A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television
I suck at math and must have been absent the day that they did odds in school, so I can't do it. I however, did go to law school, so I am going to state a premise and present an argument for each of who I believe are likely candidates.

First, Jeff Davis basically said to prepare for someone we have known from the beginning is going to die. Second, he said the main credits are going to have to change. He made these two separate statements at once, but I am going to contend they have nothing to do with each other. Basically, I am going to go with as executive producer he is aware of contract status of each actor and either, or both, Daniel Sharman and Arden Cho could be bumped up to regulars or one of the main cast could be merely changed to the long list of 'guest' stars and they have to change it. Additionally, we have to look at this from the idea that there are pretty much guaranteed two more seasons (4 and 5) of this show but as I have understood various comments made at comic-con and such, there aren't a lot of plans past that point. Not that that couldn't be changed, but that is my time frame for the need for story.

I will start from emotionally hardest to easiest...

1. Stiles - now I will assume he is possessed by the Nogistune and sometime in the past episode or so the Nogistune has more overtaken Stiles so he pretends to be Stiles when he needs to be. From what I understand from Wikipedia, there is an exorcism type event that can vanquish the Nogistune and there is even an episode called "De Voided" coming up. But, between now and then, the Nogistune is likely to try and eliminate threats. So, say he kills Ethan or, for arguments sake, Malia. People we would be upset about but not heart broken. The group breaks into we have to kill Stiles we have to save Stiles (a la Jackson). Clearly Scott is going to be save Stiles and I think Derek and Allison might be on his side and I also think Kira will follow his lead at this point, but Isaac, Aiden, hell Peter, and sadly even Lydia might be kill Stiles (I would suggest Lydia is simply trying to fulfill our Stiles' actual wishes because he would be in the kill Stiles camp). But, say the exorcism is unsuccessful. And it is clear he has to die. Now, I would suggest this would get the most out of the story. Like Tommy dying on Arrow, it would focus Scott and focus his mission for his pack on protecting the town and eliminating the threat the Nemeton and its beacon poses. Lydia would cling to the group for support, if the sides are as I see them, it would break up Allison and Isaac, Scott has to figure out how to treat his betas and how to discipline them and his stance on forgiveness. And he would have someone to honor.

Against, yeah, I know Allison is totally human, but really? You would eliminate the human from the group, the heart and he lets Scott be the hero and he can be the heavy. He is less the comic relief anymore, but he is the only one Scott can count on.

2. Derek - Oh, well, in my scenario, Stiles as the Nogistune kills him and he sacrifices himself for Kira because of Scott. Scott loses his big brother and mentor. But now Scott has to totally embrace everything about being the Alpha. Derek might be too much of a crutch for him.

Against, the show doesn't forget that Scott is only a seventeen year old kid. He needs Derek still. Derek also because Deaton is so damn cryptic seems to almost becoming a Giles type to the group.

3. Lydia - so, her death would be one where her status would merely change because I have some doubts that she can actually die the way we think of dying. I almost kind of think it would let her fully come into her Banshee abilities that she traveled.

Against, as much as we love her, Stiles would be upset, Allison would be upset, Aiden would be upset, Scott might be sad...but...also, what actual importance has she served for Scott yet? Whatever prophecy or whatever that Deucalion was following up on seemed to indicate that there would be one. Since then, she called Derek and Cora back (after she basically told them to run) and she helped finding Kira. Both important and the latter more to Scott, but, I don't think she is done yet.

4. Deaton- um, where is he? He might already be dead. Or maybe he is just taking adult ed classes on Japanese mythology.

5. Ethan - basically because Aiden has a longer road to hoe on the redemption path than Ethan does because at times Ethan appears to regret. However, these are not original cast members.

Those are my candidates...how about you?
Comments (117)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Could they kill off Jackson, please? I LOVE everyone!!
Flag
I know...you have think that the only negative thing they think about him though is if they knew walking away was a legitimate option they had a plan where Jackson died after Lydia returned him but went with the option he returned instead.
Flag
I really really do not want anyone to die. If anyone had to die i would choose Peter, although he isn't really a main character. I'm really hoping that it'll be a spoof or something. Or maybe a character will die and come back to life like Peter. I guess we will just have to wait and see!!
Flag
I would be fine with Peter too though I suspect at this point he is the Big Bad for next season. But I think a good chance would be something like this.. One of the twins, Lydia crosses a path to pull the N ogistune out of Stiles and they both seemingly disappear and then Daniel Sharman is added to the main cast Lydia returns in full Banshee empowered mode and brings a darker more morose Stiles who carries with him all the guilt from his actions this season. So there are fundamental changes to two characters so that they aren't the same. But I keep going over this interview I read with Jeff Davis where he was talking about Derek taking a hero journey this season and what is the ultimate heroic act?
Flag
Wow, interesting theory. Jeff Davis said that it is going to be a main character that dies, so i'm thinking that it is either Derek or Allison. Then again, in the last 4 episode trailer thingy, it showed Derek getting hurt so i don't think it'll be him. If it is Allison, it will be bad because she is the female lead and there are only 3 important females in the show, even though we haven't seen much of Kira yet. And maybe that heroic act has to do with the death of Derek. Like him trying to save such as Stiles or Scott and he gets killed. If he tries to save Stiles that would be a Sterek moment haha
Flag
So...I saw the episode description for "De-Void" this morning on my DVR scheduled recordings. The first line is Scott and Lydia join forces. This actually, weirdly, bumps Lydia up in my candidates. First, my entire thinking as to why she isn't the one to die was based on the fact that Deucalion for whatever reason (I'm still not sure was he following a prophecy or something, how did he know about Scott and why did he think either Lydia or Danny would be important to him?) thinks Lydia is important to Scott. It looks like in this episode it is revealed how exactly she is. That worries me. And seriously, they can't kill another woman on this show this season.
Flag
I'm thinking that they are going to kill Peter. I don't want him to go. Love him. Especially at the end of 3A when he seemed to have an agenda... I thought they'd explore that more but with the introduction of a child I think he may do something parental and sacrifice himself for her. *sighs* I don't want any of them to die... Maybe Lydia can bring him back again.. idk.
Flag
Watching the promo for the rest of the season it might, at first, look like Derek bites the dust - but the very fact that they've edited it to look like that makes me doubt it.
Reminds me of PoI showing a trailer that made you pretty sure one supporting character was going down - and then killing off another in a surprising (and painful!) out-of-the-blue move.
Don't want anyone to die, but I'm going to be seriously PISSED if they take away my Stiles, my Derek, or my Chris Argent.
The rest would be sad (especially Melissa or the sheriff!), but I'd live.

Maybe Peter will rise to the occasion to save Malia's life, if he finds out she's his daugther, and go out as a hero despite his usual selfish shenanigans?
Flag
There was something about Echo House made me started to wonder if I am going to be angry at Teen Wolf. Like if no one dies and I think if it ends up being from episode two onward (of season 3a) is primarily all in Stiles' head. Like that there is a N ogitsune and everything but he is far behind in taking over Stiles than we think. It would take Kira out of the show or at least bring it back to her being new girl and the twins might not be as important. But yeah I don't buy most of what they are selling in those trailers. I even think that glimpse of Derek might be from last half season. It would be nice for whatever death for it to make another character be more something. Like Peter sacrifice (ha) himself for Malia and she has to decide for vengeance or whatever. Or Chris if the change in code is important.
Flag
The promos are deliberately misleading...
Flag
What if it's dying is just a metaphor? Let's say Stiles does die but then rises again supernaturally.

Other than that, my bet is on Papa Argent which is still devastating.
Flag
I started thinking the metaphor way with it being Lydia to put her in full control of her powers. I also keep having this discussion pop up in my head. What if we have been watching a whole season in Stiles' head. Like even though we thought he woke up when his father came in but that was just another level. And then Daniel Sharman joins the main cast. And we all spend the next three months wanting to throttle Jeff Davis.
Flag
I hate saying this, buy i think it's going to be Stiles just because i accidentally read the small summary of the finale on imdb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3461002/
do you think is true or maybe it's written by mistake?
Flag
I think that was a bit of a troll...
Flag
My bet goes to Melissa, ala Buffy. Kill the main character's mom off so they have more independence.

The other possibility would be Stiles' dad, but I think that might be too cruel for Stiles' character. If they did kill off the Sheriff, Scott's dad could become the law enforcement contact for the team. After all, they need someone to help get them out of legal trouble or to get an angle on a villain.

Bringing Scott's dad more into the picture would make for a more robust family story: conflict, forgiveness, revelation, and acceptance.
Flag
I think that might be why Chris is an option too. I have this idea that most of the main women are safe from permanent death because of the fact all woman bad guys are dead and only Matt and Ennis are dead. I am a little curious if part of the episode this week will be to reveal Scott's father's story (like who he was talking to on the phone who at the very least seemed to have something against the Sheriff...I have a crazy theory). He had to see something else besides the one Oni and has to wonder how his ex and his asthmatic son got him upstairs. But the actor is the big bad of Witches of East End which might not take anymore time than Melissa Ponzio's role on the Walking Dead and he might not be the one coming through the portal first. But the show has to make him be more than a tool who might want to reconnect with his son. I mean I think Victoria might have been evil incarnate but she was so fun and you hated Gerard (and like everything that has gone wrong is his fault and I am waiting to hear he chopped down the Nemeton) but were curious about him if you are going to make him an important figure in the show.
More +
Flag
I honestly don't want anyone to die, not even Greenberg.
Flag
I know. I still have this ideal final scene of this show. Where scott and Stiles are sitting in Scott's living room (since his house is the only one we have seen) and Scott says he has a surprise for Stiles and stands up and says something very Star Wars like and calls Stiles by his full name and the screen goes to black with Stiles exclaiming you finally watched it!
Flag
My emotional scale of people that die.

1. STILES: All I am saying is that Stiles BETTER not die. I really don't think that I could watch the without thinking when is Stiles going to pop out. I would probably actually boo-hoo and I don't shed a tear very often. DON"T DO THIS WRITERS. I don't want to be emotional scarred.

2. DEREK. Uhmm...writers DON'T DO THIS EITHER. I didn't realize how much I loved Derek until he almost died in this season. I was taken him for granted. So, for Derek to die would be too soon for me. WAY TOO SOON. He flirted with dead during the first part of the season. Let's not make him do so again.

3. Melissa McCall. I would have a fit. Seriously, I love her.

4. Peter Hale. I know. I know. He is so bad, but yeah I love a good redemption story. Although, I like him being bad. Ha. I feel it in my bones that he probably will die before season 4. It doesn't make the fact of me feeling like he is going to die any easier. I wouldn't shed a tear. I would just be sad.

5. Lydia. They just can't get rid of her. POINT. BLANK. PERIOD.
More+
Flag
I've been trying to find the article I read where Jeff Davis states that the death will be final (my phrasing, not his) and I'm having trouble finding it. But I did find one of his interviews about this season and here's a quote about Derek:

"This is the season of Derek becoming a hero," Davis says he told actor Tyler Hoechlin. "We've seen him at the bottom and now we'll see him built up again. " So maybe Derek drops a little on this list? :P

Flag
I hope so and basically for no bigger reason than I think he and Scott need to actually have that brother relationship Derek claimed from the beginning.
Flag
I would love to see them bond :) Those moments where Scott actually learned from Derek were awesome.
Flag
Good theories... I'm having a hard time believing that they'd actually kill Stiles off the show. His relationship with Scott -their dynamic- is too important to the show. Shows have, however, done stupid things in the past that upset the fans (and brought on cancellation). So anything's possible.

I think Ethan or Aidan could die but as you've pointed out, they haven't been on the show since season 1 and Jeff Davis was very specific about it being an original cast member? (Maybe Jackson? LOL)

I'm really hoping that Peter Hale will die, although I don't hate him like I did before. If Derek dies, I wouldn't mind too much. But I agree with you that Scott still needs him.
Flag
Peter dying might also eliminate this question I have had about the whole sire dynamic and if that could be a factor with Scott but the show has never really addressed that issue.
Flag
I didn't even think about that. You're right!
Flag
Stiles cannt die... he is the life of the show
Flag
Fully convinced Allison is going to die, she was there from the start, is part of the opening sequence etc. The main reason I think she is going to die is that regarding both Allison/Isaac and Scott/Kira the writers have said their relationships are not going to be a simple lets get together and its cool because Scott and Allison have moved on, they said it will be more complicated than that, and if Allison you could see how that would make things complicated for the others. Plus in an interview she did she mentioned how one of the core characters was going to die, then she said 'I can't say anymore, they are going to kill me'. Might be deliberate. Or could be looking into it too much
Flag
I'll be a little sad if Allison dies. Although she and Scott aren't together anymore, I think he will be so upset about it. And imagine her FATHER? Mr. Argent might go on some kind of insane rampage if he loses his daughter so soon after losing his wife and sister.
Flag
Its possible, I mean apparently someone looked at cast lists or something for next season and she isn't yet confirmed. It would be sad thing though, three Argent women, all dead. But, totally separate from the storyline...there was a lot of flak the show received after 3A, dead villans, Kate, Jennifer, Kali and Matt. and Ennis Alive bad guys, Gerard, Deucalion, Peter, arguably the twins. I mean I don't think resurrecting Braeden was necessarily the solution there (I know she apparently was never dead, but we and Isaac certainly had no other reason to think she wasn't dead in 3A). I sort of feel like unless it is the Lydia dying and coming back as a full Banshee most of the women are probably safe this season just for appearance sake.
Flag
Yeah i saw that too about the cast list. Tyler Hoechlin nor Crystal Reed were confirmed... but then again i feel like they wouldn't release the cast list. That just gives it away. Pretty sure it isn't real but idk
Flag
No way in hell they could kill Stiles. More than anything its the friendship of Scott and Stiles which drives this show. They are the life of the show. As per me it would be either one of Derek or Peter who is gonna die.
Flag
Agree!
Flag
peter peter pleace let it be peter
Flag
Agree! :P
Flag
I would bet on Isaac because because the direction his character is taking doesn't make sense to me: that would have some consequences on Derek since every wolf he's turned didn't make, maybe he could also became a big villain in the future.
Or it could be Deaton, mentors always leave the hero alone at some point, without revealing some important plot point!
Flag
I really like Isaac and I think he has a lot of potential as a character. I think enough fans like him that his death would be stunning (but he hasn't been on the show since season 1 and they said an original cast member was going to die).
Flag
yes, let`s kill isaac.

Flag
Now, I know that these tv shows tend to kill someone but it actually doesn't mean they "kill" him/her out of the show. Three of the characters came back to life in Teen Wolf which pretty much makes me believe it is possible. I never understood if the thing about killing a character that has been in the show from the start meant that the actor or actress leaves the show. Because if its like that the first one that comes to my mind would be Stiles, because of Dylan O'Brien and all these new roles he's having (movies). The fact that Stiles is the most likely to die makes me wanna cry really really hard. And if it would be like that (actor leaving the show) Im really hoping he's not the one because, c'mon! Everybody loves/Likes him and he's so much needed in the show, he's not only funny (and a good comic relief) but he's also smart and a big support to Scott (HUGE BROTP.) Scott is always thinking about Allison being his anchor but i think that Stiles plays a really important role there too. He's a very good character. His relationship with everybody in Teen Wolf is so enjoyable! I love the scenes with his dad, with Lydia, Scott and other characters. Killing him? The worst idea for the show in my opinion. Still maybe I'm on denial but I try to think he's most probably to stay alive, because of all the things i just said about him and because right now he's the most likely to die but the things can change (maybe they are trying to confuse us haha)
But, if the thing is not about the actor leaving the show then i would bet for Lydia. I like the idea of Lydia becoming a full banshee (ghost). As for the changing of the credits, yeah, Lydia, Allison, Stiles and Derek are the important ones and are the ones who appear in the intro. Danny, Scott's mom, Stiles' dad or Allison's dad? Those are characters from the beginning too. I don't think about Peter because i heard all the alpha thing about him will be in season 4.

I know this is long haha but one more thing. I think Derek is someone who might die too. And i don't even want to think about it because Derek gets me emotional (as Stiles does too to be honest... gosh why do they have to kill someone!?)
More+
Flag
I'd fling myself off a building if Stiles dies. That's how emotionally invested I am in his character.
While I agree that it's possible he could pseudo-die (die in season finale, come back in end credits/two episodes into next season), I feel like it might be a little too predictable.
Mostly I'm just in denial.
Flag
When writers say someone is likely to die in supernatural drama shows, I tend to take it with a pinch of salt!! How many times did Buffy die? Sam and Dean have died several times now also. Dying doesn't necessarily mean the person will die, perhaps he means that they will die metaphorically, as in Stiles will have the Nogistune killed within him, die for a bit, then come back as pure Stiles! Or maybe Danny will die caught up in it all. Stiles is actually becoming the Xander of this show; I doubt they could kill him off as can you imagine what Scott would become without him? He's the human anchor of every supernatural character in the group. They could kill Derek off, but only to let Scott stand on his own two feet (paws). Isaac is just becoming a predominant character so still has a lot of growing to do. Alison serves very little purpose but her hunter knowledge and her father can help the group. Lydia is important as her mythology hasn't been fully explored. The twins are becoming Scott's bodyguards and I reckon they are too easily disposable to break hearts if they get killed. I'm just scanning the comments while writing this and there are lots of Buffy references lol! I reckon Teen Wolf is the best written supernatural show since Buffy if I'm honest!! :)
More+
Flag
I usually think how you do when it comes to death on supernatural shows, however, Jeff Davis was very specific about it and he said the death would be final. As in, that person will not be resurrected. I mean, he could just be lying so we'll all be shocked in the end. But it seemed like a legit admission.
Flag
Well I haven't read the interview with Jeff Davis myself (or seen the vid or whatever it was!) but I wouldn't expect them to kill Stiles. Unless of course the actor himself wants to leave and go into film as he is terrific and has had a few parts in the midst of Teen Wolf. Usually you hear a rumour about an prominent actor leaving a show first though, so I'm assuming it's someone else. Like Derek...
Flag
I agree with you that TW is the best since Buffy!
Flag
I'm totally with you. There are so many things about this show that remind me of Buffy. I have never been sure if Stiles is more Xander or Willow or if it is just a season by season thing with him in which case he probably needs his Xander because he is kind of having a dark Willow time (I figure Lydia is that).
Flag
I figure Stiles is Xander as he's kind of the heart of the pack. Just watch how Scott's power hasn't been the same since Stiles has become possessed, look how Lydia immediately couldn't focus her power when Stiles wasn't around, he's sort of everyone's anchor! Stiles had to be the bad guy for a minute to show everyone how important he actually is to them (i.e. Xander losing an eye, everything goes to s**t, Buffy circa season 7, they were originally going to kill him off completely but realised they couldn't bring the group back from it). I reckon Derek's for the chop, I used to love him, now I can see why they need him to leave; they seem to be setting it up for Scott to be Beacon Hills' protector...
Flag
I hope it's a Willow thing with Stiles. Go dark and then come back powerful light!
Flag
One random addition to my above theory...how would you suppose the person who dies actually dies? I have weirdly assumed for most of my options that it is Stiles as possessed by the Nogistune who does the killing to basically everyone except himself on this list. Basically so we have another helping of guilt to lade upon poor Stiles.
Flag
I assume possessed Stiles is going to kill someone too.
Flag
Have we approached the possibility that a character may die but not actually leave the show? I mean, heck, Buffy died twice and she was the lead.
Flag
Well, I have come to that conclusion myself (and it might be deluding myself to make myself feel better because I don't want Derek or Stiles to leave and they seem the obvious choices) and that would mean to me, Lydia. I think she might have to travel to wherever the Nogistune has shoved the real Stiles when it takes over and that might mean dying, but because she is a Banshee, dying is really just a journey for her that she can come back from.
Flag
Sorry, haven't read all the comments... But you're not making much sense.
If it's someone from the beginning, how could it be the twins?
They joined in season 3, not season 1

I think the most likely character from season 1 to die is Peter. I mean come on, he's an evil dude from day 1 and the season 3a finale seemed to point him towards the big bad.

If not in likelihood order its:

1) Scott's mom
2) Stiles dad (especially since Scott's dad could replace him as Sheriff)
3) Deaton (he isn't exactly a hottie teen...)
4) Danny, those Oni guys were eyeing him... Jennifer poisoned him for a reason. Maybe he is something supernatural too.
5) Allison's dad. Not really seeing a point, especially since it will make her a total under aged orphan which has some issues, but maybe expect the unexpected.

No way in heck will Stiles die
He's far too popular, even if he wanted to leave the show, they'll leave it open for him to come back.

Also, if you are talking about upgrading people to the opening credit, all 5 I mentioned earlier make good candidates as well.
But yeah, Isaac is a good guess on that.
More+
Flag
If leaving Allison an under aged orphan is a reason her father won't die, then you need to move the Sheriff down a couple pegs. If he dies, Stiles will be an orphan and he's actually younger than Allison - we learned in season one that she's actually a year older than her classmates.
Flag
Remember who her remaining relative is too just the total twisted nature of returning Gerard to the fold
Flag
I know I was thinking that about the twins too, that they weren't there from the beginning but I couldn't get it out of my head that Derek's conversation with the twins seemed clear foreshadowing to one of the three of them and I had already exhausted my Derek reasoning. I have gotten myself convinced no one is leaving and Lydia actually just dies at the hands of the Nogistune after she discovers she can communicate fully with the real Stiles and because she basically sacrifices herself she is able to both embrace her fully Banshee powers and use the anchor relationship she has with Stiles to sort of pendulum them both back.
Flag
I think one of the twins might die in addition to a core character also dying.
Flag
Me too and I think it might be Ethan of the twins. It might also serve the purpose of fully bringing Danny in.
Flag
I'd love to see more of Danny. And since I'm not a big fan of the twins, I wouldn't mind seeing either of them bite the dust.
Flag
Lydia dying would actually solve some problems because otherwise, we know nobody is going to die unless she senses it.

But I don't see it hapenning.

Heck, maybe they'll bring Jackson back for a single episode and then kill him :)
Flag
I'm still not actually convinced that someone from the main cast is going to die. This is basically because of how the announcement was worded... "someone who's been there since the beginning" doesn't exactly mean main cast. There are a decent amount of people who aren't main cast members who have been featured since the show started. It could be Danny, Coach, or one of the parents (my money is on Mr. Argent if it's one of the parents). And changing the opening credits probably means Daniel Sherman's gonna get bumped up to series regular (because he basically is at this point).

I am willing to wait it out, but I'm just not convinced Stiles is going to die and I really hope Derek gets to stick around too.
Flag
Yeah, I think that is an out they may want to follow (that they are just adding Daniel Sharman to the main cast or even Arden Cho). But the more I keep thinking about it, I think there is something to this whole mirror image theory that offthepreserve has been pumping and Stiles is actually trapped there and that Lydia's potential skill set is the one to be able to at least communicate with him. And since she has to trigger her sort of psychic sense, it would stand to reason that she might have to have something traumatic happen to her to fully embrace those powers. So technically she dies (and it might be interesting that the Nogistune as Stiles does it and our Stiles has to watch but she saves him right away) but she is totally still fully there because she can cross over as a full Banshee. I just fear that is too close to TVD for this show.
Flag
I have to admit that would be cool... and a option that I would be cool with. I doubt it will go into TVD territory. TW is very good at following their own path, so even if it does I'm sure the result will be totally different.
Flag
The very core of Teen Wolf is Scott and Stiles, from the movie. Stiles is safe for now in my opinion.

If they want to somehow confuse us with Scott, Allison, Kira triangle, they'll have to let Isaac go.

However I fear that it'll be Lydia. She could become a guest star by being a real Banshee and promote Kira to main cast in the opening credits. Lydia might save Stiles in her Banshee form. She could even be the next season's villain. That could actually make showrunners to think about bringing back Colton Haynes (Jackson) for a few episodes to send her to the other side properly.
Flag
Poll

Flag
I don't think it will be Allison. I do think she's at risk but I don't think they will kill her off. Given the choice between her and Isaac I think they would choose Isaac. Large emotional pay-off for the fans and lots of material for the writers. Allison would be devastated, Scott comforts her causing tension between Scott and Kira and with the only wolf in Scott's pack dead he's an alpha without a pack - in step the twins. If possessed Stiles kills him there's tension between Stiles and Allison, Lydia can try to comfort him but would need to be there for Allison also, Scott is torn between his best friend and his ex... it's a treasure trove of source material.

However, my initial thought was Derek. For Scott to truly become an alpha and lead his own pack he needs to free himself from the overbearing shadow of Derek Hale, but since Mr. Argent has been mention I've realised that removing him will allow Allison to do the same. His overbearing nature has marginalised Allison this season and having her as a rouge hunter making rookie mistakes would certainly increase the levels danger facing the group (I trust Teen Wolf's writers to prevent her from becoming another direction-less moron who fans love to hate).

I really doubt it will be Scott, Stiles or Lydia (it had better bloody not be Lydia) and I doubt it will be Melissa. I don't think it will be one of the twins or Peter Hale - not enough emotional pay-off to make it worthwhile. I could see it being Sheriff Stilinski, but the impact of his death could be a bit limited, there's only really Stiles, Scott and probably Melissa that will be adversely affected unless it's another member of the group that kills him.

So, my short list boils down to Isaac, Derek and Mr. Argent, with Sheriff Stilinski a distant 4th place and Allison at a 100 to 1 shot. With such a great cast I can't really imagine any of them leaving us, but if I had to choose one then it would be Mr. Argent. JR Bourne rarely spends this long on a TV show and he certainly wouldn't find it difficult to get another gig. If it is a possessed Stiles that does the deed then the emotional pay-off would be second only to a possible Isaac death (assuming the 'big four' are safe, of course). Whatever happens I can confidently say that I'm filled with excitement and dread in equal measure.
More+
Flag
Anyone but Stiles and Derek.
Flag
Every season I get worried about Derek. Every season.

Mainly because part of his role is as mentor and protector and in the traditional heroes journey stories the mentor/protector figure has to go (usually die) in order for the hero to stand on their own two feet.

Also now, because he foreshadowed his own willingness to die for Scott and because he's been sidelined so far this series half. HOWEVER, he does have a mysterious subplot that we have not yet seen much of.

But, also having said that, him dying might mean that they have to work out his mysterious subplot next series... That would work from a plot point of view.

However, I think the writers could get a lot more mileage out of the Hales and Derek's past. What did he do while he was away from Beacon Hills? Where were he and Laura? They could easily bring those missing years in in the form of a character from his past.

But then, they haven't shown any indication that that storyline is in the pipeworks at all. He's a main character, but not main main. His death would have emotional impact on the characters and on the audience without ruining anything that they have going. They could also use his death to propel plot forward in a way that they haven't been using his character to do while he's alive.

I keep talking myself into it and out of it and into it again. I'm really, really, really hoping that he won't die. But like I said, every season finale people say 'someone's going to die' and I think 'AARGH DEREK! DON'T KILL DEREK!'

Please don't kill Derek.

I'm going to be sitting here, rocking backwards and forwards and pulling the leaves off aconite flowers:

He dies... he doesn't die.... he dies... he doesn't die... he dies... he doesn't...
More+
Flag
A huge part of me thinks (or hopes) that they would not kill off Stiles. He is way too important to the show and it wouldn't make sense to kill him off. But at the same time, Dylan is getting more and more famous and may want to move on to other projects, and when that happens, their character is killed off. (Does anyone remember Marissa/ Mischa Barton getting killed off The O.C? Not that it took her many places, lol).

I also don't think that they would kill off Derek. I actually wish Derek would get more screen time. His character has a lot of potential. They could kill off Lydia, but I really hope they won't.

When it comes to all the other characters you mentioned, I don't really mind to be honest. Where has Deaton gone? He pretty much told them all that they were screwed when they opened up 'the door' to their mind, and then he just disappeared, haha.
Flag
Staff
I don't think you can compare the Dylan/Stiles situation to Mischa/Marissa. Mischa wanted to leave the show, but the character had also run its course and everyone basically hated her (Marissa, not Mischa, though maybe they hated her, I don't know).
Flag
Yeah you might be right. The shows are completely different too I guess.
Flag
There is absolutely no way---none---that they will kill off Stiles or Lydia (at least not permanently---they could pull a Family Guy on us). This isn't Game of Thrones, people, and Stiles is far, FAR too popular a character for them to knock off. I mean, the fanbase would go ballistic---I have no doubt a large contingent would simply stop watching the show. This is not the kind of payoff the writers are gunning for.

As for Lydia, they simply haven't explored her very unique nature as a Banshee enough to just kill her: There's too much story yet to tell in Lydia's character for her to be at any risk.

Of the "main" characters, there are two I'd worry about:

Derek is the first. His story has been told. With Scott as the True Alpha, Derek's role in the grand picture is hazy at best. His loss would be a huge emotional punch to the fanbase... but would change the actual story very little. That's pretty appealing, from a writing standpoint, And, while he's certainly a popular character, there's no way he rises to Stiles-level plot immunity.

Allison is the second. Her death would be perhaps the biggest bombshell the show could plausibly drop on us, and I think the impact her death would have on the other characters would more than make up for her loss from a fan/writing standpoint: So many relationships would change, offering huge opportunities for interesting character arcs and conflicts.

But I don't think any "main" characters are truly at risk. I could see Isaac dying, or Ethan, or one of the parents---Allison's or Stiles' dad, though I doubt they'll be so monstrous as to kill Scott's mo... no, I can't even bear the thought, and so, I won't.
More+
Flag
i think either Melissa or Allison's dad will die....please not Melissa
Flag
Derek's questioning the twins might be foreshadowing their deaths. They don't add their much to the show either and loosely connected the group.

For actual significant death Isaac is my guess. He is the last remaining member of Derek's pack, who all seem to die to move the plot along, and most of season 3 he has been connected to Alison and away from Scott. He's a big enough character that fans love that his death would impact fans and characters like Scott and Alison, but not big enough that it would drastically alter the group dynamic or the series as a whole.

Isaac means well and got the most character development, which Boyd didn't get, but his increasing detachment from Scott could easily be foreshadowing. He tries to do good, but ends up falling on his butt. I could easily see him dying to protect Scott and Alison.

Derek has too many fake out deaths for that I'm doubtful he'll die any time soon. Stiles is like you said the heart of the show. If he dies there is a comedic element that's needed to keep thins from getting too heavy and dark gone for good. Lydia's banshee story still has potential. If she dies to fully become a banshee I wouldn't count it as a death, since she would still be on. I don't think people care if Deaton dies now. He's still a bit mysterious, but he has been increasingly less helpful as the series goes on. He only helps Scott, refusing to really connect with Derek like he promised Talia he would, and honestly I think his sister could take over for him without missing a beat or Stiles ascends to the role himself as emissary for Scott, since they have that relationship. Deaton's death is just kind meh.
More+
Flag
Well, if Davies is telling the truth about it being an original cast member, some other commenters' suggestions of Isaac, Agent McCall, and Ethan/Aiden are off the table. Not that they couldn't be killed, but they wouldn't qualify as the mentioned death.

I would like to further suggest (or second others' suggestions) for some of the parents—Melissa McCall, Sheriff Stilinski, and Chris Argent—though those would hurt very much; Allison, though that might be as unlikely as Stiles; and Peter Hale.

Early(-ish) money though is on Derek.
Flag
I'm actually starting to think one of the parents might get killed off. I think it may be Chris Argent. This story they've got going at the moment, with the dark spirits sort of revolves around him, but what happens when they are gone? He's not really a hunter anymore, so what would his story be?
Flag
Please tv gods don't kill Derek and I hope they don't kill stiles because I think he is one death that would make the most emotional impact to Scott, like Tommy's death on arrow he forced Ollie to go on a new path and in turn evolve into the green arrow we know from the comics, and I think stiles death may do that for Scott it could be the driving force for Scott to step up as alpha. I just hope they don't do it. Any way can lidia die since she is a banshee normal means of death may not work, concidering peter pretty much tore her to shreds last time and she was physically fine after a few weeks of healing where anybody eels would have died.
Flag
Personally I suspect it might be Danny. He's been on the show from the beginning and everyone loves him (myself included), but since Jackson left he hasn't served much of a purpose, to the group of the show. It would have the most impact on Ethan, and could set him on either a tailspin to his old ways, or on a road of redemption, both of which could become arcs to span an entire season.
Flag
They won't kill off Danny. The show has demonstrated a commendable interest in exploring gay story arcs, and a large number of Teen Wolf's fanbase is gay. The Danny/Ethan/whoever-that-guy-was love triangle is going to get a lot more play, and I have no doubt Danny is going to be brought into the supernatural fold very soon.
Flag
Hmmm possibly. It would enrage Lydia too (especially because I suspect he is her last attachment to her old life and is probably in more of her classes than others).
Flag
I honestly don't know where to start mostly I'm just glad Teen Wolf has made half way through 3rd season without breaking our hearts in a way the calls for the death of a character we love. So I think Stiles is safe as long as the actor wants to be on the show.
But on to my list:

Isaac: Sadly as you may notice this is probably the last person I want to die. But somehow I could still see it. He's off with Allison more often than not, I wouldn't be complaining but we don't really get bromance moments like before with him and Scott who's friendship is way better than Allison and him together(not hating it) Not saying the Argents are bad back up, they're great but they don't have Isaacs back the same way Scott would. Also besides Allison and Scott no one else would be hugely effected in him being gone besides ME!

Derek: He lost his power, though I'm assuming because of him questioning if they would die for Scott means that he would and that he is apart of Scotts pack. I could easily see him getting killed trying to protect Scott while also not killing the Nogitsune in Stiles but w/o his alpha can't say he'll stand the great a chance like he did with Erica/Boyd.

Lydia: As stated before I could see her dying purely for the point to come back in some super banshee form. I mean Teen Wolf may have killed off Erica/Boyd but they seem to have a bad habit of not killing off bigger characters like Gerard, Duecalion, Peter....

Agent McCall: I could see them bringing him back just to kill him off after making us think he was a jerk, then they do something to redeem the character only to kill him off. I don't see Mama McCall being the parent he loses. Also this would cause a change in Scott he's the only one who hasn't lost a loved one due to bizarreness or hasn't directly effected by death. (Lydia has both her parents but she's a banshee that screams when death is near so... And Kira only just got her, but her dad is a Teacher and we all know about Beacon Hills teachers)

Also maybe Kira's dad will die, just for teaching at Beacon Hills, lol. He's quirky and sets his daughter up so lets hope not.

Ethan/Aiden: But probably not. I could only see where one of them dies one finally sacrificing themselves to save someone like Scott, Danny, or Lydia. Or perhaps one tries to save the other. But at the same time sadly the twins whole appeal is the fact that they are twins, not gonna lie. To kill one of them off the show would be a waste.

More+
Flag

You guys were supposed to disagree and comfort me and tell me they'd never kill him off! =[ Not my little pup, lol.
Flag
Totally agree on your Isaac analysis, that exactly what's gonna get him killed IMO
Flag
I really do like Isaacs bromance with Scott, it's different to what Scott and Stiles has and it would be a shame for it to be gone in my opinion.
Flag
Huh...Isaac I forgot about him being a possible option. I seriously spent the first half of season two expecting him to be cannon fodder.
Flag
I actually agree with the Isaac reasoning. I actually miss the bromance between Scott and Isaac and just dont see the Isaac/Alison thing. I think added with the off screen romance between those two ending it could mean the end of Isaac as the Alison character is seen to be of more important than the Isaac character. Heres hoping im wrong
Flag
Breaking it down, assuming the death and title change are NOT related because they could just be adding Kira to the titles:

Alison - non supernatural Hunter whose role has been marginalized since breaking up with Scott. Her death would affect several characters, would be meaningful, but not ruin the show.
Also, considering Stiles is possessed by the baddie, having Stiles be responsible for her death would be a gut punch to Scott.
Odds of 5/1

The same reasoning could be applied to Mr Argent, but what would happen to Alison? Who would she live with? Too many loose ends, so his odds would be 7/1

Sheriff Stilinski is also a possibility, especially if he loses his job. Again his death would impact several characters and their development. Assuming Stiles is exorcised, he would be relying on Scott and his mother for a familial type of support (he would also be living with them after his dad dies). Obviously Lydia would another support mechanism for Stiles.
Sheriff Stilinski's death would also potentially increase the groups reliance on Deaton in the paternal role. Because he is death would probably be the most impactful while not really adversely affecting the fan base, I would make him my favorite, with odds of 2/1.

Mrs McCall - I really can't see them killing off the shows only strong adult female character right now, 20/1

Lydia - they haven't explored her banshee powers yet, 12/1

Deaton - while only a guest really, keeping him alive will help them explain some of the supernatural elements of the show and progress the plot, 12/1

Derek Hale - no longer an Alpha, not in Scott's pack and no pack of his own, so unless they give his character some meaning in upcoming episodes he would be a likely candidate.
But it would affect the fan base, so his odds are 6/1

Coach - YOU CAN'T KILL COACH!!!!
More+
Flag
I think even if they killed Deaton, Morell could be their new emissary!
Flag
So you think Allison is more likely to be given concrete boots and sent for a swim than Derek? I'd have had those two switched.
Flag
As to Allison they did establish she is a year older than everyone so she could be 18 already but humorously Gerard would be her remaining family. That might be funny enough to do that...m
Flag
I agree killing Stiles off would just be dragging the carpet out from under themselves when they have come so far and made this special little show into something truly extravagant and amazing. Plus it would kill people it would kill me Stiles is just the /best/ thing I can NOT HANDLE THAT Jeff Davies would have to look over his shoulder for the rest of his life.
Flag
Staff
I don't know who's going to die, but my one and only thing to say is that I don't think Teen Wolf has the balls to kill off Stiles. Dylan O'Brien has managed to outshine everyone else on the series and usurp the show from its de facto lead. I think if the series were to kill him off, the fandom would riot, especially the vocal Sterek shippers. The only reason I could see them doing it is if Dylan asked to leave the series to focus on movies or other projects. I sincerely hope that's not the case, but otherwise it just doesn't make much sense from a logical viewpoint. So much of Teen Wolf rests on Dylan O'Brien at this point that it'd be suicide.
Flag
I couldn't put it better myself.
Stiles' irreplaceable!
Flag
The only reason Stiles really seriously crosses my mind and this is what made me start thinking of this was I hadn't heard anything about the Maze Runner in awhile and thinking it might want to stay away from Divergent and the Hunger Games it could be a movie that has a summer release which would mean to me that it runs into filming for season four.
Flag
A few weeks off for Dylan while Stiles recuperates from being possessed (and killing a fan favourite?) - it could be possible for him to do both [he says with a voice filled of tentative hope].
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Caught on Camera With Nick Cannon High Jinx
    NEW
    NBC
  •  
    500 Questions
    NEW
    ABC
  • 10:00 pm