A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television
Comments (12)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Derek hands down
Flag
Honestly I felt this episode only Derek shined and even that was tainted for me by lack of planning out long term. His stopping Blake from killing Deucalion finished his character development beautifully. He told her and himself that he didn't have to be a killer. He held her off and took everything she had her hatred for the Alpha pack, the betrayal she felt from Kali, and anger directed at him for not helping her kill a guy who made both their lives hell.

It was great to see Derek let go of his anger and be empathetic wolf we saw glimpses in flashback episode. That being said it was wonderful character development it was stupid to stop her from killing Deucalion after they saw he would force Scott to kill Blake with his own hands (making Scott a killer and endure the same pain Derek felt when he was forced to kill Boyd.) It showed Deucalion was as evil as they thought, but also they had no hopes of beating him after the lunar eclipse ended. Neither knew Scott would awaken is true alpha powers on that night. It came off as stupid on both their parts to assume Deucalion problem would be gone after Blake was stopped. I felt the character moment was a bit tarnished by Scott and Derek not trying to stop Deucalion from killing her.

None of the other characters IMO did enough in this episode to get the MVP. Even Stiles rescue while heartwarming was a smaller part of a bigger plot that didn't add much. Blake wouldn't kill them if Scott and Derek teamed up with her to stop Deucalion than with Deucalion against her in the end.
More+
Flag
I feel like Derek had huge character growth in this episode. He didn't do anything particularly stupid. He didn't try to kill anyone. He didn't try to sacrifice himself for no apparent reason. He listened to Lydia, Cora and Aiden. He went back to save Lydia. He tried to save people for selfless reasons. He channelled his mother. He was basically awesome. So much awesome.

That's the Derek I've been wanting to see for the last season and a half. Couldn't vote for anybody else.

(Why do I seem to like Derek more when he's a beta than an alpha? Does the power change him that much?)
Flag
I always liked him better as a Beta aswell, it just suits him better, but not in a bad way. Idk how to say it but he is just better without all the power, pressure, responsibility.
Flag
Derek and Scott were the co-MVP's this episode. Having to choose one though made me go with Scott. He finally became the True Alpha that he was meant to be while also not falling into Deucalion's plan. He also realized that he has his own pack which was a very important step for him and me to see.

Derek did very well this episode and I wish I could give him a vote as well. His fight/lover's spat with Jennifer was a nice highlight for not just the season but the whole series when it comes to Derek. He once again "sacrificed" himself for the greater good. Just a great job by him. Hope he's back next season.
Flag
Derek. Has always been him and will always be him. He is the most martyr character and hero of this show. he always sacrifices himself to save others and takes tortures like a man
Flag
He has been through so much and like that at the end of the episode he was able to just leave like on a family vacation with his younger sister. I like that they gave him that eneding and didnt just show him brooding in a corner, but moving on and past the horrible things in his past and to be able to finally spend some family time with his sister.
Flag
Derek is awesome he took those punches like a man while true alpha Scott was down.
Flag
I agree. We've heard lots of complaints about Derek being a terrible alpha to his pack. But it was a sweet moment to see him draw strength from his memory of protecting Erica and Boyd from a killing spree at the start of the season.

He still has leadership and strength even though he isn't an alpha anymore.
Flag
From Cora and Boyd, Erica was already dead :(

I think it was an important reminder for Derek of what he had lost (Boyd) and what he still has in his life to love and protect (Cora) that helped him take those punches.
Flag
Ha! Silly me. Honestly, Cora didn't make that much of an impression on me. I'll see how the actress does on Reign.
Flag
I think this episode belongs completely to Scott!!! He's an Alpha!!!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 9:00 pm
    What Would You Do?
    NEW
    ABC
  • 10:00 pm
    Dateline NBC
    NEW
    NBC
  •