A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Teen Wolf S03E14: "More Bad Than Good"

It is no secret that 100% of monsters on teen dramas are meant to be metaphors. Like, duh, guys, come on. Ever since Buffy had it ratified into law that teenage life is basically just one big horror show, all monsters on TV are just riffs on what it's like to be a teenager. Urges, uncontrollable emotions, surprising powers, loneliness. Monsters are just Teenagers 101. Personally I have never super related to any of the monsters... Until this week on Teen Wolf. The were-coyote is my jam! I just really related to its particular story. Much like the were-coyote I also sleep in a cave on a pile of garbage, and like the were-coyote I haven't bathed in eight years. You know? I think there is probably a little bit of were-coyote in all of us, but especially the part where we run around high schools growling at people who gank our stuff. This were-coyote is a VERY powerful metaphor for my life and also a literal representation of my life. Nailed it, Teen Wolf. Thank you.

Oh, right, this week's episode of Teen Wolf. There was a new episode of Teen Wolf this week! "More Bad Than Good" was More Good Than Bad. Frankly almost none of it was bad, I guess, but it did feel sliiiightly inconsequential. But that's probably just because its main point was to introduce a new character without actually moving tons of story forward. Which is fine, they can't all be mile-a-minute pulse zappers. We should probably just appreciate this laid-back, comfortable vibe of the early season before things start turning into a breathless rollercoast to hell later on. So we shall!

Anyway, whoops I'm also burying the lede here because SHELLEY HENNIG! Shelley Hennig is on the show now, you guys! Sure, call it Stockholm Syndrome or just call it ME HAVING GOOD TASTE, but I really and truly enjoyed The Secret Circle a few years back. I mean I photo recapped the whole dang season. But it seemed like most of the (very appealing and talented) cast had gone on to other things but I just hadn't seen Hennig in much since then, which was surprising given her talent and personality and face. But man is it sincerely special to see TSC overlap with TEEN WOLF like this. I felt like I willed this to happen with my brain? Oh man, I'm just so happy. 

Anyway, let's talk about this episode!

We picked up where last week's episode left off: With a couple of shirtless Hales writhing around in a basement with a chainlink fence in it! (Exclamation point but also question mark?)

But I was not correct last week about who exactly was torturing them! Which is fine by me I like to be wrong. In this case the Hales were being menaced and tortured for answers by what appeared to be a Mexican version of the Fratelli gang from The Goonies!

They had a chainsaw, they had an ornamental blade, they had a mean old lady asking questions about a "she wolf." It was just a lot to deal with in my opinion.

And then the old lady cut off Peter Hale's finger!

That was very disgusting. So all in all, the Hale situation was still very strange so far! 

Speaking of strange, Scott and Stiles were still all hanging out in the woods exploring The Legend of the Coyote Woman like a couple of supernatural Hardy Boys. 

After going through the coyote's junk they realized that the coyote was definitely 100% the missing girl and the missing girl was definitely the coyote. That's called a were-coyote I believe but I'm not a scientist and I will never be a scientist.

Anyway, because the boys' brains were still broken, Scott had a super bad hallucination in which he saw himself eating a lady!

Now as far as I know werewolves can occasionally develop a fondness for murder, but so far they haven't turned into actual carnivores right? Which, do werewolves eat in general? Did I block this part out of my memory? When they turn into wolves do they feed? I can't remember. Anyway, Scott did not like the idea that someday he'd be in the woods eating a girl off of a rock and that seemed fair.

Meanwhile that grieving father who also plays the grieving Father on The Originals (because every show that I like is connected somehow) came out to the woods and was finally convinced that his family was eaten by a coyote after all. But because he had no reason to believe that monsters were real, he assumed that the coyote that had been living with his daughter's blankie had been the coyote that ate his family rather than just being straight-up his daughter. That's called dramatic conflict in my opinion.

Meanwhile Scott's dad was still a super jerk.

Ugh, Scott's dad.

Then the coyote woman ran up and growled at THE WHOLE CITY! That coyote was very mad at everybody for ruining her cave. I get that way too whenever meddling teens break into my home and steal my blankie and plastic doll also. Again, i just really related to this character a lot.

Meanwhile at school, the new girl Kira's dad was still being a professional embarrassment to her right in front of Scott! Like this scene where Kira admitted she'd done several hours of research on Tibetan dream states for Scott and then her dad walked over and spilled the beans about how she had a crush on him or something.

Haha I like this subplot. Making Kira such an awkward mess is a very good and efficient way to make me care about her (and root for her). But I have a feeling it's a misdirect and Kira's dad is like a bizarro version of Allison's dad and he has a scheme to ensnare Scott or something. I don't know! But either way Scott will probably be getting a shirtless hug out of it, so good for him he deserves it.

Meanwhile Stiles was still having trouble reading or even knowing whether he was awake or not. This part with the letters melting off the page while he was supposed to read to the class was a MAJOR nightmare. 

But I found it especially touching when Scott immediately spotted the signs of Stiles having brain problems and helped him to the bathroom and tried to talk him down from his freakout. Scott is such a good friend sometimes.

Aw, these poor guys. But this part was important because it explained why the gang decided to focus on a supposedly irrelevant adventure this week. In trying to solve the case of the coyote woman they were allowing themselves to focus on something productive and it helped their brains heal. Or something? Maybe I just made that up? No I'm pretty sure that's what this episode was about. It was about getting results!

Anyway, then the lady coyote ran around in the high school growling at Kira.

The coyote was very angry! It jumped through a window and everything! But then Scott ran in and tipped over a locker onto the coyote and it ran away. That's when they discovered why it had been tracking Kira.

It wanted the plastic doll that had been in Scott's backpack, and which Kira had been carrying because she wanted an excuse to, like, brush elbows with Scott again. Ugh, that shot of the doll peeking through the tear in his bag. Yiiiiikes.

So then the Hales were suddenly rescued by a familiar face who arrived at the house and shot everybody!

Well, not super familiar. I mean you might remember her as the lady who had saved Isaac in the Season 3 opener. It had seemed like she died in that episode, but nope! Now she had a scar. Also she was some kind of mercenary for hire and Deucalion had sent her to save the Hales, which, okay. Fine. Whoever she is, I like her. I mean she just walked into that basement and spent a good long beat just ogling the Hales before freeing them. That was definitely a good Save the Cat moment for her.

Meanwhile at Deaton's office the gang borrowed some animal tranquilizers (for the lady coyote) and Stiles hassled Isaac for wearing a scarf in warm weather.

Oh, you two! I'm sure there will be some reveal that Isaac's scarf contains the soul of his dead sister or something, so back off Stiles. Anyway, at this point it became clear what Scott needed to do.

He was going to roar at the were-coyote until it turned human again! That is because clearly the girl had been stuck in a coyote form and didn't know how to turn back and an Alpha's roar can make a lady coyote turn but Scott was afraid of using his Alpha powers and needed a pair of Alpha hunks to whip him into shape.

Hey it was Aiden and Ethan! They punched Scott in the face so many times it started looking like beef stroganoff. 

So yeah, just for the record if you want to get in touch with your Alpha werewolf side, just let a couple of twin hunks beat you up VERY badly. It had something to do with control, who knows. Oh, but we did also learn the reason why Peter Hale turned into a CGI monster in Season 1: Because he'd lost track of his humanity and that became reflected in his wolfman side. Good to know! (But seriously please bring back that monster form, it was the best.)

Meanwhile Allison was having some brain issues of her own and they were disgusting!

Grosssss. That was not an appetizing dream sequence AT ALL. Personally it was so gross that I had to put down the entrails I'd been snacking on and just wait until the scene was over. Also when Allison snapped out of it she was about to MURDER Isaac!

That is an especially weird curse that Allison's dealing with: Whenever she passes out she wakes up pointing a weapon at her friends. I know my friends always hate it when I do that so I felt for Allison here. 

This was so good, though:

Oh man, I'm seriously impressed at how elegantly this show shut down its central romance and still made me invested in its new spin-offs. If you didn't feel something during this brief moment then I am so, so sorry. Isaac and Allison are adorable. I mean yes obviously Isaac and Scott are going to end up together but this still feels very cute and heartfelt.

Meanwhile that grieving dad was still SO mad at that coyote, so he bought all of the coyote traps in town and put them all over the woods. Sheriff Stilinski was NOT happy about this.

So then all of the gang was suddenly in the woods stepping on coyote traps but also trying to find that coyote girl. I love when a group plan comes together, especially plans involving capturing coyote girls and screaming at them until they become regular girls again. But yeah like I said Isaac just immediately got stuck in a trap. Poor Isaac! It's like not an episode until Isaac is in terrible agony.

Isaac screamed so loud that Scott fell off his motorbike. I'm sorry but that was the best. Scott's friend was hurting and he fell off his bike because of it!

Anyway, Stiles realized that the whole time the coyote had been just trying to get its doll back because the doll had belonged to the coyote's dead sister. This was a real revelation to him.

And just when it looked like the sad dad was about to blow his daughter's head clean off, Allison stepped up!

And she did it! She tranq'd that guy like A BOSS. (But also LOL at Allison shooting human beings with tranquilizer darts. What a weird show this is!)

Unfortunately then Lydia went and stepped delicately into a coyote trap. 

You know, firmly enough to activate the trap but lightly enough as to not actually make it snap shut. Then it turned into this weird Hurt Locker scenario where Stiles had to deactivate the trap by reading the instructions except he couldn't read!

Lydia gave him a heartfelt speech about how wonderful Stiles was with or without reading instruction manuals and it was seriously moving. Yeah, part of it is because theirs is a very slow-burn romance, but in my opinion it's getting even deeper than that. They're clearly becoming very good friends and kindred spirits and the level of emotion Lydia expressed here suggested she sees him almost like a family member or something. I don't know. Anyway, they're really bonded now that he saved her from a coyote trap!

Aw, remember in Season 1 when Stiles had this huge crush on Lydia all the time? I feel like that's not really the driving force behind their interactions anymore and the show feels way richer for it.

So anyway, then Scott had a final showdown with the lady coyote:

And he did it! He roared at the coyote!

And he did it so well that Isaac tingled in his loins and everybody heard it from all over the woods.

And that's when the were-coyote morphed into a naked teenage girl! And not just ANY naked teenage girl, it was one of the naked teenage girls from the late, great The Secret Circle!

Ugh, so good. I honestly felt super emotional seeing Shelley Hennig on my TV screen again. She was really very wonderful on TSC and I'm seriously so excited to see how she'll factor into Beacon Hills this season. She has such a cool, beguiling, open-hearted presence and I feel like the show will really benefit from that type of lady. We'll see!

Anyway, this Malia lady hadn't been human in 8 years, so her reunion with her father was admittedly strange!

But it all worked out in the end. And credit where credit's due: Sheriff Stilinski had had a good feeling about this cold case when he looked into it again, and look what he got done! He gave a father back his daughter and also maybe found a new love interest for his son? Pretty good situation. I really hope he discovers a ton more monsters in the future!

Meanwhile the Hales put on shirts and then found a crate full of mountain ash. Buried inside was some kind of thing:

What was it? Probably just some kind of thing that the Mexican Fratellis had bought at Cost Plus World Market, or maybe it was important to the story, who knows. Probably. Who can predict these things?

Then a mysterious figure ripped a tiny tree out of the Nematon and a bunch of fireflies (light bees) flew out of a crack!

And look what the swarms turned into!

Uh oh, this was probably not good. More monsters! But what kind of monsters? Druid ghosts? The sky is truly the limit when it comes to monsters that are comprised of fireflies. But anyway, yes, this show continues to be filled to the brim with nightmare imagery and this is right up there with the time Colton Haynes had a snake go in his mouth. Get back in that stump, firefly jerks!

Guys, I am tempted to say that this episode felt like a practice round of sorts. Just still getting us acclimated to the new characters and situations and whatnot. Like, the were-coyote plotline felt compelling from a thematic standpoint and also it promised to set up a new lead character maybe? Like maybe Malia will become so instrumental to the show in later seasons that this episode will just seem more and more important in retrospect? But it did feel very one-off, like a lot of early episodes tend to. Not necessarily must-see. But again, setup has to happen somehow and right now Teen Wolf is introducing some crazy things. Bring 'em on, show.

Oh, and since the 'scenes from next week' montage is now buried at the end of a basically unwatchable new Teen Wolf talk show (sorry for saying it's unwatchable BUT IT IS), for your convenience I found a clip from next week's episode. PLEASE ENJOY:

QUESTIONS

... Have you ever stolen something from a were-coyote?

... What's Allison's dad up to?

... Were those Mexican Fratelli's looking for Derek's sister or somebody else?

... What is the Kira-Scott shipper name and do you approve of it?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/8/2016

Season 5 : Episode 20

462 Comments
Comments (462)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I came here expecting Price to be flipping out about this being one of the best episodes of Teen Wolf yet. Boy was I surprised! I thought there was a great deal packed into one episode. We had character bonding, scary moments, heroes overcoming their obstacles, and an emotional resolution as payoff. I thought it was fantastic. It also introduced new elements to this season's evolving mystery, which is as inscrutable as it always is by the just the second episode.
Flag
I like how the cops immediately returned the feral child to her obviously mentally unstable father and everyone was like 'Hooray, happy ending!'. Yeah, I don't see that ending so well guys! Don't they know that actor only plays psychos?!

And I did not appreciate how everyone started to insinuate that Isaac was pointless and unnecessary. Don't be killing him off now or we're done, Teen Wolf!! Did not appreciate that at all. But do pls make him ditch the scarves, thanks.

Hey there, Pizzana!!
Flag
PIZZANA
Flag
Do you think the character that will not be in the next season is Stiles' Jeep.
It fits the hints: main character, it's in the opening credits and we have all come to love it
Flag
Haha, my favorite photo this week: "How many is this genuinely asking". Hahaha, poor Scott. Shelly Hennig was the best on The Secret Circle. What an awesome actress. I want her to get high on witch drugs again. I'm rooting for her and Isaac. Or Isaac and Scott. Or Isaac and Allison. Or Isaac and the twunks. Can they all just share Isaac? Hey, that reminds me! I missed Danny again this week!
Flag
I really do not like Kira one bit!
Flag
An idea about the fireflies so spoiler if youhhaven't watched above episode and this is related to info we saw in those misleading trailers...and an unfortunate TVd connection. Then are going to try and double and takeover our main trio lives and Allison is going to be the one chosen because Scott can't be mimicked and Allison has the fighting skills that might be appealing and the demons would be too arrogant to think Stiles might be smarter than them so the two join as one to become that force behind the mask and the other tries to take over Allison which is why Chris may have to kill his daughter.
Flag
Everything is Pizzana. I actually had a TSC dream last night and it hurt me deeply that that show isnt on tv anymore. It was getting so good dammit!! ugh. But I digress. I'm happy Queen Shelley in on TW. Lets hope they give her a good role.
Flag
so did anyone else notice that the symbol on the wood that the girl pulled out of the mountain ash was the same symbol on derek's back? the symbol for his hale pack?
Flag
This may be a dumb question but did Lydia become a banshee as a result of being bitten by Peter?
Flag
yup. She was bitten, and did not heal or turn into a werewolf, she became a banshee instead. the origins of werewolves and the exact practicality of it is a bit iffy, though.
Flag
I guess they can turn anyone into anything as a result of being bitten/scratched by a werewolf? Jackson became the kanima so it seems like anything goes...
Flag
Jackson became the kanima because of his issues with being adopted. He didn't think anyone really loved him, and thus he didn't think he could love anyone else. So when Lydia confessed that she did, in fact, love him, he accepted that and was able to rise above whatever mental issues were blocking him from actually wolfing out. Now Lydia is a bit of a different case. They touched on it a bit in an ep in 3A, that she is just a "Girl who [knows] too much". But she is also apparently/probably immune. So the side effects of a werewolf bite are different. Think about what happened to Paige (Derek's first gf). Young Derek got an alpha to bite her, but she couldn't handle it and died. Lydia did not die, nor did she become a werewolf. Now, she may be immune, but she could've also become what she is as a result of the spell/ritual that Peter Hale cursed her with. (I'm using curse as a loose term here, but it seems apt). Peter ensured his survival by using his bite of Lydia (somehow) to form a mental/psychic connection with her and coax her into resurrecting him. So who know what would've happened if someone like Kali had bitten Lydia. She may have simply died. The origins and mythology of supernatural beings aren't spelled out in specific detail in this show, however you get my drift. Supernatural creatures become those things for a reason, and the results for each character are related to them in specific ways.
More +
Flag
I understand what you're saying... This is why I think anyone could become anything. I guess we're lucky, after all Isaac has been through, that he actually turned into a wolf and not some kind of monster. Whatever a person's personality or mental issues they have seem to dictate if they'll turn into a werewolf or not. And as you pointed out, some can not survive the bite.
Flag
Great recap as always! Why do I have this strange feeling that this is going to be a "Dream Season" like in Dallas with Pam and Bobby. (God where did that come from... I'm so old...)
Scott-

Flag
Is it just me, or is Peter getting hotter and hotter every season. Been re-watching the show and I say, wow, form where he was in Season 1 to now, he has really cleaned up and shaped up. Hot-mess.
Flag
It is not your imagination, Peter is smokin' hot!!
Flag
I love your reviews, Price! While reading, I'm kind of an inward laugher, but "PLS STICK 2 THE RIVERS & THE LAKES THAT UR USED 2" made me laugh out loud so hard and for so long... That's wzup.
Flag
I want to know your opinion on some things, so I'll make two polls :)

1) Jeff Davis said that a main character will die at the end of this season, then Crystal Reed (Allison) answered a tweet about that saying "If you only knew..." and just the other day Tyler Posey (Scott) said on an interview that "It will be a character that people know from the beginning and have become attached to". Who do you think it will be? My guesses are: Allison (because she has been on the series from the start, like JD said, Scott has got a new love interest and honestly her plot bores me already), Isaac (well, he has not been with us from the beginning but I find his character somehow tragic, I mean, he's been abused by his dad until he found Derek, then he "abandoned" him too and then he found Scott, with whom now he has a sire and emotional bond and also a kind of love triangle, so I think maybe he'll sacrify himself to save his alpha, his only true friend) and Deaton (he doesn't show up so much lately but he has been such a father to Scott -to me xD- and a guide on all his werewolf baggage that it'd be a very sad lost :S)

Poll

More+
Flag
A main character is gonna die? Main character to die I can't name one. I can't see this show moving forward if any of these guys die.
Scott
Allison
Lydia
Stiles

If either Derreck and Peter are possibilities cuz I think the show can survive without them. These guys are alphas like Scott its inevitable for Scott, Peter and Derrick to face of.

If you really want them to hit the heart and fundamentally alter this show you kill Mrs. McCall. Scott is 18. His dad is in town it will just change everything.

Flag
He's the interview where he first said it (I think):

He says that they'll probably change its title sequence... because somebody won't show up in it anymore? Damn you Jeff. Also he talks (04:30) about Japanese mythology (a.k.a. the Kitsune) when he's asked about 3B's antagonists (besides Deucalion). Does that mean that Kira will become Scott's enemy? Or her father? Because we're taking for granted that Kira is the Kitsune, but what if it's her father?

So what Jeff said makes me modify the previous poll:

Poll

I'm guessing Allison, because Tyler Posey said that it's someone that we know from the start and she's not longer intersting (her plot isn't that important and now she's been "replaced" by Kira on Scott's heart, hahaha).

Flag
I'm gonna call Peter on this one. The guy is evil. Hot evil. Will miss him. Him and Derek and great together when they are getting along...but he is plotting to become an Alpha again.
Flag
2) And now about Malia. Which role do you think she'll play on the series?

Poll

Please let me know your thoughts on this! :D
Flag
I totally adore Isaac and Allison. They both deserve some happiness (together).

Kira? I like her, she is cute...

(SPOILER warning)

But seriously, guys, she is so likely to be the Kitsune, that is crystal clear. Anybody who agrees with me? Anyway, Scott and Kira might still be a good match, as long as she is not going to mess around with him.
Flag
I agree with you on the Kitsune thing, but Allison and Isaac? Come on, she's so annoying... I didn't see her smiling since ages and don't tell me that it's because what she's going through because Scott and Stiles are going through the same and they make jokes and smile sometimes... she's just a sourpuss person xD
Flag
Yeah, maybe it is more likely that I adore Isaac and if Allison is what he wants, I am okay with it... :)
Flag
Yeah I think I feel that too. Isaac is so adorable. :)
Flag
Found this info on the Internet.

The Myth of the She Wolf

Have you ever heard the myth of La Loba? Let me share it with you.

As the tale goes, there once was an old, ragged woman who lived in the desert caves of the New Mexican desert. She spent her nights searching for the bones of animals, especially wolves, who have long passed from this world. She had a surprisingly strong, burly voice and after she collected the bones she would return to her cave and sing to them. And as she sang, her life and passion and joy would settle into their bones until alas, they leapt back to life! The dead wolf, now a live wolf, would run into the desert night, turning into a beautiful woman, disappearing into the horizon.
Flag
I read that the She-Wolf is somehow connected to some celtic triple-goddess... the three figure from the Nemeton?
Flag
Wow. Good info.
Flag
Scott and Kira = Scira
And I ship it.
Flag
That was the only way I could put them together too and I ship it too. :)
Flag
I'm so thankful for this show; it has rescued the teen tv series genre for me. It feels like the only teen show currently airing that doesn't portray a bunch of pretty, empty-headed, humorless/angsty or crazily malicious cardboard cutouts. And best of all: it truly doesn't take itself too seriously, and manages to infuse this sensibility through the cast. (THANK YOU Dylan O'Brien for existing!)

Flag
My husband and I are over the age of 30 and we both LOVE Teen Wolf lol
Flag
Credit to: mrsbuckybarnes
For posted this on Tumblr.

The Tibetan Book of the Dead is used as a funerary text in the Tibetan culture and is transliterated as Bardo Thödol. Bardo is a loose term that translates to “intermediate stage.” Teen Wolf tapped into Tibetan belief by using the idea of bardo. There are six stages of bardo in total within Tibetan Buddhism, but the last three, Chikkhai, Chönyid, and Sidpa, in that order, make up the period between death and rebirth.
Chikkhai bardo is the moment of death and Sidpa bardo is where the spirit transitions to its new body. The second bardo, Chönyid, is the one that Kira was referring to in the episode. In this stage, the spirit
"encounters frightening apparitions. Without an understanding that these apparitions are unreal, the consciousness becomes confused and, depending upon its karma, may be drawn into a rebirth…" (x).

"The purpose of the experience in the Chonyid Bardo is to help transform one’s consciousness via the dramatic display of psychic projections” (x).
All this serves to reinforce the idea that this season centralizes around the notion of rebirth. If you recall back to the season 3 promo video [here] it shows Scott transformation through the image of him literally killing off his younger self so that his new self can emerge. Here we see the motif that new life can only come through death again. Even the coloring of the promo, green, symbolizes rebirth.
With death comes new life, so all these illusions and obstacles that the main three are going to face as a result of their sacrifice will ultimately lead to rebirth. And where there’s rebirth, there’s also death. We’ll just have to see if there will be any new deaths and whether the deaths will all be metaphorical or not.
More+
Flag

Fireflies in Japanese Mythology:

According to Namiko Abe, the Japanese language guide for japanese.about.com, fireflies have quite a few meanings in Japan. She wrote that the firefly’s mystical light has been a metaphor for passionate love in poetry since Man’you-shu (the 8thcentury anthology-which is the oldest collection of poetry in Japan). The firefly is not only a symbol of love but it also has a supernatural meaning, too. “Their eerie lights are also thought to be the altered form of the souls of soldiers who have died in war,” wrote Abe. I believe that this metaphor is used throughout the popular 1988 Japanese animated film, “Hotaru no Haka (Grave of the Firelies)” as a representation of not only the soldiers that died in World War II but also of innocent citizens who died from “side effects” of the war (such as starvation).

Stiles in Anchors episode have in his hand the book Allies and Axis when the Sheriff asked him if he was ok(because of the nightmare). This book is about the allies and axis in WW2.

Also a TW fan (not me) posted this on Tumblr:

swingsetindecember:
lycanthropique:
I was bored so I decided to transcribe this writing on the chalkboard in the classroom where Stiles takes Scott when he can’t control his shift at school.
"HESXPRNO DTLSRWEV VUMIS DHLEMBQJS MGMXL-QOV HM DALC
ICFTMLV- CAGQZTUO FOXQERA TARDW AKFBRCAE?
SLBZXO AER INCWGRTHB NAQBLFBUS CLUPAS
OBCVGRFTUS GLEIPEXA ZMVERH”
-PWFTIDAG DRIME DQE HOKEThat last P is written backwards, but I’m assuming it’s meant to be a P just as I’m assuming the backwards F in FOXQERA is indeed an F, and a few other letters. None of these letters have other meanings when they’re backwards as far as I know (although the backwards R makes the “ya” sound in the Cyrillic alphabet, and on its own as a word it means the article “I” in Russian.)
I’m also assuming the scrambling of the letters is the same here as it was for Stiles’ history book. The title “ALLIES AND AXIS: WORLD WAR II AND THE INTERNATIONAL STRUGGLE FOR POWER” was converted to “DALESI XIS ANLA: DOL WTAR I AWND RHIE WUITENRRIENLA SAOTRGLE FGO TPONE” which doesn’t appear to be any sort of code, just a jumble that’s meant to mimic dyslexia/alexia. I don’t think it’s a simple substitution cipher or a transposition cipher.
The text above looks like a quote, and if so, that last line after the closing quotation mark is probably the name of the person the quote is attributed to. So maybe a famous writer or scholar’s name is hidden in the letters PWFTIDAG DRIME DQE HOKE.
I think Stiles’ difficulty reading and processing information is supposed to be symbolic, and since this is Teen Wolf, whatever clue or message is in this quote is likely to just raise more questions, not give us any concrete answers. Still, if someone wants to take a crack at figuring it out what it says, that would be cool!

Interesting, so many references to the WW2.
More+
Flag
I think you may have something here. This may have something to do with Kira's father.
Flag
#PIZZANA
Flag
Yes, indeed! Where is Mr. Ardent? I mean Mr. Very Hot Two Pistols Argent??? (NOT a teenager, did I mention that?)

Hey Price! I like your photo-recap better than this ep! The bit about "U R putting everybody's ankles in danger" made me spit my (very cheap) wine all over my keyboard!

I feel Lydia is getting very little screen time :-( Stiles is getting a lot... so good for him!

That scene with the twins was completely gratuitous...

Oh miss TSC too! I miss Britt Robertson & Phoebe Tonkin more than Ms. Hennig though... Poor Robertson she's trapped under a dome... I would fire my agent if I were her...
Flag
I agree about Lydia! It seems as if we're rarely seeing her.
Flag
OMG between Mr Argent, Peter and Derek...hot damn. I can't believe I have to wait so long for the next episode!
Flag
Right now I'm just going to say that in the ending scene the dark figure was totally A from Pretty Little Liars xD
Flag
1) Hate to sound like a broken record... But now they flat out told us it's been several months since the season break - and still nobody gives a damn about Lydia being a supernatural being?

They don't bother asking if she has powers, weaknesses, is she a danger to herself or others? Can she help mankind or something?

I just have the darndest hunch that they'll "suddenly" remember that in a later episode and then and only then will they bother doing something about it.

2) I thought Peter affected Scott because he was of his own pack. Which is why Derek affected Isac. If any Alpha can affect any werewolf, shouldn't we have seen some sort of sign from the Alpha Pack?

Heck, if Alphas can affect other non werewolves, why couldn't Derek just control Jackson?!?

3) I'm seriously glad they flat out told us who the merc lady is working for.
But... Why on earth weren't Derek and Peter even the least bit curious as to who hired her last time? You know, to protect Isaac?

Flag
I was looking forward to learning more about Lydia. Hopefully it will be addressed (at least a little)!

Flag
Deucalion did affect Scott when they both confronted Jennifer. But Scott was able to resist it...barely.
Flag
Agree with your point about the Alphas. But I thought that in this episode Isaac was in some way affected by Scott because Isaac is part of Scott's pack now. In TW the betas can stay with their sire(if this is the correct word) pack or change of Alpha and pack.

About Jackson, Derek (I think) didn't control him because he was a Kanima and his transition to wolf was not complete until the last episode. And a Kanima seeks a master that want a revenge to fulfill. That was they said.

Spoiler Alert:
----------------/---------

JD said that Lydia will be very important this season and that we will see more of her abilities. And he also said that Season 4 will be about her and the whole banshee lore.
Flag
Didn't read the spoiler

Well, the Kanima was a werwolf gone wrong, I sort of assume the coyote was the same. Maybe it's not. Hard to tell as this show doesn't give you much info.

Flag
Perhaps it has to do with Scott being a True Alpha. Mystical creatures feel his power and leadership, and trust...like Isaac felt all those moons ago and will offer some respect or loyalty because of it..or want to steal his power and betray/kill him for it. Perhaps True alphas can affect those around him more than ordinary Alphas. Scott will compelled her to change. No one has ever broken through that blue circle before...he is soooo powerful and we are just on the cusp of what a True Alpha can do.
Flag
If that were the case, how can the twins teach him that? They are not true alphas.

More precisely, they should have raised a brow and said "that can't be done", "oh, I'm a true alpha maybe I can"
Flag
1. I agree with what you're saying. They should certainly be more interested in that. But it bothers me more that no one gives a damn that Lydia is dating a psychopath murderer. OK, it's not entirely clear that she's still doing it, and it seems that Stiles was the only one who knew that she was still in contact with him. But no one gave a damn in the season 3a finale either.

2. I don't expect any of this to make sense anymore. The writers aren't that good with the details and the fans don't seem to care.
Flag
1) Oh, absolutely. I just ranted about that all the previous season I gave up on that.

2) Yeah, I know. There are loads of inconsistencies. Sometimes it's fun to poke the wholes and sometimes it's just HUH?
Flag
Agree with you about Alphas controlling any wolves.
They said in 3A that the merc lady was hired by the guiding counselor!
Flag
Oh, I totally missed that. Thanks :)
Flag
OMG I hate wolf watch so much and now just go into each new episode every week with not a brief idea of what's going to happen.
Flag
Agreed. I mean have they learned nothing from how boring Talking Dead was?
Flag
i did some math and came up with :
Kira + Scott = Skirtt .
So do not skirt around it and hop on my shipper
Flag
Kind of funny, but not self-explanatory, and I think a good couple name should be. Like Katniss + Peeta = Peeniss. (Yeah, I know they weren't a couple in the first movie, and I haven't seen the second one or read the books).
Flag
Hahahaha, Peeniss! I've never heard it and it's a great one xD
Flag
Questions:
Q1. we do get some coyote's in the city, but the stealing tends to go the other way; I have to say that the snarling on that coyote was top notch;
Q2. Allison's dad is up to mischief; probably sneaking around with Scott's mom;
Q3. not sure who they are looking for; sister would tie her back into the plot since she left with Derek at the end of the last season but she never seemed that important so not sure why they would be hunting her (and she wolf had a SHE WOLF sound to it);
Q4. Scira or Kirott;

Comments:
Another good episode. There is always a tension between having one-off episodes and ones that advance the season arch. That is especially true with shows with a shorter season. I've mentioned before that I'd like a longer season and more filler actually. I like the characters and would enjoy seeing them just spending more time together not rushing towards some grand confrontation.

I miss lacrosse, I miss Danny, I even miss the crazy-pants gym teacher. So far no lacrosse, no Danny, 1 short scene with crazy guy. Also not much time with the main characters just hanging out the way they used to. I like the time we're spending with the main characters but it is hard in a short season to fit everything in.

It may be especially hard this season because we're not starting with a well defined bad guy (Peter in Season 1, the Katima in Season 2, Demon Wolf / Dark Druid in 3A). Not sure we've met the big bad yet for Season 3B (evil fire flies, Peter as the Alpha, trickster spirits, mental health issues with our 3 leads, the Mexicans)? May also be hard to integrate the 2 new women but so far they both seem to have some potential. Not sure where they'll find the time to develop them both - guessing at least 1 will be dropped (death, sacrifice, something) by the end of the season.

Nice gif from the Secret Circle. I still resent them cancelling it. While speaking of resentment, I also resent that Season 4 is a million years away. WTF MTV?

Wolf Watch is physically painful to watch. Literally. I think it hurts my spleen. It is so painful I haven't been able to figure out exactly why it is terrible, but like I suggested last week, it might be that it is a lot more MTV than the actual show. Also, are there like 12 people in the live audience? It sounds like there are 12 people in the live audience.

More+
Flag
I don't mind Wolf Watch that much since it allows me to see the how the actors interact outside of their characters. But I can take it or leave it.
Flag
1/ I've never stolen from a were-coyote.
2/ Mr. Argent is doing his day job of selling weapons.
3/ I'm guessing the She-Wolf is likely Derek's mom. Which makes absolutely no sense.
4/ I'm not going to acknowledge a wolf/coyote relationship.

I predicted that the Nemeton would start putting out new shoots. I was blindsided that someone would be killing the shoots. I think the Nemeton is trying to mold Scott, Allison, and Stiles into what it needs. It's trying to make Scott and Allison into killers to feed it sacrifices. Stiles is a bit more interesting; it's screwing up his language skills and his perceptions of what is dream and what is consciousness. So Stiles just didn't dream of people pretending to speak ASL, he actually saw people use a language that he doesn't know.
Flag
I agree with you on the She Wolf being Derek's mom. I never thought about it being Cora until somebody mencioned it.

And about the Nemeton throwing out spectra/monsters... it crept me out BIG TIME xD I don't know if it's turning them into killers... as you said, this theory works on Scott and Allison, but not Stiles, so I'm more inclined to think that the effects from die and then come back from death (in my opinion, it has nothing to do with some Nemeton's curse, but with a general supernatural thing, like maybe the Bardo) are getting their minds messed up regarding their best qualities: what defines Scott is that he's a werewolf, Stiles is the one that always investigates (reads) and figures things out (I don't say it, Lydia does xD) and Allison is all hunting and guns. So the Bardo thing or whatever is messing up with their minds is trying to jumble with their essence, their core. (This theory isn't mine, I read it somewhere).
Flag
Malia is so damn gorgeous she is fine.. Where is Chris Argent i miss that guy..
Flag
Credit to: offthepreserve
For post this on Tumblr

Episode 3:09

Episode 3:13

Stiles should’ve realised it was all a dream in 3.13 since Mr. Westover was in class - wearing the exact same thing he wore when he died.

Also, the writing on the board is exactly the same - Stiles never saw what was on the board since it mysteriously vanished and was replaced by the five-fold knot, so how did Stiles’ subconscious incorporate it into his dream?

It shows the influence of the nemeton being able to use the setting in which Westover was taken and use it as the stage for Stiles’ dream.

Flag
While this episode wasn't quite as spooky as last week's, it really moved the story along. I also hadn't expected Malia's transformation issues, and the sanity-endangering nightmares to be resolved so quickly But then TW rarely does the expected, so I'm expecting some twists to come along and mess with our minds.

First off, I thought Braedon (sp?) was killed by the Alphas. That fact was even in the deleted scenes on the DVDs; the twins admitted she was dead to Scott. But maybe that's why the scene was deleted, TPTB changed their minds about her fate. Or maybe Morelle helped her, her body was never found. But I love that she's a merc, that makes her even more bad@ss than the hunters. And that pragmatic streak that allowed her to take a job from the monster that gave her a face full of scars...dayyum, she's one tough lady!!!

Peter sings?! But I don't think he'll be playing any piano anytime soon. I'm not sure who the Mexican's were looking for, Cora or some other lady wolf, but they were ruthless. However, a certain kickass merc is even more ruthless.

I don't know what was in that canister, but the gangsters really didn't want werewolves to get it. I'm guessing that was what Derek and Cora left town to retrieve. And that may have been why Cora had been missing so long, to find it. And once she realized she couldn't retrieve it on her own, she went back home to find the Hale Alpha to help her.

Okay, I'm still drooling over the sight of a shirtless Peter.

I don't believe that the doors have been closed in Scott, Allison and Stiles' minds. I think those firefly demons are the ones that were plaguing our heroes, and that they're still connected to each of them.

Malia's father is going to have a rude surprise during the next full moon. I hope the Sheriff warns him about the supernatural world he's just entered into. Of course, Malia will also need some intensive therapy and tutoring, and maybe a bit of house training...her father is in for a rough patch.

Kira's adorable, On the other hand, I'm highly suspicious of her father and his interest in Scott as a possible suitor to his high school daughter, that's just freaky.

Where is Papa Argent? He needs to help Allison deal with what's happening now.

1. I would never steal from a were coyote, that's just rude.
2. I have no clue, but I want him to drop it and talk to Allison.
3. I'm guessing Cora.
4. Scira
More+
Flag
Absolutely love your recap of the episode!
Answers:
1. No I haven't, don't plan to after watching that episode & also we don't have those in Australia ;)
2. Alison's dad is chilling somewhere nice, avoiding all the drama and when Allison or one of the mains is in trouble he will reappear to save the day, then tell some incredible story about what he was doing for all the episodes he was away.
3. No clue, could be a possibility though, I feel like Derek is still hiding something, or is yet to discover something, about one of his family members.
4. I feel like 'Scira' is the better sounding ship name, and although I have always been completely for Scallison, I'm find myself rooting for this new relationship. I think it's mainly because the character Kira is being portrayed as so cute, lonely and clumsy.
xx
Flag
Were-Dingo took my baby (doll)!
Flag
Obviously that symbol thing is important, it's in the opening credits.

And I actually like Isaac and Allison more than Scott and Allison.

I don't like Kira at all, but I can't figure out why.

I love how you explained Stiles and Lydia. It really does seem that Stiles' motivation is no longer his crush on her :')
Flag
wonder if Shelley Hennig still has her spell book and wonder if there's an alpha form for the werecoyote
Flag
I wonder if they are going to do anything to try to integrate the cannon? For werewolves being in the actual wolf form is the highest state (although like Price I prefer to Season 1 Alpha form). But for the werecoyote we have a young girl going straight to the full on coyote form, rather than a part transformation like Scott or the others. Is it a coyote thing, is it her, is it something else? I am also still waiting for a wereturtle.
Flag
We also need a wererabbit, and then we're off to the races!
Flag
I have to say that the title of the episode "More bad than good" fit very well to the episode. I not loved the episode, but I liked it. TW always manage to do very entertainment episodes even when not are the best. TW, you surprise me. Last week I said that the second episodes are better that the season premiere, but in this case changed. Prefer Anchors.

I don't want to be the devils advocate, but Scott's dad seems right (for now) in everything he says. He is right when he said that people want to know the truth even when the truth hurts. It's better know than not knowing. And he sees suspicious how Stiles and Scott were in the forest so late in night.
Is fine to see, how the Sheriff is having a bad time even knowing the truth. Now he sees the things in a different perspective and is not easy for him to fill the records.

I had a good laugh when Granny Goodness cut Peter's finger. LOL. Also Granny Goodness said that Derek can speak different languages, interesting. No one expected that the motorcycle girl rescue Derek and Peter. We all have theories but this was unexpected.

Then it turned into this weird Hurt Locker scenario where Stiles had to deactivate the trap by reading the instructions except he couldn't read! LOL

Oh Price! You really complete the experience of watching TW. Even when the episodes are not the best, I read your recaps and I'm ready for more TW.

Questions:
    1-No, fortunately
    2-MIA, I have no idea.
    3-I think they are looking for Derek’s sister. Jeff Davis said that Cora was in South America.
    4-Scira, saw it on Tumblr and I liked it.
More+
Flag
I've been thinking about this all day and I want to admit an opinion I am flip flopping on. I don't think any of them totally shut their doors. In fact, I think at most what has happened is that they have dealt with what is the most surface fear about themselves, losing who they each individually were. Now, my thought has been premised on this idea, they opened a door, which means something can get through. This goes along with the Bardo idea that Kira is talking about, that something external is coming at them. I think the first step was dealing with the initial self doubt. Together as a pack and with their anchors they were each able to overcome this, and I think it means the bad guys (presumably the kitsune) kind of has them right where she wants them. They think they have dealt with it. Now, it is going to be attacking where they each are next vulnerable.

For example,

Scott knows he can pull back, he knows and has enough faith in himself to serve as an anchor. Now, external forces are likely to come at him physically and will attack his pack members, both to get him out of the way and have him focused on other things. I doubt he is going to be attacked psychologically any more because I think he is actually fairly certain of himself and his good guy ness comes from a real core place and, honestly, he did start of that be a better Scott McCall program, that usually first requires you to identify and acknowledge your weaknesses. He probably can acknowledge that he can be a dumbass at times.

Stiles now has control of his intellect and deductive skills but his most obvious weakness is his guilt over, well, everything. And likely more things that he likely had no control over, so I think this was in the previews, but the Void (the bad kitsune) approaches him directly and basically taunts him with how he is going to destroy all of his friends and there is nothing Stiles can do but watch. From what I understand in the later episodes of this season, Stiles and Scott don't have many scenes together, so I wonder if Stiles is like trapped in the white room.

My feeling about Allison hasn't really changed, but like the boys she dealt with and took control of the present and physical issue of her aim (though I would suggest she really relied on Isaac and the motto as anchors and they got released later on because I believe she and Kira connect over learning to use a katana) but hasn't actually dealt with what appears to be her core fear of turning into Kate. I think she is at biggest risk for being a danger to anyone. But that is based on the trailer which I have doubts about.

I also have this other idea that if the Nemeton can be regrown, a lot of these issues will be resolved, but it requires a sacrifice (probably from the family line that cut it down in the first place). Like that little branch is probably where Jennifer died.
More+
Flag
I agree that the "open door" issue is not resolved and they've just made it over the first hurdle of coping with their minds initial reaction. Whatever is going to come through the door is still out there.

I don't think it will be the Kitsune or the Nemeton. The Kitsune is a trickster but not evil and I don't get the sense that the Nemeton has intent / motivation (or is evil).

We seem to have a few story lines on the go in terms of potential big bads: a) something coming through the doors in their minds / souls that are partially open; b) Peter as Alpha (seemed significant at the end of 3A but less so thus far in 3B); c) whatever is going on with the people who kidnapped the Hales; d) the Kitsune; and e) whatever else reactivating the Nemeton summoned.

I think they need to try to transition into a Buffy mode where there is an overarching big bad but also lots of other things going on that they get involved with from time to time. Until now it has largely been a sequential set of big bads which tends to narrow the focus and sense of world building.
More +
Flag
Keep in mind that Lydia is hardly the typical banshee from folklore...
This show doesn't follow mythology on the nose, so I don't see any reason why asian myths would be the same.

Truth be told, I initially thought that the thing at the end would turn into a single being and hopefully that would be Jeniffer. But most likely that's just me liking her too much (not that awful cheap makeup they had on her though)

As for that last part, keep in mind that Buffy (apart from season 1) went to the total serialization of 22 eps per season (give or take) while teen wolf goes by the lower 13 eps per season. Even this season which is officially labeled as 22 clearly is divded into 2 smaller seasons.

Ergo, they have less time with filler episodes. That is why each season of teen wolf basically went by giving you 2 big bads to fight amongst each other where the heroes are caught in the cross fire.

Frankly? I like this model far better.
Flag
Yeah, JD take hints of other mythology and creates his own mythology for the show. In South America the Kanima is a werejaguar an in TW is a lizzard.
Flag
I guess we'll see what their take is on the Kitsune. I've mentioned in other posts that I'm not a fan of the 10-13 episode model overall. It certainly has it's merits but it also imposes significant limitations. I like these characters and would be happy if they had 18 to 22 episodes, even if that meant a handful of fillers.
Flag
Lydia might be or at least in versions of it (I have thought in way they are sort of crossing a bit of the original banshee powers with a bit of celtic tales of mermaids but that was just because Jennifer implied that Lydia might be capable of more).

Flag
I hate we can't respond directly to some messages...

@ KateSulliva, okay I checked again and you are right, they said it's been weeks and not months since they saw the twins. But still... that's rather enough time to dig stuff up.

Of course it is possible that everyone read up and know about Lydia - and I would accept that except for 2 things:
1) It wouldn't really kill them to throw a line on it. Same way the first episode of season 3a had a single line thrown about Jackson learning to control the wolf from Derek.

2) I am actually willing to bet money that in an episode or two, someone is going to go "oh wait, we should study this now" and then they'll start to research it.
Of course I'm jumping the gun, and I'll retract if I'm wrong... But you know it's going to go there eventually.

@B-a-n-e with all due respect, saying they don't have time is a sad excuse which goes to a narcissistic level of the vampire diaries where characters are so self obsessed they don't give a damn about their friends. I mean come on, they all have the time to deal with Scott & Stiles dads, a missing girl from 8 years ago, hit on new girl in town and talk about the issac \ allison shipping but not their friend who just discovered she's a supernatural create?
That's messed up :(

Also, isn't it even more absurd that it seemed that Peter knew what Lydia was (at least her immunity) which is why he used her for his resurrection yet nobody bothered asking him?
More +
Flag
I agree with both of you. Given the timeline (and the 3 main characters basically going crazy) it isn't surprising their wouldn't be much of a focus on Lydia's status as a Banshee. But you would think it would be referred to at least in passing.
Flag
@ JasonMelvil - though the time line is totally crazy, it actually has only been a couple of weeks since the events of the Girl Who Knew Too Much. I am almost positive that Lydia has read up on it, but she tends not to share until she has to (like I have no doubt she read up on archery after the first time Allison dragged her into the woods in the first season). And other than the main trio going crazy, it sort of seems like everything was otherwise fairly calm in the interim. So, no impending death. Plus, the next episode seems to mainly about her using her powers.
Flag
Busy for several months? Hardly seem so.
Heck, what about Lydia herself? Ms "I read a lot"?
I just wish they would have thrown even a single line about it!

Like "still trying to read up on it" or something.
Flag
Well that is my major beef with the 3b season. They finally said what she is and that she has more to it, but none of these characters seem the least bit interested in it...
Flag
Yeah..but there are two schools of kitsune both tricksters but one is good generally referred to as In ari because that is the god they follow. The other has a few different names but can be similarly grouped as the Void. The good kitsune usually attach themselves to groups can test the worthiness of a boastful man and can bring fortune. The bad...well what is happening to the trio seems in line with stories.
Flag
Allison will have a bad time. In the promo the old man said "You have to destroy it even if it's your own daughter". Maybe one of the void spirit from the nemeton it's gonna possess her. I'm very concerned for Allison. JD said that one of the main cast will die at the end. I hope that JD is trolling us.

I think that Stiles in some way, will be the one that will not close the door and he will end up in a asylum. He is the only one that in his hallucinations literally entered through the door. The paint (the black hole) beside the door represent the abysm of his mind. Well I think so. And he enters throught that door.

I hope that Jennifer is really dead, and not the person that pull out the tree of the nemeton.
Flag
For the record, when mentioneing stuff from interviews or promos, it is common curtesy to put out a spoiler alert... Some of us don't know and don't want to know.

As for Jennifer (SPOILER ALERT)
In the reunion episode at the end of season 3a, they had Jennifer and she confirmed that Peter killed her.
So it's not her. Assuming it's not a new character and I'd have to make a guess? It's the only other druid in town: Deaton's sister.
Flag
My bad! (spoilers) good observation about Morrel (Deaton's sister).
Flag
I have this weird idea that the Void ( and I assume that since you referred me last season to offthepreserve I won't explain) that the Void met up with Jennifer in the white room and she is helping to direct some of this. Like someone is controlling Barrow to try and neutralize the werewolves to get them out of the way and then pull Stiles into the white room and force him to watch and not be able to do anything. I figure similar to how Mama Argent underestimated Scott's connections the Void may not realize that Scott will be able to reach him. Beck this might be Lydia's role...if I recall this correctly Bashers can open some doors.
Flag
PIZZANAAAAA! :D
Flag
As unwatchable as "Zach Stone is Gonna Be Famous" was, Shelly was fantastic in it. I'm so glad MTV kept her on their network and transplanted her on Teen Wolf. So many possibilities. Have loved her since Days of Our Lives (until right before she left when she was the worst).
Flag
Price. You're my everything. I seriously hope we get to see Diana Coyote-Girl eat some more pizza.
Flag
Don't you all just love peter hale?? aside from the obvious insanity,the dry sense of humor and the bad turned maybe good kind of guy.He is also the only one who after being tortured for days and had his finger cut off,just calmly picks it up after being freed.Whats not to love ??(Fangirling)
Flag
Umm... I'm pretty sure the entire point of the last season(ish) ending was to tell you that Peter most certinly isn't going to be a good guy.

But yeah, he is totally awsome.
Flag
ya i know but i kind of think that when it really comes to it deep deep down he would do the right thing in the end,or maybe his insanity will win over.You never know its teen wolf :D
Flag
Peter is my absolutely favorite character of the show, and those are just some of the examples of why. Between his snark, his cool attitude under the worst conditions (decaying body under floorboards of an abandoned building), and his amazing human form and spooky were-form, I'm crazy for this guy.
Flag
The editing, the whole composition of this show is otherworldly.
Flag
Scott in the woods was all like AND YOU'RE GONNA HEAR ME ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
Flag
Katy Perry wouldn't last to the first commercial break.
Flag
OMG! Once again you have me in tears Price! The were-coyote asking for her sh*t?! TEARS!!! Then the TLC reference! Whew! I've actually seen the were-coyote since her stint on TSC. She was in an episode of Justified and it threw me off because I was used to her being a teen and she was CERTAINLY not teen with Raylan Givens! I'm glad to see her back to being a teen though. I agree the ep seemed filler-ry but still pretty interesting. And did they really let Stiles's dad keep his job because of one case solved out of I dunno 100 unsolved cases? I mean, I'm all for him keeping his job. I was just surprised that's all.
Flag
It will take some time for the FBI to go through all of the files to make that determination. We saw Scott's father leaving the Sherriff's office with that last file box and both of them looking stern and stressed.
Flag
Poll

Flag
What about all of the above?
Flag
While I think there is a little jealously and annoyance there, I think the real issue was just that Stiles hasn't actually gotten any real sleep in awhile.
Flag
He really needs to get laid. It's like a season overdue
Flag
hahaha, very good point. LOL
Flag
Well I don't know how possible that is considering he and Lydia are on slow burn, Malia is a little too damaged right now, and well I have this thought from the trailer...I think he gets suckedinto the bvoid or that white room at least somewhere to helplessly watch his friends being hurt.
Flag
That's a very good point.
Flag
Have you ever stolen something from a were-coyote? Yep, it's purple wedges. They look better on me.
What's Allison's dad up to? Well, I was hoping he was rescuing Derek. Maybe he is still tied in to that, like he's following Duke around to make sure he's not being all demonwolfy.
Were those Mexican Fratelli's looking for Derek's sister or somebody else? I'm guessing Cora, but then again maybe Derek's mom is still alive and they are searching for her. I hope for the latter because I would love more Alicia Coppolla on my screen.
What is the Kira-Scott shipper name and do you approve of it? Kott? Kirott? Scora? Hmm, I don't like any of those names, but I'm on board with Scott getting a new love interest. It doesn't have to be epic, it just has to get him out there again.
Flag
Omg I swear to god I'm psychic, was just telling my friend about yore secret circle review s and about pizzana, and HERE she is! So happy so so happy!
Flag
I'm absolutely loving this season, and I really enjoy watching them explore more of Stiles. We all knew there was more to Dylan O'Brien then just being able to play the comedic sidekick, and we're finally getting to see it. I'd love to see a Stiles/Malia romance, now that everyone has/had a romantic storyline but him. I loved Shelley Hennig in TSC, so I'm really REALLY happy she's back on TV, and hopefully we see more of her.
Flag
Poll

I am seeing a lot of variations on the Scott x Kira ship name. So we need to sort this out. I thought I saw on tumblr that they use Scira, so that is what I thought it was but if there issomething that people like better, then it should be that.

Flag
If Kira *is* involved with the Kitsune myth, it should TOTALLY be Kitt (firstly because Scira? Come on, that's just trying way too hard), since a kit is a baby fox (or ferret, but whoever heard of wereferrets?) I'm really hoping they go with Kitt. Plus it's adorable.
Flag
That is an interesting fact :)
But i have in the past that the best ship names usually rhyme: Sterek, Stydia, Scisaac, Berica, Dethan so thats why I assumed it was Scira and a lot people tend to agree.
But you can use whatever name but for scocial media and a general consensus people will probably use Scira
Flag
So i really liked this ep, it set up a lot and introduced us to the new character. Welcome back to the world of 2 legs Malia! I would really love her to be sort of love interest for Stiles. I ship Stydia hard, but he needs some validation that he is not the nerdy sidekick that never gets the girl. I cant help but compareStilesto Xander from Buffy, he needs a Cordelia and I alwaysthought that was Lydia but I want her to be his Anya. If that makes sense?

Anyway questions:
... Yeah but we sorted it out.
... I don't know he has a job, right?
... When I first saw them they reminded me of something and it was totally spot on Mexican Fratellis!!!!!! That crazy bitch cut off Peter's finger!!!!!! I don't know who they talking about, maybe they were talking about Dereks mum? And we might get a little more backstory about her and whether the full wolf tranformation thing was a female thing? I don'tknow!
... I ship Scira!!!! I approve of this message.
Flag
Well, clearly Stiles will be the one she will approach, not only does she know him as the sheriff's son, the coyote instincts probably make her very wary around Scott and Isaac.
Flag
Urgh no, Malia should somehow remain very much non sexual to me, she just spent like half her life as a coyote and she was a child when she was last a girl... It's just way too icky if she's suddenly a love interest, like how much mental growth has she really done as an animal? as a slave to her instincts for the most part.

I'm even fine with Stiles remaining single, nothing wrong with that, also it'd be refreshing if for once a teen show would stop validating the idea that to be happy or fulfilled you need to have someone, and Stiles has been consistently one that has wanted Lydia, it'd just be kind of amazing if he sort of just became content in himself, before they start making a pairing with him.
Flag
This is to your below...I doubt she is actually evil and if she becomes part of the show, I could see her first partnering up with whatever version of Allison eventually comes out of this season (I think she is going to be possessed) and that entity plays on her instinctual wariness of wolves, but she also is a nice person underneath and that is the part that can survive. I guess in a way what if she is kind of a cross between Allison season 2 and Ethan.

I do figure her dad either will discover her secret and kick her out or otherwise try and harm her, or, and I have presumed she is a born shapeshifter like Derek and Peter, this was dad's secret that he never warned his wife about, so maybe he suspected all along (he did hesitate a bit before shooting her in the woods, so maybe there was a part of him that thought she could be his daughter but wasn't sure if she was still in there or if she was a regular coyote, like werewolves maybe the full transformation is rare but maybe unlike werewolves coyotes don't have a pack dynamic?)
More +
Flag
I mean, I think she will approach only him as the only one she might feel safe around, I doubt any romance angle will happen (I even think she might become a bad guy at some point, I mean why else have Allison tell us coyotes don't like wolves, and she would be the most vulnerable to...well, something like Allison was like to Gerard second season) but there might be some of that energy (just two attractive actors). I do hope they respect that she might have a lot of issues, she was only a human for nine years and while that might give her a lot of emotional and intelligence basis as a human, she might only have animal instincts when it comes to relationships. But then, I also don't know, she was a coyote, they tend to venture close to human civilizations so you wonder if she ever followed humans around because some part of her remembered.
Flag
Thank god, you agree, I'm with you on the whole she would approach Stiles before the others.
I do wonder though as you said she might be evil, but she might, like the Kitsune be a mischievous kind of creature, simply enjoying putting wrenches into plans and being a general plague, as you say she might well be manipulated quite easily, I can still see the dad being evil and finding out what she's become, go a little cookoo crazy.
Flag
Yes it does make sense so we get a stydia first or Stalia and see where it goes I can live with that your right Stiles is underused. I think what Styles needs is an Anna Stern (I feel old now) I don't think Malia can do that for him. She spent her formative years in the wild. SO I think she needs someone who understand the animal inside (so hoping for Scott/Malia ship); but that really depends on how she will portrayed in the coming episodes.
Flag
and when Scott and Malia DO get together, I hereby demand that that NOT be called Scalia - he STICKS as a Supreme Court justice. I declare they shall be known as Malicott.

you may now return to your regularly scheduled dithering. {{offers a royal wave of dismissal}}
Flag
I hope to see more of Shelley Hennig in the future! I really loved TSC too, and was broken when it got cancelled. haha I'd love to see her get in action with my teenwolf gang!
Flag
Exactly! I just love her and I was like literally dying when I saw her. I think with her they'll bring even more fans into TW fandom!
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members