A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Teen Wolf S04E05: "I.E.D."

The main thing about supernatural teen soaps is that they deal with real teen issues via metaphors. You know? Like, when a character is secretly a monster? That's a coming out story. Or when someone joins a satanic cult? Classic clique drama. Vampirism? That's like STDs 101. Pretty much anything teens have dealt with has been transposed to a monster metaphor at some point or another. That is because being a teen is terrifying and watching literal monsters navigate life-or-death situations helps remind us that maybe our real problems aren't so bad. Buffy kind of invented this model, but Teen Wolf has been carrying the torch all over town lately. When all is said and done, I think my favorite thing currently going on this season is the issue that Scott is a TEEN DAD all of a sudden? The mentor relationship between Scott and Derek was a pretty touching thing back in Season 1, but we all know Derek never turned Scott, so it was more like an older bro situation. But the Scott-Liam thing is way more about Scott having to deal with the repercussions of not using protection and now having to raise a werewolf baby all by himself. (Scott should have used a dental dam before biting Liam probably, but even with glowing red eyes, hindsight is 20/20.) Fortunately this storyline has been very fun and charming (whenever Liam isn't literally growling at everybody) and it is obviously much more fun than the Teen Mom franchise (wait, does Teen Mom have weight room scenes?).

"I.E.D." was a big continuation of last week's episode in that we mostly just learned more about certain characters and a second list of names was unveiled. Nothing too wild or crazy, just a very solid mid-season episode. Let's talk about it!

So we started with a good and fun cold open in which a lady without a hand ran around and jumped over a fence and leaned against a bus and only paused to occasionally stare at her stump which was making SIZZLING noises. That could only mean one thing:

Violet and her super-hot bolo tie were in hot pursuit! Which meant that this blonde lady was probably a monster, but don't quote me on that.

Not that being a monster would help her in any way. It's not like Teen Wolf's THESIS STATEMENT is that werewolf powers make you a superhero. In this case this werewolf lady was no match for a 15-year-old human girl with a hot bolo tie. But at least she had spunk...

...if not great decision-making skills.

Whoops! She hopped in a strange truck and got knifed by a dreamboat. There are worse ways to go, sure, but it was definitely not the best.

Then after some opening titles we got this fun montage of all the info our heroes had learned since the last episode. 

For one thing, Stiles ran out of yarn and he had to put all his theories on a transparent white-board, which we ALL have in our bedrooms, right?

Back atcha bb.

Meanwhile they realized that the hit list Lydia uncovered last week only contained one third of the names, so Lydia was now spending all her time listening to her banshee records at the lake house, trying to crack the next code. Banshees are total vinyl snobs, it turns out.

Also those numbers next to each name were the fees that the assassins would earn. Which was kinda harsh. First of all, the wendigo guy was only worth $250K? With THAT bod? Meanwhile Kira, an immortal kitsune with a samurai sword, is only worth $6 million, but Lydia and her jalopy-like abilities are worth over three times that? And Derek is worth $15 million—which is a lot, sure, but I figured he'd be worth more. This is like the kids discovering a discarded slam book. Sometimes you just don't want to know what people think of you, you know?

My favorite thing about Sheriff Stilinski this season is that you'd assume knowing all these new facts about monsters would reinvigorate him somehow and he'd operate with much more confidence and precision now that life has started making sense to him. But instead he's SO OVER IT. Like, the second Scott brought up the Nematon, his eyes glazed over and it looked like he wanted to go to bed. Fair enough! I'm the same way when someone tries to talk to me about The Big Bang Theory.

These two. I guess this means that in the past few days they've earned $750,000? That is A LOT of money for a couple of underage teens. What are they going to spend it on? Don't say bear bones. As we know by now, that is NOT a secure investment.

Oh, and it's official: Kira has a sexy secret!

This was obviously a funny moment because at first she started coming clean about a "death pool" and murder and whatnot but her dad did NOT care. That's because a girl playing sports is much more worrisome I guess? In my opinion this town is weird.

So Beacon Hills High definitely has a weight room now, and here was Liam bench pressing EVERYTHING. Also his friend who has a name that I intend to learn soon was curling eight pounds and gossiping about Garrett, which to be fair is all I would ever do if I was in that situation. Also we found out that the lacrosse team was about to scrimmage with Liam's old high school and Liam did NOT seem happy about that. 

But then Liam found himself alone and stressed out in the locker room!

It was Derek, and he was here to push Liam's buttons!

But it was all a trick I guess? Scott gave Liam back his REAL pole and sent him on his way.

I honestly have no idea what was going on here:

Derek did something with his face and it freaked me out. Anyway, he seemed pretty proud of Scott for accepting his new responsibility as Liam's teen werewolf dad.

But yeah, it was going to be a lot of responsibility, seeing as Liam had mental problems and Scott had a lot on his plate already. Except you can't always be prepared for parenthood and Scott was just going to have to deal.

Did this part make you feel funny be honest. Lydia was trying all her old tricks to somehow force herself to have banshee visions, but Malia tagging along wasn't really helping, oh well. 

Meanwhile the assassins were in the science lab inventing new anti-werewolf potions.

It wasn't made clear via dialogue but I'm guessing this super-wolfsbane smells TERRIBLE? It looks like it smells terrible. Like anti-freeze and cat pee. Count me out.

Meanwhile the rival lacrosse team arrived and Liam attempted to keep his cool when he saw his nemesis get off the bus.

It was funny when Stiles had to jump in and make sure Liam didn't bite the hunk-dick's face off. Stiles is a pretty good mediator sometimes. So then he and Scott threw Liam under a cold shower to get him to literally chill out.

At that point they informed him that they believed the assassin was a lacrosse player (due to the werewolf girl's stab wounds matching the shape of a lacrosse stick don't ask) and one of them might get killed in the game that night. Also Liam let them know that it had been Garrett who paid for the keg at that one party, so now everyone pretty much assumed that Garrett was the assassin. Meanwhile he was walking around school looking like a total assassin:

Oh, Garrett. I am pretty sure you sleep in a storm drain now, but hopefully you can get out of the murder game soon and take up a better hobby like fishing or being all of our boyfriends. 

Meanwhile down at the station Deputy Parrish was getting in on the action!

Oh hey, Meredith! Still a crazy-person, I see. But guys, Meredith was NOT here to party. She was here on banshee business, the most serious kind. 

Meanwhile at that night's lacrosse game, the kids had a certain amount of anxiety over the fact that an assassin was probably going try to kill one of them on the field, typical lacrosse problems.

Meanwhile the jerk on the other team took off his shirt for some reason, doesn't matter why.

Meanwhile on the other side of campus, a couple of older gentlemen were paying a visit to the underground vault under the school.

Clearly Argent and Derek were on the same page that Kate Argent needed to be stopped; the main question was how?

But Derek wanted to personally handle Kate for personal reasons.

Not only did she steal away his murder (blue eyes are cooler than yellow eyes in this world I guess) but almost all of his werewolf powers were weakening. Was Derek UN-turning? Couldn't he just go out and have some unprotected bites with other werewolves and get turned back again? I don't know. 

I love the recurring thread this season that nobody has any money anymore. Lydia's family is broke, Stiles' family can't pay his mental health bills, the lacrosse team can't afford equipment or even proper lighting. Did the Benefactor steal the whole TOWN's bear bones? Or had Peter Hale been stealing them all along? Also will the assassins' paychecks trickle down into the economy? And what happened to that cool mil the Mute left behind? Did he have a wife and kids? Did any of them have mouths? I realize there is a joke to be made here about not having a lot of mouths to feed, but maybe you can write it I'm so tired. 

This was a cute moment on the field:

Ugh, Liam was going to be so mortified when he found out that Scott had personally asked his nemesis to take it easy on him. But come on, Scott, did you really think that would work? You can take the bully out of the dick but you can't take the dick out of the—whoops, nevermind.

So then Kira scored a goal!

Unfortunately the coach took a quick break from being a crazyperson and rationally explained that Kira hadn't followed the play and he benched her for the rest of the game.

I don't know, that felt pretty sexist to me considering every lacrosse game we've seen so far has had a bunch of monsters running around doing whatever they feel like. Meanwhile a tiny teen hunk assassin kept making sustained eye contact with Scott:

Way to play it cool, Garrett. BB put that knife-pole away and chill out for a minute.

Meanwhile at the station Meredith was having a hard time being a sane person, but the gang must have remembered that time she got horny for Isaac so Deputy Parrish stepped up to take his place.

And sure enough, she started spouting off numbers that would maybe help Lydia crack the code! Unfortunately there weren't enough numbers for it to be a phone number and everyone got so steamed at Meredith.

Ugh, banshees. 

Meanwhile the lacrosse game was going about as well as you'd expect:

There was this big tussle and everybody got hurt and also Garrett's blade was out, so who got stabbed with the werewolf poison??

Liam hadn't been stabbed though, he merely had a broken arm which his teen dad fixed for him. But then Lydia cracked the code and got list #2 and we found out who Garrett's REAL target had been.

It was the sexy dick-jerk-hunk-bully! He was a werewolf too! (Which in retrospect should've been obvious seeing as he was a star lacrosse player?) Suddenly Violet was yanking him around the locker room with a hot bolo tie.

But that wasn't the only interesting discovery on the new list:

HAHA WE KNEW IT YOU RASCAL. Only Stiles is allowed to be both cute and a human. But back to that new list for a second, I got kinda bummed that Kira's mom's life was only worth $5 million. What does a kitsune have to do to get any respect around Beacon Hills? Certainly not be a WORLD WAR II SURVIVOR. 

Anyway, then Scott ran into the locker room to try and save the dick-bully but Violet intercepted him with her hot bolo tie!

SO GOOD. Violet got too ambitious thinking she could take out an alpha. But also it was nice to see a werewolf actually overpower a human teenage girl finally? Call me old-fashioned, but I think that werewolves should be deadlier than humans. At least the Argents had exploding arrows and whatnot. Anyway, Scott bonked Violet's head against the wall and she took a nap. Also the dick-bully survived his decapitation attack, so expect to see that torso again soon.

And then we came to our final moment: Argent was confronted by some familiar faces!

It was Mexican Mama Fratelli and she was VERY curious as to why Argent wasn't so much of a hunter anymore. She even guilt-tripped him by name-checking his dead family members, and then she forced him to recite the old-school hunter's mantra (even though Allison had changed theirs). Eventually he went with the flow.

I guess we were meant to believe that maybe Argent was going to become a blood-thirsty hunter again, but yeah right. You don't spend several months gazing into Isaac's eyes and still feel the need to harm a werewolf, sorry. Not buying it.

Can I just say how much I'm glad that Allison keeps being name-checked this season? It's nice that this show hasn't swept her death under the rug and is continuing to honor her as being in the very DNA of the show. From passwords to weaponry to the ghost of her moral code, Allison still lives on and that feels very satisfying to me. 

"I.E.D." refers to Liam's medically diagnosed psychosis (don't worry, he quit taking his medication), but it's also the title of a fun and suspenseful episode of Teen Wolf. This was very much a fifth episode of a season, more concerned with fleshing out concepts and characters while setting up dynamics to be resolved later. But it never felt like wheel-spinning, and that's a tough feat for any rip-roarin' serial that tends to back-load its fireworks, you know? Good times, I liked it.

BYEEE

QUESTIONS

... Where is Kate sleeping these days?

... Do Garrett and Violet have a joint bank account?

... Is Scott a good dad?

... What and I mean WHAT is Deputy Parrish? 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/8/2016

Season 5 : Episode 20

806 Comments
Comments (806)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I loved this episode, especially the scenes with Scott & Liam.
Flag
Scott: My son, he is so tiny
Derek: Actually, Liam is almost as big as you, Sco-
Scott: I love my tiny son
Flag
Quick question, I forgot. Why has the Beacon Hills Police not run all those names through a system to locate them. I mean you don't have to tell anyone they're supernaturals just that there is a list that was found on a killers body and people on it are continuing to die. Seriously, gather those people and lets team up, supernaturals vs assassins showdown.

Also Scott should at least find that other pack, I'm sure there were more than 2 people in it, where the hell is the other alpha.

Flag
They did end up running those names and nothing came up. Parrish says that when Lydia and Stiles show him his name on the list.
Flag
Yah I noticed that in the following episode, he makes that comment. :)
Flag
I have been desperate to know what Parish is, since he showed up. He must be awesome though cause he is worth the same as Kira's mom.

I miss Isaac so much, I really want Chris to have a conversation about how he is doing, hell a phone call between the two if them that someone walks in on, I will take anything.

Also what is up with Derek's powers. How could Kate steal them, they're part of his friggin DNA.

Mama Fratelli is a b*tch, but I'm not worried, Chris will never betray Scott of Derek they are now all besties. I mean did you see the joy in his eyes last episode when he saw Scott for the first time, and the concern over what Kate had done to Derek. I do want to know more about the other Argent families. I don't mean to wish ill on Daniel, but I'm hoping his character dies quick on the originals and he comes back next season. How awesome would it be if Chris starts a hunter war with the Fratelli family and all the Argents (the sane ones) have to come over from France to help, and they would bring Isaac of course.

In answer to Price's question I think not only is Scott a great teen dad, if a little over protective and embarrassing (but what parent isn't), I also think Liam is a really great baby werewolf. I am really liking Liam even if he has some anger issues he can't help.
More+
Flag
Questions:
• Can't wolves smell other wolves? Wouldn't they be able to tell that 'dick-bully' was a werewolf?
• When did Meredith come onto Isaac? (I'm a little hazy about last season)
• What was the point of the Mexicans coming to visit Chris?
• Deputy Parrish looks exactly like Jackson, does he not?
• Why don't they just ask Parrish what he is? Or at least tell him that the dead pool is for SUPERNATURALS and that he has some explaining to do?
• How did Violet know how to make the detergent-wolfsbane?
Flag
Parrish is a WereRaven, they spoke about it in the previous episode
Flag
What, are you screwing with me? When the were were-ravens mentioned lol?
Flag
I think Parrish its the benefactor i believe he put himself there on the list to throw others off. Not only that, but it could be vengeance or something directly linked to supernaturals hence the hunting of them
Flag
... Where is Kate sleeping these days? Not in a backhoe in an unfinished development; that bunk is taken. Maybe she popped back to Mexico for a bit because she suddenly remembered she left the oven on.

... Do Garrett and Violet have a joint bank account? They seem pretty joined at the hip. Back in the day when I was a teen assassin, we used to have to carry wads of cash. In the snow. Uphill both ways. The kids these days, though, it's all electronic transfers and Cayman Islands accounts. They don't know what real assassination business is.

... Is Scott a good dad? He'll get there after he drops the baby a few times [in the bathtub with duct tape]. Uncle Derek is being very cool about not overtly enjoying the schadenfreude of Scott having to deal with a rebellious kid. After he was the big bro taking in runaway Scott from abusive dad Peter, I'll bet he yelled at some point, "I hope you have a beta just like you someday!" It ain't easy being a Teen [Wolf] Dad.

... What and I mean WHAT is Deputy Parrish? Hot. Oh, you mean supernaturally? I like the phoenix theory. It'd come in useful with his explosives expertise.

STELLAR recap, Price, as always!

Brought to you by Staples
Derek did something with his face and it freaked me out.
This is a judgement-free boner
You can take the bully out of the dick but you can't take the dick out of the—whoops, nevermind.
Only Stiles is allowed to be both cute and a human.
You don't spend several months gazing into Isaac's eyes and still feel the need to harm a werewolf, sorry.

So true! Not to mention broing around with Derek and mentoring Scott. I agree with other commenters that Chris repeated Mama Fratelli's code, but what she meant by "those who hunt us" is not what he meant. Especially after they name-checked Allison on him.

I am a little peeved with Chris's mention of werewolf prison, though. The hunter "rule" is supposed to be supernatural creature = death, like the flashback!Argent in the motel, Victoria Argent, or Kate with the Calaveras. But both Gerard and Kate have turned out to be far more evil than flashback!Argent or Victoria would ever have been, and even more deserving of death, but they get locked away instead? Both of them need a good sword through the torso. I'm guessing the place Chris mentioned to Derek is the facility where he has Gerard.
More+
Flag
I have not heard about this phoenix theory, please enlighten me I would love it but how do we think it would work?
Flag
A Phoenix is a mythological bird that can be consumed in fire and be reborn from the ashes. Here are some of the clues people are looking at:

In 4x06 Parrish says "Maybe I should just kill myself." Maybe he knows that he can be reborn.

He defuses bombs (Army and BHSD) which could mean that he is resistant to / has power over fire.

There is a clip that shows the sheriff car on fire and then Parrish coming through some doors with no clothes but ash all over him.

The phoenix is a symbol of immortality/youth and it has been mentioned that Parrish looks really young.

4x09 is called Perishable. Perish / Parrish?

Ash is the theme of this year's promos.

(There is also the related Camden Lahey theory. Camden was Isaac's older brother who died in Iraq. Parrish was in the Army in Iraq. Camden would be 24 if he lived. Parrish is 24. Maybe Camden was in an explosion and "died" but was reborn. He wouldn't be able to explain being brought back to life, so took the identity of another soldier.)
Flag
Hmmm I haven't watched the rest of this season yet, I'm behind, just going to watch 6 now. But yah I just always picture a phoenix as a bird I wasn't sure if people were thinking he would shape shift into one or not. That would be cool. I like it.
Flag
Going out on a limb here to say that The Benefactor could be that new doctor? Seems smart, he's been introduced, close to Liam. Liam is obviously afraid of displeasing him? He seems sort of serious, he's in a place of power in BH... and we all know you have to be in a place of power to be someone around there!
I also agree with something someone else said about the list. Lydia wrote the code and the keys, no? I'm not saying she wrote the list but she somehow got it in the form of all that wacky code with her banshee powers, so the key could definitely be Jackon as it's one of the only names left that would tie to Lydia, besides Stiles or her fam. Seems like she's teetering on the edge lately so to have that would really push her right over which could lead to interesting outcomes and possible discovery/control of her powers seeing as how she is always been her most powerful (IMO) when she's pushed and under a lot of pressure.

Anyways, just some theory! Can't wait for ep. 6!

Also 1) Where is Kate sleeping these days? Gas station bathrooms, apparently.
2) Do Garrett and Violet have a joint bank account? Donut care
3) Is Scott a good dad? They say we learn from our parents mistake
so, I'd say yes. especially with Mama Stiles and Uncle Derek

4) What and I mean WHAT is Deputy Parrish? I can definitely see Deputy Dreamboat as either manshee or a siren. Literally so excited!

More+
Flag
Wouldn't be surprised if the doctor was the benefactor, though damn that guy would be type casted. I was suspicious of him solely because of TVD so I hope it isn't him. I kinda want it to come out of no where and be someone we don't know or at least haven't met.
Flag
Anyone else wanted Scott to finish off Violet? Loved the scene between Coach and Stiles and Kira is awesome at lacrosse! No idea what Parrish is but gonna take a wild guess here and say he's a Naga.
Flag
  • Hey Price - when is your b'day b? We're getting you a few bear bones since you like them so much...
  • Great episode except for Mamma Fratelli - she is just a joke and I can't take her rants seriously sorry... Chris Argent should have been laughing instead of being all angst ridden... Hope he kills her (and Severo) so we don't have to suffer her again...
  • So the two cyphers so far have been Allison and Aiden ie two of the fallen in the inner circle of TW... That makes Gerard a lot less likely to be the Benefactor IMO...
  • Petty of me but I feel a little vindicated that the numbers were $$$ even if the relative figures are not easy to explain...
  • Is Parrish a Banshee-boy?
Flag
well its about time they did something with parish, right? :P and ya its good to know im not the only one who was getting a sexist vibe off that little scene between kira and coach (bitch).

Its great that Allison is getting name checked an all, but where the eff is her funeral? like, what the fuck? and lol "You don't spend several months gazing into Isaac's eyes and still feel the need to harm a werewolf, sorry. Not buying it." yes great reasoning, also Allison freaking changed the code wtf argent are ok there??? caN I SAY WTF AGAIN BECAUSE I JUST

anyway, bakc to parish for a second, has it occured to anyone that maybe he isnt were-wolf related? And maybe, just maybe, he doesn't know about his supernatural-ness? And I know he was like 5M but can we really go by these prices? So unreasonable man.

*silently prays that he is a banshee and he lydia have banshee adventures together in the future* *shameless shipping*
Flag
Thats possible but he sure looks in the midseason trailer to up to the challenge.
Flag
After watching the mid season promo.
1) Scott is now a bad ass
2) Either peter or Kate are gonna get killed.....again....in but this time scott will kill one of them.
3) Derek that psycho killer/ mercenary fetish.
Flag
I feel sort of stupid, I've been seeing on this board and others that a big death has been teased. When did that happen. I must being going insane.
Flag
No I must have missed that too. Now I'm worried.
Flag
Want some more sexy drama? Watch Reckless! Sundays @ 10pm on CBS
Flag
Deputy Parrish could be a jackal or a hyena. Both have mythical records from other places and are also related to the species on the show so far (wolf, fox, coyote, jaguar). Or he can be a dire wolf; that would be so cool.
Flag
Just saw the Mid-Season trailer and boy am I really excited!! I can't wait to see Peter and Scott go at it, if it happens. It's like coming full circle and I'm sure peter would be the big death they've been teasing this season. I don't know how Derek would get his powers, It would be cheap to get them back by "reversing the spell" or whatever Kate did. I'd always thought Scott could bite him and have Derek be officially part of Scott's pack but eh.. Derek was always enjoyable being a stand alone type of character. I thought it would be cool to end the season with Gerard being the Benefactor and later dying in the season along with Kate and Peter. Kind of eliminating the previous season villains once and for all. Can't wait to hear yawls opinions.
Flag
I am worried that they might have Derek become fully human and just leave to have a normal life, but I will be beyond pissed if that happens. I also don't want Peter to die, I find him very amusing. Kate fine, unless they do something really interesting with her character soon, I want her to become a little more dynamic.
Flag
I think Derek will die for a bit and comeback to life some how. As for peter, I think his chapter will be closed his season. He'll get his powers, try to go after Scott, and mostly likely die. I hope they do this right in a sense that it will be top 5 best teen wolf moments.. Scott vs Peter bloodbath and all. Kate has been boring so fare, they really need to make her a highlight in these last 5 episodes.
Flag
As long as Derek comes back.

Flag
Such a good theory! I'm really thinking it could be Gerard, he's my number one guess for sure
Flag
Did anyone notice the money in the floor between Scott and Stiles in the midseason preview. ????????????
Flag
1. Probably in a kennel :p
2. They probably do but they could also have a secret vault underneath the school next door to Derek's... Lol
3. YES! OMG IT WAS SO SWEET WATCHING HIM INTERACT WITH LIAM!!!!!
4. All I know is HE IS ONE SEXY BEAST!
Flag
I don't know if anyone else has said it yet... I think the benefactor is Gerard Argent
Flag
Well, Well. Just watching comic con Q&A and thank god a fan with some sense got up and asked what happened to Danny and Jeff said we have not seen the last of him. So that is big.
Flag
Also, it sound like there is a rocky road ahead for Stiles and Malia when a secret about her parantage comes out.

Jeff said that some characters archs are coming to an end. (Peter possibly)

Dylan Sprayberry will be a regular for season 5.

Sounds like Lydia has some romance coming. (Wonder who that is)

Flag
If you haven't read the synopsis for the ep 6-11 or watched the mid season trailer, I would read no further.

Wow. Just watched the midseason trailer.
Obviously peter is not a good guy this season. This certainly explains why in the synopsis, it talks about the pack battling an old enemy.

Did anyone else hear what sounded like Kate and Peter talking about a plan.

Argent definitely does not look to be a bad guy.

I'm still wondering what parrish might be looked like he had been in a fire.

I wonder who Melissa is falling apart over, I would think the only person she would be that upset about would be Scott. (Maybe Scott's dad, he's been pretty useless so far.) Maybe the sheriff stilinski. We've already seen info that he is injured, do the police go after the supernaturals after something happens to him

It looks like all the supernaturals are coming together. Apparantly in the synopsis, Scotts pack helps out another pack. Looks like the alpha is named Satomi, I'd say that is where the other wolves are

Whats going on at the battle of the police station. Looks like parrish and the evil deputy. Derek also fighting deputies.

How awesome Scott gives Liam a hug.

What do you guys think of all this. We have to go on the assumption Scott is not going to die

I was looking at a lot of tw stuff today because of comicon and I swear I read somewhere that somehow it was confirmed the jackson was making a guest appearance. I haven't been able to find it agains, I was just browsing things on my cell, that and I would have thought it would have been big news

More+
Flag
I hope it turns out that Parrish is a Phoenix!
Flag
And apparently satomi was with Kiras mom n the flashback WWII episode. Wasn't she the lady wolf playing "Go"
Flag
Hey, You are right. Guess we are going to get to see her again. She must be a very old wolf now.
Flag
Right! She's even older than Kira's mom.. Lol
Flag
I think she meant old in regular age, Kira's mom didn't realize what she was until the end. She was a Beta though
Flag
Kira's mom said she was close to 900 years old
Flag
Just like to say thanks for the spoiler warning :)
Flag
Scott is a great dad!
Flag
Aside from hot I don't know what Parrish is. It was clear from last season that he was going to be supernatural because he was "drawn to Beacon Hills", but I still am not sure what he is or if he even knows what he is. Either way I love him and I look forward to finding out.
Flag
I haven't had a chance to read many comments so I'm not sure if someone said this already but what if Garret and Violet aren't even teenagers? Teenage assassins aren't impossible but they are improbable (on most shows) :P I think they found a way to get into high school so that they'd be in a better position to stalk and kill their targets.

Flag
On most shows. however, I think that they are just teenage assassins, trained to do what they do.
And remember, we've already had teenage assassins on the show, if Allison is any indication, the Argents start their training young
Flag
Great point. I'd been wondering about that. Remember, the twins weren't high schoolers either
Flag
But they were teenagers
Flag
I think that is actually probably hard to know. I always got the impression they were older than most of the gang.
Flag
How did Liam know that Garret paid for the keg? He was busy running around in the woods. My husband says that Mason must have told him. But I'm wondering if this is some error by the writers to have Liam know who paid? Any thoughts?

Flag
Presumably someone else told Liam, or Garret told Liam himself, Liam was just newly turned, so he probably wasn't on the deadpool yet
Flag
Mason can't have told him either. Garrett paid for the keg because Lydia run off… and she did because she saw Mason climbing the stairs to the second floor. So Mason can't have seen it either.
It could be that Garrett just told Liam. I think they're supposed to be friends, or at least in good terms… judging by the lacrosse practice in episode 3.
Flag
Yes, you're right. How the heck did we forget that Lydia had followed Mason up the stairs...

Yes, I'm thinking you both right about Garrett telling Liam himself. They do appear to be friends or at least acquaintances. Thanks for your input cbaabc and samcarter34
Flag
Wow, 715 comments! Now that's love!!

I loved this episode. I'm way late commenting so I'm not going to bother writing some deep summary of my thoughts. I just have to say that I LOVED Scott turning bad ass on that stupid girl, Violet. I want to see him be cold and vicious once in awhile (even if it's just because he's defending himself).

Flag
So, I haven't seen the mid season preview, just a quick scene from next week's episode and I had a thought that seemed to be in the preview too...have we maybe been looking at the wrong person to blame for Derek's issues. In the scene, it is clear Derek is getting weaker and at the same time Peter is getting stronger. While a reasonable explanation is that Peter is a year past his resurrection so maybe that is it and Kate did subject Derek to that whole curse. But then I remember a whole conversation we had in the penultimate episode of 3A. When Derek healed Cora resulting in him losing his Alpha status, how weird Peter was acting. Like one sentence to the next, he was encouraging and discouraging Derek from doing it. Then he looked so weird while it was happening and I swear he was wearing a necklace of some sort and I don't think I have ever seen him wear one ever again. What if he was slowly seeping Derek's power from him and like was just waiting out each time Derek used his full wolf strength, which I swear was only like twice all of season 3B. And like the full transition back to adult was the final burst. Ugh. Scott basically declared him the big bad of the season by off handily telling Malia he could handle Peter (this does lead to my whole, what happens if Scott kills Peter....I guess we get the answer of whether killing the werewolf who turned you is a thing on Teen Wolf and not just a supposition Derek mused to Scott in season 1). And then I get to this issue, I can't actually lock down on Kate's motive to do that to Derek. She kind of thinks of him as below her, he proves useful to her, she could might still be able to manipulate him and she is no longer a hunter and, I just don't know, I sense she wasn't lying to baby Derek when she said everything would go back to normal.
More+
Flag
That's an intriguing thought. I'll have to re-watch that episode and specifically note anything unusual about Peter's actions or adornments. It's a very good thing that I love watching him.
Flag
Kate is sleeping snuggled up warm, surrounded by her Berserkers :)
Flag
Teen wolf was renewed for season 5 today! But unlike the usual seasons. It'll be two parts of ten episodes each.
Flag
20 episodes total.
Flag
Awesome!
Flag
Teen Wolf has been renewed for Season 5. 20 episodes. This was announced at Comicon.
Flag
The more episodes the better! I remember Jeff Davis saying that they didn't want to do 24 episodes in a season again because it was exhausting and demanding. I'll definitely take 20 instead of 12!
Flag
The only thing is I wonder when it starts. I sort of figure we probably wont get anything new until next June.
Flag
I think so :/
Flag
Thats would be almost 9 months without TeenWolf. Not sure how I will be able to cope. Actually, it could bring back some appreciation for how good the show is. We had 3A that ran last june to september, the 3B ran January to March, the S4 started June 23. I think things you get to used to you don't appreciate as much.

The problem is with that big of break will we lose some fans just because they lose interest. Iknow there are some summer series in the past that I loved but with the big break they had, I sort of lost interest.
Flag
Parrish is a raven... The third kitsune its, the coyote, the fox, and the raven. Could be wrong
Flag
Cool theory, but what creature is raven based?
fox-kitsune
coyote-werewcoyote
raven-?
I'm curious as to what he'll be called
Flag
Good theory. He is worth around the same amount of money as Kira and her mom.
Flag
With people talking about Scott's true alpha thing, so, what exactly happens when he kills someone?
He's already an alpha, so killing someone...what's it going to do, turn him back into a beta? I can't see that happening
Make him a regular alpha? Great, regular alphas seem to be strong than true alphas, at least as shown by Scott's abilities
Scott's a moral guy, so I know that he doesn't want to kill, but in season 3 they made it sound like something bad would happen to him if it did, but, what?

And if it does, why do werewolf abilities care about the moral status of a completely separate species?
Flag
Parrish must be something pretty awesome...I believe in that. I'll adore deputy whatever he will be... But i hope that he won't be a evil character. It would be shame to waste such a handsome man for a devil personality. | Guys, sorry for my terrible english!!
Flag
There has to be a clue in Parrish, is the shot of him diffusing two bombs. And lets point out that is the 2nd bomb he has investigated.
Flag
After I saw the title of this episode, I thought for sure it would revolve around him.
Flag
Since MTV even put this out there as a discussion, should Scott have killed Violet, I thought I would put another point out there (my answer is no and not for any affect on his true alpha status or his stance on being non murdery, but rather, she is a connection to the actual Benefactor which Peter went and cut out after he killed the Mute - yeah that is suspicious dude- and heck, the Sheriff has a win! He has someone to arrest that he can tie to, and the very least, the attempted murder of Scott and Brett and can connect to DeMarco and Carrie's murders)

But, I feel like that Scott was able to pull on his strength and pull it back so easily, like that he was totally calm when Stiles burst in is probably a big watershed moment for Scott. Hopefully it was, because it kind of looks like the dangerous enemy he has to work with next week is Garrett who I'm guessing we learn a lot about - like that he isn't 15 and I suspect Liam is captured and that is who Scott is trying to find but Scott didn't get to the howling lesson yet with Liam.
More+
Flag
In your second paragraph is an interesting theory.
Also sparing Violet's life to try to use her to connect to the Benefactor would be a good idea, but I'm sure that's not the reason Scott didn't kill her. Also, this Benefactor seems a very knowledgable criminal and only uses texts and online transactions to connect to his killers, so quite possibly Violet can't help much.
Flag
I agree it wasn't a thought in Scott's head, just to stop her was it, it probably didn't even occur to him to kill her.

Yes, I don't think it will be very helpful with what Violet can tell them (from the sneak peek that was actually released like six weeks ago, it appears Kate is running into that problem that the Benefactor only communicates electronically) but if you can catch a transmission, you might be able to trace it or even trace a message from a phone. There is a scene in the trailer where Scott is being taken into custody (I didn't think it was in Beacon Hills, it didn't look right) I have a feeling is a bait action.
Flag
Well, they don't need Violet to catch a transmission on her phone.
Flag
Just to make this clear.. If Scott would have killed violet, it wouldn't have affected his true alpha right? Cause she's technically not an "innocent" more a "murderer" lol and damn do I feel bad for malia's dad.. He went from finding his coyote daughter after 8 years.. Then he just bailes to New Orleans to deal with original vampires and be a priest? Man, what a life...
Flag
Btw I'm glad Malia's dad left. He was a total psycho and a gun nutjob.
Flag
Well he's already an alpha, so what could it happen to him? Everything we know for sure about true alpha vs. alpha is that the first one becomes alpha by pure will rather than stealing the power. We don't know for sure if this makes them more/less powerful or whatnot. Also it'd be unlikely that they'd lose the alpha status just by killing. And Violet after all is not that innocent.
Flag
It hasn't been mentioned yet as far as I've seen, but wasn't the last 'main' character we saw die before Aiden was JB. Jennifer or Julia (was that her real name? I can't remember).

Of course, all we saw was Peter rip her throat out, and we all know how well that works at killing people.

She seems as relevant as Aiden... although she wasn't on Team Scott, so maybe she doesn't count as a possibility for the third cypher.
Flag
I was wondering about Jennifer coming back but Peter was not an alpha when he killed her.
Flag
Julia was her real name. Jennifer is the fake name she gave when she came into town.

I doubt she'll be the third name. The most common bet, according to the comments here anyway, is that the last name would be Jackson and he possibly died off screen without us knowing, as all the names seem to revolve around Lydia.
Flag
I really don't think Jackson would fit, as I explained somewhere else, but we'll see.
If the Benefactor is holding such a grudge against supernatural creatures, it can't be a coincidence that he chose as passwords those who fell to the hands of supernatural creatures. That's the direction in which we should look, I think.
Flag
The thing is we only have 2 names and they be connected in multiple ways.

Both close to Lydia
Both died
Both started with an A

So it's just a random guessing game so far.

The thing is we don't know if the benefactor has a grudge against supernatural creatures.

Keep in mind that there's another motif this season involving survival of the fittest. Mute didn't just kill people, he gave them a fighting chance. Mason mentioned that Scott was the only one standing.

Maybe this isn't a grudge as much as a battle royal?

Again, just random guessing.
Flag
True, it's just random guessing. But with 2 names is a little less random than one.

I think we can assert that the Benefactor has a grudge against supernatural creatures… he's going out of his way to kill them all!! How can this not be "holding a grudge"?

When does the theme of "survival of the fittest" mentioned? It didn't seem to me that the Mute gave them a fighting chance, just his weapon of choice wasn't that deadly as the head ripping bowtie of Violet. And moreover it's Garrett who mentioned that Scott was the only one standing after a pack of alpha went after him (quite an odd interpretation of season 3A, but whatever).
Flag
About the Parrish question... well remember back in season 3a episode 23 when nogitsune!stiles was talking to Lydia and he was mentioning that he was 'hungry', well he said, "The coyote, raven, fox - they’re all hungry". We know the coyote is Malia, the fox is Kira, so I reckon Parrish is the raven! or some sort of wereraven (if that's possible) :)
Flag
The Coyote, Raven and Fox are all trickster spirits in mythology. Somehow I don't think that would fit the deputy.
Flag
Its so ridiculous that a HUMAN TEENAGE GIRL can take down a WEREWOLVES with such ease. Just rename this show to TEEN KITTY already
Flag
She caught Demarco by surprise
She drugged up Liam's ex-schoolmate with a highly virulent species of wolfsbane
Scott threw her against a wall
You also seem to be underestimating the effect that having a superheated razor wire decapitating you can have on a person
Flag
Absolutely, whatever you want to call her weapon it is formidable espeicially when she is able to suprise. Once she gets that around your neck, your likely gone, remember Demarco was on his kneees to so he had no leverage.
Flag
No doubt about that, but its just very dissatisfying that werewolves weren't able to hear her footsteps, what with their super senses of hearing. And super reflexes as well that should grant high evasion from any attempted attacks... But oh well lets just see where this goes.
Flag
Now that I have to agree with about the foot steps.
Flag
Maybe Parrish is a vampire... which would explain what he said in the bus last season, about looking so young... But I reaaaaaaally hope not. KEEP VAMPIRES OUT OF THIS SHOW
Flag
Jeff kinda mentioned once he didn't wanted vampires at all on the show, so let's hope that's his last word!!
Flag
That was my thought, that it is something that is staying young. But I don't think Vampires, as this show seems to go off to rather obscure mythologies instead of seriously common ones.

He also seems to have an ability to get everyone around him calm and focused. Maybe some sort of fairy?
Flag
"He also seems to have an ability to get everyone around him calm and focused."

This. From the defusing bomb scene, to Meredith in this ep, it's a theme that's cropped up a few times. I think this is the only clue we've been given as to his supernatural nature---well, that, and he's at least medium-important, given the 5-million price tag on his head.
Flag
Plus the scene with tween Derek at his old house
Flag
Allison----&Aiden-----;&Argent;? Just a thought.
Flag
Has anyone read the recently released sysnopsis for the season through episode 11. Very interesting.
Flag
Where can we find it at?
Flag
I'd have to go back and find the site, I think on the teen wolf fanforum is where is saw them
Flag
hahahaha love,love when u do the pictorials nice review btw n the episode was an okay one.
Flag
I am on vacation and a few days late getting on because my computer has been naughty.

I've tot to say I really liked this episode, I like where things are starting to evolve and I have lots of questions.

So here are the things I liked.
1--Scott and Liam in this episode and throw in the "big brother" derek type scene to start and I was pleased. I really like how Scott has sort of followed Dereks footsteps as an alpha but with his on personality. Will we find out why Liam is so angry, I hope so. I really like Liam.
2--Derek is losing his freaking wolfness, what is going on with that. Especially for a born wolf. What did Kate do? More importantly, if Scott has the chance to unwolf would he take it.
3--Peter is up to something yall. Could he be behind most all of this calamity. Peter is a great bad guy, he really needs to go back to being that bad guy though. I wouldn't be half suprised if he set the whole thing up, although I doubt it.
4--Whats up with Mama Fratelli and the Mexicans. Since when is some little werewolf hunting family going to tell THE werewolf hunting family what to do.
5--Loved the scene between Derek and Argent.
6--We all new parrish was something, I really hope he isn't a bad guy. I just can't get over the preview where he and mean officer look like they are dragging Scott in somewhere.
7--Whose name will open the 3rd set of names. I noticed also Kira's mom was on the list.
8--Scott actually won a fight, against a girl, please don't yell at me. I thought it was funny that he can't win any fights until a girl trie to decapitate him. I loved they way he sort of looked at her with that look of "really, I'm an alpha".
9--Hey I pegged Liams ex teammate as supernatural to start with, how is he going to be brought into the fold now.

Things I didn't like
1--I thought Stiles role was a little on the backburner.
2--Come on Jeff you put Kira on the team then you bench her.
3--I thought Lydia was supposed to learn more about her powers in this episdoe.
4--I'm pretty much giving up on Danny. I don't understand whats going on. I did read a blog post somewhere else where someone thought he to could be the benefactor. If he isn't on the show, why haven't they announced it, its not like they have hidden other exits from the show. .

I hope Jeff and the crew at comicon will give some info. Hopefully there are some fans out there that are going to the event and might ask that question.
More+
Flag
Peter surprisingly didn't make it to the second part of the list. He will be in the third part, or he becomes suspect number 1 for the Benefactor.
He may be up to something, but probably something related to finding Kate or finding who robbed him. Even for a bad bad guy like him, both are pretty high priorities.
Flag
I don't think Peter is on the list, otherwise, the Mute would have finished the job.
Flag
But we know Scott is on the list, and nonetheless the Mute didn't try to kill him on the roof after killing the Wendigo. I think that the hired killers go after one at a time, climbing up the list according to bounties.
Flag
I never said that Peter killing the Mute was suspicious, in fact I think it's perfectly in line with the character. He wanted revenge for being stabbed with a wolfsbane axe in the chest.
If a wolfsbane axe can only slow down Peter, a beta, what could a non-wolfsbane axe do against an alpha? Probably not so much.
Flag
The mute might have taken his time against an Alpha.

Keep in mind that he already chopped the Axe into Peter and it was dipped with Wolfsbane.

I agree that Peter killing Mute was really suspicious. But I don't think he is the benefactor. Though it's possible he knows its identity and maybe plotting with him
Flag
But for the record, if Peter is the benefactor, it would be incredibly dumb as the 3A finale* pretty much set that he wants to kill Scott to gain Alpha status back. But doing this massacre deadpool opens the possibility that someone will kill Scott first.

* Though it's been 2 seasons since then and they seem to ignore it so what do I know...
Flag
Ask me again after the next episode (I avoid spoilers, previews etc) so don't know yet.
Flag
Jason I wonder what you think of the mid season preview. Seems to me Peter is a bad guy, although maybe not the benefactor.
Flag
Peter is everything but dumb. If he's still planning to kill Scott to become an alpha, and I doubt it's his priority now, he will only try his luck when he feels he has a good shot. Right now Scott's pack is becoming stronger and stronger, and Derek's on his side too.
Flag
Just the comment in the preview, that both Derek and Peter made.
Flag
Ahh it's so good to have Mr. Argent back! As much as I enjoyed Deputy Derek, Sheriff sidekick, it just felt so great when Mr. Argent and Derek were cracking open weird old bank vault tombs on school property together. They are my favorite.

Speaking of teen wolf parents, I laughed very hard when a Teen Mom 2 banner came up on the screen during Scott and Liam's chat. I also very much enjoyed Derek dispensing grandfatherly advice to Scott. He passed the baton of teen wolf fatherhood to a new teen wolf generation, and it was beautiful.

Really hoping it's not going to turn out that these assassins are just following the latest teen fad. It would just be wayyy too Nancy Grace!! Butt chugging was not a thing, and either is teen supernatural murder for hire! They better have a real good motivation for their characters. And why is erebody a werewolf all of a sudden??? Jeez, are there any humans left? Back in my day there was just one teen wolf grumble grumble.

I'm also really enjoying when the show touches on the events of last season. Stiles' confession last episode to Malia about feeling guilty about that one time when he was evil was nice, and so were all the references to Allison. I'm glad all season 3's death and mayhem hasn't cast a pall over the show, but I'm also glad it hasn't been swept under the rug.
More+
Flag
So what is Deputy Parrish? Well, my sister and I were discussing how he knew so much about Bersekers, so maybe whatever he is is related to Norse mythology too. So we had the wonderful idea to google norse mythological creatures, thus yielding a list of names that were incomprehensible. Therefore, we took the very scientific method of picking the name that sounded the funniest. Our diligent studies... picking the first one we clicked on... have determined that Parrish is a Lyngbakr, which Wikipedia describes as "a massive whale-like sea monster." How he manages to pull of that uniform so well, we will never know. Thank you Wikipedia, you win yet again.

Also, Derek's smile is like a thousand puppies getting kissed by little cherub angels.

That is all.
Flag
Woohoo, now this episode reminded me of why I love Teen Wolf! There were hot bods (a bit too young, but oh well...), dead and damaged bods, insane ramblings, mystery, drama, confusion, and of course, lacrosse. Why watch anything else? Oh yeah, that's right, I have nothing else better to do.

Finally, Scott actually looked like an Alpha for a second! He really needs to lose his temper more often, he wears his Alpha-ness well. I so wanted that assassin b!&@h to go bloody splat against the wall, but I'll take her being knocked out and arrested. Now, if only d!@khead assassin would be privy to Peter's brand of "punishment", I'd be happy. And Liam really needs to go back on his meds, him being a literal IED is going to send the Sheriff to Eichen house. And not only can he not afford it, he's one of the few male characters I can drool over and not feel like a pedophile.

Stiles was in top form, as always; he always makes me smile. And his insight and problem solving capabilities are amazing.

I can understand why Coach benched Kira, but there are better ways to teach her about working in a team.

Lydia needs a vacation from Beacon Hills for about a year. She's under so much stress, she's missing clues. Meredith told her exactly what she needed to know, but she wasn't able to tune in to whatever wavelength Banshees normally pick up. Maybe once the lake house is sold, she can have a spa day.

I so hope Chris is playing those hunters, he works so well with Derek and Scott. I loved his reaction to the secret underground lair. But I do wonder what exactly he means to do with Kate. He looked far scarier when he talked about her than he even did when he was first intro'd in season 1.

Where is Kate sleeping these days? In ancient temples infested by spiders, rats and berserkers.

Do Garrett and Violet have a joint bank account? I don't care. I just want that money in it to go to their victims' surviving relatives.

Is Scott a good dad? Yes, both he and Stiles will raise a wonderful wolf cub.

What and I mean WHAT is Deputy Parrish? Someone suggested a siren, and I think that's the best guess so far. He seems to have an amazing knack for calming the people around him.
More+
Flag
Yea I want Violet dead and gone ASAP. U don't let a human teenage girl kill werewolves with impunity and still have her survive the season, without turning the show into a joke
Flag
I don't like anyone killing with impunity, much less for money.

Right now I'm guessing the Betas all thought the assassins were hunters, and were trying to show that they weren't killers. But the eyes would've given that away.
Flag
So I have been thinking about Scott and the true Alpha thing. Correct me if I am wrong, besides the mountain ash breaking, we haven't seen anything unique to Scott and his tru Alpha status.

So I was wondering, what is different about Scott compared to all the other Alphas we have seen? Nearly all those other alphas use anger as power, with the exception of Derrick's mother whom we haven't seen much. Scott uses most of his energy/ focus to control himself and suppress his anger/power. Also look at the ENTIRE story of TW, Scott has a lot of people around him who are either close friends or people whom at the very least would stand up for him. Even some people whom are/were his enemy at some point.

Which made me think, maybe the true Alpha thing isn't about using anger for power, thus not needing to kill to become an Alpha. I thought about that in more literal and physical terms. What if Scott has some kind of latent aura that either calms people and allows them to think rationally. Or somehow coerces them to think favorably of Scott in some way?

It makes sense, even directly after Scott became an alpha the demon wolf basically turned tail and ran the first chance he got. Maybe the demon wolf knows why true alphas are powerful and decided to run before he became Scotts willful lap dog?
More+
Flag
Just a random connection, is the black doctor who cured Liam at the hospital a few episodes ago Mason's dad? It would kinda make sense since Liam has a stepdad (and judging by the way he talked about him he doesn't seem so fond of him) but is very good friend with Mason and it'd make sense Mason's dad would be sort of a father figure for him.
Flag
It is a possibility, but what makes you say that Liam is not fond of his stepdad? They seemed to have a very close, sweet relationship when Liam arrived at the hospital two episodes ago.
Flag
If you're implying that his stepdad is the doctor who visited him at the hospital… well that's a possibility but they didn't say it explicitly.
Flag
Not explicitly, but just as good as. The doctor mentioned to Liam that they'd been learning lacrosse, and Liam later mentions to Scott that his stepdad taught him the game. Every sign points to the new doctor being his stepdad, though as @MarianaO points out, it doesn't preclude the possibility that he's also Mason biological dad, but I don't see any real reason for that to be a thing, especially since it appears Liam and Mason don't live together.
Flag
@harpier
Ah, this is what I get for trying to work out how much he was bench pressing rather than paying attention to the conversation.
Flag
@MarianaO:

The morning after being bitten, Liam runs three miles to school. Mason takes the bus. The conversation that followed would be very strange indeed if the boys lived in the same house.
Flag
I didn't realise it had been confirmed they don't live together. It does make it less likely. Although being step brothers would explain why they seem such good friends even though Liam obviously went to a different school until recently. Not that there aren't other ways of explaining that (or not explaining it at all).

It doesn't seem likely, and I thought that the doctor was his step-dad rather than Mason's dad, but it would be an interesting change to the Jackson-Danny style dynamic they're working atm.
Flag
The doctor could be both. Maybe they're step brothers. Has that been discounted yet?
Flag
@MarianaO

Sensible gay friend? Honestly the only thing that Danny and Mason characters seem to share is the sexual orientation. Neither looked "sensible" to me.
Jackson was never overly aggressive in the sense that Liam is. Jackson was just a total douche, often plotting and scheming.
I'm pretty sure that, even with some differences, Liam/Mason are supposed to scheme the new Teen Wolf + best friend relationship, and they'll also work as substitutes of Scott and Stiles when they graduate.
Flag
@cbaabc

Yeah, I was thinking about their interactions with the rest of the characters, but I was going to put that it was a cross between Scott-Stiles and Jackson-Danny (new wolf&zany friend/overly aggressive secondary wolf&sensible gay friend)
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
That's quite a possibility. Honestly I had forgotten that Liam mentioned his stepdad taught him how to play lacrosse, and I feel like this swings the balance on the doctor being his stepdad. But he could also be Mason's biological father. Idk.

Can't reply to your post above, so I'll say it here. I think the Mason-Liam dynamic is supposed to mirror the Stiles-Scott one, rather than the Jackson-Danny one.
Flag
Right now i'm raged like Scott punching the dusty floor in the opening credits. Pesky humans killing supernaturals who dont seriously fight back!
Flag
No superior strength, reflexes, or sharp hearing to determine Pesky Human's location... What kind of lousy excuse for a werewolf was she! Also applies to that lacrosse dude in the lockerroom... And Scott as well!
Flag
Admittedly, Brett was poisoned and, it seems, partially paralyzed. The Mute's hatchet was also laced with wolfsbane. While it seems truly absurd for a petite freshman—if Violet and Garrett are, in fact, high school students and not just posing as high school students—would be able to take on grown werewolves with so little resistance, they are by all accounts highly trained and previously anonymous supernatural hunters.

Also, consider the apparent temperament of the dead supernaturals. We know next to nothing about the wendigo family, including whether or not they killed their victims or simply procured (and preserved) their bodies after death. But the two werewolf clusters—Scott's pack and DeMarcus and Carrie, who appear to run in the same pack—are, it seems, conscientiously opposed to violence. "We've found a better way," as Derek admonishes Peter, a consistent hold-out for the old ways, after mauling the Mute. DeMarcus and Carrie each use a bastardized Buddha quotation as a kind of mantra to keep the wolf at bay.

I was, however, happy to see that Scott's power came easily to him when his life depended on it. It was a fine confirmation that Scott's vulnerability and restraint is a moral choice, not a physical weakness.
More +
Flag
Well even if they were *WWE wrestlers* posing as high school students, as humans they shouldn't even be anywhere NEAR being a match for even a chicklet werewolf (if wolfsbane was not used). Unless right now they really are trying to tell us that werewolves aren't all that powerful to begin with.

Even if those slayed werewolves were indeed from some non-violent hippie club, c'mon, if their very lives depended on it? Just so they can uphold their Luv sun/moon/humans mantra they'd be ok with getting hunted and killed? I realize some suspension of disbelief is required for a show like this but I just can't let this one go. Its way too rubbish. Other than that, love the show, totes.
Flag
I can understand the Beer guy trying to calm down since it was full moon. What about the girl ? I know you can confuse a noobie wolf but still, you shouldn't be able to handle them in melee.

In cotrast, notice how Scott was not even burnt by the thermal wire let alone cut. He easily overpowered her and just knocked her out by just holding around her neck, that proves they are "pesky" humans :D It seems they are supposed to be nuisance until maybe bigger threats arrive or reveal themselves.
Flag
No, you are correct. It's insanely stupid. We have seen wolves in the past catch arrows in mid flight for crying out loud. We've seen wolves capable of hearing and counting how many heart beats are in the boiler room and let's not forget Liam bench pressing those weights in this episode.

Teen Wolf was never the greatest in consistency but it's getting beyond absurd at this point.

Flag
Why would Brett be partially paralyzed? I recall him crawling on the floor in the locker room, trying to escape Violet. Definitely not paralyzed.

I found it interesting as both fallen werewolves of the other pack, DeMarco and Carrie, used the motto "The sun, the moon, the truth" to calm themselves down (just before being killed oops). That's something that will be explained in the course of the season, I think.
Flag
Do we know for sure that he was stabbed in his legs? And he could have been crawling on the floor just because of the pain, not necessarily because he was paralyzed. For example, when werewolves get tased, they usually end up lying down on the floor and try to crawl their way around… remember Derek and Kate in season 1, when she was torturing him to find out the name of the Alpha? She tased him and he kept crawling around the floor, but surely he was not paralyzed.
Flag
His legs were not working at all.

Since he was cut with the poisoned blade, it makes sense that the poison was working its way up his legs first. Ergo, his legs were paralyzed and he had to drag himself across the floor..
Flag
okay the two password Allison and Aiden are Scotts ally who died last season I wonder what is the third password though but I think they really know the benefactor and it knows them very well.
Flag
Some say it may be Stiles real name because 'a part of him died' last season. IDK really but I think the mystery will remain until the very last episode of the series...
It could be Boyd or Erica too, given the fact they died too but weren't exactly Scott's closest pals so yeah, hard to tell...
Flag
I think it's Isaac
Flag
I think it's Chris.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members