A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Teen Wolf S03E16: "Illuminated"

Teen Wolf gets A LOT right when it comes to teenage life—fears, adolescent frustrations, sexual confusion—but it is especially attuned to teenage life when it comes to the subject of black light rave parties. When I look back upon my teenage years, I remember almost nothing else besides black light rave parties. You know, dancing to major label DJs in downtown lofts with a few dozen glowing, body-painted besties while being stalked by shadowy gas monsters. That's one reason why I love Teen Wolf: It truly takes me back. I simply RELATE. Haha okay, get real, other things happened in "Illuminated" besides a black light rave party, but don't worry about that. Just don't worry. It was the black light rave party that you will file away into your mental time capsule and it's what you'll describe to your grandchildren someday. "And then the one ripped homosexual tore the clothes off another ripped homosexual while a poor-man's Miley Cyrus started painting neon green onto his clavicles. The DJ looked like Venom and there was a girl who was secretly on fire. Also one, perhaps two bisexuals were making out on the stairs."

I truly don't know how I can spell this out for you more clearly: "Illuminated" was SO GOOD. Let's just talk about it already!

Quick request: DO NOT ask me what day this is supposed be taking place on. Was this Halloween night? Because last week's episode began on "prank night" or whatever and then it was the next day which would have been Halloween proper? And then the day after this scene there were legit trick or treaters? Maybe someone needs to make me a flowchart because there might be some next-level calendar fudging going on. Anyway, all that is beside the point because the true twist of this episode was that it took place in the '90s! 

I couldn't decide if these new villains reminded me more of the fighters from Mortal Kombat (NOT Johnny Cage, absolutely nobody on this show reminds me of him) or The Shredder's Foot Clan from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Anyway it doesn't matter, these guys were just walking the sidewalks of Beacon Hills like one of the background gangs from The Warriors. I am VERY into them. Also there is no polite way of saying this but I think they are made of firefly toots?

BUT THEN OH NO!!

Isaac was still trapped in some kind of fear coma after the masked dudes jumped him and Mr. Argent decided the only thing to do was punch Isaac in the face over and over until he turned into a werewolf and snapped out of it. It was VERY upsetting. Why is Isaac's perfect face getting punched in every episode now? Is it like in Fight Club where Ed Norton just wanted to destroy something beautiful? Or is it like in The Fountainhead where the main lady throws a priceless marble statue down an elevator shaft so that nobody else may enjoy it? What if I just made constant references to The Fountainhead from now on, would that be cool? So cool. Anyway, Isaac ended up being fine because he's a werewolf but I was very shaken about it.

Um. Also Isaac was crying. This episode was already putting me in a very rough spot emotionally and we were only 90 seconds in. So yeah he described his attackers: Five dudes in masks who jumped out of the shadows and smelled A LOT like firefly toots. That's when Mr. Argent was struck by a realization and then ran into his office and opened a huge, conspicuously placed wooden crate containing this stuff:

Uh-oh. What is Mr. Argent doing with all this broken but highly relevant junk?! What ELSE is he keeping in conspicuously placed wooden crates? Mr. Argent got some 'splaining to do. 

Speaking of 'splaining! The teens just could not articulate what they'd been doing in the power plant where Doug Jones had been shocked 2 death. And this was VERY frustrating to Scott's jerk-dad.

I liked when Sheriff Stilinski just kicked back snickering at everything. He was like, "Welcome to my world for the past 2.5 seasons." I'm paraphrasing because he did not say that with words, only his face and body language. Anyway, point is, obstruction of justice has never been so charming!

The next day at school, which either was or was not Halloween proper, Stiles found a mysterious key on his key ring. It seemed everybody in town was suddenly coming down with a bad case of mystery-itis and the infection was only spreading!

Meanwhile things were still awkward now that Kira knew that Scott knew she was some kind of mutant freak monster who sucked energy out of the whole town. And that awkwardness was compounded by the fact that the power was out PERMANENTLY maybe? All the lights were off at the school and the mentally ill coach took a break from shouting at his shoes to shout at the kids that they still had to go to class even with the lights out. In all realness, I loved loved loved the idea that the town no longer had power. For one thing that probably saves money on the production's power bills, but also it ratifies into law the underlit vibe that shows like this usually try to pass off as reality. Now it's both moody AND realistic! Perfect.

Anyway, Scott obviously wanted to talk to Kira more about her "powers" (which is a pun on electricity, did you like it?) but Stiles wouldn't let him. 

Probably best to avoid that repulsive monster freak, right? Ugh, monsters gotta be there for each other in my opinion.

UM HOLY MOLY A LOCKER ROOM SCENE. And boy what a locker room scene! First we found out that Danny's party wasn't happening, then we saw the twins shirtlessly talking about how to become popular again. Teen stuff!

Sorry to sound so easy to please but I am loving this thread of the formerly murderous Alphas just hanging around trying to become likable. It's such a good journey for them to be on. They seem very chill and socially aware now and sorry but blue eyes look better on them. Most Improved 2K14: The Twunks.

OMG YES. I mean of course I already knew that Lydia's mom was also Tyler's mom from TVD (and fun fact Jackson's dad was Tyler's DAD from TVD) but sometimes you have to lay eyes on Susan Walters to truly appreciate what she adds to a monster soap. I didn't realize how much I'd missed Mayor Lockwood ever since Klaus wished her Merry February-Christmas by drowning her in the town fountain. And now Mrs. Martin is back on Teen Wolf! And she's a substitute teacher! That's a straight-up Mrs. Argent move! But to be honest substitute teaching is not the safest profession in Beacon Hills. VERY worried about Lydia's mom, you guys. Unless she has a secret agenda or whatever. Maybe? I just hope she get cool stuff to do! Maybe she can become a medium and chill with the ghost of Mrs. Argent all the time? Just a suggestion.

For his part Aiden was trying to get back with Lydia, but she informed him to his face that she had decided she could no longer look past his role in Boyd's murder (and probably also the murders of countless others, let's be real). I truly don't mean to throw TVD under the bus because that show is genius in its own ways, but the thing I constantly complain about with that show is how everybody, including the most likable and sympathetic heroes, has a mass murder or two on their hands. Not only are those characters absolutely remorseless about it, the show's writers and fans seem to be angry or irritated when these facts are pointed out. (Remember when Caroline casually murdered 13 witches and it was never mentioned again?) So this moment where Lydia remains firm about anti-murder made me want to pump my fist YES! Murder still means something to these kids and that makes them one thousand percent more sympathetic, not to mention it makes death still seem real and full of consequence. Imagine that!

Anyway, Aiden took the note and, instead of getting uppity and downing a bottle of bourbon and murdering more people to blow off steam, he decided he'd try to redeem himself by helping Danny find a new venue for his party! It's like I said: I love when people try to redeem themselves and that's why I'm so into the twins now. And by the way, Aiden is also a great brain-stormer when it comes to last-minute black light rave party venues!

Perfecttttt.

Anyway, so then Scott took it upon himself to confront Kira about her freakiness. But much like Queen Latifah presiding over a gay marriage, he was going to do it WITHOUT explaining his personal connection to the situation. Fortunately Kira was brave enough to come clean anyway:

Whoops! Flash photos revealed that Kira is secretly on fire. 

Meanwhile some street urchins ran up to Derek in a parking lot for some good, old-fashioned day-after-Halloween (?) parking lot trick or treating.

Luckily Derek just happened to have a half-eaten bag of candy in the front seat of his Rav4 (?) and gave some to the kids. His hungry eyes told me that he wanted to eat all of the candy himself, but he still shared because Derek is a good guy deep down and he's always willing to sacrifice his favorite things. Much like the parents of three small children allowed to wander around unattended during a townwide blackout. They were willing to sacrifice as well.

Haha Derek, you rascal! He flashed his wolf 'tude at the kids. Happy Halloween! Enjoy your  lifetime of nightmares. Speaking of which:

Whoops! Derek got jumped by smoky firefly ghost ninjas! Not going to lie, I never expected that to happen in my wildest dreams. Not that specific combination of things at least.

Meanwhile Scott decided to help Kira get her phone back from the Sheriff's department so that they could delete the photos that Doug Jones had taken of her being secretly on fire. It was like Mission Impossible but with supernatural canines! And trust me Kira was VERY into it.

Oh man:

Um that stopped my heart it was so adorable. (That was an actual baby photo of Tyler Posey right?) Scott's dad had it as his laptop desktop! I can't. I really can't. Bye. I said I can't and I wasn't lying. I can't.

But of course this is a TV suspense caper so that meant Scott's dad showed up right when they were in his office trying desperately to recharge Kira's phone (I bet Nokia loved how prominently featured their impossible-to-charge phone was!) and Stiles had to scramble and distract him. Anyway, spoilers: They were successful. Secretly-on-fire selfies were deleted and the teens ran back outside victorious.

This was definitely the start of Kira's life of crime in my opinion. Keep an eye on her, she's going to be trouble.

OH THEN THE BLACK LIGHT PARTY STARTED. 

The DJ was this guy, a bloody beet root:

I think he is famous in real life? That's my impression. He remixed the theme song during the opening titles and he wears an LED Venom mask because all DJ's must have a cool, anonymous persona now. But the kids like what they like, who am I to complain? Anyway, it was not explained how Danny lined up this guy for his black light rave party, but maybe somebody told Bloody Beat Root that there would be semi-naked teens in body paint and he was like, "Aight."

No offense to whoever is styling Allison now but is she supposed to look like a disapproving, late-30s librarian? She looked immediately annoyed that this party was even happening! Isaac on the other hand looked-- You know what, nevermind. Just look at that above picture and YOU TELL ME HOW HE LOOKED.

Also just FYI a black light party is a good excuse for everybody to take their clothes off. TEENS.

Almost immediately the evil gassy demons showed up but if I were them I would've been very confused and distracted by this scene. Even a supernatural creature must have limits on what is or is not understandable.

Then Ethan went to get ice and got jumped!

This was a scary scene because the light bulb kept cutting out and every time Ethan fixed it these cloaked dudes were creepin' on him. So good.

Then Scott and Kira showed up but instead of stripping naked and painting each other they just held hands!

And almost immediately Allison's eyes locked onto them. BUSTED!

But then, this was wonderful: She basically gave him the OK! And I do think it was genuine. Yes she was rattled to see her Ex holding someone else's hand, there is no escaping the feelings that that would cause in somebody. But I think she realized that she was okay with it and she was happy for Scott. It was this split-second nonverbal moment that made me LOVE Allison so much more. Just a thoughtful and downright mature bit of writing also. I really and truly love how this show has handled its romances (and breakups). It's admirable, original, real, and endlessly compelling. Yeah. Well done.

HAHA I have my finger on the pulse of pop culture. Anyway, Scott was looking for Kira so he turned on his werewolf eyes and scanned the room. Guess who appeared to be secretly on fire?

And not only that but she had a muzzle and a fox body. Kira looked like Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog but sexy. 

So yeah, whatever Kira was (a kitsune?), she not only drank all the electricity and was secretly on fire, but she was also a fox. Pretty cool, right? Scott seemed pretty turned on at least. Speaking of which:

Things were really heating up between Allison and Isaac! Because of course. They aren't mental. Look at them! But this was a follow-up to Allison's realization that she could let Scott go; it was like she finally felt like she could let herself go also. Not let herself go like bodywise. Unless you mean getting wise about a body. Because-- Nevermind. Suddenly she was taking off her shirt and showing off her glow-bra and then close-dancing-but-not-yet-kissing on Isaac. I have to say I also really like how different THIS romance is from the Scott-Allison one. Allison's warier, Isaac's pushier, there's a lot of sexual stuff going on. Seems more grown up and risky and thrilling and sorry VERY LONELY. 

These firefly demons were still all walking around like creeps. That's when Lydia finally noticed one.

Then she went outside and a demon crawled up out of a shadow on the ground and it was both disgusting and very scary! But weirdly this image of Lydia having her banshee scream stolen and then passing out was the most upsetting image:

Look at her! Chilling. This is very hard to look at. Good acting but so unsettling.

Meanwhile Stiles went off and made out with the ex-girlfriend of a lady who got murdered by the Darach a few weeks earlier. It was straight-up comical how blasé this girl was about her dead girlfriend. But she was wasted and kissing on Stiles, so it was hard to fault her emotional decisionmaking. It seemed strange why they'd bring this character back, but then it became clear: She's a proud bisexual! Which meant she immediately proceeded to ask Stiles if he was a bisexual also!

THIS SHOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. 

I cannot believe that happened. Stiles just stared into the middle distance EITHER shocked to have been asked that, or just carefully considering it. I can't even. (Does Tumblr still exist anymore or did it explode to death immediately after this?)

Then Scott took Kira to the roof and they flirted a little bit. They are cute together, but I was like, please cut back to Allison and Isaac and then the show DID. 

Isaac had been face-painted and it looked like they were going to kiss FINALLY but then Allison noticed something behind Isaac's ear.

Isaac had been TAGGED by those demon dudes. It looked like a backwards "5". Doesn't matter. Isaac had been marked and he wasn't the only one.

Ethan was lying behind a pile of ice looking pretty bad off. But then Isaac broke his arm and made him wolf out, so that worked.

Meanwhile Danny and Aiden found Lydia chillin' outside on the patio. By the way, that is pretty much my worst fear: Getting hurt very badly with people nearby and nobody knowing. Poor Lydia!

Then Derek woke up from HIS demon-attack and discovered that his loft had been overrun by ravers, so he ran in and knocked over the turn tables and yelled at everybody.

And they did! Derek gets results.

But the five gassy ninjas did NOT get the memo and they started stepping to everybody!

Some of the wolves tried to jump around and do spin kicks, but the gassy ninjas were too fast and impervious to having their necks broken. And that was BEFORE they got out the samurai swords.

They were apparently there for the monsters, so they continued branding anyone they could get their hands on:

But Scott drew the line at Kira. They would NOT be touching her.

That's when the sun started rising and the gassy guys just sort of dissolved into thin air. Yikes! The teens had won the battle but not the war.

Phew! Now they had to spend the rest of the afternoon cleaning up body paint and taking down black lights and dealing with funovers. 

Meanwhile SOMEBODY had had a wild night!

Haha just kidding, Mr. Argent had not been drinking. But he stumbled into his home with a bloody hand and then passed out. Are we to believe that he had been one of those gassy druids? Or had he simply been mugged by a trio of trick or treating children all hopped up on Derek's candy? We don't know the answer to that yet.

But then we DID learn why Stiles had a secret key to a classroom back at school.

It was because HE had been the one to tip Doug Jones off about Kira! But how? And why? And who? And WHAT? What on earth? We knew Stiles had mental problems but this seemed very extreme. Is Stiles accidentally working to help the demon ninjas give tattoos to all of the monsters? It certainly appeared that way. Lots of questions, guys. Lots of 'em. 

Above all else, "Illuminated" definitely was an episode that had a black light rave party. Nobody can deny that. But in addition to this fact, it was another terrific episode of a season that I am really loving so afr. Frightening and romantic and sexy and riveting. I liked every dang second of it. But of course I did. There was a black light rave party. But also my brain is not well so don't trust me. Or maybe I'm VERY WELL and you should definitely trust me? That is another mystery for another time.

Let's do this again next week BYEEE

QUESTIONS

... What do the masked people want?

... What do the masked people smell like in your opinion?

... How have Isaac and Allison not kissed yet, isn't that insane?

... How often does Derek eat candy for dinner?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/8/2016

Season 5 : Episode 20

601 Comments
Comments (574)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Lydia killed me this episode for a smart girl she did something really stupid and went into a empty room where she proberly much safer in the crowed
Flag
http://notanotherteenwolfpodcast.tumblr.com/post/75104608708/the-mark
Interesting info someone posted in Tumblr about the mark

Flag
Derek's Camaro?
Flag
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssssss i love his camaro
Flag
Derek's car is a Toyota FJ Cruiser.
Flag
I love you Dylan!
Flag
Did anyone else notice Scott pick up sushi - and in the next shot his chopstcks are empty.
Flag
http://fr.calameo.com/read/0024040281ed861b530d3

Teen Wolf Magazine (Fan Made). Is really great.
February Issue.

Flag
Finally watched this episode recently. The story is manga-esque in a good way. Since this show is so engaging and left you guessing each episode, I'm gonna guess that Stiles' subconscious isn't evil and he somehow knew that Kira is a threat and maybe Kira is the one controlling all those Samurai Ninjas and again maybe she doesn't like it herself but have to continue her family traditions of some sort.
Flag
Not sure if I'm overthinking it, but it was interesting that the mark looked like a backwards five, there were five firefly ninjas, and - unless I miscounted - they marked five people (the twins, Derek, Lydia and Isaac).
Flag
I didn't even know how many ninjas there were but I was thinking the same thing about the five victims. But then I wondered if there might have been more victims if they'd had more time to attack.
Flag
I was reading in Tumblr the theories and info and many people said that the electricity is the element of this season. I know that electricity is heavily a part of the season and that the element has to be in some way related to the villain of the season, but electricity is not an element.
Season 1 - Fire, related to Peter
Season 2- Water, related to Matt
Season 3A- Earth, related to the Darach, Nemeton and the telluric currents.
In my opinion:
Season 3B- Void (Spirit)
In the Japanese culture the Void is the fifth element and many people said that in Wicca Spirit is the fifth element. This make sense because of the shadows(spirits) and the mention of the Void Spirit.
This info is on Internet.
Many of the classical element systems had 5 elements. The 4 mundane elements (earth, air, water, fire) are most well-known and commonly encountered. But there was often a fifth element: space, heaven, void, aether, quintessence. These were used to describe "heavenly" phenomena like stars or other supposedly unknowable, unchangeable, or incorruptible entities.
More+
Flag
There are also 4 paths between the Elements.
Earth + Water = Wood
Earth + Fire = Lava
Air + Water = Mist
Air + Fire = Lightening.
Flag
Very interesting info and this will make more sense. Maybe the "villain" (man with bandages) was probably hit by a lightining.
Flag
http://mistressjinx.tumblr.com/post/75101331497/wheres-the-body

Found this theory (by mistressjinx.tumblr) interesting. In season 1,2 and 3A he always was in our list of suspects.

Flag
Intriguing, but he looked pretty dead in 3a. And wouldn't the sacrifice of "warriors" not have worked for Jennifer if it hadn't been completed? Not that I'm shooting down the idea, but I have a hard time believing that Jennifer would've messed up the sacrifice. The writers would have to come up with a huge explanation of how he survived if it's true.
Flag
Yeah, I think the same. The only way that this theory can be considerate is that is Mr. Harry's spirit.
Flag
This shadows emerged from the Nemeton and I am sure there must be someone controlling them. Who would have cut the new tree that was growing? Could it had been Stiles, although I believe the tree is using him as a vessel above all to defend himself. Perhaps, Chris Argent, Mr. Yukimura, or this mysterious figure played by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa. Also I believe there is someone else playing here, perhaps a new Werewolf or a WereCoyote.
Flag
so apparently if i hate on an episode loads of people who must love the shit out of this show just constantly rain down flame,

To clear some of my issues up:

I'm not a fan of gay men on tv just kinda grosses me out when they get all flirty and over each other, but i have no problem with real gay people as long as they 'behave' in public and if they decide to do whatever i'll just leave them alone,

Kira: is it too much to ask for some comment of hint as to what she is or even a passing mention (may of missed it if there was something said) but beyond the 'photo' scott didn't so much as freak or even have an issue, nor did kira seem to have a big problem with him having red glowing eyes, which imho was a bit lame / lazy writing these two 'big deals' where just glossed over.

styles: He wrote the note on the board, to mark kira did he do it to target her or was he in actual fact placing a cryptic warning for scott and co to discover ? also when did styles ability to 'read' come back ? that seemed like a big deal last week, yet another thing that was seemingly glossed over ?

as for 'mr argent' potential demise: my main issue with it was not because of the show, but because it wasn't the only death/serious injury on tv i saw this/last week so i was a bit annoyed with these 'shock value' twists, i accept they happen and alot, but sometimes they feel cheap and don't have any meaning, true real life doesn't give meanings either.

other wise i am very interested in these fire fly ninja's and papa argents past with them.

for some reason i was reminded of a blow up sex doll when lydia had her scream taken away...

More+
Flag
clarified: you have serious issues✓
Flag
A question about Danny: Was it supposed to be significant when he appeared to sense that those ninjas were there? Could Danny be something?

Flag
They've hinted before that Danny is something.
Flag
I know I'm late but it's been a loooong week. Anyway, I loved this episode. First, I thought that scene with the kids trick-or-treating at Derek's CAR was so stupid but I can overlook it because I love this show so much.

I really wish people would stop calling those twins twunks because I find them to be so ugly LOL I don't think they're hot at all. They completely turn me off. Also, I don't think they are trying to be popular or anything like that. They want Scott's approval so that he'll make them a part of his pack. Once they are in his pack, they will have his protection. That is their motivation.

I loved the scene where Scott's father was interrogating the kids. I mostly loved it because of Sheriff Stilinski smirking in the background. Great :P

I was glad to see Stiles get some action, even if it was with a drunk bisexual chick. He needs MORE action. LOL And I don't think Stiles is bisexual, not even a little. But I must say, as someone who has a gay sister, I am glad that Teen Wolf constantly addresses sexuality and make heterosexuality and homosexuality equal on this show.

I think those ninjas are awesome. Even though they're apparently villains, I can't wait to see what else they can do and who or what is controlling them. I hope Scott goes to Deaton; maybe he can shed some light on what they are. And of course, Mr. Argent should be able to provide some clarity. (I hope he's not too badly hurt).

There was so much I liked/loved in this episode but I am so late to this discussion that I'll end my post here. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us next week!
More+
Flag
OMG THIS EPISODE. Perfection. DID YOU LOVE THE NEW INTRO SONG? I DID. SO MUCH.

I love how quirky the Kira/Scott relationship is evolving, I'm in love with the girl already. I think she's a Kitsune now too, mainly because Scott said she looked like a fox. I did not see the fox in that scene, to me it was just a long nose or sth. I don't think Kitsunes have Kira's powers, but this is Teen Wolf, so.

Love Danny, so glad to have him be such a prominent character this time.

Lydia screaming for Scott, just... <3 He's her Alpha too!

When Stiles is pulled away by that girl and Scott and Kira smile, it was adorable. And then STILES' LOOK OMG. My heart skipped a beat. He seriously needs to be with Derek asap. Let's start a petition. Or he could be with Lydia, but with those two, idk. She seems to like him more as a brother, most of the times. It would be nice to be surprised by the writers and be given a Stydia romance, but I'll be equally happy if I get a Sterek. <3 x 100.

I was like, FINALLY, Allison and Isaac will kiss and have shirtless hugs! But no. It was creepier.

These monsters are super original, mysterious and I love them. I wanna smack them for stealing Lydia's banshee scream, but I love them. What's papa Argent's role in all of this!? And what's going on with Stiles' mind???

I CAN'T EVEN WITH THIS SHOW.
More+
Flag
Actually Kitsunes DO have powers like that, they possess ability to manipulate fire and lightning its part of their ability called: "kitsune-bi"(foxfire).

And they posses MANY other abilites, including illusions and type of mind control, which they use to seduce target, there is a reason why kitsunes in myths are compared to vampires or succubuses: "Kitsune are notorious seducers. In fact, the term for the entrancing effect of the kitsune on it's target, whether this is mind control, or sometimes possession, is 'seduction'.
Kitsune have been known to feed off of many things, including words, knowledge, writing, music, the land, and the people around them. Legends have people who take a kitsune lover, and waste away, needing a priest to separate the 'link' between the kitsune and her intended. This link allows the kitsune to drain the person, even when not in the same area as their lover, and the severing of the link doesn't necessarily mean the death of the kitsune.
One of the most common forms of feeding from a target is through sex. Since kitsune are creatures who enjoy sensations in the first place, so this makes sense. The effect of lovemaking for a kitsune's partner is, according to many sources, more pleasurable than most mortals can handle."(info from site about kitsune lore)

This kinda makes me worried for Scott
More +
Flag
You know, you're right! I remember now reading the first book in the Return series of The Vampire Diaries, the one that takes place after the first four, and LJ Smith has kitsunes as the main villains in that book. I blocked that out because that book was terrible...
But yes, those kitsunes were very powerful and mischievous.
Flag
I was also delighted by Lydia calling for Scott. I was half hoping she would call even more loudly and he would hear her with his super-wolf hearing and come running. They're not at all a couple in any sense, but, yeah, he is mostly her alpha too. There's a lot of potential there for a friendship, especially now that she's gotten a little taste of what it's like to be the hero.
Flag
I think it's common knowledge that someone important is dying by the end of the season and why (i hate myself for this) do I think it might be Stiles??? I don't know why but... I do. Sorry, guys.

1) I thought they were looking for Kira, but obviously not.
2) I imagine them smelling like rubber... burnt rubber.
3) Yeah, it's crazy. I can feel the sexual attraction emanating off of them. I'm still so surprised the writers found a way to make a cliche, predictable story into an original and alluding one. We all knew they were going this way, but didn't exactly know the route they'd go. And I'm loving it. Just I'm getting the feeling it will be more of a fling. Like their sex is going to be awesome but... that's it.
4) I don't know but Derek is going to be a good father one day.

Flag
Better NOT be Stiles. The writers would need to fear for their lives!
Flag
I don't think the show could make it without Stiles...
Flag
I heard a couple of months ago that someone who's been around since season 1 is going to die by the end of this season. I've been dreading that ever since I read it. I hope it's Peter!
Flag
I certainly didn't know it. I don't think it's appropriate to post a spoiler like that here, but I guess if you hadn't done it, someone else would have soon enough.

No way that they're killing the most popular character. That only happens on shows that are supposed to be historically accurate. I would bet on Derek, because his role here is small and stupid, and the actor is good looking enough to get offers for better roles.
Flag
Could be Allison actually if the 3B promo was a foreshadowing, seems more unlikely that they'd kill Derek, there are still 8 eps left, and he's much better material for future stories than all the others.
Flag
I don't know that it can be considered all that spoiler-y, especially since Jeff Davis has gone on the record more than once in the press build-up to Season 3B saying there are going to be "character deaths". Plural. He's cagier about how prominent the characters are going to be, but it's not been a secret at all.

That said, I doubt Stiles will be a casualty. He's so integral to the tone of the show and the relationship networks within it that killing him would throw the entire series into chaos. My early money (for whatever that's worth) is on one of Scott's parents. I will be massively devastated if they kill Mama McCall, but I strongly suspect both parents won't make it through the season.
Flag
I would love if it was Scott's Dad. I can't stand the guy. But I believe Jeff Davis said that it was a character that's been around since season one so that excludes him (I think). I would hate if it's Scott's mom. I think Melissa is great and I want her to always be there for Scott. And I DEFINITELY would not be alright if it were Stiles. I don't think they'd DARE kill him off the show.
Flag
Let us hope is not Melissa McCall.
Flag
We don't all read the interviews. But I guess it might be too much to ask that fans don't discuss what's been said in interviews.
Flag
i actually think it will be derek also. his role so far in this half of the season seems to be very detached from the rest of the gang. he has barely had any screen time since the return, although i still feel he is a very important figure in this show it just seems like they want to faze him out.
Flag
No, this is coming from my opinion. I just think that someone important will die. And yeah, I agree about Derek.
Flag
I am so excited for this season. I love Japanese mythology, and I'm really interested in seeing how everything will turn out.
Stiles, tho :( HANG IN THERE, BB.
Flag
The ninjas looked like a noob saibot squad. I'm guessing they're after Kira or one of her parents. Derek lol couldn't resist scaring the little kids and how come Aiden didn't fight back at the end?
Flag
I think they are after the person The Void is controlling or possessing (possibly Stiles).
Flag
he didn't fight back because there was literally nothing he could do. remember he was watching them fight scott and derek, and derek broke one of there necks and it didn't faze him at all. also after that one pulled the sword from his chess, it means just stop and let it happen.
Flag
Yeah, they can't defeat them. I think the only person that can defeat or fight them is Kira's mother or Kira at some point.
Flag
Is it me or they totally drop the hashtag after the epic "thehottestgirl" from last week ?
I mean I was waiting for a #GoStilesGo! when Caitlin kissed him (it would have been the only justified hashtag ever)

Flag
"NOT Johnny Cage, absolutely nobody on this show reminds me of him"

Strange: I thought instantly of Peter Hale wearing sunglasses.
Flag
I think he was refering to Papa Stalinski who is Johnny Cage from the Mortal Kombat movies. But I could totally see Peter as him to.
Flag
Holy cow he was too.
Flag
OMG , he was Cage in the movie!!! And I was thinking of the iconic video game alone, LOL, totally forgot about the movie!
Like you said, in my defense Peter's attitude fits more Cage than papa Stlilinski's. But still, lol!
Flag
SUPERB recap!!! For a fun & halloweeny episode of the great Teen Wolf... Is it me or this second part of Season 3 is much better than the first part?
Is it me or Special Agent McCall is becoming less of a jerk? Maybe I have become blase but I thought he was kind of ok this episode... Also, isn't he a bit too tall to be Scott's dad? Scott's mum isn't particularly short so normally Scott would be closer in height to his dad?
I am still missing Scott + Allison... Perhaps I am a shipper? Or I just do not get why they broke up in the first place... Can't be the werewolfy thing cause Isaac... Isaac is adorable for sure often adorably awkward with her but still...
Derek & the treat-or-tricksters was kind of predictable but beautifully executed and good acting by Derek who can sometimes be a little wooden...

Flag
Scott's Dad is not as big of a jerk lately. But I think he still has it in him :P I guess Scott inherited his mom's genes.

I still miss Scott & Allison together too. I'm a big Isaac fan but I just don't think he and Allison should be together. Also, it doesn't quite make sense that he'd go after his alpha's ex. But it's been clear since 3A that this "relationship" was going to happen so I hope they just get it over with.
Flag
Yea same. I think that Agent McCall just kinda has that square personality and the fact that he isn't clued in on anything doesn't help. Also from what I remember his work seemed to be the main reason Mama McCall and him got divorced. So he could be worse, he hasn't actually done anything too bad besides the whole take Papa Stalinskis job, which yea is super jerk but maybe he chose to handle it rather than another agent.
And I don't think he's too tall, as someone from a tall family not everyone gets their fathers height, (me and my younger bro). Though the actor that plays Scott does a good job at coming off tall when like male every character besides Stiles is actually taller than him.
Flag
Oh, by the way. Thanks, Price, for that fantastic recap. Sometimes, I feel like we meet like secret lovers on a weekly basis. :D Teen Wolf wouldn't be the same without you.

What do the masked people want?

Perhaps, restore a natural order which has been broken? (By Stiles, Scott and Allison)

What do the masked people smell like in your opinion?

I was thinking sulphur, they looked a bit like X Men's Nightcrawler with the vapor wafting around them.
But it could be cherry blossoms, too, as they are seemingly badass (Zombie) Samurai.

How have Isaac and Allison not kissed yet, isn't that insane?

Well, they're being interrupted constantly and then Isaac met the angry Dad and the creepy Dead. After that, I wouldn't be in the mood for smooching. At least, the two keep stripping to the waist. That's almost better than kissing. :D

How often does Derek eat candy for dinner?

Oh, Lord. Poor Derek. He needs someone to cook him nice meals. :D
No, just kidding. The guy can stuff his face with candies and he wouldn't gain an ounce of fat. In his place, I'd make sweets the three most important meals of my day. YAY! That's really unfair. Now, I hate him.

More+
Flag
BTW what happened to Shelley Henig/Malia Tate was she a one off?
Flag
I keep hoping they'll bring her back but I guess they would have brought her back by now if they'd planned on it...
Flag
It certainly seems that way. That was pretty weird. Why do that story at all if it wasn't to introduce a character? Now it seems that the only point was to delay the introduction of the season's big bad.
Flag
I was wondering about something lately and I thought what if Kira or Malia is set to permanently replace Allison. As Scotts love interest.
Flag
I feel like we'll see her again. If the shadow people really are only going after supernatural I feel like someone might bring her up, or she'll get caught up in it. I wouldn't mind seeing her a bit more. She's the only witch left of The Secret Circle who hasn't gotten a regular spot on a show. =/
Flag
I was hoping she'd be back too, after all those years in the body of a coyote you'd think she'd NEED help adjusting, or she might instinctively shift back and not remember how to turn human again - or munch on her dad...

Anyway - maybe she knows something more about "weird happenings in the woods", she's been living out there for YEARS, surely she must have a pretty good idea about stuff going on in her area.
How far was her lair from the Nemeton..?
Flag
I agree. I think we'll see her again, especially since she never really had a chance to adjust to what she is and her clueless dad won't be much help. I always thought Scott might turn into some kind of mentor for her, like Derek kind of was for him at first.
Flag
I hope so too but everybody is busy at the moment

Flag
Did a quick scroll and didn't see anyone talking about the biggest problem with this episode: WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO THE THEME SONG?! Man was that terrible.
Flag
I thought Fox here in Australia had done something to speed it up - I hated it. So sharp. Bring back the orginal.
Flag
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who disliked it. I thought it was awful.
Flag
I actually loved the theme song remixed like this! Wouldn't be too put off knowing it'll be like that for the rest of the series, but it looks like it was a one time thing,
Flag
Yeah somone said it was one time thing because of the DJ in the warehouse is actually a pretty big DJ. He's not as big as Steve Aoki or Skrillex but is kinda in the same mix.
Flag
Really?! Very few people can truly DJ...shame this one is popular, as going by how he destroyed the themes in the theme song, his understanding of music is limited at best. Oh well, hope it's the last I have to hear it :)

Flag
There were a few comments earlier on. Apparently the DJ featured in the party did a remix of it as a one off for this ep.
Flag
Oh, that makes sense I guess...hope it never returns :P
Flag
i thought they did that because it was like a 'party' theme episode and dj'ed it up i hope for only this ep
Flag
All this Danny action reminded me of this Tumblr post:

Danny is a Shirogitsune Kitsune/The Good Fox

Before we go to the Asian Mythology part of this, we can still connect this to the current theme of Teen Wolf which is Celtic/Irish Mythology. Fox animal symbolism takes a turn of intelligence in the Celtic realm, as the Celts believed the fox to be a guide, and was honored for its wisdom. The Celts understood the fox knows the woods intimately, and they would rely upon the fox as their guide in the spirit world.
We all know that Danny is really smart, being known as the “Computer Wiz” and restoring Jackson’s kanima transformation video. But there is more things that proves his intelligence and ability to be a guide in the spirit world. The Alpha Brothers said that either Danny or Lydia will be important to Scott and they presumed that it’s Lydia. Later on, Ms. Morrell told them they need to use someone who can actually seek out the supernatural and Stiles immediately presumed that it’s Lydia, due to her always finding the dead bodies. But Lydia is actually unconsciously seeking dead bodies (due to her being a Banshee) but nothing supernatural. Stiles found Danny’s research paper about “Telluric Current” and matching Danny’s map with Chris Argent’s map, the gang was able to find likely locations for the future body dumps and where Deaton is being held and where his body will be found. Their finding resulted to Scott rescuing Deaton.
Therefore, Danny guided them to finding out where the Darach will go/where Deaton is being held. The Darach is a supernatural being and Deaton is a druid (a priestly class - a.k.a spiritual) which mean Danny is the one who can seek out the supernaturals.
Now with the Asian Mythology…
The kitsune are fox people, and are often deceptive tricksters. They enjoy playing ‘tricks’, and if such tricks should prove harmful or fatal to humans, they care little. If a kitsune is found out, it will usually be killed.However, not all kitsune are evil, and there is a group of kitsune known as the Inari (ē-NA-ɾ̠ē), or Shirogitsune, which are almost the polar opposite of their less disciplined cousins, the Nogitsune. The Inari believe themselves to be servants and messengers of the gods.
Assuming that the Alpha Pack will be less prominent is Season 3B, a new character named Kira will probably be the new villain. Along with confirmation of her character, Jeff Davis also said that they will explore kitsunes. I predict that Kira will be a Nogitsune Kitsume and will be Danny’s rival in some sort of way.
The good kitsune is labeled after the night “as the moon loses its shape by the day” and “the seed of the moon”. The seed of the moon is represented as a child with a good heart and is very likeable to any eye. The child may or may not be born in Japan. The child will grow up as human but will want to know its roots.
Danny’s last name is Mahealani which means “night of the full moon” and if you google “as the moon loses its shape by the day”, there will be a website featuring a Hawaiian Lunar Calendar and Mahealani is one of the phases. We also know that Danny has a good heart and Stiles even said that everybody likes Danny. We can assume that Danny is Hawaiian but the Japanese population is Hawaii is really big due to immigration. This all leads to the point that Danny is indeed a Shirogitsune.
The child is able to attract evil and change it to good in only a matter of days, for it says the child will be born in a way where he seem fragile and this would make the evil think twice of its wrong doing. The good fox is said to be musical, unknowingly intelligent , always loyal, friendly, and normally a follower for its close affections ; it’s known to comfort the wounded, but never hurt another, if not needed.
Now, this all points out Danny’s relationship with Ethan. When we first saw Ethan, he seemed really scary, bloodthirsty and dangerous but when he got closer to Danny, he started to act more innocent and caring. I believe that Danny unconsciously changed Ethan and turned him into a better person. We also saw how caring Ethan is when he rushed Danny to the hospital (because of the mistletoe poisoning) and his unrequited admiration for Danny even after seeing his surgery scars (this points out that Danny is really fragile). Danny is also musical (performing at the memorial), unknowingly intelligent (already stated above), always loyal, friendly and etc. (traits that he always shows). He is also seen comforting Ethan after the staged fight.
The Good Kitsune is said to hold a power that none can fathom, for it’s said to make people cry with joy and sorrow. Its power is unknown, but can only be felt by the Good Kitsune’s voice or touch. For those who hurt the Good Kitsune, a action of some form of pain will be lashed out on the one who inflicted it.
So what I’m getting here The Good Kitsune is basically a walking law of karma? If you hurt it, you’ll get hurt too. Danny’s ex-boyfriend cheated on him which probably hurt him then boom, ex-boyfriend is hit by kanima. Then, the kanima paralyzed Danny and then later, Stiles punched Jackson. That’s basically enough reasoning to why Danny is a good kitsune.
More+
Flag
Sounds really intriguing, but I don't think that Kira will turn out as a super villain. So far, she hasn't shown signs of a bad trickster.

I've just read something interesting about kitsunes. A kitsune is a shapeshifter, and usually when it reaches the age of 100 years, it learn the ability to take on a human form. Thus, they have to be a fox for a hundred years before it can shapeshift from a fox to a human and back again.
I'd look more in the direction of Kira's Mom, she's the one with the freakish heritage.
The mythology also states, that kitsunes like romance and get involved with humans to have children which they abandon as soos as they are found out as foxes.
One more interesting aspect: Those of certain faiths who actually possess faith (read: Clerics, Priests, Monks, Healers) do not see kitsune illusion. In fact, if they touch an illusion made by a kitsune, the illusion will dissolve. The distruction of a kitsune's illusions by faith is a traumatic event to a kitsune, as their concept of reality gets destroyed.
I think Teen Wolf must have its own concept of the kitsune, like they have with the Banshee. Lydia doesn't seem to be supernatural, although myhtologically speaking, Banshees are otherworldly. I don't care much, it surely will be entertaining to find out, what Kira really is.

More +
Flag
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_elements_(Japanese_philosophy)
This info in Wikipedia is really interesting.

The Five elements in the Japanese Philosophy are:

1- Earth
2- Water
3- Fire
4- Wind
5- Void

or sora, most often translated as "Void", but also meaning "sky" or "Heaven", represents those things beyond our everyday experience, particularly those things composed of pure energy. Bodily, represents spirit, thought, and creative energy. It represents our ability to think and to communicate, as well as our creativity. It can also be associated with power, creativity, spontaneity, and inventiveness.

is of particular importance as the highest of the elements. In martial arts, particularly in fictional tales where the fighting discipline is blended with magic or the occult, one often invokes the power of the Void to connect to the quintessential creative energy of the world. A warrior properly attuned to the Void can sense their surroundings and act without thinking, and without using their physical senses.

x Maybe Shadow Ninjas want to invoke the power of the Void through some kind of "ritual" with the people they marked, but for what purpose??

More+
Flag
You were right all along. Wow. Just Wow!!!
Flag
Seems that the Void is superior to the Shadow Ninjas. Maybe Stiles is possessed by the Void ("we are going to destroy all of them one by one" Stiles and the Void. ;((( I hope this theory is totally wrong, because Stiles is gonna be in big big troubles.

Flag
I was reading in Tumblr the theories and info and many people said that the electricity is the element of this season. I know that electricity is heavily a part of the season and that the element has to be in some way related to the villain of the season, but electricity is not an element.

Season 1 - Fire, related to Peter
Season 2- Water, related to Matt
Season 3A- Earth, related to the Darach, Nemeton and the telluric currents.

In my opinion:

Season 3B- Void (Spirit)
In the Japanese culture the Void is the fifth element and many people said that in Wicca Spirit is the fifth element. This make sense because of the shadows(spirits) and the mention of the Void Spirit.

This info is on Internet.

Many of the classical element systems had 5 elements. The 4 mundane elements (earth, air, water, fire) are most well-known and commonly encountered. But there was often a fifth element: space, heaven, void, aether, quintessence. These were used to describe "heavenly" phenomena like stars or other supposedly unknowable, unchangeable, or incorruptible entities.
Flag
How are people still clueless about Cora? Jeez lol she's not coming back
Flag
No, she's not coming back as a regular, but her story remains so open-ended that I hope they'll be able to resolve it somehow. I would prefer, if the actress has a chance, for Cora to make a guest appearance to do so, but even Jackson got shipped off to London when Colton Haynes left the show.
Flag
So, just for shits and giggles, I am trying to help this posting reach 500 before Coven airs its season finale because that likely is going to have some reaction and then the Vampire Diaries might intrude. But I do think dorkily I am going to research the significance of the number 5 both as a backwards thing (or maybe offthepreserve has something with all its mirror theories) and as significant in the Asian cultures they are drawing from this season. I am going to stick with Japanese since I am just assuming Kira's supernaturalness comes from her mother's side and the older man who appears in the trailers, or at least in the brief glimpse we saw, is Japanese, so I am presuming it is Kira's grandfather and maybe...this is making me snicker....when Chris started to realize his father and sister were nutso he drifted for awhile and Kira's grandfather became...sort of like his sensei or his Takeda to Emily...sorry.
Flag
You might also check if the reversed 5 could also be a Japanese character too. I'm thinking that the fact that it looks like a number is a coincidence.
Flag
There is this whole shadow self theory that arose from Stiles seeing so much in the first trailer in a mirror or backward and when Lydia was in the total unknown she couldn't look in a mirror or Jackson as Kanima. But how about this...five is actually a good number in Japanese culture. So they could be weirdly good or the fact its in reverse.
Flag
"On my world, it means hope."
"Well, here it's an S."
Flag
Sadly, I saw your comment last night and it just occurred to me today what its from. I am going to convince myself through my doubting that these ninja demon things aren't actually bad people at this rate.
Flag
I know it may be something distant right now, with all this exciting debate about the Shadow-Men and the Kitsune and stuff, but I read something on Tumblr that I can't get off of my mind:

Was dream-Lydia in Stiles's dream a good or a bad thing? I mean, Stiles was trying to close the door and later Deaton said to him and Scott that they have to close that door, to not let the darkness in. Dream-Lydia was begging Stiles to be away from that door, to leave it as it was: open. So was Lydia an evil presence that want to keep that door open in Stiles's mind to let the darkness take control of him or was she a hint from Stiles's sane part of his brain who was telling him subconsciously that he has to close that door (because she's his anchor, after all, who's supposed to "pull him back")?

Maybe he was so surprised to see Lydia on his bed next to him not because they haven't that kind of relationship, but because it was his right mind telling him to be careful with Lydia's presence there, because it was evil.
More+
Flag
In the second season Stiles told Scott that he considers Lydia to be 'mostly evil but not completely evil'. It is unlikely that his subconscious would have chosen her as a symbol of good.
Flag
I think he said that like in "she can be the bitchiest girl in town and the most wondferful/lovely/the kindest person at the same time", not real evil evil, hahaha.
Flag
When he and Scott were arguing about Lydia possibly being the Canima Stiles said that the Canima was completely evil while Lydia was only 80% evil - 60% on a good day.

Flag
But she's also the most intelligent person he knows, so if his subconscious needed someone to represent knowledge or his intellect, it would make sense that it would be Lydia too. Plus the whole 'banshee warning of death' thing, her as a warning also makes sense.

But if something did come through the door, then it might use Lydia as a disguise. I mean the guy's had a crush on her forever, I expect she's been quite a prominent feature in some of his dreams. And of all the people Stiles could never hurt, she's right up there. It's like a disguise and armour all in one.
Flag
I personally think that she was there as his anchor, to prevent him from going dark/crazy, and not as some evil entity interfiring on his dreams to control him/getting him into the dark side.
Flag
When I rewatched the season premiere, I had the same thought. I tried to think, what was the point of not having him discover the Nemeton and all of that, especially since it was still at least one inception dream level down. Like, what would have happened if he returned to bed. Would Lydia as his anchor and dream girl turn the dream to the positive, follow Stiles' initial instinct (to not let them in as he was mumbling in our first glimpse of him) and he would have gone back to a restful sleep and closed the door. Or would he have been trapped in a state where he could be controlled more. I don't know. There is also this whole thinking that there could be large parts of this season that aren't actually happening and are all in Stiles' head.
Flag
The ghost ninjas were really cool and kinda creepy too. I want to see more of them and I hope they won't be easily conquered.

Derek is my fav!
Flag
Why are we assuming the message on the board was meant for the killer?
Maybe it was a hint he subconsciously left for himself/ our good guys so they can figure everything out…? After all the message made Stiles and Lydia look for Kira!

And other thing... I don't think that the "ninjas" are trying to mark everyone. I think it's a way of marking them as NOT the one they are looking for (and it seems more and more likely that they are looking for Stiles).

Basically, I think Stiles brought something back from the other side of the doors. And the ninjas are trying to find it and bring it back where it belongs. Or something along the lines :P. They didn't actually hurt anyone yet. I think we should be scared of whatever they are after...
Flag
Maybe, I mean, as Kira pointed out the Bordo stage you are to be visited by good and wrathful deities, it could be he let Barrow in and knew that was who he was after and another portion of him wrote out an answer that he knew at least Lydia would get (I haven't taken chemistry in over sixteen years, I know Potassium is K and I think I knew its atomic number is 19...it was also likely hung up in that class room...). I mean, if you think about it, Barrow seemed to be fairly with it in terms of strategy, he probably wouldn't have left the clue or at least it would have been sort of wiped away once Barrow got the message.
Flag
Yes, I thought something similar. When I was watching it, my first thought was: yeah, sure, Barrow bothered to spend some time writting an encrypted message... Why? To clarify his thoughts (because you know, write something down helps you to understand it)? Come on, TW, if you wanted to lead Stiles and Lydia to Kira, don't make it so easy/obvious, you know better! But then again I thought: wait... if Barrow did write those numbers out of his madness or something, why didn't he wipe them off? Even if it was some sort of command from an evil entity, he should've wiped them off, right?
Flag
I've considered both ways: Stiles's subconscious writting the numbers as a hint for him and Lydia to go after Kira in order to save her or Stiles being subconsciously controlled by some evil thing that want to lead the crazy guy to Kira to kill her. I personally think that the first option is the easy to pick because how would be the crazy guy related to the evil entity? And wouldn't the evil entity just lead the crazy guy towards Kira? Why bother to have an intermediary (Stiles) to pass the order to the crazy guy?
Flag
Well, Stiles psychic door is still open, which would've made it easier to get the message through to Barrow. Barrow might've been disturbed, but his "psychic door" may have been closed to the message.

I'm not completely convinced that Stiles was possessed, but I'm open to that possibility.
Flag
I keep reading here the word "possessed", but I can't agree with it. I think "possessed" means that something, some entity, some espectre, has "entered" your body and it's controlling you, and I think that what happened with Stiles there has nothing to do with some thing getting into his body, but more like some thing (the darkness from their sacrifices that Deaton told them about) controlling him from the outside, not from his inside.
Flag
I think that difference is more of a difference in semantics. If an evil force is controlling Stiles' mind for even a short time, it has gained access to his mind and is therefore "in" his head; i.e.: he's been possessed.

On the other hand, what you seem to be talking about is full-blown possession by an evil entity. Whether or not that has happened remains to be seen, but from what I've seen, I doubt that's what's happened.
Flag
I think it was Stiles sub-consciously writing the digits on the board. When that girl kissed Stiles. I. WAS. PISSED.
Flag
1) They want supernatural creatures apparently
2) Like wet dogs
3) They have kissed only behind the scenes
4) He doesn't eat candy cause it's bad for his teeth.
Flag
Question, that may be pointless: If Stiles was the one to write the numbers, then how did he know to point the finger at Kira?

At the time he would have written the message he would have had no knowledge that she was anything other than a human girl. Not consciously anyway.

So if he did do that, he might be possessed in some way, or it might be the darker side of his subconscious.

If it's possession then it makes sense that whatever's in his brain with him would be able to see a supernatural creature for what they truly are. It going after Kira is interesting, when there are so many other creatures in Beacon Hills to go after. As far as I can see, the options are: it couldn't get Stiles to betray his friends, it thought Kira, as the non-pack member, would be more vulnerable, or it didn't want to alienate Stiles this early in the game.

If it's the darker part of Stiles then it implies that either:
Through his connection to the Nemeton and the open door that he currently has some ability to detect the supernatural
OR
He had a black out period as his "evil self" took over and saw something that indicated Kira was something other than human (if so, what?).

At least this way it makes more sense that he would go after Kira as even the darker side of him might not want to hurt his 'friends' too much, at least not yet (the darkness seems to be something that builds up). Or maybe, again, she was seen as a bigger threat or more vulnerable.

Or, alternatively, it wasn't Stiles at all and this is all some freaky mind-game. And that means the culprit is still unaccounted for.

Not sure what I'm hoping to accomplish with this question, but I thought it might be interesting to ask.
More+
Flag
I think Stiles might be being controlled by some other entity and might view Kira as a threat (I have this idea since it is her aura that holds the Kitsune, and considering its color, it might be the thing to defeat the ninja guys).
Flag
- Everyone and each of their reactions to the encounters with the Shadow-Men were startling. Isaac crying was hearbreaking, Lydia's disrupted scream froze my blood and reminded me of HP's dementors... just hair-rising.

- I don't buy Lydia now putting the brake on Aiden because he helped murder Boyd when two days ago (literally) she was hooking up with him like she has being doing so far, as if she were ok with it altough she already knew about the Boyd thing. And Susan Walters (Mamá Martin) said that she'll appear more from this midseason forward. That and JD saying that Lydia has a older sister (out off to College) that they may bring to the show, make me being looking forward to meet more Lydia's family members :)

- Thank you TW for confirming and putting into words what I already thought: Allison is a frigid girl and it makes her annoying and embittered. She needs sex to ease her character and make her smile from time to time xD

- Scott's the cuttiest. I understand that starting a new relationship and seeing his ex with another guy at the same moment freaked him out, and the show put it magnificently: the song, the glances between them like nothing else exists... just perfect. And then, when I thought that nothing could improve that scene, Scott realizes that Kira is gone and looks for her among the crowd. And what he sees it's the Kitsune's aura, "protecting" her. JUST PERFECT.

- Stiles's make up with the bisexual girl from early this season had not sense at all. Why her precisely? For it to be some familiar face? And why the make out? It could've been just a regular conversation and it could've had the same consecuences.

- Great twist at the end. I didn't see that coming at all, it was amazing. Most of the fandom (mainly on Tumblr) thinks that it all is an Stiles's dream/nightmare, but then again fandom speculated with "Visionary" was all just an Scott's dream, due to Lydia's termodinamyc book and stuff. I do think that Stiles wrote those numbers in an subconscious mind state, like in his dream-within-a-dream dreams, it being to lead the crazy guy to Kira to kill her or to lead himself and Lydia to save Kira.

Sorry for the length, I just wanted to express my thoughts xD Hope somebody read it and let me know what they think about it :)
More+
Flag
Yeah at first I didn't buy Lydia putting the breaks on Her and Aiden either, and still don't really. I guess I'm just trying to focus on the fact that she did say it was in part due to doing something good (with somone good -cough- Stiles -cough-) whereas before Lydia was kind of the person that things just happened to and that happened to have info not the type to actively try to help in situations.
Flag
Also I really like how they are making us wait for Isaac and Alice to kiss. It gives even those who didn't initailly want it (I didn't) to really just be like "Hurry up and kiss already". Like by the time they finally smooch I think there will be few who oppose it. Good on Teen Wolf and how they handled this situation.
Flag
You mean Allison? :P
Flag
Yes haha, i guess it's my subconscious wanting to make her badass like Alice from resident evil
Flag
With the amount of cuckoo-hallucinations she's been having she could be Alice in Wonderland too :P
Flag
Derek needs to apply for a deputy job at the station.
1. Tyler in uniform
2. Derek and Papa Stilinski bonding
3. Derek being more closely included in the storylines
4. another perosn being able to cover the supernatural stuff
Flag
Yes, omg yes haha. He really does need a job in general maybe make some adult friends. But Tyler in a nice fitted uniform would be awesome!
Flag
I love this show, it makes me crazy!!

That aside, I love how the Sherriff truly enjoyed Agent d!#% McCall's confusion during the interrogation. I could just hear him saying "welcome to my world, let's see how you deal with it"! His amused smirk was so worth seeing through that painful interview!

I guess I was more amused than most about Stiles' vow to leave Scott and Kira stranded at the Sherriff's office if they were caught, and then he came to their rescue anyway. That was such a perfect Stiles moment! But now I'm really wondering what Stiles has on Scott's father.

Lydia really came into her own in this episode. I love that she gave Aidan such a hard time about him killing Boyd, he really hasn't shown any remorse about that. And while helping with the party was nice, both Ethan and Aidan really need to step up a lot more if they want to be given a second chance.

Kira & Scott...awww. Allison & Isaac...about flipping time! Stiles & Caitlin...hehehehe! Lydia, what happened to your game, girl?

The demon fireflies are freaky and seriously cool!!! They are literally shadows with glowing eyes! When they caused the light in that closet to go out, there went my first concept of a defense, putting in perimeter lights. It was only sunlight and maybe Danny's black light artwork (or Danny himself) that stopped them. And I was wondering if the reversed 5 is actually a Japanese character instead of a number.

I'm surprised that Kira's parents weren't waiting at the station to take their daughter home. But I really loved that fox outline around her shown by Scott's Alpha vision. That is a very cool effect.

In the last episode, we see Derek talking with his dead mother, and then Peter asks him an intriguing question. The next time we see him, Peter is no where in sight, and Derek is nonchalant enough to scare some trick-or-treaters, and then get a bit of payback from the demon fireflies. So I'm wondering, where's Peter?!

Chris actually took out a demon firefly?!! I can't really see how he could have a broken mask without having kicked some demon @$$. And while I think that's awesome, it also looks like they may have kicked him back!

What do the masked people want? Their broken mask back.

What do the masked people smell like in your opinion? Like incense and dust.

How have Isaac and Allison not kissed yet, isn't that insane? Extremely insane.

How often does Derek eat candy for dinner? Only on Halloween.

More+
Flag
Interesting situation how the lights affect the demons fireflies. When they attack Isaac was immediately after the blackout. They turn off the light and then attack Ethan. The sunlight cause them to vanish. I think they are after Kira because she is maybe the person that can defeat them. Kira needs to learn how to use the energy (light) she absorbs. And the opening credits shows the lightning.
Flag
Light is usually a great bother for creatures of the dark.

If Kira really is a Kitsune, then she might have some firepower according to the lore: ...a kitsune can make lightning or fire. The kitsune can also, to a small range, breathe out fire. Kitsune can also make small 'fox lanterns', by producing small balls of fire to float around them, and guide their way. This fire can be used as a weapon, or as a toy.
But we still don't know what the Men in Black want. So far they haven't harmed anyone seriously. Yeah, a fit of hypothermia and anxiety, but nothing lethal, yet. They just kept putting stamps on the gang. Relly weird. They might be after Mr. Argent, but then again, he would be a really easy target. This shadowy forms are almost unbeatable when they act in the dark. And they got Katanas inside them, perhaps even a complete arsenal of weapons, who knows. Can't wait until the next episode. Teen Wolf is killing me! :D

Flag
That is really intriguing!

While I'm 80% sure the black samurai are evil of some kind, I love the idea that they might be dispatched to fix whatever is unbalanced, perhaps the doors opened by Allison, Scott and Stiles. They formed out of the nemeton, but the reasons for targeting Scott's pack are still obscure. As it stands, all of the supernatural members of Scott's "pack" are marked, but not Scott himself.

The real questions then arise from Chris Argent. Why does he have one of their broken masks? What else does he know about them, if anything?
Flag
That's an interesting idea.

Right now I'm of two minds on the demons: 1) That they are the bad guys working with the evil force, or 2) that they might be the good guys looking for the evil force. I think I'm going to watch all of the episodes this weekend and try to figure it out.
Flag
This episode was great! So creepy and left me with more questions than answers. I have no idea what the masked people want but maybe they've markings will either possess their victims/maybe turn them into more shadow ninjas.

I'll have to rewatch the final scene with Stiles but it seemed like he was conscious of his actions prior to entering the chemical store room. I was waiting to see what was inside but instead we only saw Stiles leaving, seemingly possessed which made me even more curious about what was in the storeroom. I don't understand why possessed Stiles would write the same code on the blackboard (or why no one would clean the blackboard) considering Barret is gone now and the code has already been deciphered.

My first thought after seeing Stiles possessed was that wouldn't we have heard about him missing time/not remembering things but Teen Wolf have done a really good job with setting him up as an unreliable narrator who never knows when he's dreaming/awake
Flag
Stiles was conscious of his actions the whole time. In between kisses with Caitlin, he figured out that the phosphors on his key (and the actual key itself) had come from (went to) the chemical storage room. He only went there to use the key, and confirm that it went to that room, not to go inside. Him re-writing the code on the board was to see that HE was the one that left the code for Barrow. He wasn't possessed at that time.
Flag
Okay so I just rewatched it and I think you're right, he did seem conscious of his actions. I'm not sure why I thought he was possessed when he came out of the cupboard at the end but thanks
Flag
Allisaac 4evarrrrrr

Damn they are playing out this whole UST thing soooo well. Loving it.
Flag
Why do I have this feeling that we are still in a Stiles dream?
Flag
Because it is a valid and rational thought...I wonder if any portion of this season is real (or if this is a giant scheme of Jeff Davis' to keep them in high school longer by having this all be a dream).
Flag
But he can read, doesn't that man we're out of dream?
I really hope they don't go back on this. And I don't think Jeff Daniels really needs a reason to keep them in high school. ALMOST all of them have legit reasons to stay in Beacon Hills, if not go to nearest college. I could also see Allison leaving too. I mean she The wolves are going to want stick together. And what Scott has seen I can't see him leaving his mom to far behind anytime soon. Same for Stiles and his dad, also he wouldn't want to leave Scott. I'd only have trouble believing the girls really wanting to stay, Lydia no doubt has college options, but she's not as close and protective of her parents like Stiles and Scott. Allison probably doesn't have as big protection for her dad either. Only see them staying for love interest, otherwise I wouldn't surprised if they both wanted to leave.
Flag
Jeff Davis sort of said with an evil smirk that he is planning on keeping them in high school...why there appeared to be at least three full moons in season 3a and even if they start school in August it is only now Halloween? And 3awas the start of their junioryear.
Flag
@riot Teen Wolf Christmas would make me so happy! Christmas with the Hales would be so awkward.
Flag
Didn't know that. I guess I don't mind too much as long as it isn't too much of a dream sequence.
And time stays somewhat consistant unlike when I watched Pretty Little Liars.
I mostly just don't want to miss bdays and holidays. Shows with these type of schedules don't get to do too many holiday themed episodes. I mean imagine a christmas one or a valentines day one!
Flag
Stiles thinks blue is nice.
Next episode Derek wears a blue T-shirt.
Just saying.

Flag
Derek, Isaac, Kira, and Scott were all wearing blue. Allison was wearing a blue flannel shirt. And Scott's dad was wearing a blue suit. A point I missed in my "This is still a Stiles dream" theory .
Flag
I don't recall Kira or Scott wearing blue. Though I think Lydia was wearing blue as well. Hm, but I'm sticking to my joy nevertheless.
But now I'm wondering whether it will be significant, all the blue.
Flag
Makes my sterek shipper heart flutter, as did the long ponderous silence when stiles was asked if he liked boys.
Oh how they enjoy toying with us!
Flag
Can people start respecting Derek, his body and possessions, please? It's not funny. Never was. And does everyone has a key to the loft? Does it even have key? But I'm glad he is finally included into the main story line. He also looked really really well in the blue shirt. I loved the scene with teh kids - he is such a 5 year old, and the way he efficiently disband the party.
Also, stop hurting Issac.
I enjoyed the episode for the most part.
I'm not really down with the Slo-Mo Twins. I like the Carver boys but I don't trust the twins and honestly, I don't care much for them staying. Redemption arc or not.
Poor Stiles, I could have done without the kissing but I did love another bisexuality hint. I wonder whether it's the Nemethon or something darker that is controlling him.
The stealing of Lydia's scream was chili indeed.
Loved Papa Stilinski during the interrogation scene and I hope we get to see more of her. She is fun.
I agree that the romance on this show is handled wonderfully. And that moment with Scott and Allison rang very true. In a way they both needed to let go and aknowledge for themselves and the other that they did. And I like how Scott and Kira are a cute little romance of two bumbling bubbly kids and Isaac and Allison are two wounded people being drawn together.
More+
Flag
Remember when Derek indirectly killed best tv mom in tvverse? THE MOM! But time when Twunks were cult-forced to kill for demon wolf somehow always comes back. Ah those teens, always remember what is important.
And to top that, Derek growled on some poor hungry children who could smell he has melting candy in his car. Thankfully Karma is a b***h and some shadowy avengers gave Derek a karmatic ear boxing tattoo. While he was passed out, his apartment became the instant flash mob black light party because it was the most whistle-clean place in town. The place where you could safely take off your shirt without being worried you would get mould or spiderwebs or led poisoning. Ha ha Derek. Go clean this place...again. Karma, dude, Karma. But I started in the middle, let me get back to the beginning of this wonder.
Isaac was crying. That was the single most disturbing and emotional scene ever. Top 10 moments of 2014. And it's only January. Wow. Then immediately Mr. Argent tried to steal the show for himself. Because obviously everything is about Mr. Argent, the great smuggler of anchient Japanese masks now. Gotta love those rentals in TW. They really try to outwit those teens. And they are good at trying. Except if you are papa McCall. Then you are good at being jerk. Looking at papa McJerk it made me wonder what was Melissa thinking when she said yes to this guy. What drew her to him. What angle he had that she had some shirtless hugs with this creepy guy. Was it the drugs? Must be drugs. I don't know where was Peter during this show and am really rooting for him right now. Because from all men in this town, he's the only one with enough cred to do some ear-boxing of McJerk and then running off to the sunrise with mama McCall while laughing evily as well.
Back at school, Kira was over-worked over the most important teenage thing: the image of self. After some shady Scott-to-the-rescue scenes they went to work off the steam on some (random to them) party. Everybody loves Danny and here is proof why. Even in power out, he can make the most expensive party with hired pro DJ with his personal bodyguard and a black light paint artist. Danny's the best. Danny for the king. Of prom or something. Love Danny <3.
Shadow avengers felt really bummed for not being invited and they took it to themselves to show their unhappyness on supernatural teens. Then Derek got his stuff together and yelled some more. Aww Derek. <3. Being a shadowboxer isn't really a look for you. Or any other wolf aparently. So yeah, bye till next week.
I really loved how TW showed that ships don't always break even and for Allison it obviously isn't over regardless she was the one who called it off. But only in TW Scott could be on to his second gf while Stiles still hasn't found anyone. ANYONE. I don't care who it is, but Stiles really needs some shirtless hugs before he loses it. Might be too late though.
More+
Flag
I think we all agree Ms McCall is the best mom, though Allisons mom comes in second at being super badass and just really intimidating. And for Derek it was either her or Scott while she also trying to kill Scott. And he didn't killer just bit her, she killed herself after not wanting to transform. The twins did it for power a move, they willing joined the Alpha pack for power, it's not even close to the same thing. Plus Allison was basically down to kill Derek for a time, so yes everyone gets to be made at the twins for bad decisions.
Flag
Best TV mom cannot afford a mistake of giving shirtless hug to Agent McJerk.

In no country on planet would anyone hold a teenager accountable for his actions with same weight as an adult. A fact you would understand once you reach adulthood. A full grown, educated male werewolf vs female human is no way a fair fight nomatter what methods a woman uses. Derek could make her just pass out, he didn't have to bite her, of which he fully understood consequences and did it anyway.
Flag
What are you talking about?!
The best tv mom wouldn't kill herself leaving her child to a family filled with hunters like Gerard. Scotts dad is a jerk, yes but he's not evil and just isn't clued in on things.

And what do you mean in no country would anyone hold a teenager the same weight as adult, that's ridiculous and happens all the time. The Twins are 17 at the youngest. But try looking up George Stinney a famous case in which a 14 was executed the same way they would an adult.
And as far as it being a fair fight, she's a hunter who was about to kill a male werewolf she already had the upper hand on Derek before he bit her because of the wolfsbane vapor. How was he supposed to know she'd kill herself. And why would he care when she wants to kill him, Scott, and all the others.
Flag
I agree. What Derek did to her was karmic justice.
She was willing to kill an innocent teenager just for being a werewolf? (And dating her daughter, ok. :p )
Well, let's see what you do when YOU are the "innocent" werewolf?
He didn't kill her, he didn't even force her to commit suicide - it was all her choice.
At least she was consistent - her fear and hatred was more important to her than her own daughter, whether it was Scott's or her own life on the line.
Flag
This show gets better every week, it's soooo much better than TVD!
Flag
1. Given the group of people they went after? I would say they harvest powers? Or are recruiting?
2. Powder Sugar
3. I had flashbacks during that alsmot kiss To Sos mi Vida, it took them 51 episodes to kiss and at some point they made a bit of a running joke out of them being interrupted constantly. Could work for one or two ore episodes on TW as well.
4. Every other day. He deserves all the sweets.
Flag
So kira i would hope saw scott's red eyes etc in the fight at the end so i wonder if they will play it down or see if she freaks/accepts him. This true alpha stuff has gotta have something more to it, atm he just seems like a normal alpha and is holding everything back(surely deucalion must have been after him knowing he would become more powerful at some stage). So i rewatched the end and only that time noticed the stiles writing on the chalkboard being the same that was already there left as a message for the psycho dude. So stiles has no memory of this and being used as a pawn at this stage.
Flag
I think she did and I have a feeling they will have a conversation about it probably even before the credits next week. I think judging by the one sneak peek they showed that Scott figures out a new thing about his Alpha abilities, I think he might be able to control any 'packs' so he can stop the ninjas.
Flag
They want Chris Argent duhhh. I like the idea of Isaac and Allison alot more than Scott and Kira or Allison but, not more than Stiles and Cora man they need to kiss already. Derekis always working out so he must be burning off a whole days worth of chocolate
Flag
You know Cora isn't coming back to the show right?
Flag
What the hell are you serious why
Flag
She's the lead on another show these days--CW's Reign or something like that.

I suppose I should clarify: at the very least, she isn't coming back in a major role (Reign is doing quite well, I hear). This isn't to say that she won't make a reappearance, but certainly not in any capacity to be in a relationship with Stiles.

And it's not like they really had any chemistry, right? They were on screen together like three times and it was always super awkward.
Flag
I suppose
Flag
http://colethewolf.tumblr.com/post/74904410528/an-anon-told-me-about-how-we-may-have-already

Very interesting info about Stiles and Scott's dad confrontation.

Flag
He did seem to change but I thought it's because he's fiercely protective of his Dad.
Flag
That's an interesting theory.
Flag
Yeah I noticed that too. I mean you even think back to how he threatened Ethan, it was still with Stiles' goofiness. And he stopped fidgeting. Stiles always fidgets.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members