernatural tv show.
Flag
Good to see Mr.Argent back. I'm thinking now that it may have been Kira's mom at the end of last week's episode. Also that should be the new nokia lumia 1020 ad.
Flag
EVERYTHING about Kira sucking in the electricity led my brain to auto Kresley Cole=Valkyrie eat lightening/electricity of all kinds land... I know Japanese/korean doesn't usually scream Nordic warrior reapers but thats where my head went **shrugs**. Hey if Lydia and me a messenger of upcoming death (aka banshee) it would make sence in a round about way for them to bring a Valkyrie (aka Nordic warrior angel) into the mix to guide the worthy dead to a better place? Lol I'm enjoying other thinking this way too much.
Flag
i knew kira wasn't a normal person, why else would scot get the 'hots' for her ?

i knew isaac and allison would get closer even if it's such a cliche.

i kinda knew allisons daddio would turn up (as he has been absent alot)
Flag
Summation:
Doug Jones is a badass
Kira is the female Static Shock
Anything with Scott's mom evokes many feels
I'd say the twins are the #HottestGirlsInSchool
Flag
First I'm just gonna say this was for me one of the best episode ever, insanely scary and hilarious at the same time!
There were so many moments: The Hottest Girl, Isaac and Allison, the dinner at the Yukimura's, the twins and Danny and last but not least, Stiles cheering Lydia up. Seriously, they're together but still haven't figured it out.

I'm beginning to like the Allison-Isaac pairing that I've never been particularly fond of. Maybe because I didn't feel any emotion from Allison's part?
Scott and Kira are just too cute. Scott is too cute and clumsy sometimes. They're two clumsy and adorable adolescents *____*
And so Kira has electricity-related powers, go figure.

The twins are making me laugh so hard. But still, the show needs to remind us (and the other characters) more of their role in Erica and Boyd's deaths.

Oh, finally the demons have come. For Isaac, obviously. Interesting that they can come out only in pure darkness!

Derek and Peter, I'm not really invested. Why can't they come up with some reason why Cora is nowhere to be seen? I'm more curious to know more about Braeden and Deucalion!

The psycho murderer was just so creepy.

Mama McCall is just the best. I want her to adopt me!
More+
Flag
Ok, not to shock anyone, but a post on Tumblr made me notice how during the last few episodes Stiles has been wearing the same t-shirt in a few scenes (even in the scene when he and Lydia discover the atomic numers on the blackboard he wears a certain shirt one moment and a different one in another) and Teen Wolf doesn't usually make this type of mistake, so... there are some theories going around that a few scenes Stiles's is experiencing might be one of his nightmares.

Flag
Link?
Flag
I'll try and find it
Flag
The twins actually had a very good reason to enroll back to school: Even when Scott didn't take them in his pack, the twins decided to do the next best thing: pretend. They obviously decided to hang around Scott (in a place where Scott couldn't even get rid of them) for any wandering omega-hating werewolves to assume that they were his pack. Of course some sexy-times wouldn't hurt, either.
Flag
Stiles and Lydia just GET each other. Well said, Price, as usual.
Flag
I really hope that Kira's dad OR MOM is secretly evil and planning something big. I hated that dinner scene. I thought it was too corny and a bit awkward, especially when Kira fed Scott.
Flag
So true - the writing is generally so good on TW that this scene definitely felt off. Really cliche too. Wasabi jokes, ugh, total snore!
I think it is a little weird for a father (who is also a school teacher) to be so keen to set his teenage daughter up with a potential boyfriend so I am guessing something in the nature of whatever Kira is (Electra! that mother seemed a bit scary and the last of her line so clearly the powers come from her, and perhaps they are evil like you say) needs a boyfriend?
Flag
Yes, very cliched... And it's strange how eager he is to set her up with Scott. Yes, yes, yes lol I agree.
Flag
Generally uncomfortable moment, but I kind of love her parents, especially her dad's aggressively helpful/awkward parenting style. The whole chopsticks thing was a bit forced, but I suspect that Kira's reflexes are a little too supernatural, and it's part of the episodes foreshadowing.
Flag
I'm glad I'm not the only one.. When she caught the sushi out the air, I was like "holy shit! Girl got some cat like reflexes " It kinda reminded me of me and mrs smith, when he dropped the wine to test her and she just caught it without looking lol
Flag
*Mr and Mrs smith
Flag
I hope it's the mom. We need a new evil mom in Teen Wolf.
Flag
I hope so too
Flag
She totally is. She's the one from an ancient lineage drawn to the new darkness in beacon hills..
Flag
This was one VERY good episode; action packed, thrilling and funny all at the same time.
The best moments for me:
- Scott sneaking up behind Styles and then... Styles on the floor: "I hate you"
- Scott: "I'm the hot girl!!"... Isaac: "Yes, yes you are"
- Ethan: "Oh,really??" and Aiden snickering behind him
- Mr. Argent: " Another werewolf?!?!?!?!?! "
I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!
And Price, GREAT review and recap!!!!
Flag
Price, I have to say the best review EVER!!!! I literally laughed out loud when you put black thingies on Peter's nail and then the line "I don't know why I did this. I'm very, very, very sorry about it". Hahaha EPIC!!!
Also the pictures of the bromance [romance-you are hoping for] between Isaac and Scott, great work!
Ok enough ramblings of my man-crush on you.
Flag
This episode was average as usual, except for the ending. I don't know what Kira is but that light show was a bit too much. Those special effects (for the electricity) were like made by amateurs. I know it is a teen wolf, but I think they can step up a bit in quality or a lot, there is definitely room for improvement.
Flag
This episode was average? Boy, do you have high standards. It was a well-balanced episode with humor, a great stand-alone creepy antagonist, and movement on character and plot. What more could you want?
Flag

I have to mention that quote or line because I love it and no one mention it.
Flag
It's an oft quoted line from Samuel Beckett's WEIRD novella Worstward Ho:

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."
Flag
What does the kitsune raiju say?
Flag
Poll

Flag
I would vote for Stiles and Lydia but I'm guessing the question was about positive feelings. And I have none for the two of them coupled up on a path to romantic disaster :(
Scott and Kira have me actually invested in Scott which hasn't happened since the S2 finale. The awkwardness is sweet. She is a mixture of S1 Scott and Stiles. And his reactions to her are cute. He seems amused, intrigued and nervous at the same time. It makes them very enjoyable to watch.
Flag
I don't know about feelings, but I liked Scott and Kira's interactions most in this episode. It was awkward at parts, innocent, and the funny in some parts. It is nice to see Scott have down time for a change. I like them as a potential couple and as friends. Next is Stiles and Lydia's interactions. I don't know if they'll ever be together, but their friendship is really solid now. I'm leaning on them staying friends at this point. I didn't really like Isaac and Alison interaction this episode. Isaac's taking off his shirt to entice sex when they should had me saying, No f##king way that worked.
Flag
I find Allison & Isaac funnier more than 'feels'-inducing... Might be Isaac's cardigans that make me giggle each time or Argent dad finding them shirtless... So hilarious...
I still like better Allison & Scott but yep, in this ep, Stiles and Lydia were awesome... Stiles is normally awesome with everyone to be fair... His bromance moments with Scott are just adorable...
Flag
Mama McCall and Sheriff Stilinkski: "We know a few kids who match that description."
Flag
I definitely liked Stiles & Lydia the most. While I love Scott and Isaac, and I'm okay with Allison and actually like Kira, I'm not a fan of these blossoming relationships. Anyway, knowing how Stiles feels about Lydia, I just want him to be happy, even if that means he and Lydia just remain great friends and nothing more.
Flag
You know, I'm actually confused. Sometimes I find myself thinking that their relationship as friends is something so precious, coming from a Lydia that was so mean to him. I would hate to see them losing that.
Sometimes they seem not just in love with each other, but that they actually LOVE each other, like something strong and grown.
I really am confused. XD
Flag
I know what you mean lol
Flag
"So then Kira thanked Scott for "eating her pizza" if you catch my drift"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA PRICEEEEEEE
Flag
... What is Kira? Really good question, to which I want answers. Whatever she is, it's nice to have something very different. I've bever heard of a creature that can absorb electricity. Well, that's not entirely true, the vampires on Sanctuary could, but I'm not expecting vampires here.
... Is Doug Jones amazing or what? Even if you thought you had never heard of his work before, trust me, you had. He's amazing. I had heard of him, seen him in many things. He did a great job creeping me the heck out.
... Which pair of characters gave you the most "feels" aka "feelings" aka "emotions"? Scott and Stiles, closely followed by Scott and Isaac. It's a near tie, it actually may be a tie.
... Do the masked intruders seem like bad guys, and if so why do you say that? Well, they broke into the house without getting shocked. That's just not fair. Poor Isaac got shocked. I know, the electricity was out, still doesn't make it fair. Besides, they broke in and surrounded him. It's not like they stretched out their hands shake, they were trapping him. Assholes.

My very long review, broken out by scene:
I laughed and laughed during this episode. It was a wonderful thing after the dark and depressing episodes of the past few weeks. It did feel like the episode jumped around a bit. It reminded me a lot of season 2 where each scene felt like its own vignette.
I think the easiest way to discuss the episode is scene by scene:
The hospital: Creepy is an understatement. Child killers just disgust me and leave me with the heebee jee bees. Doug Jones played up the crazy. I was irritated with Agent Asshole McCall, who is so unapologetic for all the shit he brings with him. He leaves a wake of pain behind him wherever he goes. How he's leaving his ex-wife to face a psycho mass murderer who want her son dead is beyond me. Nice dude, nice.
Locker room: Jeff has said this in interviews, and I completely support it: the real relationship and romance of the show is between Scott and Stiles. This whole tease was just adorable. They are brothers through and through and it's awesome.
Parking lot: Well, fans were wanting Boyd and Erica's deaths addressed. They got a bit of satisfaction this week. I get it, I really do. I suppose, though, that I am more like Lydia in that I never felt any real connection to Erica and Boyd, so their deaths haven't really affected me so I'm more forgiving of the twins. Yet, I do stand by Scott's decision to not include the twins in his pack. As forgiving as I may be, I don't trust them. Stiles and Isaac don't trust them. And Scott is a wise Alpha who listens, so he doesn't trust them. YAY!
Of course, I thought Stiles decision to open his mouth with such ferocity was surprising. After all, in the last episode he saw his Alpha bro get his ass kicked by these two Omega's, who could really hurt our dear Stiles. Still, so freakin' funny.
In a lot of ways, this was a hugely important scene. This was the first chance for Scott to make a decision as an Alpha. How he made this decision was the most important aspect, because he let wise counsel help support the decision he'd already made on his own. First he began by letting the twins argue their side. This is not something Derek would have done. Derek didn't like listening to anyone. It took a long time for him to finally start listening to Scott. Of course, Duke and Peter were even worse. So, to take the time to discuss the issue was a huge deal. Then when he finally gave his verdict after listening to all arguments, he went ahead and mentioned the wise counsel first as his reasoning. He wants his pack, humans, Banshees, and wolves, to know that he is listening.
Hallway: The whole "hot girl" scene has just rocketed to my top five favorite moments of this show. I'm still giggling. Give me moment, I need to calm down.
Stiles: Scott, I don't think you get it yet. You're an Alpha. You are the apex predator. Everyone wants you, you know, you're like the hot girl that every guy wants.
Scott: I'm the hot girl?
Stiles: You are the hottest girl.
Scott: I'm the hot girl.
Isaac: Yes you are.
Ha, ha, ha!!! And the adorably cheesy smile on his face was icing on the cake, followed by Isaac's own adorable smile. Oh yum all around!! Please, Jeff and the rest of the writers, more of this!!
Coach's Office/Classroom: Brillant. I'll remember to call on Stiles if I need any prank advice. Another fabulous giggling moment. Again, I need a break...
Surgery: One word: disgusting. What the hell is wrong in this town? This was just sick and wrong. Jeff, how could you bring me from fits of painful laughter to the need to vomit in such short time. This was the brilliance of the episode. It wasn't just a laugh riot, there was so much going on this week. Disgusting, dark, dreary, depressing was all at play. We just also got the chance to bust a gut laughing. Oh, and Agent McCall should be fired for not having an agent in the room during the surgery and several agents on all doors. They made a big show at the beginning of all the law enforcement surrounding Barrow, that it was so odd he should even have been able to attempt escape.
Derek's Loft: Someone please explain to me how claws could possibly hold the soul or at least a memory of a person. I'm lost. I know this show has taken some weird turns in the past, but this is ridiculous.
Hallway 2: Jocelyn, I know it bothered you about Lydia hooking up with Aiden, but I have to admit, they have chemistry.
Coach's Office 2: Can we all save a lot of money and just use staple guns in the future to suture wounds?
Hallways 3/Outside of School: FBI and Local police apparently suck. There is a murderer running loose, at least they were smart enough to go the the high school. Unfortunately, they don't know how to do a proper sweep. Seriously, the man has his guts falling out of his body, he's barely just stapled himself up. Someone, anyone, find the blood drops and most likely some pooling that would lead directly to him. This leads me to my next gripe. I understand how the chemicals could mask his scent, but how did it mask his trail to the chemical closet? Like law enforcement, I don't know how the blood droplets and the like got past the wolves.
Classroom #2: Kira isn't going to make any friends if she hides in the classroom with her father.
Basement: You go Danny, let go of the past. It's good for you, and could save your life down the road not being involved with a mass murdering werewolf.
Classroom #3: I understand why Lydia and Stiles were concerned for their eye glowing friends, but these are supposed to be the reasonable ones, right? Barrow has been in prison for awhile, so how would he know who the glowing eye kids would be? Since last time he focused on the glowing eyed kids, then why would now he decide to blow up the whole school? After the discussion with Kira later, I could see evidence for those assumptions, but at the time, there was nothing to suggest he was going to take out hundreds of kids.
Out of School #2: "If I was four years younger...it makes sense to me!" He, he. Seriously, gotta love Coach.
Library: I often listen to music with my earbuds, and there is no way I would be able to miss an alarm blaring even with my earbuds in. Please, let's bring a little reality back to the show. Please.
Yukimura house: Scott really needs to start turning down all these invites. They always suck. Then again, lots of opportunity for us to enjoy the awkwardness. Speaking of awkward, it was totally weird how the parents just watched him take that first bite. But, I did appreciate the moment where Kira got to teach him how to use chopsticks. Oh, and the girl knows the value in a good pizza. I'm liking her more and more. Wasabi!!
Stiles room: Lydia on Stiles bed! Their growing comfort level with each other is adorable. I love this relationship. The slow burn has been so much fun to watch. And how they have grown to trust, love and respect each other has been a thing of beauty.
Argent apartment: Bestiary full of creepy pictures, disturbing but informative. Shock's on the windows, priceless.
Classroom #4: Her name in chemical numbers on the chalkboard?!?!?! The leaps in logic in this whole scene are just too annoying to recount. I'll just get pissed.
Derek's mind: Talia is a beautiful wolf. Very excited to find out next week what he learned.
Phone call: "Because it's your name too honey." Melissa McCall, is awesome. No, she's AMAZING!!
Allison's room: I found this scene to be supremely awkward. I didn't get the point to the shirtlessness. When the twins strip down to become one big giant, that makes sense, except the pants. When Isaac got into an ice bath, it made sense, again except the pants. The boys stripping down in the locker room to change, makes sense. Isaac just randomly trying to seduce her by taking off his shirt - just stupid! This felt so forced it made me sick. And yet, I forgive it all for Chris walking in and making it so supremely awkward. If they made me feel uncomfortable, then they deserve to be uncomfortable too. Also, "ANOTHER WEREWOLF?!?!?"
Outside Yukimura home: How was this bleeding, mouth breathing, stench filled (Scott had his clothes, and knows his scent) killer able to sneak up on our Alpha? I don't buy it. He can catch randomly shot arrows from crossbows (i.e. when Stiles accidentally shot at him), but doesn't realize this guy is there. I don't buy it!!
Outside Yukimura home #2: This is a neighborhood. The entire neighborhood should have been running into the streets after Lydia screamed. And you can't tell me that mortals don't hear her (i.e. when she screamed in her house and her parents didn't react), because Stiles can hear her just fine. Also, when she spun around and the boys jumped, I had to laugh.
Power substation: The man watches too many movies. Dude, it's fiction, get over it. Well, unless you live in Beacon Hills. Of course, the big question is: What is Kira? I have no guesses, but I have to admit the scene where she absorbed the electricity was awesome. I'm very excited to see where they go with this. More odd leaps of logic: why would he go after Kira? She had just barely moved to Beacon Hills. What is this man? There has to be a lot more to him than meets the eye. I love a good mystery. [Spoiler: I know that in one of the previews the Sheriff talks about him being controlled. So, do we have another kanima situation brewing?]
Allison's room #2: Isaac's life sucks! The man is beaten, tortured and in pain in almost every episode. I hate his life. Love him, though.
More+
Flag
Ok, firstly I'm gonna state that I'm kinda tipsy due to an unrelated celebration, so if I don't make sense its cos I've had a few champagnes... (watched ep, have not read review yet)

I love Teen Wolf for many, many reasons...
But as a Bisexual female I must say , I LOVE how Teen Wolf treats homosexual relationships no different than heterosexual relationships. THANK YOU! In this day & age, love is love - attraction is attraction. Thank you for treating it as such!
And also, Stiles & Lydia are sooo much hotter than Scott & Allison! As singles & and as a couple (fingers crossed for Stydia!).
Totes loved the Allison & Isaac scene! ;)
Flag
This is the one and only show that treats homosexuality the way it should and I must say, with gay guys who are just as hot and manly as the straight ones! As a gay guy I had to convene with you!
Flag
Yeah, nice pizza scene but I'm team pizzana 4eva!!
Flag
She's Pickachu!!!!
Flag
Just don't make kira sonething ridiculous like a pixie or a fairy because then it would be dumb. I wouldn't doubt that they make her a witch
Flag
I forget how much I love this show sometimes

... What is Kira? Something really awesome probably
... Is Doug Jones amazing or what? Ugh he gave me the willies. HE WAS GREAT!
... Which pair of characters gave you the most "feels" aka "feelings" aka "emotions"? Stiles and Lydia, common guys the feels was so good this episode. I felt the connection, it's just gotta happen!
... Do the masked intruders seem like bad guys, and if so why do you say that? They make poor sassy Isaac scream/wail so defs bad guys in my books right now!

I literally have no idea where this second half of the season is going. I freakin love it!

Flag
19 53 88...Oddly done....but wait, did Teen Wolf really just succeed at teaching me Chemistry in more that one way? I think they did...

Teen Wolf: improving grades and saving lives everywhere!
Flag
So I have a crush on Scott's Mom...
Flag
Totally with you on this one!
Flag
LOL Me too!
Flag
SO many good things about this episode. So many. My favourite being the "I'm the hottest girl!" exchange between Stiles, Scott and Isaac. Instant classic.

Other things I like? Sheriff Stilinski had a cute concerning look at Mrs McCall. These two need to hook-up NOW. Mostly because the look on Scott and Stiles' face would be PRICELESS. And they called all move in together (with Isaac) and have a big, beautiful family! Ahem. Um.

Other things! Stiles and Lydia. Please let that happen. They just GET EACH OTHER.

Derek's face when Talia's wolf appeared. He was all, "Mommy?" and it was sad/adorbs. PS, where is Cora? I know she's been written out of the series, but don't let her be dead!

I thoroughly applaud this series for how it handles its teenage romances. Even though I will always have a soft spot for Scott x Allison, I actually quite like Scott X Kira... only not sure about Isaac x Allison, but lol at "ANOTHER WEREWOLF?!"

Great episode.
Flag
So it's official, has Cora been written out? First Erica, now her?
Flag
I agree on the Sheriff/Mama McCall relationship. I caught the look he made behind her at the hospital and it squeezed my heart a bit.

Derek just can't catch a break, huh? Poor bloke.
Flag
They're so adorable! ^_^
Flag
ANOTHER WEREWOLF! I love that line.

I read a little from wikipedia so not sure if valid. Kitsune seem female and they get together with men and bear supernatural kids. SO its likely Kira's mom and her no the dad. No specific indication about power but she's supposed to be a fox. First we have wolves then a coyote and then a fox? then Fly man I get their trying to expand the Teen wolf universe with new types of sups but I think they might just overdo it. Apparently there is a load of supernaturals that we don't even know about yet.

The episode was weird everyone felt a little off. somehow. I forget why scott allison break up again and then ANOTHER WEREWOLF?

Flag
Their break up was never really clear. I think it was a few reasons like how when push came to shove she didn't trust Scott over her grandfather and was manipulated into being ready to kill Derek's pack. I think she broke up with him out of guilt for not trusting Scott, shame of how she almost killed people so easily, and to try and to solve things with her dad about their family. They were broken up all summer so its possible they grew apart in that time.

There was an attraction in early 3a and some lingering feelings, but as that season progressed Scott and Alison worked apart from each other, while she mostly spent time with Isaac. They helped each other emotionally during that story arc, while Scott and Alison's lingering feelings seem to have gone.
Flag
I loved the "ANOTHER WEREWOLF" line but it doesn't come close to the 2 seconds before it:

"I want to have a talk in my office, where I keep my guns!"

Actually I have no idea why Scott and Allison aren't together. The excuse was supposed to be about Allison's mom's final letter to her if I recall correctly (which is letter Gerard switched but nobody knows)

But... Umm... What is the point of her dating another wolf then?
Flag
Yeah I was about to say that after Raizen's comment.
Flag
I agree with you, they broke up because reasons, not because they didn't love each other. Clearly in 3A they had feeling for each other... I would have loved a real break up for real reasons.
And since now the Argents have accepted wolves, it's weird that they aren't even addressing the issue of the unresolved feelings... still, Isaac has been forced on Allison for so much time now that there's no going back I guess.
Flag
But at the same time, the ostensible reason for their break-up doesn't have to be the only reason for staying apart. I liked their romance, and I still maintain that they were excellent first loves for each other, but I like their relationship now much better. They've transitioned a teenage fling into a friendship that could really last. In the same way—as Price mentioned last week, I think—Stiles' crush on Lydia has turned into a real friendship. Maybe they'll get together—and I think they'd make a wonderful, and perhaps long-time, couple—but the slow burn is better. It gives their (potential) romance a real foundation.
Flag
Pepsi, yes disgusting. As well as pineapples on pizza is not the business.

I like the Kira-Scott thing somewhat (well I don't know how I feel about her dad pimping her out), but I definitely can't stand Alison-Isaac, that's not cool. You're staying with Scott and his mom and you dipping in his leftovers. Messed up. Yet on that note, I do feel bad that Isaac doesn't seem to really ever get the fare-share of things. Like getting beat up during the black-out like he hadn't been beat all his life already.

Stiles and Scott's mom are my favorite two characters by far now. I'd so be down with Stiles finally getting his lady. Team Stilydia! (steel-dee-ah)

Doug Jones..... great villain. Townsfolk definitely should have been more scared, yet I guess it was all on the hush hush and people didn't know.

How come the twin didn't smell the bleeding Doug in the coach's office when he and Lydia were gonna get they freak on? Were his hormones rushing too much that he couldn't?

Finally, I don't know what to say about the whole Hale situation, except are he and Scott on the outs since they still haven't talked? And what did dear old mommy say? I also don't know what to say about the great and powerful Oz, I mean Kira. I'm waiting for her eyes to glow though to tie the story together, otherwise, Doug was just crazy.
More+
Flag
Yeah, I was wondering about why they couldn't sense Doug. They later said he covered himself in chemicals or something, but even so - don't wolves have super hearing?

I mean Scott managed to hear Jennifer's heart bit in the boiler room he couldn't hear the music in Kira's headphones which was supposed to be so loud she couldn't hear the fire alarm?

As for her Dad, he isn't pimping her out. It's clear Kira is a loner in an alarming rate. That was the whole point of him pointing out to her that she should be eating lunch with her friends not with her dad - she has no friends.
And frankly if you would see a kid, who as his teacher you easily know if he's good enough for your daughter, who also happens to be a major hunk and your daughter already likes him... Well I really don't see the problem at all.

Flag
I forgot, I too love the bromance between Scott and Stiles. Has their post-near death experience panic attacks stopped? As well as Alison's gidders?
Flag
Credit to: ohlittle- red
For posting this on Tumblr.

Final still from the movie Village of the Damned (1960) picturing the mutant children’s glowing eyes against the burning building they were in. (x)

The movie features mutant, telepathic children who are thought to be behind numerous deaths in the village. In the end the building they are in is purposefully bombed by the government. Considering what I already suspect about the themes of World War II and Japanese Internment, and the Yukimura family, this reference seems to underscore not only the supernatural, but also the capability government (or someone under the guise of government) has to exterminate the supernatural.

Flag
Saw this on Tumblr. LOL

Flag
"New opening credits! Well, newly color-corrected opening credits (so much red!) with a few new images, like this bloody nightmare mask and Jeff Davis ' name getting struck by lightning. Still my favorite opening credits on TV for sure." Price in Anchors Recap

Jeff Davis name getting struck by lightining- I thought the same (like Price) that this has to mean something. Now this make more sense (with the Kira scene).

Flag
For the people thinking Kira is a Raiju, i found a picture of one with a mask simialr to the design that, Isaacs' attackers were wearing

http://www.sodahead.com/entertainment/what-type-of-creature-would-you-be-based-on-several-elements/question-3399483/?slide=4
Flag
More info:
Like the Nue, Raijū appear to be an amalgamous creature comprised of various other creatures. However, Raijū are much smaller than Nue, and seem to resemble more closely to various woodland animals, like badgers, raccoons, and foxes. It seems that Raijū differ in appearance in accordance with where they are spotted, leading one to believe that Raijū tend to adapt to their location., Raijū are said to resemble a small grey wolf, with long legs and a tail and pointed head like an enchanted fox. They also possess claws like those of a bird of prey. Other accounts describe it more as resembling a monkey or large cat, or having a tawny or reddish colouring.

But the most telling difference between the Nue yōkai and Raijū stems from its origins. As kitsune are the messengers of the Shinto god Inari, Raijū serve the storm god Raijin, or Raiden (雷神/雷電).

Flag
I'd say thats more the the artist taking liberties with the source material. Isaac's attackers are without a doubt Oni; also japanese but totally unrelated to raiju or kitsune.
Flag
It might also be related to the shikami mask in the Argent bestiary that freaks out Allison and Isaac. (Though I have no idea why a Japanese noh mask would be in an early print Latin bestiary.)
Flag
I'm pretty sure they're the "lightning bug" shadows from the nematon.
Flag
Guess will have to wait till next week to find out :)
Flag
I'm assuming Isaac's attackers are a bunch of Ninjas, who are basically the oriental version of the Argents.
Flag
Stydia scenes = all the feels!!!!!
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members