A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Teen Wolf S03E12: "Lunar Ellipse"

True life: Teen Wolf has ruined me. A few times during "Lunar Ellipse" I considered calling 911 because why wouldn't my head, neck, and brain stop tingling?? After three years of being in love with this show I began to suspect that maaaybe I had mental probs, but now that I've just experienced 42 straight minutes of CHILLS I might be having actual medical issues as well? Or, you know, Occam's Razor: Teen Wolf is incredible. Or maybe it's both things. Either way.

Look, I realize it's possibly against the law to express unqualified positive opinions on the internet, particularly if it's my actual JOB to criticize TV. And I will admit that there was a touch of contrarianism in me when I decided I wanted to give this show a chance a few years back. (You know, because liking a teen drama is so punk rock.) But in order to understand just how terrific Teen Wolf circa 2013 is, let's pay homage to "Lunar Ellipse"'s astonishing cold open and go back to the beginning. At its inception Teen Wolf wasn't so much a real show as it was a lightning rod for every self-styled critic's anger toward remakes, reboots, reimaginings, youth culture, MTV as a network, and a certain franchise of bluish-gray, PG-rated, Mormon-influenced wet dreams. I mean, with that title, that source material, and that genre, Teen Wolf was the easiest of easy targets; everybody was just so eager to be angry about this abomination about abominations.

But something happened around the beginning of Season 2. People, especially critics, showed up excited for what was about to unfold. Like all hype, the anti-hype couldn't hold forever and critical consensus had apparently lowered its guard enough to appreciate Season 1's twisty storytelling, refreshing characters, and the male-focused beauty that still feels both transgressive and long overdue. So Teen Wolf had proved itself as a show people could no longer discount, but what exactly would it bring to the table to position itself as better than not-terrible, particularly in a genre where titans loom large? Buffy the Vampire Slayer had more or less shut the door on the monsters-as-metaphors conceit and The Vampire Diaries was at the height of its powers, blazing new trails in dizzying storytelling (though often to the detriment of smaller character moments). 

Anyone with doubts about Teen Wolf's future potential would have those doubts quickly erased when Season 2 found the show busting out of its chrysalis to reveal what it really wanted be: An epic, stylized, weird, highly cinematic superhero saga. The music, effects, cinematography, and setpieces all brought a golden age, silver-screen scope to television that we didn't know we needed. In a literal sense, our TVs are just BIGGER now and Teen Wolf knows how to fill out a frame with beauty (be it a landscape or a locker room scene). But it also infuses its teenage archetypes with bravely sincere motivations and earnest intelligence. In an age of gritty, conflicted heroes, it's nothing short of refreshing to see a show that lionizes white-hat heroism as much as Teen Wolf. This show features no fewer than a dozen characters who'd drop anything to save someone else's life, and this vibe enriches every scene, raises every stake, and generally appeals to our better instincts. We're talking about a literally dark show that revolves around literal monsters, but for the past three months it's been the show that's made me most genuinely happy. Guys, I could obviously go on and on about Teen Wolf's technical excellence or unnecessarily clever dialogue or frequently knee-weakening performances, but really, I ultimately just like how I FEEL when I watch it. And if we're being honest that is the only compliment that really matters anymore. Teen Wolf is excellent and never more so than this season.

Anyway, I'm sure if you're here and reading this you already knew all this stuff, because duh, Teen Wolf is amazing, let's walk about the Season 3A finale already. Okay then! "Lunar Ellipse" was absolutely wonderful. Perfect, basically. A perfect hour of entertainment, and a perfect finale for Teen Wolf's best season yet. Let's talk about it.

Everything began in the afterlife. Which is a hilarious way for anything to start, but that's just how it was. The three leads had drowned themselves so that their conscious minds could travel through other dimensions and discover where that darn root cellar was. Just FYI the afterlife looked like like that secret skyscraper bunker where Bruce Wayne keeps his Batmobile. Oh, except for this main difference:

Stump'd! This white-room sequence was a stunner because it was silent (no music or dialogue) and very beautifully filmed, but also everybody was wet, including Stiles who finally came out of the closet as sorrrrrta buff. You know? Like we all kinda suspected he was, but now it was undeniable. Sorry Stiles, we're onto you!  

Anyway, the whole point of this otherworldly imagery was to set up one of the cooler scenarios this show has ever attempted: Each person was then whisked backwards in time where they witnessed an earlier version of themselves (in or around the pilot) standing beside the tree stump without even knowing it.

The re-use of original footage from the pilot was so fun, like in this scene where Scott had the exact same slack-jawed expression as his younger self, and then watched himself get bitten by the cartoon version of Peter Hale.

Miss u, cartoon Peter Hale. Come back soon?? (I just foreshadowed!)

Stiles also found the tree stump, because duh, he and his buzz cut had definitely been there that night too.

By the way, it made me laugh that they'd grown up in the area and had been in those woods a lot but this particular enormous, beautiful, moss-covered tree stump and accompanying cellar door just sorta slipped their minds. I don't know, I like to think I would remember something like that, not judging though.

THIS was a nice surprise:

During Allison's quick little flashback-nugget, we learned that she and the late great Mrs. Argent were in the car that almost hit a post-bitten Scott and they went back to go investigate and Allison found Scott's old asthma inhaler on the forest floor.

It was like a part of her KNEW that she'd be having so much sex with a wolf creature in the near future. My memory and brain have become very addled from being alive too long, but if I'm not mistaken we first met Allison the next day at school when she transferred into Scott's classroom, so this bit was a new (and highly serendipitous) piece of information. (I really liked later on when Allison described almost hitting a boy in the road and Scott was like, "That was me!" I don't know, it was just a fun, goofy moment between them.)

So yeah, armed with the knowledge of where that tree stump was, the three jumped out of their bathtubs (and Stiles flexed a little) and demanded to jump right into action. That's when they got some weird news.

They'd been dead for 16 hours! Uh, was that part of Deaton's plan, because that seems excessive. Good thing the Darach was in no particular hurry to make her final sacrifices, right? Anyway, in case you were wondering, 16 hours of constant exposure to cold water without blood flow did not end up desiccating or deteriorating our heroes' bodies in any way, so no harm done!

That was when they received a surprise visitor:

It was Ethan! (I'm pretty sure.) He wanted to help the gang help themselves help Derek not get killed by Kali. He just wanted to be helpful basically.

Back at the werewolf loft, Derek was still recovering from giving most of his mojo to Cora in order to save her life. But his deadline with Kali was drawing near and he seemed very apprehensive about having to fight her now that he wasn't an Alpha anymore. Luckily Peter Hale had some sage advice for him:

Typical Peter Hale.

Meanwhile the 'rents were still all tied up in that root cellar and considering it had been well over a day now, they were starting to get antsy:

These poor people. If they survived this they should all have a fun night out at Sizzler or Dave & Busters or something.

So then the gang at the veterinarian hospital split up and Lydia headed for the loft to go warn Derek that Kali was coming. Peter Hale was like, 'Hey you're a death sniffer, do you sniff death?' And her response was amazing.

"I feel like I'm standing in a graveyard." 

CHILLS. I loved this moment so much. Plus it proved sort of accurate!

Meanwhile these other three went to Allison's place so that the dog-boys could sniff Mr. Argent's personal items and better track him in the woods. Or something. I don't know why that was necessary now they knew where the stump was, but anyway, that's when they found out that Scott's FBI agent dad was VERY nosy and also NOT above breaking and entering in order to get the scoops.

Haha Isaac openly joked about being an orphan. [Sadface] But yeah, Agent McCall basically just wanted to know where everyone's parents were, which, fair enough. It was clear the kids had decided that involving the authorities was too much trouble, so they mostly just lied and made up stories about what was going on. And then Allison lit off a smoke bomb and they ran out. 

Teens!

Then Kali arrived at Derek's loft to murder him but he'd already hit the road leaving nothing behind but a faint whisper of Drakkar Noir and a cagey Lydia.

Fortunately for Lydia both of the twins had her back (because in this town being a good person is sometimes a sexually transmitted disease) and also because it wasn't long before the Darach showed up to GET WILD.

The Alphas immediately shifted into gear, as Alphas are wont to do.

But to her credit the Darach was super good at brawls!

Especially when she just dispensed with all the kick-flips and got down and dirty with some good old-fashioned ESP:

And THAT'S how Kali died. A thousand shards of glass right in the face. R.I.P. you nasty-footed weirdo!

But the Darach wasn't done murdering Alphas!

Aw no! And just when the twunks had turned good too.

Then the Darach needed to make a long distance call, specifically she needed a banshee to summon a hunk. So Lydia screamed and all the werewolves heard it, including the Hales who apparently had not yet left the city limits because they had stopped off at Wendy's maybe.

Lydia screaming was all it took for Derek to return to his loft. I guess he was cool with the idea of skipping town and letting all his friends fend for themselves and possibly allow their parents to be killed, but now that a girl he admittedly didn't know very well screamed super loud, that was just too much. He had to go back.

For her part the Darach really pled her case. Basically she really just wanted to kill THE DEMON WOLF, so she either required Derek as her bodyguard or else she'd just murder the three parents in order to get a little boost of energy. You know, like a little cup of espresso but with the murder of innocents.

Derek agreed to help her murder THE DEMON WOLF. But he was NOT happy about it. Derek had never been happy in his life, but especially not in this circumstance.

Then Stiles drove into a windstorm and crashed his car! But to be honest he looked very peaceful lying there behind the wheel, so I was happy for him to finally get some rest. 

Meanwhile Isaac and Allison found the stump and they ran into the basement just in time for it to start collapsing in on them!

But, you know, typical Isaac he held the ceiling up with his bare hands. Swoontown population everybody.

Oh, and by the way, the twins didn't actually die permanently. Their mega-body died, sure, but then it popped apart (with a really cute noise) and Lydia and Cora scooped up their hunky bodies and took them to the vet. That building should have a sign in the front that says "Hunk E.R." because that's where all the hunks go to be repaired! It is the town's most thriving business now.

So, okay, then we got to the title bout: THE DEMON WOLF vs. THE DARACH, each assisted by their boy apprentices.

The one thing that I love about this season and in particular this endgame was just how emotionally complicated it was. A lot of people I've talked to have mentioned that Season 3 has been confusing because of how many moving parts and relationships were at play, but personally I loved it. Our heroes had basically been caught up in a war between two seriously dickish villains and we the viewers have had to constantly change our minds about who we'd like to see win out. Obviously the Darach had an understandable grievance, but she lost a lot of sympathy when she went after the kids' parents. But then there was this dude:

I mean, get real. Nobody wants this nightmare creature hanging around town, throw him in a dumpster! So yeah, ideally we wanted BOTH of them to get killed at the same time, but the fact that Derek and Scott were now involved made things more complicated.

Derek sort of half-heartedly tried to fight THE DEMON WOLF but THE DEMON WOLF sort of tossed Derek off to the side a few times (as if he wasn't even interested in hurting Derek in the first place), and it wasn't long before THE DEMON WOLF had the Darach cornered. 

But then THE DEMON WOLF made the mistake of turning this opportunity into a teachable moment and tried to get Scott to deliver the fatal blow. Scott was obviously reluctant to murder anybody, even with the knowledge that at that very moment the Darach was collapsing the root cellar in on his mom (via a storm, because apparently strangling & slitting the throats of sacrifices was an optional thing). So that's when Scott changed the subject by busting out some of Allison's flash grenades!

Haha take THAT everybody! But wait, uh-oh, then this happened:

The lunar eclipse! Which was yellow! Because okay!

All the werewolves lost their power, which freaked Scott out because now they had to face this thing:

The Darach marched right into that warehouse with her gnarled head and cleavage and leather outfit (looking very Cenobite chic) and the whole thing was set to a weirdly heroic theme song. And that's when she grabbed THE DEMON WOLF and bashed his head nearly to pieces on the concrete.

But then Derek convinced her to, I guess, heal THE DEMON WOLF's blindness before he died so that he could get a good, long look at her real face. We all know the Darach is ALL ABOUT making her face the #1 topic of conversation, so of course she took Derek's suggestion.

But the joke was on her (well, all jokes were on her due to that face) because it turned out she'd used up too much of her go-go juice and now her magic was weaksauce.

Then Derek grabbed her roughly and she looked super butt-hurt about his betrayal and then she started tearing him UP sort of like that time Boyd and Cora tore him up in a basement and just sorta just had to take it.

Back in the collapsing pit, everybody was still trying to not get crushed to death. Fortunately a scrappy, secretly buff hunk with an aluminum bat saved the day! 

At first I was glad that Stiles arrived just in time, but then I was like, hey how did Stiles get down there without stairs? He must've scurried into a hole in the forest floor like a rascally potato bug. You know what, it's fine.

Then the lunar eclipse went away! Which meant the wolves could now heal and were super pissed and the Darach had no choice but to protect herself in a ring of magic.

But it was all building to this: Scott GOT REAL.

That's right, his eyes turned all red and he mustered the full strength of his True Alpha nature to hopefully and finally kill this lady. And you know what? He busted right on through that mountain ash! Because werewolf rules were meant to be werewolf broken.

Fortunately he didn't have to murder her because THE DEMON WOLF was on top of it.

Next thing we knew she was gurgling on the floor looking a mess. Goodbye you terrible demon wizard! And congratulations to Scott for being an official Alpha now! (But seriously, it looks like a sucky job, good luck.)

Then as the sun began to rise, Derek and Scott told THE DEMON WOLF to scram.

And I guess he was so touched to have been given his vision back that he saw the errors of his ways in having been such a bully and happily agreed to leave. Guys, I don't mean to be controversial but this was probably not the last we'll see of THE DEMON WOLF.

In case you were wondering, cell phone reception is VERY good in Beacon Hills: 

What a day!

So then an undetermined amount of time passed and everyone got back to life a little bit. I loved this moment: Allison alerted her father to the fact due to her group suicide, monsters would now be pouring into Beacon Hills like obese Midwesterners through a County Fair turnstile. They would need to arm up, in other words. 

Then she busted out her best French and rewrote the Argent Family code to something along the lines of "Protect those who can't protect themselves." Something fierce like that. And again, in French! Man, the Argents are cool.

Again, I wish the camera would've cut away to the ghost of Mrs. Argent just proudly spyin' on them from an air conditioning vent, all "That's m'girl." Oh well. Maybe in Season 3B.

Then we got a closing montage with a voiceover from Scott (speaking to Deaton) about what was happening with everyone and what the future held. Surprisingly enough Derek and Cora moved out of his loft! Where were they going? I'm guessing they were going to go somehow get accidentally entangled with international monster species that they could bring back to Beacon Hills. Or maybe go chill with their mom somewhere? No idea.

But yeah, this last little montage was really wonderful. Scott reiterated that the only pack he needed was his circle of friends, and we got brief glimpses of the kids looking like carefree teenagers again:

Oh, hey Danny!

And this got me. Because first of all, Isaac. But look how happy Allison looked. Even Scott had a goofy grin on his face when he saw his ex-girlfriend and bedmate palling around. I don't know, I guess I just love that this possible love triangle doesn't feel forced into angsty territory. Scott's pretty cool with two of his loved ones finding happiness together, and that makes me happy too.

But if we're being real, THIS will always be the main love story:

Yeah, I don't really need some kind of boring romance on this show. Almost nothing will compare to the subtle and great connection these two kids have with each other. As wild as the storytelling gets, as big as the cast swells, as much as events might keep these two apart, it all comes down to THIS friendship. Scott and Stiles' friendship is where the show began and IS the show basically. Man, I love these guys. 

Oh, but were you ready for this little teaser?

Scott casually mentioned in the voiceover that the Darach's body had disappeared. Which, WHOOPS? Maybe be more careful with the supposedly dead bodies of undead villains? But anyway she definitely survived her throat slashing and somehow dragged herself across town to the tree stump where she attempted to suckle one last gulp of magic. Unfortunately she was intercepted by and fully 100% murdered by a once and future CGI cartoon. 

And with this tease we got confirmation that Peter Hale was indeed scheming to steal back his Alpha status from Scott. Which was a pretty cool tease! On the other hand it was like, sure, Peter Hale. Scott just survived the dismantling of an entire pack of Alphas. Give it your best shot. (And again, being an Alpha seems very overrated at this point). But I am being honest, I am truly hoping for a return to Peter Hale's CGI beast form. Yes it was silly, but it was also terrifying and sometimes rubber masks just don't do the trick. (Let's not even bring up live wolves. Ugh, I'm so mad about that still.)

I can't even for a second dwell on the idea that this is (temporarily) goodbye. I just can't. I don't have the strenf. For me Teen Wolf Season 3 has been nothing less than savior of my summer. I can't remember the last show I've looked forward to week in and week out like this one. This season was ambitious and surprising and terrifying and confusing and arrestingly artful. But you knew these things already. We all did. I'll save the proselytizing for any unlucky soul who happens to cross my path for the foreseeable future.

Thank you all for hanging out with me, reading these recaps, and keeping the conversation going all these months. See you in January? Rhetorical question! See you in January.

QUESTIONS:

... Where is Derek going?

... Should this season have featured more romance or did you appreciate how back-burnered it all seemed?

... Which monster did you prefer: The Darach or The Kanima?

... Share these peanut butter cups with me?

IN CASE YOU MISSED THEM...

Teen Wolf S03E01 "Tattoo" Review: The Madness Continues
Teen Wolf S03E02 "Chaos Rising" Review: Random Access Memories
Teen Wolf S03E03 "Fireflies" Review: The Virgin Homicides
Teen Wolf S03E04 "Unleashed" Review: BEHOLD the Demonwolf!
Teen Wolf S03E05 "Frayed" Review: Big Time Sensuality
Teen Wolf S03E06 "Motel California" Review: Suicide Boys
Teen Wolf S03E07 "Currents" Review: Black Moth Super Pain Bro
Teen Wolf S03E08 "Visionary" Review: Ex-Men Origins
Teen Wolf S03E09 "The Girl Who Knew Too Much" Review: Kissing the Lipless
Teen Wolf S03E10 "The Overlooked" Review: Mistletoe Up!
Teen Wolf S03E11 "Alpha Pact" Review: The Trouble With Triples
Previous photo recaps

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/6/2016

Season 6 : Episode 4

Next Episode

AIRS ON 12/13/2016

Season 6 : Episode 5

749 Comments
Comments (749)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Ok. So who is counting down the days to the start of the new season next month?
Flag
I just don't like Scott's ability to cross the mountain ash but I'm attributing it to his Alpha creating good character I guess, still doesn't make sense to me but I'm gonna let it go, unless they try to explain it and the answer is b.s. than I might get a little annoyed.
Flag
Can't wait for the next season, but someone made a good point to me recently, why is it only the bad girls that die, STOP killing all the girls. Don't get me wrong I had a mild panic attack of my own on behalf of Danny and Ethan's relationship until the twins came back to life, but now they haven't killed Gerard or Demon Wolf, but they killed Kali, Kate, and Jennifer. Grrr I honestly only cared about Kate but it is becoming a trend that I don't like.

As for the love triangle don't hate it as much as I thought I would but it is early and I fear there is still time for them to make it terrible.

And Derek better be back right away like ep 13 or I don't know if I will survive. Derek and Stiles make the show for me, and Isaac is actually really growing on me I hope they do more with his character rather than have him tag along and be everyones whipping boy.
Flag
So. Who thinks they should have a special Halloween episode?
Flag
I like Allison and Isaac better as friends, and the same with her and Scott. Allison's a tough, knife-wielding, arrow-slinging badass who don't need no man! Scott and Isaac 4ever. And maybe Stiles too.
Flag
is there going to be a season 3B trailer?
Flag
Price. Dude. I don't know how you do it but you make a show that is already super fun to watch even more fun to read about. Mad props man. You make this awesome show even better.
Also i would love to share those brand name peanut butter cups with you.
Flag
So is anyone else just sadly reviewing these recaps in the absence of the show for another 3 months?
Flag
I love the bromances on this show!! Oh and really thought Stiles would make a Matrix-joke/comment on the dream/dead/afterlife sequence.
Flag
oh God Price.

Even if Scott is happy that two of the people he loves are happy together (lol) it still does not mean his FRIEND should go after his ex he still loves.

But I know you will love Isaac no matter what.
Flag
Great recap!
See you in January, Price...thanks for the abundance of good humor and sarcasm this season! :)
Flag
1. Where is Derek going? On a well-deserved family vacation with Cora to like, reconnect or something silly like that. "Hey sis, where've you been these last 6 years. No, really, where have you been?!"

2. Should this season have featured more romance or did you appreciate how back-burnered it all seemed? Keep it back-burnered, the show felt more natural this way.

3. Which monster did you prefer: The Darach or The Kanima? I really liked the Kanima, but then, I really liked Jackson and how he interacted with everyone while being the Kanima. The Darach only interacted with Derek and her victims.

4. Share these peanut butter cups with me? Yes, thank you. I love Resees. :D

Flag
Sadly, I loved this season so much only for it (just like last year) sadly do a stupid deus-ex-machine in the last second.

Why, why, why, why, W-H-Y did they have to do the stupid thing with Scott busting through the ash circle?
I was afraid of this since episode one of this season where it was clear they'll make Scott uber powerful. We don't need that. Scott has always used two things:
1)His heart that lets him gather people around him
2)His brain to pull the trick at the last minute

He doesn't need to become some super sayan.
If DEMON WOLF doesn't break ash circles why does Scott?

I'm not even getting into the Darach just stupidly standing there and letting him come at her or none of the wolves just toss stuff at her (hello, didn't we see DEMON WOLF do it in the previous episode to the vet's sister?)

I mean the whole episode was rather confusing in general, for one thing why didn't the Darach just kill the parents? If having all 12 sacrifices would have made her stronger than DEMON WOLF why not wait? Isn't that a safer bet than the lunar eclipse?

And why is tossing glass shards at Kali is enough to kill her? Again, aren't werewolves healing from that stuff all the time? Plus if she is telekinetic, why didn't she use that against DEMON WOLF? And she always manages to somehow disappear and reappear in places why didn't she do that instead of the stupid ash circle?

Heck, and what was the point of Derek and Scott letting DEMON WOLF go? I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he still DEMON WOLF? The eclipse is over, he has his power and didn't the Darach just give him his sight back? Did she de-alpha him or something? Never mentioned at all... Shouldn't he be the one letting THEM go?

I loved the packed action, loved the constant switching between villains and I have to agree with Price that the idea of them shifting our opinion of who is the worse villain was the best thing all season long.

Also love the setting for the next half, especially with the Sheriff now in the know-how. But not loving Peter as the main villain. I mean we know Scott won't die. The thing that made this season interesting was that we weren't sure which of the two villains would be gone (or both). Scott vs Peter is just too obvious.

P.S
Do the Argents even know he is alive yet? They made a point to show he is hiding from them, but how long will that last?

I'm hoping Teen Wolf won't miss the obvious potential of Allison finding that out and then wondering if she can bring her mother back to life.

More+
Flag
I didn't find Scott breaking the circle to be too much of a problem. As I've posted a few times, I think there is a good argument that it isn't just a question of raw power but rather the nature of a true alpha (will, purity, and power) that let him break the circle (the DW would be more raw powerful but wouldn't have a true alpha's will or purity).

I agree it would have been easier though for the 3 of them to just hurtle tires at her until they knocked her out of the circle.

She didn't finish the sacrifice earlier because she had made a deal with Derek to not sacrifice the parents if he helped her. It was only after he refused ("I am a predator not a killer") that she decided to continue.

I assumed she used the ash circle because she would have never encountered a true alpha (they come along only once in a century or so) and thought the circle would protect her long enough to complete the last sacrifice and the circle requires minimal power (as opposed to teleporting or whatever she does) so she could keep her power to finish the DM.

I agree that they should have done a better job with showing the glass shards tearing Kali's head apart (or at least off). Glass in the face isn't otherwise lethal I would have thought.

Not sure what happened with the DM (is he still a DM?). I am starting to get a bit unhappy about the show's unwillingness to kill off villains. None of them even bothered to confirm the Darach was dead and that after she was previously left for dead and came back (and when at least Scott knows Gramps was also left for dead and is still alive).

I am not sure Peter is the big bad for 3b, although he'll likely be one of them.

I suspect the werewolf "back to life" card would only apply in extraordinary circumstances (former alpha, having a link to a banshee, not yet decomposed, autumn moon etc.). But who knows.

More +
Flag
Scott breaking the circle isn't a "problem" because this show never established any law what so ever and thus don't bother to be consistent.
Which is a shame since it would be far better if it did.

The question isn't why didn't she kill them (because of the deal with Derek) but rather why make the deal in the first place? If she claims to be strong enough to take out DEMON WOLF then why would she need Derek to begin with? Heck, she made a deal with Derek when she poisoned Cora and should have been busy kidnapping the parents to ever talk to Derek. How did she know that Cora was healed?!?

More importantly, since she didn't kill the parents or made any more sacrifices, how come she had enough power to kill Kali and the twins when last episode she was totally on the run from them. Heck, the best she could do was just push Kali a bit in the elevator(and her eyes turned white, which they never did this episode) but now she is total kickass?

I agree about the show keeping all villains alive (or reviving them) is getting a bit annoying (Well, technically Matt is still dead). According to the interview with the cast on the finale summary, they seem to confirm that Jennifer is at least dead.

Peter said that resurrecting him required the blood moon which happens every 50 years or something like that. It wouldn't bother me that they can't resurrect Mrs.Argent. It would bother me if Allison won't even discuss it.

More +
Flag
Fair enough. What I meant was that Scott being able to break the circle didn't seem inconsistent with what we know so far about circles and alphas. That being said, there were easier ways to deal with the situation (just throw a few tires to knock her out of the circle or break it).

I assume she made the deal for a few reasons. First, although she was willing to kill she wasn't doing it for fun or for power just for the sake of power. So if she could win without killing the last 3 she was prepared to do that. Second, if she killed the last 3 she'd have to worry about at least Scott, Stiles and Alison coming after her. If she knows anything about what's been happening in town that is not a trio you'd want to take on if you could avoid it. Why take that risk (or have to kill the 3 of them too) unless it is absolutely necessary? Finally, she may have actually liked Derek (what's not to like?) and wanted him to join her. Which was less likely if she killed off his friends parents. Had Derek not kill blocked her she would have succeeded without the sacrifices.

She should have killed the DM though when she had the chance. The whole, "I'll heal your eyes so you can see what you did to me" was very 1980's James Bond Supervillain. And stupid. He killed his own pack. He ordered Kali to kill her in order to join his alpha pack. Why would he suddenly feel bad just because she looks like crap?When you have a chance to kill your enemies take it and don't pause to bask in the moment.

Matt is dead but he was killed by another villain. Ditto for Jennifer. I am worried about a hero in a supernatural show who is incapable of killing the "big bads" (let alone the regular "little bads"). I suppose on a certain level it is consistent with his personality, his fight against his wolf nature in the first couple seasons, and the fact that most people don't just become killers overnight because it's convenient for the plot. But I have a hard time seeing how it is sustainable given he has no other options but let crazy killers go free (there is no Gotham jail or phantom zone available).

I take your point re: Alison. It could also play into the "darkness" from their being dead (although that could also give rise to some interesting issues around being closer to the dead).
More +
Flag
B-a-n-e, I guess I'm a bit more jaded about people and their intentions; lets chock it up to decades of life experience. But its cool, and you might be right. Anyway, the Darach is now toast, thanks to Peter and his awesomely evil sensibilities.
Flag
Hey WildPict - it won't let me reply to your post so I'm putting it here.

I don't think she was going to sacrifice Derek. What she meant by him replacing the last 3 sacrifices was that with his help she thought she could kill the DM - without needing the last 3 sacrifices. If she was able to kill the DM without going through with the sacrifices then she was prepared to do that.

She had to keep the parents in danger in order to continue to pressure Derek to help her and as a backup in case her plan with Derek failed (which it did). Of course, she was a serial killer so she could have been lying, but it would have also been consistent (with her focus on vengeance) for her to have ended the storm and let them go as soon as the DM was dead.

I agree that they did establish her vanity so her conduct was not completely out of character. It was foolish but not unrealistic.
Flag
What really bothered me about Jennifer's deal with Derek is that she claimed Derek could replace the 3 guardians with Derek. Why would Derek believe that only one sacrifice could take the place of 3? All of the sacrifices followed a specific numeric order. Not only that, but Derek asked for no proof that the guardians were even still alive. I guess her ability to charm she gained from the virgins' sacrifice allowed her to charm Derek into believing her offer.

But even when she thought she had Derek on her side, she was still using the currents to bury the parents alive. That's why I think she was using Derek to help her keep Scott busy while she dealt with Deucalion.

As to Jennifer healing Deucalion instead of just killing him. It had been well-established that she was very vain. The one thing she was worried about was that Derek thought that her scarred look was her true face. She was also very narcissistic, everything was all about her. She had no problem killing innocent people just so she could get her revenge. Derek realized that and used it against her. Instead of killing Deucalion quickly and setting the parents free (who were being saved at that moment by Isaac) she wanted Deucalion to see what he had done to her, how he had destroyed her life. That's textbook narcissism.
More +
Flag
... Where is Derek going? I don't care about the destination as much as I do that he's going to get answers about where Cora has been for six years. My big concern is that now that Kane has been cast on Reign, that we'll never get a fully flushed out story about Cora. When Derek gets back, he better come back with some really good stories to flash back too.
... Should this season have featured more romance or did you appreciate how back-burnered it all seemed? NO! I love that it got away from the romance - especially Allison and Scott. Those two have absolutely rocked this season while single. I really am not rooting for Allison and Isaac, because Allison is just awesome on her own. Besides, I love Scott and Isaac's relationship and want absolutely no tension there. There is plenty of outside pressure coming at them, they don't need anything more.
... Which monster did you prefer: The Darach or The Kanima? Darach. Because really, the Kanima wasn't the monster, the masters were. But, if you were to ask me: Kanima Masters vs Darach, then I'd go with the masters because we had more Michael Hogan on my TV screen. I love to hate Gerard!
... Share these peanut butter cups with me? Of course, love it! Actually, let's make a milkshake out them - YUM!
More+
Flag
Totally agree with the Derek / Cora trip and the relationship stuff I like everyone single, romance gets in the way of everyone being awesome.
Flag

Thanks, Price, for your great recaps! TW wouldn't be the same without them. It's so much fun to participate in your enthusiasm for this show. You always have me cracking up.

I was really happy that the real climax was in 3-11 and we got kind ouf a denouement in 3-12. If they had put a "to be continued" there, I would have spontaneously combusted. I can't barely stand the thought of having to wait until January as it is, with an open end my head would have imploded.

TW addicted much? Like you, I haven't experienced such a great time with a television series in a long time. Usually, I accumulate episodes from TV shows but not with TW. With it I have to watch every week.

-I had the same question in my mind. Where the hell are Kora and Derek going? Hopefully, someone redecorates the loft in their absence. In that kind of surroundings I'd only get even more depressed.

I'm hoping they are on a secret mission. Or they just need some R and R. Where do werewolves go for vacation?

-Romance? Whatever for? TW is absolutely perfect as it is concentrating on the friendships between the characters. Although I wouldn't mind if Scott's mother and Stiles' Dad would hook up. They are really cute together and it would be kind of funny if they'd tied the knot. Just imagine a household with Stiles, Scott and Isaac under the same roof!

-Definitely the Kanima. Only because it was someone from the circle of friends and not a total stranger. The Darach was pretty bad ass and totally messed up. The Kanima wasn't bad to the core just being instrumentalized by some wackos.

-To be honest, I've never eaten a peanut butter cup. Just the thought of it, gives me intestinal cramps. ^^

I could offer you a slice from my delicious "Streusel cake" with plums. It's yummi!

By the way… Allison's French has got the worst accent ever! *LOL* I'm usually fluent, but I had to rewind endlessly until I got the sentence she uttered right. It was really cute, though, that she expressed the new code in the "old" language of the Argent family.

More+
Flag
I literally don't know what to do with my life now this season is done... so amazing! Marathoned all 3 seasons the last 2 weeks and I want more!!
Flag
Honestly it wasn't as good as I had thought it would be. I absolutely loved episode 11. It's the best thing I've seen in a LONG time. It came with all these amazing little cliffhangers and the Stiles-Lydia kiss. And then I started watching the next one expecting it to just DESTROY any hope of anything I watch ever again being good. But it didn't meet my expectations. Hell it didn't come CLOSE to my expectations.
Don't get me wrong. I was still happy with it.
But then they did things that just kind of made me dissapointed. I really wanted Stiles, Scott and Allison to save their parents. I wanted everyone to be reunited. I was really happy with the whole Derek and Scott being on different sides. It was emotional and you could see the bond they had been making for the past three seasons. I am half glad and half anguished at the end.
I was so happy that Scott had this kind of agreeable attitude about Allison and Isaac, I smiled when Danny and that twin (I still don't know which one's which!) were together and I was just overjoyed that you got to remember that the show had started with just Scott and Stiles. But then the camera turned and focused on Lydia and that other twin and I thought "Shouldn't something be different here? Shouldn't Lydia turn him down and kind of glance at Stiles or SOMETHING?" I wanted them to have some sort of different feeling. Like Lydia might start to realise she had feelings for him or everytime they glanced at each other they would REMEMBER what had happened. Even if it was passed off as some sort of rescuing his life type thing.
JUST HURRY UP AND RELEASE 3A!!!
By the way I was still estatic about this episode it's just one of my pet peeves about these type of shows... :/
More+
Flag
I am completely in awe of this show. IN AWE.
Flag
Also, I was hoping the season would end with Scott finally watching Star Wars. Ok, maybe that's just me.
Flag
Okay I think Peter was totaling holding out on where the root cellar was! My guess is the whole dying and coming back to life removed the mind block.
Flag
TW got some great fans.. Even though the finale had gotten leaked, it pulled in the third highest rating of the season other than the first two episodes, I love this show! And hope is has 10 Effin seasons lol
Flag
10 Seasons and a Movie. :)
Flag
I don't think they could fit all their amazing story lines into a single movie. Maybe they could do a Kill Bill: to be continued...............
Flag
New study from University of Veterinary Medicine in Vienna on wolf packs says "Our data suggest that howling is not a simple stress response to being separated from close associates but instead may be used more flexibly to maintain contact and perhaps to aid in being reunited with allies." TW writers already knew this!
Flag
Total dislike. This whole so called "review" is one huge pile of bs.
Flag
You're welcome to never come back to our photo recaps ever again!
Flag
Price is a bit more enthusiastic then I would be, but it is part of his charm. Don't be a hater or a troll.
Flag
He does leave out stuff, like the man of vision line Scott and Derek said to Deucalion.. And some important stuff! to where if you came here to find out what happened in each episode, you would miss a good part.. Of it. But they are funny af.. . Lol :P
Flag
i don't get why scott, stiles, and allison had to "die" anymore. at first they seem to explain that it would be to serve as replacement sacrifices for their parents. IF that was the case, shouldn't mrs. blake/darach had full powers for the finale like she was working up to all season long? - therefore not needing derek's help or having any trouble whatsoever killing the demon wolf. why was she still talking about/threatening to kill the parents? Shouldn't she had been aware of the new magic that tree stump thing was embedded with when the teens did their group suicide sacrifice ritual?

then at some point, the suggestion is they had to 'die' to find out more about the location of the tree stump to only still need to pick up parents' scents and whatnot to find it?

cool finale but this was bugging me.
Flag
If I remembered (and understood) well Scott, Stiles and Allison served their purpose.
The Durach Killed 3 virgins, 3 teatchers and the last 3 were the guardians (our heroes mother and fathers) but in the end she didn't tried to kill them, she just kept them under the roots as she didn't need it anymore (because of Scott, Stiles and Allison "death").
And I thing that the demon's wolf (or maybe Derek) said that she was too weak and maybe she needed to sacrifice 12 persons and not 9.
But maybe I missed 3 sacrifices?
Flag
Scott, Stiles, and Alison were just symbolic sacrifices. They weren't actually replacements for the parents and did not give the Darach her full power (when she creates the ash circle near the end she refers to the last sacrifice - of the parents when the storm collapses the cellar - as being all she needs to have the power to destroy the DM regardless of the lunar eclipse being over).

Our 3 heroes are linked to their parents which is what let the symbolic sacrifice work. The point of the symbolic sacrifice was to establish a connection between our 3 heroes and the tree, which would let them figure out where it was so they could rescue their parents.

All three of them were necessary for the symbolic sacrifice in order to mirror the 3 parents who were to be the actual sacrifice (otherwise it would have been good enough to just sacrifice 1 of them to figure out where the tree was).
Flag
I don't know why I couldn't answer to your post below then I answer here...
Ok I missed some things during my watch. I was too much into it :D.
I'll watch it again later but I understand better thanks. And to bad for her then. Next time she won't forget her sacrifices... Oops she is dead!! Too bad the actress is pretty!
Flag
Ah ok.
Then why did't she killed the parents before engaging the battle?
Flag
I think she was using the eclipse to enhance the sacrifice. She was using the storm/currents to collapse the cellar and bury them alive (asphyxiate them). At no point did she stop that from happening, even when she thought Derek was on her side. So I think she was lying to Derek the whole time.
Flag
She told Derek she would let them live if he supported her in the battle. It is only after he refuses to kill the DM ("I'm a predator not a killer") that she needs to the sacrifices to give her the power to finish the DM herself.
Flag
i don't know which i will miss more, the series or these recaps :))
Flag
I loved this finale, I almost felt that it was a goodbye, terrified that Derek would never come back! There was nothing about this finale that i didn't appreciate, though questions like:

what was the whole built up with the mistletoe

and does this mean neither Stydia nor Sterek happen?

What did happen during the 6(11?) years that Cora disappeared?

Does Danny know the truth?

Does the Twunks killing Boyd doesn't matter anymore?

(will we ever get to see Stiles shirtless or getting laid?)

But Yes the ending was perfect especially how it was Scott and Stiles in the beginning and now at the end, may their bromance never end! I would be heartbroken if it did, on that note anyone notice the chemistry between Mama McCall and Papa Stillinksi?

Flag
Those all seem like good questions. . . but the main one I've been dwelling on is, "When do we see Stiles shirtless?!" Preferably in the locker room. And preferably Danny will comment on his surprisingly hot bod. ;) Ok, I should get to bed before I daydream an entire fan fiction!
Flag
He is in maze runner, here s to hoping there is a shirtless scene there!
Flag
I'm going to wildly speculate in a blatantly inappropriate way, and say we probably will never see a shirtless Stiles, because Dylan O'Brien likely wouldn't want to have to wax or shave his chest in order to remain believable as a teenager. But keep dreaming, my friend! :)
Flag
Hmm, guess that's a possibility. On the other hand, I prefer my men NOT to look like teens when I'm oggling them, so no "teen grooming" necessary as far as I'm concerned. :)
Flag
Where is Derek going? Well he better go back to show cause he's my idol and my favorite, I don't believe I can live in a world without him call me a weirdo but that's the one person I look up to. Romance was okay I like Alisson and Isaac but as people they can rely on. Got to go with the Kanima because we saw him fight everyone. I'm a loner have been my whole life so I would share a Reese's buttercup with you but only one.
Flag
Any love in the forum for the idea of a spin-off? From a pure numbers perspective Season 3a seems to have pulled in the best ratings so far and Teen Wolf is apparently the 2nd highest rated scripted show on the network.

After only 3 seasons is the show established enough for a spin-off to even be a remotely viable idea or do the show runners and writers need to stay focussed on the original for a couple more years while they transition into full season mode?

The jump to a full season is great. "Season" 3a was really solid and I think they were surprisingly smart to use the mini sacrifice to turn the Nematon into a "beacon". Plotting isn't always this show's strong suit so creating a "hellmouth" and making it our main 3 character's "fault" (thus giving them a stake in the consequences) was unusually clever and provides a great foundation to open up the potential for new stories going forward.

That being said while waiting until January is 1000 times better than waiting until next summer, it is still painful. A spin-off with a limited run of episodes (similar to seasons 1 and 2) would fit really nicely in the middle and give us Teen Wolf (or a variation) basically all year long.

Is that heaven or am I just greedy (or both)?

Who could you see in a spin-off? Some of the more obvious (and maybe less obvious) choices could be:

a) Derek and Cora (this might have worked even better if they had kept Boyd and Erica around); there seem to be a pretty solid contingent of Derek lovers who I assume would follow him into a spin-off, he would get out from under Scott's shadow (in a show about Scott it's inevitable) and he could probably target a slightly more adult demographic (and stop hanging out with a bunch of teenagers which is a bit creepy);

b) Jackson - he is already out of the show but he has a pretty limited role on Arrow so far. He was a fan favourite during his run and is a sufficiently conflicted character to base a spin-off around (a bit like Klaus in TVD);

c) The Argents - they could essentially be a somewhat more mellow version of the Winchesters. Alison has come into her own this Season and I could see her and her father anchoring a spin-off (maybe with creepy grampa in the mix). There could be a bit of a Buffy / Angel vide - will we ever see Scott and Alison back together. It might actually make the Scott / Alison connection even more compelling;

d) Some other random character(s) - Peter, the DM, the twins, Greenberg?

e) A cartoon (Price could put his passions together)?

Thoughts?
More+
Flag
I feel as if Jeff Davis should introduce actual witches on the TV show and do a spinoff called Teen Witch (to parody the 1980s movie called Teen Witch).
Flag
I think a spin-off would be awesome, but I would need it to be a secondary character because I love how the main cast interacts with each other. And, call me a hopeless romantic, but I do eventually want to see Allison and Scott together. Really they are too young to last forever if they started dating again now, but give them 5 - 7 years of life experience (with and without other people) and they could be a really great couple. I would love to see the show end that way. Even though I would never want to see the show end! I do like the idea of Jackson. He's alive, he's in London, they could even name it after THAT 80's movie! (or 70's? not entirely sure). I know Colton Haynes had several reasons for leaving the show, and I personally think that he was originally going to die at the end of 3A, but his own show?? How could he turn that down?!
Flag
I need Stiles and Derek in one show otherwise my poor heart will break.
I think my biggest problem with a potential TW spin off would be that one of the biggest strength of this show are the connections built between the characters. and for a spin off you would need to cut these ties and create new ones on 2 different shows. and that could bite them in the ass if any of the main characters left. and if they try to make a spin of with side line character, they may not have big enough a pull. so I think it would be a bad idea
Flag
While I am a major fan of both Derek and Stiles, and would love to see more of iether of them - together or on their own - in anything, I'm not sure a spin-off would be a great idea.
I don't believe they work in the majority of cases (I know here have been some that were successful). People make the mistake of believing that if a program has a great (fan-bloody-tastic in this case) dynamic that a spin-off will have the same success. But if you remove a single element (or two) from that support structure it often falters. And I would hate to see anyone from TW fail.
Flag
This episode was like the conclusion of a series for me! I loved the scary demon wolf's comment about 'brother against brother', it felt like the first time Derek and Scott were actually in line, even though they were essentially on different sides, they were finally trying to protect each other. Everyone forgot to mention the fact that Derek actually used his head to defeat the Darack rather than running in fighting! He finally made the sacrifices that were right. He has learned that he doesn't need to be a killer in order to be powerful. He might have left for now but I think he will come back in order to defeat Peter. Maybe a few eps in! I can't be bothered with that Issac allison thing; I love that Scott has accepted it but why did Allison and Scott even break up in the first place? If I remember right it was for absolutely no reason whatsoever lol! Epic moments from this ep:

The whole white room scene at the beginning with everyone realising how connected they are to each other
The twins coming over to our side,
'Scream for me'
Sheriff Stilinsky grabbing Issac to save him from the falling debris,
Stiles saving the day with his bat (Scott's mum's bat),
Stiles n Sheriff Stiles reunion,
Little grasp of a wrist from Melissa onto Sheriff Stiles,
Issac holding up the beam ('Is it just me or is this room getting smaller?!')
Derek trying to be the guardian sacrifice in place of the parents
The demon wolf ACTUALLY being quite the stuff of nightmares
Scott's transition: 'I'm an Alpha now'
Derek and Scott standing together to make the decision to let the Alpha go
Peter actually doing something

So... basically the whole episode!!! :)

More+
Flag
I'm pretty sure Allison and Scott broke up because Scott is a werewolf and Allison is a werewolf hunter her family are werewolf hunters and her life became a big giant mess because of that conflict. I'm sure she blames him at least somewhat for all of it. So, I think she and Isaac is kind of dumb because she's just going back to that same place, although I will say circumstances are different now. And who doesn't fall for the hot guy who worships the ground you walk on?
Flag
That little bit of buff Stiles might just manage to tide me over until January.
What a brilliant show Teen Wolf has morphed (geddit?) into over the three seasons. Every element of the show is brilliant from its genuinely unique stories to characters that have managed to avoid falling into the trap of the cliched high school personalities... and the boys lads. Always important.
Oh January you are too far away.
Flag
Amazing recap, especially the piece in the beginning! I completely agree, I started watching Season 1 simply out of summer boredom and got through 1 and 2 in a matter of days, but even then I couldn't imagine season 3 being so... Good? I absolutely love the atypical writing decisions made this season, like I could so imagine Scott going down the whole 'but how could you, you're my first love!!!!!' route with the whole Isaac and Allison thing (and he still might, but somehow I doubt it). Or the character developments in general, how Derek actually turned out to be SUCH A PERFECT FIT FOR A BETA to Scott's alpha, or how Stiles is somehow the biggest hero when he started out as the goofy sidekick who talked too much. I just loved it all this season- the parents, Isaac sticking around and being a more vital part with each episode, the twins' conflict with the Alphas vs. well... their own interests. It seemed like there weren't any irritating characters at all, whereas I could say I didn't really enjoy Boyd and Erica in season 2 (sorry guys)

And can I just say, Darach = Best villain on the show to date. Complicated motives, complicated relationship with Derek, the introduction of the Druids in general... I'm like a lovesick puppy with this show, I love it so much and I'm really glad there's a 3B happening.
More+
Flag
Price - Thank you for your awesome recaps! I only wish this show's writers (as well as the folks responsible for the special effects budget) were as talented as you!
Flag
I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but EW reported some of Jeff Davis's comments about Season 3B, including hints about where Derek's off to: here.

The relevant answer to Derek:

“He’s gone for a specific reason and he’s gone to a specific place. The reasons why come out in the first three episodes [of the second half of the season]. It’s a fun story. So he’s got some secrets that he needs to deal with and some questions as well. Derek’s story…I like to talk about Derek’s arc in 3A as one of endurance. Derek is the kind of guy who can endure. He will always endure. He can take any kind of pain punishment and torture and survive. And that’s kind of his biggest superpower. And now that he has, has he learned how to become a hero. I’ve said before, Scott needs to learn how to become a true Alpha and Derek has to learn how to become a true hero.”
Flag
1 back to new york ( spin off )
2 no becuz 3B is all about the lovin
3 love them both but if I had to the Darach ( always been a Scooby-Doo fan )
4 o god yes yes o god yes
Flag

I keep posting on here, it's cuz I have alot to say! I'm a writer I can't help it it's what I do! lol Anyway I was one of the people as the reviewer stated who thought that the show would be shit when it first started. I remember seeing a trailer for it and I thought "WTF? Teen Wolf like the friggin 80's movie is going to be a series now? Will the main character turn into a wolf during a high school basketball game, and the crowd will, cringe!, KEEP CHEERING? wait it's on MTV too? NEVER going to watch this Twilight the series bullshit!" OK I also want to say that I had never watched a a show on MTV, and other than TW I never will watch another. But it seemed everywhere I went, from various friends houses, and anywhere online people were talking about it. Finally at a friend's house the tv was on in the background, and I sat down on the couch cuz it caught my interest, I thought from the way it looked it was a horror film on that didn't look familiar to me. There were these bunch of teenagers stuck in a high school at night while a killer was stalking them. I watched about ten minutes give or take of it, and than it went to both commercial and my complete and utter shock to revealing that it was indeed as you all know episode 7 of TW, it was indeed a WTF? moment, I honestly thought it was a movie.

I than recalled having a similar WTF? moment years back one night I was randomly changing channels and came across what I thought was going to be another really stupid movie from the 90's and it turned out to be the first episode of a series, and that was Buffy the Vampire Slayer. As the show started I almost changed the channel but I had to know at least how that stupid movie would look as an equally maybe even more stupid tv show, and ended up not missing an episode of one of my all time favorite tv shows for seven seasons! So I decided I would give Teen Wolf a chance, and check out the first episode and than the second and so on, I had never misjudged a tv show like this before. Right away I saw comparisons to BTVS, the characters especially: Scott and Buffy the heroes, their best friends Xander/Stiles, the popular snobby bitches Cordelia/Lydia, the love interests who just come into their lives Angel/Allison. Add to that what would be a season long story arc, which I don't think had been done before Buffy, at least not on any show I have heard of. BTVS really inspired alot of how tv shows are today, and not just revamping, no pun intended, the genre of horror tv shows, but made itself a genre of a combo of horror, action, comedy, drama, and romance.It inspired the return of badass female main characters on tv shows, and it spawned many other series, but none were ever as good or successful as Buffy, if anyone recalls Jessica Alba in James Cameron's "Dark Angel" I loved that show too, I also love Jessica Alba, she will be mine, but it only lasted two seasons. I actually found out later that Joss Whedon , the creator of BTVS, was the writer of the movie as well. His original script and idea for the film was for it to be dark and actually serious like the series, but the studio said no way can a movie with a title like that be allowed to be serious. I have to say as a writer myself I can't imagine how much it must suck to write a screenplay, no easy thing!, and to have nobody take you seriously. On top of all that be forced to change the entire concept and script! I can't blame him for going along with nor call him a sellout, as an up and coming writer he had to earn a paycheck if he wanted to do things like have a home to live in, and eat. But hey a few years later he ended up creating something that changed the way television series work. Before BVTS I was used to watching another all time favorite show The X Files, which had an ongoing story line from the beginning and a couple of arc episodes a year, I was used to that. If there was one thing that I thought might get the series canceled during the first season was I couldn't imagine several seasons of the S1 villain shaking his fist and basically yelling ly "Damn foiled again!" hey it was the first season. So when it actually concluded the season arc I was completely shocked, the final itself was unlike anything I had seen before. Here is a quick parellel of TW and BVTS: BVTS season 1 as Buffy walks to the final confrontation, and TW season 2 as the final fight against the Kanima starts, both shows play their theme music and made it look badass! I imagine that viewers of Teen wolf most likely watch at least one or more of the other shows that I watch, in my experience I have noticed that we genre fans usually like the same things, and that covers sci fi and fantasy. I want anyone who reads this to think about those shows and how many of them do season long storylines? Off the top of my head with shows airing now True Blood and Dexter. Teen Wolf to me has reminded me of how much I loved and looked forward to watching Buffy. Jeff Davis has really created something innovated and I am glad it;s doing well enough to have earned 24 episodes as their third season and while the wait to January will be long and arduous, but not nearly as bad as having to wait til next June.

This review as really great and made me laugh, especially Lydia's face after "R U effing with me right now?" as well as the group when one of twins came in "Which one are you?" which is exactly what I thought. So far I haven't noticed anyone comment yet, although I'm sure someone has, on how brilliant Jeff Davis designed the opening credits and it's clues to the season's arc. From the first image of Scott literally rising off the ground, I'm actually glad he didn't actually levitate in the show, just saying, that of course represented his rise to becoming a true alpha. The rest of the images: The many hands from the top of the screen, with the one at the bottom reaching out of the ground, which was the Nematon Tree image of Lydia's drawing upside down being the roots of the tree. Derek and Scott's tattoos, while Derek's really had no part of the story, it was Scott's simple big stripe, little stripe that I think were like the rings on the Nematon tree stump. If I recall correctly for every ring you see on a tree stump means a year in how old the tree was, and look how frigging big the Nematon tree stump was. Being an ancient sacred meeting place for celtic druids it makes sense. The two faces of Lydia screaming, which like many had theorized meant what Lydia is, which we now know is a Banshee. As I wrote below I reall hope she gets more powers that allow her to defend herself! And finally the Nematon tree itself, well I believe I covered that.

OK that's about it, if you read this far thank you for reading it. I didn't intend to write this much, but than again I never do whenever I write something, like I said it's what I do!
More+
Flag
Derek's tattoo, which symbolizes the three statuses of werewolves, Omega, Beta, Alpha, pretty much shows what he went through this season.

I'm the weird BTVS fan who liked the movie. But then it was rare to find a young, cool, kick-ass female protagonist in those days, so I liked the movie for making that concept feasible.

But I'm with you on not watching the first episodes of TW because of what the movie was like. That is one of the very few werewolf movies I regretted paying money to see.
Flag
Yes, the opening credits! So cool to discover that. And I totally thought the 'Which one are you' as well (and I'm still not sure, but oh well)
Flag
"Night School," what an excellent episode to stumble into! Teen Wolf was certainly the joke of all its pre-release press, and I can't blame them. It sounded horrible. A supernatural monster TV show with a cast of Twilight rejects. I first watched it expecting it to be entertainingly awful and was shocked and elated that it was as amazing as it was. I've since spent my days converting new viewers. I'm thinking about starting a mission, with pamphlets and everything.
Flag
One thing I feel I need to bring up is that I don't get why people are talking like Allison and Isaac are in a committed relationship, and Scott is ok with it. Ok yeah I get that's where it might be going because of the quick glances and Isaac following Allison around like a puppy, or in this case a wolf cub lol As for the tub thing, sure Deaton said that someone who had a connection to the three had to be there, but I think Scott was ok with it being Isaac being Allison's connection cuz it needed to be done. And just to be clear, if Allison and Isaac are together when 3b starts than I'm ok with it. Maybe what I said doesn't make sense, but honestly I would rather Allison and Scott get back together rather than there be a triangle and have Scott and Isaac's friendship ruined cuz I don't think he will be ok with them together very long. Who knows maybe they will have Scott be with someone else, but unless they change the opening credits there is a reason why Scott is the one kissing Allison right before she pulls her bow back. What I don't want to happen is for Isaac to die and that is the only way that Allison, gets back with Scott, I hate when tv shows do that.
More+
Flag
I think the idea in the bathtub buddy scene was Scott becoming aware of that being a possibility. And they play it perfectly because it's maybe the first time it's kind of acknowledged between Scott and Allison that, that part of their relationship could be done for real. They're also adult enough to realize they've got bigger problems to deal with in the immediate future, so there is that. I think going forward, Allison and Isaac are going to see if they could be a thing and Scott will be open to a new relationship. On both of their ends though, I think there will be a few twinges just because of history. It doesn't mean they want to get back together or that they want the other one to stay single. It just means their time together meant a great deal to both of them, but they've moved on.
Flag
That is a very reasonable and logical comment, it has made me reassess how things have progressed for Scott and Allison. Like the reviewer said they put the romance on the back burner, and honestly it's not really one of the main reasons I watch the show for anyway, but I commented on it. And I realize that perhaps you are right, they really only touched on their relationship early on and since than they have grown up as well as grown apart
Flag
I think they've shifted the focus a lot, for the better. I'm enjoying them as a group over all. And they gave a lot more time to Scott and Stiles. Those two reaffirm my belief that soul mates aren't necessarily romantic. Plus, I liked Scott's moment with Lydia. If she becomes his Girl Friday, that would be great. Both girls were real standouts this season. And I can't say enough about the parents. The only weak character was Derek. Too many bananas things in his life. Plus he became the poster child for truly gross manpain. I'm hoping they can course correct with him though.
Flag
Hey this is from an interview from Jeff Davis himself!

"Not only will Lydia (Holland Roden) hone her banshee skills becoming a hero in her own right in the second half of season three — Jeff relates her journey of discovery to X-Men and other superheroes — but she’ll also spend quite a bit of time with public enemy no. 1, Peter!
“You’re going to find out a lot of secrets about their relationship, what Peter’s bite actually meant for Lydia, and how they’re connected,” Jeff reveals. “There’s a lot left to explore there. … Right now, we’re breaking an episode that deals with their relationship head on, and I think fans aregoing to love it.”

Hell yeah it looks like what we both thought and wanted to happen with Lydia is gonna come true!
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
When you say Scott's moment with Lydia are you referring to episode at the school when she tells him she wants to stay and help maybe save people instead of finding them dead? I'm pretty sure you are and I'm pretty sure I mentioned that in another posting myself so I'm glad someone else mentioned it. I too think that both Allison and Lydia as well as Melissa really stood out this season, I wrote a long comment about the three women of TW this year. Well there was four if you count Cora but I really only talked about the three characters who have been there since the beginning. I do agree that Melissa and Sheriff Stilinski and Mr Argent, were really great this year, and I am really glad that the sheriff finally got clued in to the supernatural world. I feel like with the sheriff now aware of everything, Scott's pack that includes his friends, and their parents, including his own is now complete. So when the show starts up again they will have they will have the backing of the Sheriff, a weapons specialist, and a nurse and all 3 will contribute and help out in their own way and I know personally I have been waiting for that. One of the many things that really makes TW standout since the beginning it has been the inclusion of the three parents as actual characters involved in their kids lives, something not seldom seen in this genre.
More +
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
-- intensive psycho therapy hopefully?

-- No, I liked how traditional romance was not the focus. They just got to interact as people would. In those situations, who would have time, really?

-- I thought they were both good bad guys in theory, but both executions were clunky. We never get a good reason why following Big D around was so awesome. And Jennifer Blake was good until she revealed herself as such a completely narcissistic, clueless asshole. She was more concerned with her looks than the actual betrayal. And came across like she thought murdering children (mostly) was completely fine because they messed up her mug.

-- mmmmm.....peanut butter!
Flag

This episode was a wild ride!My first impression was that most of the loose ends were tied up neatly and two major good-guy plans, Scott’s (& pack) and Derek’s plans went off very well and the 2 bad-guy plans were foiled (yaaayyy!)However, I have two really big issues:

1.The sacrifices followed a 5-fold Celtic knot; 4 out of the 5 sets of three sacrifices were completed (virgins, warriors, healers, philosophers).4 x 3 = 12.The fifth set of sacrifices, the guardians, was barely foiled in time (asphyxiation from being buried alive due to Jennifer “using the currents” to cave in the root cellar); that’s 15 planned sacrifices.There would even have been some collateral damage due to Allison, Isaac and Stiles trying to save the “Guardians” and being caught in the root cellar “cave in”.So why was everyone saying that the Darach had killed only 9 innocents?What, none of the script writers had a calculator?They’re like $7.00 from Wal-mart.

2.The mountain ash defense not being more clearly explained by Deaton, Ms. Morrell or Deucalion, especially with respect to the True Alpha mythos.I know from personal research (over many years) that mystical defensive circles protect against evil; they also depend on the one who cast the circle’s belief in the defensive circle’s ability to defend against evil.Since werewolves are cursed by the mark of the beast, they’re considered evil.Ordinarily a werewolf would not be able to pass the barrier, especially an Alpha, since they have stolen their power from a former (and dead) pack leader.And since a True Alpha can become an Alpha from only an extreme force of will, and not the murder of another Alpha, they’re not as evil as the other Alphas.So it would be possible to pass through a defensive circle with that force of will.I get it.But this ability should’ve been explained earlier in the season. Please release the DVDs with some type of explanation in the extras.

Okay, now that I’ve gotten those two pet-peeves out of the way, just have to ask if some of those who are commenting on this show saw the same one I did.How come there are posts saying the guardians (the parents) had never been intended as sacrifices since they weren’t killed or in danger.They, and their rescuers were being endangered by Jennifer’s manipulation of the currents (Deucalion’s claim) and Scott forced her to stop it.Yes, Stiles’ bat kept part of the roof from crushing them right before the storm was stopped, but if Jennifer had not stopped the storm, that bat would not have been enough to save all of the parents and rescue party.

I also don’t understand the confusion about Scott’s (& pack’s) plan.The whole “Deucalion is not always blind”, the use of the flash arrows, using Deucalion as bait for the Darach, all of these elements had been coming together throughout the season.Why is anyone surprised he used any of these elements to defeat Deucalion, or that he used Deucalion to lure Jennifer towards the barn (?), and give his friends time to find and save their parents?That was clearly explained while all of them were together and Isaac was letting Scott know that he was seriously worried about Scott going with DW.That’s what I thought really highlighted how much Scott has grown into a leader.He pooled all of “his pack’s” and his knowledge and resources to formulate a decent plan that worked well.

Derek’s plan was the one that surprised me; it actually showed insight and forethought.At first I could not believe that he was falling for Jennifer’s little act, and was sure he was going backwards in his personal development.But when he used her vanity and arrogance to heal Deucalion’s eyes just to drain her power, that was freakin’ awesome!

What I did NOT like was both Scott and Derek letting Deucalion go, and it had better bite them in the @$$ next season!That was so wrong on just about every level!Yes, Jennifer killed innocent people in revenge for what had happened to her.And Deucalion did what he did because Gerard didn’t want peace between the hunters and packs.But nothing justifies the cold-blooded murder of anyone.

More+
Flag
I was questioning the math from the time that Alison showed Scott the map in Chris' office, the numbers seemed off.

I have thought that the mountain ash, as described by Deaton to Stiles last season, protects against the supernatural not just werewolves (because it trapped the kanima too, who wasn't yet a werewolf) but never mind that the druids may or may not be supernatural themselves. And whether or not that they are good or evil, just that they are outside nature. The reason most even Alphas can't cross it isn't because they are evil, but they are supernatural and their Alpha ability comes from the supernatural transmission of one Alpha to another (which isn't always by murder, because I doubt Laura Hale killed her mother). Scott can cross it because while supernatural, his Alpha strength is actually entirely a naturally borne growth of his supernatural ability. It wasn't and won't ever likely be easy for him to cross those lines but he can use his natural strength and will, which is what propelled him to be an Alpha, to cross. It might be why some guys coming after our Beacon Hills crew might not really be bad guys, but maybe other druids or hunters who think that having an Alpha werewolf, even one that is entirely good and who has never spilled human blood and likely never will, who humans cannot ever protect themselves from is potentially very dangerous. Say, for instance, he is being controlled by someone (like maybe his original Alpha....) or what if this is an ability that can be passed down if and when he determines he is going to make someone a werewolf (like say Danny is dying...) and what if with that burst of power, Danny becomes (and I know this is horrible) but evil even for a brief time (Isaac was kind of a jerk initially too but now he is our little puppy who is just a bit braver and more sure of himself than when he was a human, Danny is totally a alpha human male already, what if he gets that rush of power). So, someone might want to eliminate the possibility and just remove Scott from the equation.
More +
Flag

Oh, one more thing…he’s baaaack!!!

OMG, I’m so glad that the bad@$$ Peter I love so well is back!!!He’s such a perfect villain, gorgeous, suave, well-spoken, gorgeous, cut, gorgeous…oops, I’m repeating myself.

Anyway, when I saw him give wet, grungy, slashed Jennifer the final death stroke, I whooped with joy.Now that’s what an Alpha werewolf does with a beaten foe!Not simply slash a throat and walk away without confirming the kill.That’s my Peter!!!

Flag
TW may be using the mythos of the mountain ash as a defense against all supernatural creatures, but most ancient lore uses mystical defenses such as circles specifically against evil creatures; there are specific defenses against specific supernatural creatures, regardless of their nature. When the mountain ash was first used, I figured that the writers were using the Celtic mythos, since they're using Druidic lore as the basis for the emissaries role.

I do consider the kanema an evil creature since it is brought about by a bite from a werewolf, which means that the victim has been cursed. It's just that the curse was twisted even further.
Flag
I like the schooling idea, but at the same time I think the series should stick with specializes in certain areas to keep the whole group useful. If Scott becomes good at using weapons and has werewolf powers he might make hunters like Chris or Allison a bit less useful.

Characters could learn from Chris and Deaton that some should excel in some subjects than others to keep it balanced. For example have Stiles who really studies the lore excel druid training, while say Scott and Isaac who have supernatural muscle could benefit combat training to help against opponents stronger than them.
Flag
Tell me about it, I would love some weapons training with Chris Argent! It would go so well with my martial arts training. :D
Flag
I know about the whole circles thing and that might be the form that the mountain ash has to take, but the mountain ash itself is just kind of generically anti supernatural. I bet there are other things in Deaton's jars that would go to more specific evil or other creatures. Like that might be what he gives to Alison and Stiles next season just to have.
Flag
I think Deaton needs to give every human member of the high school pack (including Danny) a quick Druid 101 lesson in supernatural self-defense.
Flag
Yeah, I was boggled by their just letting Deucalion go, too. Also,the way they did it was just, huh? Like, we'll be watching you, mister! and that was it.

I do think there are a LOT more loose ends, though.

* What was Deucalion ominously referring to when he said Derek would get to know him just like his mother did? They implied some dark, scary secret there.

* Where the heck had Cora been all that time? How did she survive the fire?

* Did Deucalion suddenly regain a measure of humanity when he got his sight back? Was that actually why they just randomly let the guy go, or did we miss something? Was he suddenly really weak without his alpha-betas, and no longer The Demon Woooooolf?

* What happened with Stiles being determined to ask Derek about Paige? Was there a purpose in having him mention that with a very serious expression to Cora?

* Was Harris some kind of druid, and did he know more about that supernatural world all along? Just how much help did he give to Jennifer? Did he commit any of the murders for her?

* What was the purpose of the attack at the motel and trying to get them to commit suicide? They weren't one of the sacrificial groups, as we know now. Was it to target Ethan, and the others were collateral werewolf damage, or what?

* Was gramps telling the truth, that Deucalion was around in the 70s, was an alpha then too, and bit that Argent dude?

* And most of all: WHY on earth did resurrecting a long dead Peter only make Derek weak for a few hours, but healing Cora drained his power so much he actually leveled down to a beta?

I can speculate about a lot of those, but that's not the same as being satisfied by having them answered in the text of the show.
More +
Flag
I'm surprised Cora's past wasn't explained this half of season 3. It was suspicious that the Alphas found her when Derek, Laura, and Peter thought she died. I was half expecting her to be on the Alpha pack's side originally, but too much is against that idea at this point. Maybe the next half of season 3 will go into what Cora did between the fire and being abducted by the Alphas.
Flag
I thought she was a plant by the Alphas too. But its nice to know I was wrong on such a "too obvious" concept.
Flag
There were great opportunities to build suspense about her return, I agree! If they do go into what happened to her between the fire and getting abducted, it won't be at all meaningful, though, because she's not even coming back to the show. They've completely missed their chance at it-- or a chance to get the maximum impact out of it, anyway. Anything in 3B will just be an information dump, without the character there to provide any emotional context. But hey, they got themselves a few more pretty white boys out of 3A, so I guess that's all that matters. (Noooo, I'm not grumpy about the wasted opportunities at all.)
Flag
If scheduling for her show is good maybe she will come back a guest star for an episode. Cora kind of felt like a Erica replacement who also left the show for something else.
Flag
I guess I meant the loose ends for the plans dealing with Deucalion and Jennifer. There are still a lot of questions I have from the very first season, which still have not been answered. But if you recall, when Lydia resurrected Peter, she also used wolf's bane and moonlight from the "worm moon" reflected by a mirror. I have a feeling that Peter know a way Derek could have revived Cora without losing his power, he just wanted Derek to lose his Alpha status, possibly back to him.
Flag
Is it January yet? ;(

Flag
Oh don't say that, I have some cute fall only appropriate clothes to wear!
Flag
Scott and Stiles's friendship is one of the most amazingly written AND acted relationships on TV these days. And the fact that those two are besties in real life as well, oh man, it just adds so much more weight to their scenes!! Dylan & Posey forever yo

Flag
Really, Price? You seriously JUST found out that Stiles is a closeted hottie? C'mon!
Flag
"Yeah, I don't really need some kind of boring romance on this show. Almost nothing will compare to the subtle and great connection these two kids have with each other. As wild as the storytelling gets, as big as the cast swells, as much as events might keep these two apart, it all comes down to THIS friendship. Scott and Stiles' friendship is where the show began and IS the show basically. Man, I love these guys." Price Peterson, 2013
What is there else to say?
... Derek is going to Miami OR Tibet.
... I was absolutely happy with "back-burnered" romance this season. It came off very normal, authentic and natural and didn't shift the focus away from the fast action. Well done!
... The Kanima! But it's a close one. The Darach's motives were clearer and made more sense but as a whole I prefer the creepyness of the Kanima.
... Just hand them out already!
Flag
Any SFF fans out there? Brandon Sanderson's series "The Stormlight Archive", includes an order of Knights Radiant known as the "Windrunners".

Their second ideal? "We will protect those who cannot protect themselves". So I fully expect Allison and Daddy Argent to be running on walls and reversing the pull of gravity in season 3b.
Flag
1- I don't know, but I suppose that he'll hide until he recovers himself completely from healing Cora and then he will go back to Scott to help him with some creature that we're certain it will be coming to Beacon Hills. Maybe he will Scott's beta?

2- I think I'm going with 'yes', because ok, this season has been amazing with all of this darkness but now and then I would've appreciated to see a remaining piece of love, a place peaceful and safe for our babies.

3- Tough one. It's inevitable to think about the kanima and Jackson as well, so maybe I would say the darach.

4- I don't like peanut butter, maybe Nutella :)

Now I wan to share my thoughts on what may come next:

- Peter will be an alpha again (I didn't think the how yet) and Deucalion will come back to help Scott and Derek beating him.

- Jackson will be back for just a glimpse by the end of the season (I say this because Holland Roden said (by the beginning of this season) that Lydia will be recovering herself from Jackson and she'll think she has until something happens by the end of the season that will show her that maybe she's not over Jackson yet).

- I just have the feeling that Isaac is going to die at some point :S (and maybe Ethan or both twins as well) (and Cora, I don't like her so much)

I would like to know what do you think about my theories :)
More+
Flag
Hmmm, Nutella.
So you basically say all the support characters may die at some point? Yes, that might be very realistic to expect.lol Do you think Isaac is especially endangered because of the relationship with Allison or just a pure gut feeling? I think he is more safe than f.e. the twins or Carol.
Maybe Deucalion AND Jackson come back to help them against Peter Hale?
Flag
Who's Carol? :P

I think Isaac will die at some point basing it on (I don't know how it's said, sorry) a general pattern of male secondary characters who are in love with his best friend's girl but they're too honorable to do something with her and in the end they sacrifice theirselves for that girl or their best friend. Like Jacob on Twilight, like Damon on TVD, like many others characters with a tragic end by those causes... do you know what I mean? Isaac is (or will be) in love with his best friend/alpha's girl but he won't do anything because he respects Scott and finally they will come to a situation of danger where he will give his life for her or him, you'll see xD

I don't know if Jackson will briefly appear (I just have the feeling he will), but I have an stronger feeling that Deucalion will help them in the end. What would be the point of letting him alive/free otherwise? On this kind of tv shows/movies everything happens for a reason (or not, hahaha, but mostly it does).
Flag
Cora, I meant Cora, I don't know no Carol, I swear!
Interesting: they build up Isaac as an extremely likeable character in order to sacrifice him for achieving max. emotional punch to the audience and Scott and Allison alike. Sounds... reasonable? But on the other hand, like you wrote, other shows have done that too much already... so I think(hope-I like Isaac) that they skip it OR they change it by killing... Allison? What would that do to her father?
Flag
Actually, your theory may have crossed my mind coz honestly, thats the best way to go. Imagine the drama it will cause.. But im an Isaac fan through and through so i'd prefer him alive. Thats why i'm pushing it aside. I hope it wont happen.
Flag
Your theory about Isaac is very un-Teen Wolf like. And dont ever put Isaac in the same statement as Damon and Jacob please. He's wayyyyy coooooler than both of them.
Flag
Hahahaha, I know I know, I just wanted to give an example. And TW has dived in teenager-ish plot's patterns already (it has been going down gradually since S1 though) and is there a better way to lionize a character than getting him killed to save someone else (especially if he/she's a main and loved character)?
Flag
Thank you and your funny recaps week after week. Hope to see you in fall. Will you photorecap The Vampire Diaries season 5?
Flag
1. Probably to get mixed up with other members of the Argent bestiary, which will eventually draw him back to Beacon Hills, because there's no way Derek is actually leaving this show. Sorry, Jeff Davis - his death fake-outs don't fool us, and neither do his leaving-town fake-outs.
2. Well, of course I want a romance for Stiles (though neither with Lydia nor Derek - I'm gonna be weird here and say that I've always envisioned him with Danny or Isaac), but otherwise, yes, I am glad to see the romance kept low-key, focusing more on personal growth, action, murder and mayhem, and moral ambiguity.
3. I loved the complexity of choice presented to our heroes by the Kanima, but the Darach had the advantage of being able to take the microphone and explain her own perspective, and I love it when villains do that. (And as to the whole controversy around her obsession with her face, I think her face is supposed to be symbolic of the total loss of identity that she suffered by Kali's betrayal. She wasn't just ripped to pieces on the day Kali turned against her - she lost her pack, her power, her place in the world, and her best friend/possible lover. When she talked to Derek about the loss of her original face back in episode 10, she seemed to me to be talking about looking in the mirror and not knowing who you are anymore, seeing not just ugliness but an actual monster looking back at you, and knowing that the monster is there through no fault of your own and that it's not going away. The mutilation that the Darach suffered went much deeper than her skin, and though she might put on a simulacrum of beauty again, she seemed aware that Ms. Blake's face still wasn't her real one - a fact that seemed to me to make her bitter.)
4. Sorry - Vanima91 does not share peanut butter cups!
More+
Flag
I just wanna give a shout out (Do you say it like that? I´m not a native speaker.) to Price Peterson. Every episode of this awesome show is just made so much more enjoyable still by these recaps. Price, you´re always absolutely hillarious and especially this week you have outdone yourself!
Flag
1) May be in London to pay a visit to Jackson
2) I'm not the biggest fan of TV romance, so no.
3) The Darach

Flag
And Jackson will be like..no dude.. just cause our eyes are blue..doesn't mean I'm not loving it over here in Starling City...

You know they wrote a great season without Colton Haynes.. so HA! NI don't see how Jackson would've fit into any of that. I don't think he thought of anyone but himself (and maybe Lydia)... it would've been interesting to see the twunks cream his butt..

Yes I'm still bitter he left the show lol
Flag
"it would've been interesting to see the twunks cream his butt." Well, that's just an unfortunate turn of phrase there.
Flag
lmao.. I stand by my phrasing :)
Flag
What an amazing opening scene, it was just great, the decision to keep the scene silent and with no dialogue was a brilliant move that made that scene, right into the characters watching their former selves all the more beautiful.

Questions:
1. Hopefully, somewhere fun with his sister for a little family vacay!
2. I always like it better when the drama, horror, action and just plain awesome storytelling and intelligent dialogue with characte development over a romance or love triangle (*cough* The Vampire Diaries *cough*)
3. I sort of liked Jackson being around, but I loved the more indepth look at druid lore and the deep personal connection to the main characters that the Darach had (kidnapping their parents). It made all the stakes higher for the characters and I love what the characters had to do to find them.
4. Yes, of course.

I mentioned how much I loved what the characters had to do to find their parents and I appreciate that they have created a reason that all these supernatural things will come to Beacon Hills. When Deaton said it would become a beacon again, I thought, they are turning Beacon Hills into a Hellmouth.

I liked Peter as a sort of sidelined-wisecracking-adviser type instead of the villian, because honestly I want him to stick around, but oh well he wants power so I guess we will have to accept that.

Waiting til January is going to be hard, do you think Jeff Davis will release little fun facts or spoiler tidbits in the weeks leading up to the winter season like he did this one?

More+
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members