A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Teen Wolf S03E19: "Letharia Vulpina"

If you want to make a horror villain less scary, give him or her a complicated backstory, an understandable motivation, a clear goal, and the singular intent of harming a specific person. As audience members we can mentally handle those things... "Oh, phew, at least *I'm* safe." But if you randomize things, making the villain unknowable, their methods unfathomable, with goals hazier than a pirate ghost-infused fog, that's when entertainment gets harmful and horrifying. That's why The Dark Knight worked so well: The Joker subverted every expectation or assumption we had, making him that much more disturbing. Random victims? No real purpose behind his madness? It's hard to feel safe and secure from something like that. It's also why Halloween's original conception of Michael Myers will always be superior to Halloween II's ret-conned-to-add-motivation version (and don't get me started about the horrendous remake's mystique-eradicating backstory). The second we found out he was simply going after his own sister it took away the boogeyman mystique, the idea that he would randomly stalk people for no apparent reason. As a horror fan I need that uncertainty, that fear of coincidence, that anxiety of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. That kind of thing will always work on me better than a ham-fisted revenge motivation.

Now that we know the Nogitsune's true purpose (CHAOS!), it's officially my favorite villain of the series so far. Like, sorry, but in retrospect both the Kanima and the Darach had very specific revenge-based hit lists, meaning that our heroes were more or less safe so long as they didn't put themselves directly in harm's way. But the Nogitsune wants to inflict random pain on anybody it can. That randomness is the true root of any good nightmare scenario. How could one possibly hope to escape from or remain safe from something they can't predict or understand? You can't, and that's when the horror seeps in. A lot of viewers simply won't accept chaos as a motivating factor and will mistake that subconscious discomfort for a negative critical opinion ("the killer didn't make any sense!"). But make no mistake: Randomness is the most disturbing horror element possible and any writer who wields it deserves credit for taking that risk. Long story short, Teen Wolf remains next-level.

Hey let me stop spewing horror theory at you and let's talk about "Letharia Vulpina"!

We began--THANK GOD--at the Yakuza headquarters again. At this point any episode of Teen Wolf (or any TV show in general) that doesn't begin with a Yakuza crime boss shouting at his gang will be sort of a let down. But instead of a big gun-vs.-sword fight with ghost demons in the '90s, this Yakuza scene was set in the present day and the boss was super mad at everybody because his doggie was sick. Look at the poor girl just lying on that red circle cushion like that. Luckily the vet had arrived!

Haha of course. Classic Deaton!!!

He examined the dog and determined it had been poisoned and suspected it had eaten a bright green moss called "Letharia Vulpina." All the Yakuza dudes were too scared to take him to the locked garden, so when the boss finally took him down we learned why: That was where the the Yakuza flashback had happened! The previous Nogitsune had been stabbed by Oni and then bled over the fountain and then moss grew on it. That is one of the most common ways for moss to grow, just FYI. 

But it turned out this entire thing was a textbook druid ruse! 

Deaton had poisoned the dog himself and then paralyzed the Yakuza boss, all so he could get a sample of this moss, which I guess he could use to poison the Nogitsune inside Stiles. Forget mythological Japanese fox spirits... Deaton is a capital-T TRICKSTER.

Meanwhile back in America in California in Beacon Hills in the Beacon Hills Hospital parking lot, this was still going on:

Not only was there a livewire running around trying to warn everybody about a livewire, an ambulance crashed and made a puddle and then basically everybody SPRINTED to go stand in that puddle and get electrocuted!

Including, OH NO, Isaac! I was very upset. Our poor Isaac's streak of getting severely harmed in every episode remained intact! Sure, he probably should have known better than to step into that water for basically no reason, but at least he pushed Allison out of the way first. Isaac was a hero, but also he was a fried-to-a-crisp hero now. Ugh, I really hate that Nogitsune now. I mean he seemed like a jerk before, but harming Isaac is my trigger and now I REALLY don't like that ghost dog.

It was enough to make Kira do a backflip off a Jetta and then steal all the juice out of that livewire!

So good. I loved seeing her eyes glow. This was the episode where Kira officially became a b*dass. Welcome, girl.

Then suddenly it was two days later and everybody was bummed. Isaac was in the ICU still and Stiles was missing.

Sheriff Stilinski had received a text message from Stiles commanding him not to look for him, so that was probably pretty tough. But then Agent McCall came in and started yammering something about the Yakuza and Sheriff Stilinski was NOT that interested.

Meanwhile Scott and his mom decided to go pay Isaac a visit, and look who had spent the night in the waiting room!

This was very heartbreaking to me: Allison wasn't even allowed to see Isaac on account of not being family, so she opted to just sit there in the waiting room by herself. Look, you can have your epic kisses or sexy love scenes, but to me there is nothing more romantic than someone sleeping in a hospital waiting room for someone else. THIS is love. If there was any remaining doubt about the depth of Allison and Isaac's feelings for each other, there should be none now. 

Also, I loved when Melissa corrected Allison that Isaac DID have family (them), and better yet, she had a key card. It was a simple joke but man it hit me in my heartbones. I just really love all these people.

Even though it had been two days, Isaac still looked like a fried beef patty and was NOT healing like a werewolf should. Both Allison and Scott seemed very sad about it and held hands.

In my opinion this did not constitute a back-slide into their old relationship, but more a showing that they will always be friends. Or at least I think so? I was really touched by this, either way.

But Isaac was still in tons of pain, so Scott sucked a lot of it out of him. I'd forgotten that was one of Scott's abilities! Such a cool ability. Obviously it doesn't heal people necessarily, but it clearly brings them a measure of relief, and that is straight-up heroic on Scott's part. He's like a reverse vampire or something which believe me is REFRESHING.

Later on at school, the coach was yelling at everybody to fill out a card for Isaac (Danny was the first to run up and snatch the card out of Coach's hand, obviously), but the trio of werewolves heard a high-pitched frequency and followed it into the basement. Guess what they found?

THIS GUY. 

Before the twins could rip Stiles/Nogitsune to shreds, Scott stopped them and it seemed like Stiles had returned to his former self anyway. 

Not only that, but he was bringing to their attention that his alter-ego had been up to no good in the previous two days and he had the maps and dirty tools to prove it. Uh-oh!

Speaking of up to no good:

Peter Hale was at the high school flirting with Lydia's mom! I loved when Lydia's mom protested to a concerned Lydia that he was only a health inspector and he'd given her his card and everything, except the card was just a scrap of paper with his digits on it.

I also love that Peter Hale is working through Beacon Hills' population of hot single moms. Obviously things didn't work out with Melissa back in Season 1, but is anybody else hoping he starts dating Lydia's mom now? That would be kind of amazing in my opinion. Sure, Lydia had mixed emotions about it considering Peter Hale had nearly mauled her to death and then tricked her into resurrecting him via moon voodoo with the help of a cute teen ghost Peter Hale, but still. This is the kind of romance that would heat a fire, trust me.

Then Mr. Argent arrived home to discover that somebody had broken in and stabbed an emitter stake into his desk! But nevermind, it was only Derek.

Derek was mad that somebody else had left the emitter stake in his loft, so he immediately assumed it had been Mr. Argent so this made an ass out of him and he. Then Mr. Argent noticed there was an unexpected briefcase in his cabinet:

Whoops! It was the money that Isaac had attempted to get from the Yakuza guy a few episodes back. Somebody had planted evidence in Argent's house and McCall had discovered that Silverfinger had been murdered, which meant that Mr. Argent and Derek had been framed for murdering a Yakuza. A classic Nogitsune prank. The Nogitsune had done it again!

Meanwhile at school everybody was enjoying a time-honored P.E. activity:

All the monsters were super fast at running and then some of them started finding their lovers and making out in the leaves. Danny was mouth attacked by Ethan, so good for them I guess. But Scott was more freaked out because he suspected that Stiles' evil alter ego had planted booby traps in the area.

And he had! Because then this happened:

WHOOPS. The coach got an arrow to the gut! 

It seemed like Stiles felt super bad about it, and of course Scott went and did his pain-sucking thing. 

That seemed to do the trick. Then coach was taken away by an ambulance and Sheriff Stilinski was reunited with his son. A happy ending! Just kidding, this was not even close to the end of the episode sorry to get your hopes up.

Then Lydia decided to finally go figure out what the deal was with her banshee powers. And it stood to reason that maybe the man who'd sorta created her would know the 411 on that stuff. 

But of course Peter Hale wouldn't help unless he got something out of it also, so the next thing we knew he was tossing a Yahtzee cup full of werewolf fingernails on the glasstop dinner table. Apparently his sister (Derek's mom) had erased an important memory from his head before she died and then the memory had been stored in the fingernails because werewolf fingernails are little flash drives basically, and he needed Lydia to tell him what was in that stolen memory.

But Lydia didn't really know how to do that so he started harassing her about whatever and Allison got out a cattle prod and threatened to shove it up his b*tt.

All the bickering was too much for Lydia to handle, so she hushed them both up by throwing the werewolf fingernails at a wall and then listening to their whispers.

And GUESS WHAT THEY SAID? Peter Hale's sister's werewolf fingernails said that he "wasn't just an uncle." Meaning...

HAHA YESSSSS. Malia the coyote girl who looks like Shelley Hennig is PETER HALE'S BIOLOGICAL DAUGHTER. Oh thank goodness. I was starting to feel like a real horse's patoot for proclaiming Malia was a new character only to see her disappear entirely. But it looks like she's coming back in a significant way? Phew! (I think?) But yeah, I'm very into this idea. Also that makes sense that she's a Hale and not just some other rando were-animal. What were the chances of THAT? Now I need to know who Peter Hale knocked up though. I'm sensing another flashback episode starring Young Peter Hale, which nobody would be mad about. But yes, I LOVED this reveal. Loved, loved, loved.

Anyway, then Aiden discovered some wrapping paper in Stiles' backpack which of course meant that he'd planted a gift-wrapped bomb on a school bus like Doug Jones had done that one time. That meant that the crazy-young deputy put on a shrapnel jacket and had to go pay a visit to that one student who kept vomiting on the school trip during Season 3A.

But it was all a red herring! 

Then it became clear why the Nogitsune had arranged for Derek and Argent to get arrested:

The sheriff's department exploded! But don't worry, Mr. Argent and Derek were fine except for a few pieces of shrapnel. Then Scott arrived and sucked the pain out of a dying sheriff and then Kira went back to the high school to see her parents all up in a classroom being shady.

Oh, so THAT's how Kira's mom conjured the Oni. By snapping some plastic swords that were hidden in a textbook. Now we know. But that meant that three more, even more powerful Oni were back on the warpath, which was inconvenient to our heroes in that they were trying to keep Stiles alive.

But to be honest these Oni seemed just as weirdly weak as the previous ones. They kept reminding me of Lord Zedd's putties from Power Rangers. Just punch their Z's! Anyway, then Kira picked up a pipe and REALLY went wild.

She beat up those ghost warriors so bad, but then one stabbed Scott CLEAN THROUGH.

Fortunately Kira bopped the dude with a pipe and then took Scott inside to try and yank out the ghost sword.

BUT WHOOPS! Stiles had only been PRETENDING to be Regular Stiles and was actually the evil, scheming, chaos-addicted Nogitsune the whole time! This whole episode he'd arranged for everyone to be in harm's way and now here he was, banging Kira's head against a table and then twisting a sword into Scott's tum-tum.

Oh and it turned out that even though the Nogitsune is an agent of chaos much like the Joker, he did crave ONE thing: All that black pain juice that Scott had been sucking out of people all day!

Dang, that's some dark stuff. Luckily Deaton had just gotten back from his red-eye flight from Tokyo and he snuck up and took care of business! (In this case "business" meant he stabbed a Japanese ghost-infected teen with a serum made from moss made from the blood of a slain Nogitsune. Business 101 basically.)

Nogitsune: Neutralized! Of course Scott was very upset to see Stiles lying prone on the floor, but Deaton assured him he was merely unconscious "for now." Personally I do not think that Stiles will be killed off of Teen Wolf so I'm not super concerned about that happening, but it seems the rest of the characters are VERY concerned that Stiles will die along with the Nogitsune. Fair enough! But there are still, what, like five episodes to go? So yeah, if Stiles WERE to die, then that's probably a season finale type thing. Just kidding, there is literally no chance Stiles will die, get real. 

Hey guess what? I really loved this episode. What's NOT to love? Stressful emotions, a villain's terrifying (lack of) motivations, newer characters coming into their own, old characters coming together in unexpected ways. Peter Hale's illegitimate daughter! The Yakuza's sick doggie. I mean come on, this was just a great episode of television. Zero complaints, very into it, if this episode had arms I would hug it long and hard because it's like Teen Wolf is all I have anymore? 

OKAY BYE NOW

(BYE.)

QUESTIONS

... Does the Nogitsune seem like a bit of a jerk to you?

... Are you upset about Isaac's coma?

... Are Kira's parents doing more harm than good?

... Should Peter Hale take Malia to a mall food court so they can bond?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/8/2016

Season 5 : Episode 20

550 Comments
Comments (550)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Wait can we talk about how F'd up it is that Agent McCall is talking to the Sheriff about the Yakuza when Stiles is MISSING. If Scott were missing, everyone in the Sheriff's dept would be looking for him!
Flag
Nice review Price, as always. :)

Then I scroll over to the comments... and so much info ideas here! Awesome work. Anyone know any useful/great/super tumblrs about teen wolf to follow?
Flag
... I'm thinking the season is shaping up to be "what does it mean to be an alpha?" Scott's responsibility to his pack is bigger than any one person, and just as the twins have to learn to sacrifice for the pack, Scott is also learning that lesson. I don't think Stiles will actually die either. I think the test will be to see if Scott is mentally and emotionally prepared to sacrifice Stiles for the good of others.
... I am and at the same time, it felt so forced. He electrocuted himself because....?
... I love her parents, but we don't know enough about her mom's powers, so I'm reserving judgement.
... NO! Peter Hale should stay far far away from that girl! He is so creepy and slimey, and no one should listen to him ever.
Flag
Loved this episode of Teen Wolf. This show seems to get better and better. It is a thriller no doubt.
1.) Yes, that Nogitsune is the jerkiest! If he wasn't in Stiles, I'd want Scott to chew him all up.
2.) Wow, I just thought Isaac was all hurt... Didn't know he was comatose.
:( Poor Isaac!
3:) Kira's mom knows that the Nogistune must be stopped at all costs. Too bad that cost is Stiles.
4:) Lastly, Peter can't take Mahlia to the food court because she will start chewing on the patrons.
Flag
Also it's been said that the one dying this season is Isaac because Allison is holding a -apparently dead- wolf on this second midseason trailer, which might be representing Isaac:

Flag
Somebody on Tumblr brought up the resemblance between Deucalion's demon face and Oni's face/mask, which has made me think what if the Oni that Young Papá Argent injured/broke its mask was Deucalion or somehow he managed to get this Oni's powers... because Onis are supposed to be demons and you know, Deucalion is the self-proclaimed demon wolf.

Photos and more info: http://teenwolfactualreactions.tumblr.com/post/76236324540/agentotter-archnemeton-archnemeton-im
Flag
Here's my theories based on season 3b teaser trailers and posts on Tumblr which actually makes sense.. This MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS.

I've posted two weeks ago about Allison holding a dead wolf in her arms on the season 3b promo. Some said it looks like a fox to them, or a coyote. But it wouldnt make sense since she's not really close to Malia the coyote and Kira the fox. So my bet's still on Isaac the wolf... But we never really got to see if that wolf (Allison was holding) is dead or just in a coma just like Isaac in this episode. (Personally, i'd like Isaac to just stay in a coma for awhile so that we can be assured of his safety and return for season 4.)

Some people on Tumblr speculates that Deputy Parrish is Isaac's brother, Camden Lahey. They even took a pic of the young Camden Lahey (pic of him on a yearbook) which was shown in season 2. They actually have the same facial features. Same age, both joined the army... (anyway if you want to know more just search for it on Tumblr..). If he is indeed Camden it would be interesting to see him reunited with Isaac on season 4....
More+
Flag
Why would he come to town with a new last name and not seek his brother out?
Flag
Can't believe they signed young Clark Kent for season 4! Someone actually the real age as their character
Flag
I can't be the only person who noticed the symbol in Yakuza house's walls:

It's the same symbol that Derek has as a tattoo on her back, any thoughts? :B
Flag
It's a triskele, it means alpha beta omega, present past future, ect..
Flag
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsudomoe

It's a similar symbol. Found this in Wikipedia.

It is a common design element in Japanese family emblems (家紋 kamon?) andcorporatelogos, particularly in triplicate whorls known as mitsudomoe(三つ巴?). Some view the mitsudomoe as representative of the threefold division (Man, Earth, and Sky) at the heart of the Shinto religion. Originally, it was associated with the Shinto war deityHachiman, and through that was adopted by the samurai as their traditional symbol. One mitsudomoe variant, the Hidari Gomon, is the traditional symbol of Okinawa. The KoyasanShingon sect of Buddhism uses the Hidari Gomon

Flag
Wow, thank you both for the info. I'd already heard about the triskele but the Mitsudomoe was new for me! I knew that Derek's tatto is a celtil symbol so I thought that maybe Yakuza's symbol was the Japanese version of that one or something like that. What do you think they both mean on/for TW? Do you think they have a relevant meaning to its plot/the Hales?
Flag
A few thoughts about the episode:

I really liked this episode. Obviously the intensity of Riddle made the episode look weak. But in overall an amazing episode. Too many twist and turns and have me glue to my seat.

I like the way they connect and recall previous seasons. For example, when the asian guy mentioned the Kanima. Letting us know that Deaton poisoned him with the Kanima venom, a powerful paralizing.

Loved when the Coach made that the students write a message to Isaac. Showing that the coach really care about those teens. Like he said in the episode 2x11 or 2x12 (I don’t remember very well). It’s something simple, but with great meaning. It's great that Allison, Scott and Scott's mom all take cared of Isaac. Showing to Isaac that he is really not alone. I find really touching, like Price said, that Allison was there waiting in the room even when she was not allowed to see him. Really like how TW portraits the importance of friendship and shows how important is to be there for your friends.

Really loving Kira. When her eyes turned amber she looks so powerful. I really hope that TW shows new powers and great abilities in Kira. After all, she is a kitsune and came from a powerful bloodline.

I'm really impressed of how TW is managing the banshee lore for now. We know that season 4 will be about this theme. TW said that the real power of the banshee is the hearing and the scream is a result of that hearing. I understand this in that way. Lydia ability is really great because she can hear things in past, present and future time. I think that a seer only can see in a future time (I could be wrong). But Lydia in some way is crossing between worlds (like other people theories saying she can cross the underworld) or accessing to other worlds (speaking of supernatural) or dimensions (speaking in time). In Motel California she heard the voices of the people that killed themselves like that this moment was happening at this time (she heard this like present time). In Riddle she heard the MRI machine in the school hallways previous hours at the event (future).

I know that many people argued the similarity between the names: Malia Tate and Talia Hale. But I think that no one saw this revelation coming. I was very very surprise. Happy that there is another Hale around, because this family was almost erradicated and now that Cora is gone is good.

I think that the final scene with Scott and Stiles was intense. When Evil Stiles passed his fingers through the sword that really made me feel chills. Was a very little tiny scene, but so powerful. Was like this was other person, like a totally maniac person. Kudos to Dylan O'brien for his amazing acting. I really hope that Dylan has luck with The Maze Runner and that this movie do well in the box office. I know that The Maze Runner trilogy is small in matter of fans compare to The Hunger Games or Divergent. And with all the flops like The Host, Beautiful Creatures, The Mortal Instruments and now Vampire Academy make me feel concern. Really hope that The Maze Runner does great and Dylan start a movie career.

This season is doing great in ratings, the best ratings so far. When you see TW videos or read recaps and go to the comments many people are saying that they will start to see TW. Great that this amazing season is adding new fans. But at the same time I was wondering "will TW be able to surpass (in season 4) this season". Let's hope yes. Because this season (for now) is the best.

I'm finding myself with anxiety to see the next episode. Like I can't wait. This only happened to me years ago with 24. Wow TW what are you doing to me.

To finish, may contain spoilers******************************************************
In the next episode Stiles is in the asylum, but I think that this is EvilStiles plan. EvilStiles want Stiles to be in the asylum, where best place to feed with pain and suffering like and an asylum. This will make the Nogitsune more powerful.

And the question Who is Stiles kissing? In the promo for season 3B is obvious that it's Lydia (I think), but in the promo for the next episode seems to be Malia. I think like many people said that maybe Stiles is kissing Malia but thinks or hallucinates that is Lydia.
More+
Flag
As far as when Stiles was infected debate I'm thinking it has always been in him, like it is genetic, his mom had it and now he has it. The brain thing is probably what triggered its release, and the door thing with the Norn tree. Which is why I think it would be awesome if the brain thing was really a thing and not just a side effect of the possession but something that makes people prone / easy targets for possession. That way to cure it Stiles would have to become a werewolf. I do like that he is the human core of the show, but I also don't like that he is physically vulnerable. But yah I'm thinking it would be like the angels on Supernatural, they can really only go into their vessels not just any random Joe, which is why it didn't pick someone strong like Derek thought it should have.

Flag
Well, to be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about the possibility of Stiles becoming a werewolf... you're right about the psysically weakness thing, but I like the human part on supernatural shows. Allison is also human, but she has the hunter thing too, so I see her more like a kind of supernatural person too, at least she's plenty involved on this supernatural world. But Stiles has much more human in him than Allison (his familly had nothing to do with supernatural stuff, for instance) and I would like him to remain this way, but if the truth be told, who isn't supernatural at this point on this show?
Flag
Oh and I totally expected that cute young cop that we've been seeing a lot of lately to die, super glad he didn't. Very cute and funny, I like him, fingers crossed he doesn't die for a little while. I almost had a heart attack when coach got hurt, I could't handle losing him, especially after we already lost that asshole, yet funny science teacher guy.

Flag
I knew I liked Coach but I didn't know how much until this episode when I was worried for him
Flag
I loved how he was like.. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WILL SIGN THE CARD lol
Flag
So much to say about this awesome episode, I didn't think it was possible but this show just keeps getting better.
Firstly, OF COURSE Isaac got hurt in the first 5mins. cause it wouldn’t be a Teen Wolf episode until that happened, poor sweet Isaac. Let me just say that first seen when Chris Argent walked off that elevator like a sexy boss and then Derek was there and they started talking and working together, damn that was hot, I’ve missed those two. And how cute was it that Derek saved Chris, I always thought those two would make great and adorable friends. Plus PETER is back, this was just awesome, it just feels like I haven’t seen enough of those three lately, I can't wait for the episode for Chris and Peter to interact.
And I love how Stiles is the crazy one now not Lydia, I guess they can take turns.
But one big element of this episode that I was like YES!!! and WHAT???? at the same time, MALIA!!!!! I’m excited they are gonna have Malia in it again, I love Shelly Hennig, though I wouldn’t think she was Peter's daughter, I would have thought that he was the wolf that attacked the car and bit her 8 years ago, cause 16 years ago Peter would have been way too young to father children, unless they are getting crazy with the really slow aging thing for wolves, which in that case I really wanna know how old Derek is supposed to be.
Final side note, I love the whole chaos thing, that the villain is actually a villain. I do like complexity in my characters cause not everyone is solely good or bad, which is why I didn't mind when Klaus on TVD became more sympathetic after we got to see how damaged he was. But this I like because it isn't really human it is this force and a force can be all or nothing, so it can be scary and dark without a silver lining and that means our heroes really have to fight, they can't bank on turning a character around or making them see reason. I love it, and I agree with Price it is the best villain yet.
Now for everything else.
More+
Flag

I have to said that this moment give me chills.

----------------__------------------------------
someone posted this in Tumblr.

Flag
I actually paused this scene and rewound it because it was so fascinating....
Flag
I did too!!
Flag
silverdreaming posted this interesting info:

I’m probably pushing this a bit but anyway. So we know that here the nogitsune was in control of Stiles, right?

Thinking about this theory, which states that Allison is a second nogitsune (and somehow the most important/powerful one while Stiles is just kind of a distraction), I noticed that Stiles looks way too surprised in this scene.
So he is not “playing” scared as everyone else is, just surprised. If Stiles’ nogitsune were to hurt someone I believe he would have gone for a trap or something like that (he did that to himself in his dream? It would have made more sense anwyay what does Stiles know about arrows?). That’s why he was looking for that chain or something on the ground. He wasn’t expecting an arrow.

Who’s associated with arrows? Yeah. Allison.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will add that the frecuency emitter is part of the Argent hunting stuff.
Flag
I read that theory on tumblr and I'm so into it. Allison is a second nogitsune for sure and I thought (and I hope) that she was the on dying until I saw this:

https://24.media.tumblr.com/6e9e7e7c82158a50cf0d99e39b554a84/tumblr_n1c25zSHSG1sqh5lpo1_400.jpg

It's a screenshot call to TW's cast that will appear on 4x01 and Allison is in it, so... I'm guessing she's not dying :/ It could also mean that she'll be on 4x01 on some sort of flashback or just on an scene, but I don't know. Who don't appear on that call are Stiles and Derek and that makes me think too, but I suppose that call is just one part of a bunch of different calls.

P.s. Photo's credit belongs to whom picked it and posted on the internet, I saw it on tumblr.
Flag
Any idea what those statuses mean? I'm totally clueless. And I hope this is just one of many different calls because if Stiles dies, I don't think I could keep watching this show. I like Derek too but not nearly as much as Stiles.
Flag
All the info. Is very confusing. I decided to no pay attention and enjoy the show. The last week I was very upset thinking that Allison probably is going to die. To many speculations.
And now this tweet.

---------------May contain spoilers-------------------------------------

In Season 3B promo Allison was a wolf in her lap. Teen Wolf start shooting yesterday. I hope Isaac stay out for an episode or two and not that he is the person that will die.
Flag
Agree! Isaac has become one of my favorites. And yes, I was confused as well.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Hmmmm.....Good theory
Flag
Credit to: ourpresidents.tumblr
For post this interesting info. On Tumblr:

Today is the Day of Remembrance for Japanese Americans Interned During WWII

On February 19, 1942, President Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066 granting the War Department broad powers to create military exclusion areas. Although the order did not identify any particular group, in practice it was used almost exclusively to intern Americans of Japanese descent.
Although there were no reliable reports that Japanese-Americans on the United States West Coast presented a subversive threat, on March 2, 1942 the military declared California, Oregon and Washington State strategic areas from which Americans of Japanese decent were to be excluded.
More than 110,000 Japanese-Americans (64% of whom were American-born citizens) were required to abandon their homes and jobs and to live in 10 relocation camps.

The United States Supreme Court finally ruled that continued detention without cause was unconstitutional, and the military relocation order was rescinded in December 1944.

Japanese Americans near trains during Relocation. Circa 1942.

Baggage check during Japanese Relocation. Circa 1942.

Exclusion order posted at First and Front Streets in San Francisco directing removal of persons of Japanese ancestry from the first section of the city to be affected by evacuation. Evacuees will be housed in War Relocation Authority centers for the duration., ca. 07/1942.

Photograph of Dust Storm at Manzanar War Relocation Authority Center, 07/03/1942.
-from the FDR Library
More+
Flag

TW began filming this week.
Flag

Someone posted this on Tumblr. Great observation.

Jeff you are trolling us.
Flag

This guy mentioned the Kanima in this scene, Dr. Deaton paralyzed him with the Kanima venom. Great recall to season 2.
Flag
I just love the whole Japanese mythology going on here. I just hope with the introduction of Japanese things won't turn out like Heroes (where everyone suddenly speaks.. well.. "Japanese")
Flag

Flag
The surprise MVP of this episode for me was Deputy Parrish. I mean, good lord, those eyes! The way he took charge during the bomb scene and distracted Jared with the "handsome? Thank you..." diversion was awesome.
Flag
Don't trust that deputy guy as far as I can throw him!
Flag
Agreed! I hope DGE (Deputy Green Eyes) lives a long, beautiful life in Beacon Hills.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0445987
Flag
I am simply impressed by how many Asian people have been on this show. Makes me notice the lack of such characters on other shows...
Flag
And the main character (and his Mom) are Hispanic.
Flag
Yah I like the mix up of the races, yes a lot of the main cast is white, but not blonde blue eyed types.
Flag
As someone who is half-Asian, I agree!
Flag
I would like to throw something else out there. I am having a a hard time deciding when nogitsune got inside of Stiles. It has been suggested the electrical shock awakened it in Stiles. However I've thought that maybe it was inside of the murderer then when he was shocked it jumped to stiles. But that can't really be right because Stile wrote Kira's name on the board before the events at the power plant.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
WildPict is right it got into stiles when the three of them did the suiside thing and their "doors" where left open to corruption and in turn supernatural creatures.
Flag
I think it started affecting him after the whole suicide thing all 3 of our heroes did in 3A.
Flag
Does the Nogitsune seem like a bit of a jerk to you? Definitely!

Are you upset about Isaac's coma? Yes, he's too sweet to be that damaged.

Are Kira's parents doing more harm than good? I'm not sure, but they definitely need to bring Scott & Kira in the loop. Otherwise

Scott & Co will spend more time defeating the Oni and less time un-possessing Stiles.

Should Peter Hale take Malia to a mall food court so they can bond? Only if Peter does a complete psychological 180 and becomes a good guy...not freakin' likely. But I'll go shopping with him. ;)
Flag
I was wondering myself if having his own daughter, an actual piece of himself, would bring out some type of warmth inside of Peter. Even though Derek is his nephew, Peter's clearly own out for his own interests. I wonder if Malia can change him or if it's too late for anyone to save his wicked ass :P
Flag
on another note, did anyone else laugh at peter's cartoon villain entrance? he's become so classy XD first the "I've always been the alpha" at the end of 3a and now he's standing in front of a floor to ceiling window with his back to the entrance (he probably went into position while the two had their "this is crazy" discussion in front of the door) just to turn around slowly and welcoming his guests in a very ominous way !! so classy !!
Flag
And that's exactly why we love Peter so much! :D
Flag
Can we agree to call it nogitstiles. Why was no one shirtless this episode. Poor writing
Flag
1) LOL at the Nogitsune being a jerk and Peter/Malia food-court questions.

2) I was EXTREMELY annoyed by how equally destructible they made the supposedly "stronger" Oni this time around. It really undermined the authority and wisdom of Kira's mom, who's supposed to know wth she's doing by now.

I mean, I know the new Oni didn't get a chance to actually go up against the Nogitsune in this episode, but the way just Scott and Kira easily handled them was bit of a letdown. I personally find the Oni intriguing creatures-- they are amoral but not evil--they serve the purpose of the ultimate good for nature's sake. Hopefully, we will get some fiercer Oni moments before 3B's end.
Flag
The new Oni may be stronger, but they're still going to fail when they go up against another Kitsune. They're each born out of a firefox tail. Kira's got nine. Or maybe it's as simple as you don't beat up your creator's own daughter.
Flag
Yeah, the "MUCH STRONGER" oni were an epic fail :(. Otherwise, I enjoyed the episode.
Flag
I figured it was because Kira did most of the ass kicking and I'm pretty sure she is supposed to be a super badass, her mom probably didn't take into account that her own super weapon of a daughter would undermine her plans
Flag
I hope Stiles stays alive but I really don't want him becoming a werewolf either. I like him human. He is more badass than the rest of those wolves combined. I just want him to stay human
Flag
I feel the same. They better not kill Stiles off the show! And at the same time, I don't like the idea of him getting turned into a wolf. He's become such an integral part of the show just the way he is. If he were to become a wolf, it would change too many things.
Flag
Scott, stiles, Lydia, Danny or Peter won't die.
Flag
I wouldn't mind if Peter died :P (And stayed dead this time) lol
Flag
So that leaves Derek and Allison. I think it's Allison since Hoechlin has been somewhat confirmed for S4 but Reed hasn't.
Flag
Loved the first scene - such a great homage (a la Community) to all the crazy psychos of movie history... Deaton is really badass...
Unlike Lydia's mum picking up some suspicious looking dude in a far too tight tee at her daughter's school? Major Lockwood is looking for trouble again... Also and more importantly why is Lydia's mum wearing this week the same clothes Lydia was wearing last week?

Flag
Haha. Good observation.
Flag
Honestly, Peter with Lydia's mom would be kinda weird considering his younger self hit on and kissed her daughter, not to mention bit and almost killed her.
Flag
I've decided that Deaton is the Yoda of this show and I love him. When I first heard about Teen Wolf being made into a tv show, I was extremely skeptical, but this is one of my must watch tv shows.
Flag
Agree! I look forward to each episode.
Flag
Deaton, the super spy...yayyyy! That had to be the coolest opening I've seen on Teen Wolf yet! First, Deaton's in Japan, being chatted up by the Yakuza as THE best vet for the leader's wolf? I would've loved to see how he set that plan in motion! Then he nonchalantly shmoozes his way into a garden that probably hasn't been opened in decades, incapacitates the head guy, takes his moss and waltzes out?! i would loved to see this guy operate in his younger and wilder days...and we just know he's had some much wilder days.

What I'm still trying to figure out is if Scott's comment that he was "working on something" to get the nogitsune out of Stiles meant that he knew what Deaton was doing in Japan. I mean that's the only thing that makes sense, since they didn't show him doing anything else in particular besides looking for Stiles.

And Kira, boy does that girl have some moves! But I am very skeptical that only her mother noticed her handle that killer live wire like it was nothing more than so much string. That was stretching the "oblivious crowd concept" past the breaking point. And poor Isaac, he just cannot catch a break! I'm very concerned that he hasn't started healing yet, but then it took Peter a long time to heal burns too. This might be an inherent weakness for werewolves with respect to burns and electricity.

Now I must be the 2nd most trusting person (after Scott) in the world, because I only started getting suspicious that Stiles was playing everybody right at the end, when they were trying to get away from the Oni. He kept trying to get Kira to follow him in inside instead of helping Scott, and that's just so out of character that I finally figured it out.

I loved how Scott protected Stiles from the twins, that so reminded me of when he protected Lydia and Jackson from Derek S2. And I also loved how one minute Derek is saying he won't protect Argent, and the next minute he saves his life. Talk about a priceless moment...Derek standing in front of the destroyed hallway with shattered glass sticking into his back, and Chris Argent standing next to him almost untouched. I think they make a great team.

Peter is baaaaccckk...and a daddy!!!!! Lydia and Allison make a scary team! Allison tazing Peter was to protect Lydia was crazy and perfect at the same time. Though I hated seeing Peter hurt, he really should've known better than to try to mess with those two. I do wish that Lydia had told him who his kid is, but I'm sure he'll figure it out soon.

I think this show is messing with my head almost as much as the nogitsune is messing with Stiles.
More+
Flag
I loved the photo Allison found of Peter, presumably off the internet. I like to imagine that's his profile picture on Facebook or a dating website where he tries to pick up single mums with that pout and low v-neck top. Also I'm super glad that Shelly Hennig will be back more regularly!
Flag
Thought that was the best part of the episode! Looks like he got some headshots done! Like did they take that right off Ian Bohens's IMDB page? I had to laugh at that one too!
Flag
Random weird thought. Even if Stiles gets un-nogitsune-d successfully he'll still need the Bite to not die of dementia (assuming that the two aren't connected by some convoluted backstory involving his mother). Since I can't imagine Stiles would turn out normal, especially after hosting a void kitsune and getting jumped up on foxfire). I've been wondering exactly what he'll become. Since this season's all about the Japanese mythology maybe magic fox lightning + werewolf will result in Raiju, that thunderwolf thing. The tenth episode in 3b is "De-Void" which suggests that Stiles getting free of the possession is the thing that catalyzes the final insanity (again, assuming it's not a misdirect because episode 11 is "Insatiable" so the nogitsune will not be done with them).

Alternatively, maybe Kira's mother will sacrifice her last two tails in some way that saves Stiles from the brain disorder as well as the nogitsune.
Flag
I had assumed (or just hoped???) that once Stiles isn't possessed anymore that his brain will return to normal.
Flag
Stiles wil become Pikachu.
Flag
It makes sense that the two are connected. As the nogitsune controls Stiles more and more, it's likely that his own brain would show signs of atrophy. How this relates to his mother, I don't know.
Flag
I think it's going to turn out that being possessed just looks like dementia if you put a possessed person in an MRI, but I'm not really sure.
Flag
I hope so!!!
Flag
I think Stiles will stay human, and the brain disorder will be cured together with getting rid of the nogitsune.
Flag
That is what I keep hoping...
Flag
Peter Hale is evil and everything but his hair and stubble and tight shirts are so perfect right now...
Flag
drool amirite?
Flag
I have one complaint - I think the flashbacks showing the Nogitsune was in charge all along were unnecessary and even harming. I've read many times in reviews here how people like the fact that the show doesn't state things explicitly or makes things easy on the viewer; perhaps there was some reason for showing this, but I didn't see any added value to it.
Except for that, this episode was AWSOME.
Flag
Also, I like the idea of not completely knowing, even retrospectively, when Stiles is Stiles and when Stiles is the nogitsune. One of the reasons he's so successful duping Scott is that none of the actions that day were uncharacteristic of Stiles, just the motivation. In other words, I would like the nogitsune to have fooled Stiles as well, tricked him into doing exactly what he would do as Stiles only to turn his good impulses on their head.
Flag
I actually thought the flashbacks were good because it made you re-see the scenes in a different way. I think leaving out the flashbacks would have been worse to be honest. But there isn't much that I dislike about this show at the moment!
Flag
I didn't really need to see them in a different way, as soon as Scott eased coach's pain, I figured that's what the Nogitsune wanted (I thought it was to weaken Scott) and that he was in charge.
Flag
Isaac not again!!! he literally can't go one episode without being hurt.and does anyone else love the frenemies thing going between Derek and Chris Argent???
Flag
I actually really do like their relationship. They should become good friends I reckon. But I have a feeling Chris Argent won't last too much longer so I'm not sure that would ever happen.
Flag
If it isn't one already, I feel like Derek/Chris is definitely a shippable pairing from now on.
Flag
Well, it would be juicy. Dating a man after dating his (now dead) sister is bold.
Flag

There aren't much shows around that have the Teen Wolf effect on me. Sometimes it feels like a had a heart attack while watching an episode. Are there any videos of people watching TW circling around? I, for once, surely make funny faces and scream at my computer screen. I'm always glad nobody's watching me while I enjoy TW. ^^

This episode surely had a heart attack pace and for once, it focused on the adult population of Beacon Hills which was very nice. It's so refreshing, that TW doesn't depict every grown person as an inapt imbecile (although, I don't might that in case of agent McCall).

I'm thinking a lot about the kitsune. I'm not really acquainted with their mythology, but I've been reading about them. I wish, we would get a bit more background on Kira's parents.

What kind of kind of a kitsune is her mother? A Celestial one (kitsunes are tied to elements like wind, earth or river)? They are generally noble and protective to some degree, and are usually stalwart guardians and they can call upon creatures of magic (the Oni?).

Kira is most likely a Fire kitsune if you count electricity as fire (they can feed from flames).

And I've read, that kitsune are mostly peaceful. They do not fight to the death, nor do they wage war upon each other or the other elemental clans (which might be the reason Kira's mom is so reluctant in her pursuit of the nogitsune).

I'm concerned about Stiles' health, since his possession has become clear. It is taking a toll on his body. A possession can drive a person insane but as the nogitsune likes to feed on drama around him, I think, that Stiles might not even be sick and that the fox spirit did manipulate the scanned images. The sorrow of the parents watching must have been a real treat for the nogitsune.

I was really glad, that Deaton was one of the main players in the last episode, because he might just be the man to do something against Stiles' possession.

This is because of another fact, that I have read about kitsune: Those of certain faiths who actually possess faith (read: Clerics, Priests, Monks, Healers) do not see kitsune illusion. In fact, if they touch an illusion made by a kitsune, the illusion will dissolve. The destruction of a kitsune's illusions by faith is a traumatic event to a kitsune, as their concept of reality gets destroyed.

Continuing on this vein, members who have faith can also remove the connection a kitsune has with someone who has been fed from, preventing the kitsune from being able to drain them again. They can also ward themselved from a kitsune's innate abilities, or protect someone from said abilities.

As Deaton is a Druid and a vet, I think he falls into the category of people who could end a kitsune possession. I really hope that this is the case, because none of us wants poor Stiles to get sacrificed in the process of getting rid of the nogitsune.

As for Price's questions…

Not exactly a jerk, more of a sociopath. As kitsunes go, it is said, that they're totally amoral, but they tend to be good. This nogitsune doesn't seem to have any inclination to do anything good, not even for itself other than wrecking havoc in order to get more powerful. There must be a plan behind all this power gathering, I guess. You don't do that kind of stuff just for fun, do you?

Not really. Why he stepped into the puddle and got himself electrocuted is above me. That was kind of stupid even if he wanted to help.

Don't know yet. Kira's mom got rid of the nogitsune the last time around, so I think, she must know, what she's doing. At least, the Oni identified that the pack is not possessed, that's very helpful.

You're kidding. I think, the kid will freak out if she ever finds out, that Peter is her dad. He's not exactly a father figure. But she might need his assistance with her transforming skills.

More+
Flag
Peter Hale is officially a DILF.
Flag
OMG yes! I think I'm in love!
Flag
sad people..
Flag
I disagree with prevalent opinion that this episode sucked. It was nice, had a great pace and a reference to a Hurt locker. Or at least st. james was on my mind when that guy stepped on the bus. I like the fact Nogitsune is trying to say FU to both werewolves and their hunters (Derek and Mr. Argent). I also don't think Isaac stepped into the water but the water came to him and it was unfortunately badly shooted. Just as it was badly shooted that thing with Kira. It seemed like a long time since the eyes were glowing but in fact it was supposed to be slow-mo and only those who were looking for it particularily would notice it (Her mother because she was fearing it and Scott). Malia's arc is a huge stretch but I am willing to overlook it because I want Pizzana in this show. Pizzana. Had to say it.
Flag
This episode was very entertainment and the reveal of Peter being a father was mind blowing for me. Never Never expect that. In overall an amazing episode.
But in comparison with Riddled this episode pales. For me Riddled along with The Girl who knew too much are the best of the series.
The hype from Riddled was too high, I think that is the reason for many people feel this way. But I have to say that the reviews I read all say the same that said Price that the episode was awesome.
Flag
I don't think people think the episode sucks as much as they think that they expected more. It was good, but not ZOMG AMAZINGLY GREAT.
Flag
I don't think anyone thinks the episode sucked. I do think the last episode was so good, that it was hard to follow. The last episode to me was a A+, this one probably a B+. Sort of a reset to finish the season. Also, I'm surprised the horrible after show hasn't had a mid-season special. Does anyone know when season 4 starts? I want to see what all Derek's mom said. The shooting of Isaac and the water I think was difficult. It looked like he pushed allison out of the way as he was stepping into an area where the water came.

Q1: Shouldn't the nogitsune be a jerk.
Q2: Only upset if he doesn't come out of it. Jeff Davis does everything for a reason? i wonder.
Q3: Yes, they are making it worse. Ever heard the saying that the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Come on Kira is beating up Oni that mom is sacrificing tails for.
Q4: Who cares. I want to know who her mother is. And why she turned into a Coyote
Flag
This just popped in my mind. If one should stick to some other shows' mythology, Malia and Scott would be kind of like brother and sister?

Flag
I don't think so. ^^ Malia is Derek's cousin. As his sister is away in South America, Malia might have been introduced to replace Mary, Queen of Scotts.
Flag
First I need to say that I don't understand why the first Onis could teleport and pass through anything while these ones cannot, and they had to be stronger...
I'm loving Lydia's journey through her powers so much!!

QUESTIONS
He's amazing, but I still don't think he doesn't have a motivation. We just don't know yet and that is truly interesting.

Not at all, I can't stand the treatment his character's getting.

I don't know, but it's interesting that a Kitsune has to sacrifice tails to conjure Onis. Kira's mother is going to die right?

That was an interesting twist. Does this mean that she's part wolf? Is she the She-Wolf they were talking about in the first episodes?
Flag
Great points.

They better not drop the She-Wolf storyline. That was too juicy a tease.
Flag
Could someone do a check and see if this is the first episode where everyone got screentime? Like, EVERYONE? Scott, Stiles, Lydia, Alison, Derek, Peter, Issac, the twins, Danny, Coach, Chris Argent, Scott's mum, Scott's dad, Stiles' dad, Lydia's mum, Deaton, Kira and her parents. Did I miss anyone? Greenberg even got a mention.
Flag
Yeah, I thought the same. I was saying "Wow, Jeff how you can do that". Give screentime to literally all the characters. Even If Lydia's mom time was minimal. Great work.
Flag
Well, since you counted Lydia's mom then it's probably the first one. She's been in what? 10 mintues the entire show so far?
Flag
Right?! We need to see more of Lydia's mom. A lot more, if you know what I mean.
Flag
A few things from a new poster. There may be SPOILER INFO below.

First, I thought this was a great episode not quite like the last but I felt it was something of a transition episode.

Secondly, sort of on Isaac's coma. I'm not expecting him to die. The writers seem to have taken some time building him up and also, I think there is supposed to be a major character death at the end of the season. Killing off 2 of Scott's pack probably would not be a good thing.

Finally, just to get your opinions. In reference to my second comment. There is a youtube video of Jeff Davis saying that we will lose someone this season, and that they would need to reshoot the opening credits. Unless, I'm totally blind, there are 5 characters in the opening credits: Scott, Stiles, Lydia, Allison, and Derek. If it is one of these charaters, which one? I think Derek has used up most of his story arc, he is something of a background character now. Did he foreshadow his death, when he asked the twins if they would die for Scott. (Lots of people thought he might be foreshadowing, at least one twins death). Also, it seems popular in action/scifi type series to kill of the stars mentor.
More+
Flag
NO I will be devastated I don't think they can do that to the Sterek fans. Please let it be Allison, I never liked her in the first two seasons, the show has only gotten better the less she is in it or at least the less she is the main focus. She is the only one I would sacrifice. Well... being honest if I had to I would get over Lydia's death, but I would be pissed for a while, she has way to much plot left with the banshee thing. But regardless absolutely NOT Derek. I thought they were testing the audience when they had him leave at the end of season 3A and I figured there was enough out cry to freeze that ridiculous notion in its tracks. Now you have me worried especially with his whole oh the town need Scott to defend it and how it's the Hale family job, I could see him being willing to sacrifice himself but I don't think the audience would let him go that easily.
Flag
First off, thank you for posting a spoiler alert
I'm so tired of people who don't bother doing that.

Second, if I recall, he said those 2 things separated.
That one person will die and that they will change the credits.
The later might be due to an addition, not a subtraction.

It's possible when the show comes back to season 4, that plenty of people could get an upgrade: Scot's mom, Stile's dad, Allison's dad, Issac, Deaton and Peter for start, heck even Danny is a possibility.
That doesn't include newer additions like Kira or Malia.

As for the person dying, if I recall, he said it would be someone that was from day 1.
That means less likely : Scott, Allison, Stiles, Lydia
More likely: Deaton, Derek,Mr.Argent, Scot's mom
Most likely: Sheriff, Peter

Well, at least Peter was most likely in my opinion, but now that we know he has a kid... things really changed in that regard. I thought he'll be the big bad due to season 3a finale, but they don't really seem to go anywhere with it, it might be saved for season 4.

If that is the case, I'm slightly pondering towards the Sheriff. Since we now have a face for a deputy and Scott's dad in town, it's possible they are setting him up for an easy exit.

Though I really hope not.
More +
Flag
I was thinking just the same ;)
Flag
If the death is going to be one of those five, then – yeah – I think Derek is a likely candidate. However, Davis could also be meeting to reshoot the opening credits for at Least 1 non-death related reason: In the opening credits, they still show Scott kissing Alison when they show Crystal Reed's name – and if Scott and Allison are truly done as a couple, then that needs to be updated. :D One can hope, anyway, eh?
Flag
Exactly my thinking. My money is on Allison bc:
1) the foreshadowing comment made by Silverfinger that "the Nogitsune must be destroyed, even if it was your own daughter."
2) if they have to reshoot opening credits, then it would def the only shot in the credits that involves two characters interacting i.e. Allison and Scott kissing. Scott ain't dying. He's the freakin titular character.
Flag
I like that kind of thinking. I don't want to lose Derek. Not even Peter!
I really hope that we do not lose any of them. I'm still traumatized from the turn out in Person of Interest. >.<
Flag
Yeah, I'm with you. I love all the characters and I don't want to lose any of them (especially Allison). I think that I don't love all the characters in any other show, only in TW I feel this way. I don't want anyone to die not even Greenberg. :) (he gave a beautiful mug to the coach).
Flag
Traumatized? Come on! If you're really traumatized by tv shows, then imagine what real life will do to you!

I think Derek is the one dying, Stiles is too popular, so unless the actor leaves (like Colton Haynes), he's not going anywhere. Derek is less important now that he was in the first two seasons, but who knows, we'll see.
Flag
That is a definite possibility. But the way it was said, he linked it to a death. There definitely could be a red herring there, since he is usually so tight lipped about things that are going on.
Flag
Q1 - Yes and it is awesome, I think the nogitsune is my favourite bad guy as of yet on the show! Perhaps because it's so damn conniving and impossible to contain.

Q2 - Eh it was bound to happen, he was like the only Beta of Dereks that hasn't been greviously injured in some fashion, but I'm confident he makes it through the season because of this coma.

Q3 - Are they? I dunno, it's hard to say, obviously they are on the side of the greater good. Them acting disharmoniously with the other agents could be doing more harm than good. I look forward to finding out what connection the nogitsune and kira's mom has, was she ever named?

Q4 - wow so I'm not sure they should ever meet? Or Malia should never know she had a whole family that got burned to death but they knew about her, and she had a cousin that was just meh about a werecoyote running around...
Flag
Words cannot describe how into this show I am right now. It felt like the episode just flew by and I didn't expect it to end when it did. That's how you know you're watching something really great. I can't wait for the next episode! I was thinking it could have been the Nogitsune the whole episode. It just didn't seem like Stiles. He was to calm and collected, and we all know Stiles freak out quite a bit, haha.

Seeing Stiles enjoy Scott's pain at the end was so bizarre. You normally look at them as best friends who would never hurt each other and then that happened. And my god, Dylan O'Brien is an amazing actor! I hope he doesn't realise how awesome he is, or he might leave the show! Haha.
Flag

1) Once again I have to disagree about the nature of horror with you.
A killer going after specific victims is less scary?
Really? Cause I'm pretty sure that Freddie Krueger is one of the most iconic horror characters of all times and he was really specific about what he was doing. It was pure revenge: Going after the kids of the parents who killed him. And in fact it was his later sequels that made him less scary when he removed his targeting list from the equation. Now it was "oh, I'll just go kill anyone I bloody well feel like it"
(Being the exact opposite of your halloween example)

More so, villains that are completely random (like Jaws) are far less frightning than the killers who go after an aware prey (I know what you did last summer, the ring, etc). Watching the victim trying to survive is what brings the true horror. Will he\she make it?

Plus didn't the on screen dialogue flat out said the Nogitsune will go after people who offended him? It seems your entire perception of it is rather skewed. It wasn't random. He was going after specific people. People working with his dad (last season when the deputy got killed Stiles took it really bad), the coach etc.

2) As for best villains, I still prefer Jennifer by miles better than evil Stiles. Part of the reason why she worked so well is because she could have gone after anyone where Stiles is clearly focused on the main characaters. This is also why she worked far better than DEMON WOLF. Because we knew she had a plan but we had no idea what that plan was. It was when she started going after the alpha pack that she became less scary (but still awsome)

3) What to not like in this episode?

Supposed stronger Oni even though they were ripped apart even more easily.

Kira's mom sending more Oni after we know they aren't goint to work at all and that she already has another card up her sleeve (still betting its Lydia) and she doesn't bother doing anything about it.

Lydia trying to to learn about her powers but learning... what exactly? It seems that plot line was more about Peter than Lydia. (though that plot twist was still amazing)

The hospital scene... Police station blowing up... Sorry, but its about time that shows like this *stop* doing these type of things. The body count in this town is insane and people are going to forget about it by next week. It's stupid.
Jennifer killed 9 people over several months, a single serial killer (that was never caught by the way) is one thing, but having a second bomb threat in a highschool for almost what? two weeks in a row? What parent is going to send their kid to such a place?!?
At least in Buffy they tried to give an excuse that there's something mystical in town that prevents people from connecting the dots (and oddly enough make the entire town vacant in the last season for no given reason), but what's Teen Wolf's excuse?

3) Does this show have problem with young female actors around Derek?
First Erika goes, then Cora prefers to have her head chopped off and now we get Malia? Is it just me or do they all seem to be going for the same part give or take?
More+
Flag
I totally agree with you about the Nogitsune, he totally as a specific agenda
Flag
Did you take a look at that photo of Peter on Alison’s phone? When did he do that special photo shoot for Alison? Because that’s not a picture you just take in passing. + why does she have a picture of Peter on her phone, does she gaze at it when she’s lonely at night?

If going by theories of others and Alison is also partly possessed by the nogitsune (like Styles was when loosing time before the electricity thing) was the nogitsune in Styles trying to electrocute Alison so she’d also be a full nogitsune? And did she willingly/ knowingly try to step into the water for that to happen not counting on Isaac to push her away? (Because in my opinion she’s smarter than to step into electrocuted water)
Flag
As for the first part, well... It's possible Peter has an online profile or something? Wolfbook?
LOL, truth is, I would have liked it more if Lydia would have been the one to have his picture (that he sent her mom) and Allison had Malia.

Second part, I think Allison being possessed is too obvious for this show. I'm thinking it's her dad that is possessed. Why did he want to stay in the police station so much? Did he knew about the bomb? Considering we don't even know if Stiles knew anything about silver finger, it's possible papa argent set the whole thing up by himself.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members