A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Teen Wolf S03E18: "Riddled"

Not to sound like a snob, but in general I like it when TV shows treat me like I'm not a dummy. Unfortunately that is very rare these days because TV executives seem to think that making everything 100% understandable and thoroughly explained at all times means that more people will tune in. The reason that is broken thinking is because making a story more obvious will cause a huge percentage of discerning viewers to tune out. Maybe I am just speaking for myself and all my friends and family and critics and fans I respect, but yeah: Don't treat me like my brain is wet wad of ABC gum. Even when I legit DON'T understand something, I would never tune out because of it. I would just like to be left to myself to think about it, or read someone else's interpretations, things like that. Tuning out is not an option. I WOULD tune out if something was stupid or obvious and not worth my time. You know?

When I tell people that I think Teen Wolf is one of cable's best shows (and by extension one of TV's best shows), they still, to this day, think I'm somehow joking or being sarcastic or trolling them or whatever. But I am not. I happen to watch a lot of TV and Teen Wolf just does things better than most if not all other shows. Humor, horror, pathos, and creative ambition... All are married to simply insane storytelling and enormously likable characters. It's frankly incredible how bad most other shows are in one or more of those areas, but Teen Wolf regularly nails them and in the exact right combinations. But this leads me to my bigger point: Teen Wolf also is especially good at showing and not telling. It's not a particularly cryptic or complicated show, sure. It's not The Wire with shirtless or blood-stained hunks. But Teen Wolf respects us enough to simply show us a character's face and expect us to know exactly what that character is thinking or feeling. Some shows would have Stiles' dad say "I'm sad that my son appears to be dying" and then Melissa going, "I also feel sad that your son is dying." But on two, perhaps three occasions in this episode they just stood there in wordless understanding and it felt like a sucker-punch to those of us with perceptive hearts. "Riddled" was another high watermark for this show. With its long, drawn-out moments of horror, and emotional moments held for a beat or two longer than other shows would feel comfortable with, "Riddled" felt significantly richer than I'm used to from this show or any TV show, really. 

Real quick, though, before we get into it. Can I rant for a second about the MTV suggested hash tags again? I know I mention it every week, BUT I SHOULD MENTION IT EVERY WEEK because they are so, so awful. And this ties into what I was saying before: The Teen Wolf writers slave over every word to get across a maximum of storytelling and emotion in a minimum of words, often finding strength in just letting something play out without explanation. And then suddenly some bozo writes a hashtag on the bottom of the screen, just absolutely robbing the moment of its profundity or meaning. It made me so mad when last week's episode hash-tagged that fleeting moment where Stiles mistakenly called Melissa "Mom," and it was even worse this week, when "#StilinskiFamilyFeels" came up while Sheriff Stilinksi processed the information that his son had an INCURABLE BRAIN DISEASE. Honestly, people in power reading this, President Obama, ANYBODY. Please, please stop MTV from doing this. They are ruining these scenes. Guys, I feel very passionate about this, sorry. It's because Teen Wolf is so manifestly well-done and these hash tags threaten to make it seem just as crass as any other subpar teen serial. Is there an e-petition I can sign?

ANYWAY, sorry, I guess we should talk about "Riddled"!

We started in Scott's bedroom where he was just trying to get some restful werewolf Z's, but his smart phone had other ideas. Specifically, it was receiving a distress call from Stiles!

Honestly, the scene was very drawn out and tense and scary in ways that can't be reflected in a dumb recap, but trust me, it was VERY good. Stiles would mutter something about being lost in a dark basement that smelled super terrible, then the phone would cut out, then Scott would only reach his voicemail, then Stiles would call back and repeat. The whole thing was a major nightmare for anybody who's received middle-of-the-night calls and/or gets spotty service. So yeah, Scott was in panic mode and decided to wake up bestie #2 to help deal with it.

I was slightly disappointed that Isaac was no longer sleeping on the floor next to Scott's bed (wait, did he ever do that or have I just been picturing it that way in my head the whole time?). But yeah it goes without saying that Isaac was there to help.

Meanwhile at the school, Lydia and Aiden were enjoying some late night art room flirtations complete with sexy naked posedowns.

But right before there was any full-frontal nudity to be had, a nearby bluetooth speaker started making noises only banshees can hear!

Eerily enough it was very similar to what Scott and Isaac were hearing from Stiles' phone calls:

So yes. Now everybody knew that Stiles was lost and in trouble and possibly freezing to death in a smelly basement. Oh, and one more thing: He WASN'T ALONE. Cue opening credits, because only that frenetic and stressful opening sequence could help calm my racing heart, you know? (I love those credits so much.)

Meanwhile Kira was pulling an Uncle Fester in her bedroom and lighting up dead lightbulbs and also breaking them in her fingers. It made me laugh when she immediately yelled for her mom to come fix it rather than just, you know, go get a lightbulb. Kids!

Except, look what happened when her mom changed the lightbulb!

UH-OH looks like fire foxes run in the familyyyy. 

Then we finally got to see what was up with Stiles. And honestly it didn't look very fun!

But having his leg stuck in a trap wasn't even the worst thing he was going through. No, the worst thing was probably the creep chilling in the corner writing graffiti on a steel door.

AAAAAAAHHHHH! Poor Stiles! This is what nightmares made of! (Also cheese).

So then everybody knew to show up in Stiles' bedroom and they discovered that in a manic state he'd tied red yarn to all of the evidence on his bulletin boards and then stabbed scissors into his bed. That is honestly a great idea to add a little pizzazz to a drab bedroom, but as far as being an expositional device the kids were baffled. 

Despite Stiles making Scott promise not to involve his dad, Lydia set Scott straight about it and the boys headed off for the Sheriff's station. A very emotional Sheriff Stilinski shouted orders at everybody, which made me think that maybe he wanted to find Stiles ASAP, I don't know, what do you think? Oh nevermind, the hash tag told me what was going on. Got it.

I don't know about you guys but I am VERY invested in this character:

I'm sure he will be fine and definitely won't be killed off or anything. Not like that other lady sheriff who got killed off in Season 2. No, this guy is probably totally safe, don't worry.

Then we got another great Derek-as-Yoda type scene! I love these scenes, we haven't gotten enough of them since Season 1. In this case he took Scott up to the roof and taught him to use his sense of super-smell to detect what emotional state the target was in. From Stiles' scent they could tell he was dealing with high anxiety up on the rooftop there. But why? It was a mystery, okay?

For some reason Agent McCall believed that the ghost demon ninjas were actual dudes, so he filled out a police report and talked to a sketch artist about it? Anyway, this was what they came up with and it was hilarious:

I was a little disappointed because I'd hoped that when Agent McCall was stabbed by a ghost it would've made him realize that there were supernatural things happening, but nope. He was still thinking everything was just a regular case! He is a bit of a dummy to be honest.

Then Lydia discovered that when she strummed Stiles' yarn like it was a Spanish guitar and she was Banshee Charo, barely coherent voices would whisper secrets to her. 

In one case a piece of yarn whispered something about an old sanitarium so she immediately became 100% sure that's where Stiles was.

Next thing we knew she'd gathered up the troops and they all ran into the sanitarium shouting about where was the basement and also please take us to the basement.

But WHOOPS! Stiles wasn't there. Despite the presence of one of those backwards-5 symbols on the wall, Stiles was nowhere to be found. 

Sheriff Stilinski was VERY frustrated with Lydia, but then he apologized. Dads worry! Also she seemed very freaked out for having been wrong. I think my favorite thing about Lydia's banshee powers is how weird they are. Too often on shows a psychic ability is just a cheat, writing-wise. In this case she hears things that she doesn't understand or know how to interpet, and that is automatically interesting to me. Also it makes me feel bad for her because that's a straight-up curse. Even when her "visions" do make sense they're all about death? No thank you. Being a banshee seems like a total hassle.

Meanwhile Agent McCall teamed up with his ex-wife and after some charming banter about his former drinking problem, he realized that maybe Stiles had been sleeping when he described a smelly basement to Scott, and Agent McCall had a feeling he knew where Scott ACTUALLY was.

THIS GUY. So this guy was obviously a tremendous nightmare. Not just because of the mummy face and silver teeth, but he was constantly yammering in Japanese and also riddles. Everybody knows that riddles are annoying, but Stiles figured them all out but one: "Everybody has it, but nobody can lose it." And in case you didn't hear the dark kitsune in the mummy wraps say the riddle, then a bright green hashtag popped up to spell it out. STOP IT, MTV.

Anyway, but yeah, Stiles was still not enjoying himself, and that includes the part when the demon guy dragged him by the steel trap across the floor!

But then Stiles WOKE UP! He'd been asleep in the woods and Mrs. McCall was able to hug him awake because she is the best. It was VERY intense, and honestly kind of surprising. We were only halfway through the episode and Stiles had been found! Then it's like the episode shifted into a whole other gear as the characters attempted to investigate what exactly was going on.

First Isaac showed up at Allison's because she hadn't been returning his calls. It turned out that her phone had been off, and all the voicemails she'd received had been a Japanese radio address of some kind. Totally normal voicemails, in other words. I get those all the time, it's very annoying.

Meanwhile did you laugh when AIDEN became the first one to correctly guess that Stiles was possessed by the dark kitsune? 

I mean, dang, guys. Aiden is beating you to the punch now. Get it together.

But then Derek did this for some reason and it jogged his brain about something. BUT WHAT? It was a mystery, again. Relax.

This was touching:

Even though Sheriff Stilinski and Agent McCall were mortal enemies currently drag racing down the highway to hell, they shook hands like gentlemen because that's how happy Sheriff Stilinski was that his boy was alive. Dad stuff.

Meanwhile the next day at school Derek pulled a classic Derek move by showing up at the high school to hang out with underage teens. In this case he wanted to take Kira to the power station where she had exploded Doug Jones and ask her what ELSE she may have done to passerby, specifically Stiles.

The idea was that Doug Jones had lured Stiles and Scott there so that Kira could use her fox fire to accidentally electrocute Stiles and thus activate the dark kitsune living in his bones and soul. So phew! THAT question was answered. Just kidding, I didn't actually know that stuff was in question. Stiles has a dark demon in him, Derek, who cares why?

Meanwhile Isaac and Allison took her voicemails to Kira's dad to get his opinion:

As it turned out, the recordings were a radio broadcast intended for Japanese-Americans unjustly sent to internment camps following Pearl Harbor. That's right, Teen Wolf is GOING THERE. In my opinion, for all the rightful introspection we do about America's various crimes against our own people there has definitely not been enough talk about this particular travesty and I'm being super serious right now. I know this is a monster soap but I really respect and admire Teen Wolf for possibly informing a whole new generation of kids that this was a real thing that happened and it's one of our country's biggest shames. Anyway, let's see where it goes! But for now I'm cautiously impressed that something so serious is factoring into the mythology here. Oh, but the twist is that the voice on the radio was mentioning the name of an internment camp that supposedly didn't exist. Why? IT'S A MYSTERY.

Meanwhile Lydia was hearing EVERYTHING and it was giving ME a headache.

Ugh, banshee stuff. Lydia had to run outta there because no way.

Uh, this was heavy. Like, truly and surprisingly heavy. We learned that Stiles' mom died of an incurable brain disorder called Frontal Temporal Dementia, and his symptoms are now mirroring hers. So his dad decided to bring him in for a scan. Just before he got in the tube, probably one of Teen Wolf's deepest and most understated exchanges in history happened.

Sure this was not plainly stated but Scott promised Stiles with such conviction that he would figure out how to save his life should it come to that, and in my mind I think that meant turning him into a werewolf or at least enlisting a druid to use some druid magic on him. But really it was Scott's certainty that got me. He WILL figure out how to beat a very serious medical condition on Stiles' behalf. And also I respect how seriously Teen Wolf is taking this medical angle. Sorry if this is an overshare but someone close to me has a degenerative brain disorder and it's really scary and sad and maybe I won't be very professional about seeing scenes like this. But yeah, like in the face of so much ludicrous monster mythology to make a straightforward, unflinching acknowledgment of human fragility (which simply NEVER happens on teen dramas, teens are supposed to be invincible, you know?), I just found it really affecting. And that was BEFORE this happened:

I mean I don't even know what to say. I guess I could focus on how good the acting was in this episode, just from everybody. Everybody was doing A+ gold star work. Also I'm crying right now.

It should go without saying that the scan itself, a 45-minute procedure filled with loud, clanging noises, was not the most peaceful experience for Stiles. Also this is a horror-themed show and scans never, ever go well. That included this one! It could even be argued that this scan ended up going pretty badly, but we'll get back to that in a second.

Then Derek and Scott had another lovely scene. In this case we learned that he'd dropped Cora off in South America (IS THAT WHERE SCOTLAND IS?) and returned so that he could talk to his dead mom. She told him that it's the Hales' job to protect Beacon Hills, and now Derek wants Scott to know that that responsibility falls to him also. That's a heavy thing for a teenager to hear when he has his whole life ahead of him, but Scott is such a nice and decent guy that he just accepted it. But he also insisted that Derek continue to mentor him, which was a very humble thing for an Alpha to request. Anyway, nice guys, nice scene.

But then all the noises from the MRI machine were starting to get on Lydia's nerves.

That banshee SCREAMED! That's because Stiles was dreaming and some bad things were going down.

Well, first of all, this happened:

The doctor informed Stiles' dad that the scan did indeed show signs of brain deterioration, as they feared. Man, their faces said it all:

(This suggested hashtag particularly enraged me.) Stilinski Family Feels? Way to ruin a perfectly moving moment with stupid tumblr lingo! Oh I am so, so steamed.

Anyway, here's what Stiles was experiencing in his dreams!

The dark kitsune informed Stiles that they would be murdering everybody in town pretty soon, and that included all of Stiles' friends and family. Stiles didn't like that idea very much, but that's when he finally figured out the answer to the demon's riddle. And while he was figuring it out, the guy started taking off his mummy face!

They had the same face! And also the answer to that riddle was "shadow." As in, everybody has it but nobody can lose it. Uh, first of all, it's called an overcast day, dummy. Or what about being surrounded on all sides by spotlights. NO SHADOW. What a dumb riddle. Anyway, that's when it looked like a semi-permanent switcheroo took place. 

Uh-oh. That is a look of evil! Stiles is officially evil now!

Meanwhile up on the roof, the thing Stiles had done earlier started paying off. He'd shorted out the power to the generator!

But then when Evil Stiles escaped from the lab and tried to leave the building LOOK who was waiting for him in the elevators!

Kira's mom! She was a good kitsune currently in control of the Oni! Man, I clapped at this, not gonna lie.

When Evil Stiles wasn't scared of the firefly-toot warriors Kira's mom threatened him with a weapon even worse. Which, in my opinion is probably her own daughter, right?

And after a super long shot of Stiles looking SO CREEPY, the scene cut to Kira standing outside the hospital. And she was in danger!

Whoops, Kira was about to get Final Destination'd by a loose power line! I am not psychic or even a banshee, but I am pretty sure she'll be fine. That is not a spoiler, just a prediction. Please don't scream at me in the streets for saying that.

Well, "Riddled" was a seriously frightening and emotional hour of television. It didn't feel so much like a traditional episode since it was split into two arcs really, but it made me wish so hard I could watch the next episode right away. It was one of those kinds of episodes, where it had answers and shed light on the mystery but will only function as the beginning part of the next batch of episodes. But the main thing was how well done was. Teen Wolf has really become so much more confident in allowing scenes to play out wordlessly and allowing long, artistic shots without over-explaining or over-editing things. You know? You know.

#ILOVETHISSHOWSOMUCHGUYS

#bye

QUESTIONS

... Did you predict that Kira's mom was a kitsune?

... Which part made you feel most emotional?

... Does being a banshee seem fun to you?

... Should Derek open a werewolf boarding school already?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/8/2016

Season 5 : Episode 20

634 Comments
Comments (669)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
So just noticed TV.com rating for this episode is only like 7.8 what the hell is up with that? This was like my favourite episode yet.
Flag
guess i m not as good as i think with internet language , what does BB mean? Big bro? baby?
Flag
Baby
Flag
I love these photo recaps so much!!! They make me laugh so hard.
Flag
My gosh, Stiles REALLY creeped me out in this episode...When he was in the MRI tube during the power surge (!!!) My poor, sarcastic baby seems to be gone for the time being, and I don't know if I like Evil Stiles. A darker Stiles I can get with, but I don't want him completely evil...
Flag
Also: I MISS PETER!
Flag
And... was that Barrow´s plan all along?

Flag
Im confused though..... why did Stiles write that message on the board sending Barrow to kill Kira, if that was before Stiles got possessed by the dark demon?
Flag
Ok I know this is complete nitpicking but one of the things I truly detested this ep was the following.
Kira just exploded her light bulb, calls her mom, who brings a new bulb and installs it.
what is missing here!? Maybe the fact that there is now glass all over her floor!!! where was the vacuum? or at least a sweeper or something!
Yes I know this is such a small thing, but it is one of those intensely mundane regular things that not having it, disrupted my suspension of disbelief, and you may scoff and say oh it was just a tiny thing, but to me it was so starkly not correct that it jolted me for a second.

Q1 Concerning Kira's mom, is she a Kitsune? I mean I'm just not sure, also are kitsune a spirit or a person? is Kira a Kitsune or is she sharing her body with one? and if the nogitsune is a spirit then it follows the kitsune is too.
assuming that, and the fact that Kira's mom implied Kira would kill Stiles, I think perhaps the kitsune is a spirit that jumps from mother to daughter maybe?
So maybe Kira's mom is no longer a kitsune but just a miko, a priestess of a sort, which would explain her oni director powers.
Just putting that out there, I may be off base, but it seemed silly to me that she didn't just smite Dark!stiles where he stood if she was a Kitsune too.

Q2 what didn't make me feel emotional? There were so many moments, but when Stiles and Scott hugged that stands out, and when Melissa and the sheriff were told what the doctor found, and they shared that moment. Powerful acting there. This show deserves so many awards I'm not even kidding.

Q3 It seems horribly confusing, but I'm guessing once you know what you're doing it might prove interesting. I wouldn't personally want to be one, it seems to involve a lot of hearing things and headaches.

Q4 Now that he's got the mother wisdom downloaded through her USB like claws I guess he would do quite well. I sorta see him like a mentor/co-captain with Scott, Derek seems to have a lot of drive, what he needed as an Alpha was really Scott to be there to say, hey maybe this could be done better, or maybe we could think of more solutions before selecting whatever comes up first. Kinda moral compassy.
Also Scott is well not exactly what I'd call quality material for being the leader of a group, he needs help, he needs to enrol in Derek's boarding school like yesteryear.
More+
Flag
To me it was the fact that it was the coldest night in the year. That was one of the urgencies of finding Styles in this episode. But the next scene we see Scott in a light jacket, Isaac wearing a thin sweater and Lydia in a short-short skirt. Bye bye suspension of disbelief!

It was probably just a little bit nippy...
Flag
I didn't catch that it was supposed to be really cold, I mean I caught that Stiles was cold where he was but there are many reasons for why someone would feel cold, including blood-loss, sickness, ventilation, freezers, basements in abandoned buildings...
Also have you seen girls going out during winter time? they still wear the tiny tiny skirts and no hose, or real jacket, so I can live with that.
But everyone knows to think, Oh fuck broken glass, get a broom and the vacuum, it hurts like a bitch to get glass in your foot.
Flag
I forgot to ask you about something: what do you think Lydia screamed?Because nobody died in that episode... or was it just because she felt the Nogitsune?
Flag
In addition to a great episode, I thought the following screen caps and comments from Price were particularly good (in chrono order):

1) the stick figure drawing of Aiden by Kira;
2) Scott's reference to only being able to smell Derek's "Drakkar Noir"
3) Kira's dad's reference to "WTF is Boost Mobile";
4) Scott's response to Stiles of "I will bite u up; I will bite u up so much"; and
5) Stiles' "Hello my Shadow Self".

Flag
I am seriously loving this Stiles centred plot he is amazing and this episode showed how awesome everyone is. I was in tears the whole hospital scene, but damn I loved that evil Stiles scene with Kira's mom. This show just keeps getting better. Can't wait for next week.
Flag
Credit to: ohlittle-red
For this theory.

Everyone has one, but no one can lose it.

S
o Allison’s shadow is freaking me out. A lot. Thanks to some lovely nonnies, I’ve begun to consider what could be another plot reveal in the last 5 episodes we have left in the season.

The nogitsune possessing Stiles continues to use the pronouns weand us. What if he’s not referring to itself and Stiles’ body, but is instead talking about itself… and the nogitsune in Allison?

As we’ve just learned from 3x18 Riddled, the nogitsune can be considered a shadow of its’ host (the nogitsune possessing Stiles has taken on his image). We’ve seen this with Allison, but we didn’t know what we were looking at when we did. In the still above, she clearly has a shadow who is an entirely separate entity, doing what it wants and it’s clearly threatening.

This whole season, both Allison and Stiles have been losing chunks of time and doing things in their reality while they were really doing something entirely different in truth. We’ve seen an increasing amount of concern for Stiles, but even as Allison has almost killed two of her friends while in those gaps, no one has really taken a closer look at her.
She has also yet to be marked by the Oni. But their first visit to Beacon Hills was in her bedroom.Chris thought they visited because of him and his previous altercation with them, but they specifically went to her bedroom, not his office. Considering that still of her shadow was in the very first episode of 3B, we could reason that she’s been struggling with her possession all this time and the Oni’s first plan of action was to take her out.

Then there are other little things, like the Yukuza saying "even if it is your own daughter" to Chris and Allison’s phone being mysteriously turned off during Stiles’ disappearance.
There’s definitely something off about Allison.
More+
Flag
Good catch, I'd forgotten about that scene 'til now. It makes lots of sense with respect to her cell phone being turned off and the recordings. But it throws off my understanding of why Stiles is having such a bad time with his nogitsune.

I need to watch the first 6 shows again.
Flag
Very good!! We haven't seen much stuff affecting Allison lately, either. Good pick-up on the Allison's "shadow " in the elevator. I don't know about Season 3 yet, but in Season 2, Jeff Davis said that the titles to the shows had double meanings. I can easily see how this could be happening to Allison, too, and I kept thinking during the episode that Allison had not been tested yet. I love how this show gives us little reveals here and there.
Flag
1. Yup. Since the sushi dinner.
2. Too many.
3. Not really, no.
4. Yes, absolutely.
Flag
I think I need the recap and everyone's comments as much as I need the show itself!
Flag
a show about sleepwalking werewolves hmm nice one MTV lol this show is entertaining and silly at the same time.
Flag
exept the sleep walker isn't a werewolf :/
Flag
I cant stop watching this episode!!!!!! And the promos and stuff for next week are killing me!!!!
Flag
And also this episode was amazing. This show has gone above and beyond my expectations when I first heard about. Great acting, plot and just everything! I LOVE IT SO MUCH AND I LOVE STILES UGH.
Flag
You know the new guy, Sheriff Parrish? Yeah my sister is friends with his little sister:)
Flag
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG THIS EPISODE

I CAN'T EVEN
Flag
Oops, I forgot to answer Price's questions:

Did you predict that Kira's mom was a kitsune? I figured that one out after the meet and greet with Kira's family.

Which part made you feel most emotional? Stiles' call to Scott, and then Melissa holding onto Stiles, trying desperately to calm him. It was overwhelming. After that, Lydia's silent scream.

Does being a banshee seem fun to you? No way! I'm already living in my own personal nightmare, I don't need any help going over the edge.

Should Derek open a werewolf boarding school already? I'm not too sure. The last time he did it, he ended up kicking the only keeper out. I think the McCall house has already become werewolf central.

Flag

…Did you predict that Kira's mom was a kitsune?

Yeah, I've mentioned it once or twice, but I don't know what kind of kitsune she might be. (If you need proof, feel free to contact me.)

And there's the thing, that I've read that kitsunes only can transform into human form when they have reached the age of 100 years. So how old is Kira?

The scene between Scott und Stiles in the hospital when they hug and their parents are watching. Oh, my. I needed a hanky.

No, poor Lydia. If anyone on this show needs a Yoda then it's her. Can they send someone, please, to explain Lydia all the perks of a Banshee? She's been confused since season one, that must feel really awful for the poor girl. But it was nice to see her so in tune with Stiles, that she practically shared his nightmare.

Yes, please! Anything, if it means, that Derek stays on the show! He's the perfect mentor for Scott. Their moment was really sweet. And I want to see them work together protecting Beacon Hills from all the evil that will come over it the next seasons.

I'm thinking that Stiles' brain deteriorating is merely a side effect of the possession. He's not supernatural, so the spirit sucking at his life force takes a big toll on his frail human body and mind.

The Oni were searching for supernatural creatures, so I'm thinking, that the nogitsune is searching for a supernatural host, but it had to take Stiles instead to get the Oni off track. And now, the spirit is after Kira. With her powers, the nogitsune could easily wreck the havoc he has been threatening Stiles with.

And if I recall correctly from my delving into the kitsune mythology, there's a way to overcome the illusion of a kitsune (and presumably a nogitsune as well). I've read, that these fox creatures can be highly disturbed by people of strong faith. Perhaps Deaton could help out?

What I don't like, is the idea of having to sacrifice one of the core gang. I don't want to lose any of them. And if some parent has to die, then take Agent McCall. He may have found Stiles, but it wouldn't hurt to lose him if I think of the possibilities like Mrs. McCall, Sheriff Stilinski or Chris Argent. Haven't the kids already gone through enough pain and grief?

And what about Stiles? He's now off to the big screen, does this mean, that he might not be able to work on TW anymore, since they now do a double run? Hope not. Can't imagine TW without him. And not without Scott, Derek, Allison or Lydia. :(

P.S.:
I'm so glued to what's happening on TW, that I never even see the hashtags. I only ever get them, when Price mentions them. But some of them are really silly. ^^

P.S..
More+
Flag
I've been thinking for a long time now that they should introduce another banshee at least for 2 or 3 episodes to be a mentor to Lidia because I think at the moment Lidia's on the path to crazy town and needs some guidance.
Flag
on the after show thing they said they would be introducing another banshee.
Flag
Thanks because I live in Australia I miss the after show and can't find it on the web.
Flag
Since I DVR the show, I just fast forward through the painful parts and try to catch any cool snippets of info.
Flag
Count your blessings. I haven't been able to make it past the first commercial break in the second episode of Wolf Watch. I've decided to wait until the series is over and I am suffering withdrawal. At that point (hopefully) even Wolf Watch will be... well... watchable.
Flag
Same, it sucks. Not that I am that desperate to watch Wolf Watch but that I like having access to the sneak peek/promo without having to wait for someone to put it up that you can see from Australia.
Flag
Same about the hashtags!!!
And they confirmed that Season 4 will only have 12 episodes it was understood that this is because of scheduling with actors. I assume they are talking about Dylan and decided that having a shorter season was an easy sacrifice to have Stiles remain. Also Jeff Davis said he needs sleep!!!
Flag
Awesome, I'm glad to hear that. I love that we get more Teen Wolf with the longer seasons but I don't want them to run out of awesome story lines and creative ideas.
Flag
I love your reviews and agree with everything you said. I feel for you too with the hashtags. I am lucky I do not have to watch with them. I love your references to other shows I love too btw. - "So that's where Scotland is" and the Shadow Self! Side splitting stuff.

It is sooo hard to make my friends understand how good this show it. Just mentioning "Teen Wolf" already makes them think meh. Sigh. I am glad for this community.
Flag
My husband and I have loved the show since the second episode (we both thought the series premiere was blah). We can't get anyone else to watch it. They all assume, since it's on MTV, that it's trash. I keep telling everyone how awesome this show is and they just look at me like I'm crazy.
Flag
I feel the pain.. I tell all my friends to watch teen wolf and they just call me gay.. Lol the "Teen" in front throws it off to a lot of viewers, like it's kiddish.. Clearly not!
Flag

James Dashner (author of The Maze Runner Series) message to the Gladers (TMR fans).
Flag
Awesome
Flag
Gah!!! I just want a Trailer or teaser already!!!!
Flag
Sorry to hear about the serious illness somebody close to you is suffering from. Thanks for all the great reviews and recaps, they are among my favourite things on tv.com.
Flag
Okay. I've been working on the assumption that Stiles is possessed and he's going to continue being possessed until the end of the season, when there will be a show down.

And then I remembered what I was watching and that, most of the time, Teen Wolf doesn't do that. it doesn't present you with one plot point and then stick to that for a whole six episodes. A reveal like this, if it's the big part of the season, doesn't usually happen until about 3 episodes from the end at most. So what if I've been thinking about this wrong. What if Stiles isn't going to be possessed for the rest of the season. It would be very like TW to present us with this and then in the next episode switch everything around.

I don't really know what I'm thinking here, I'm mostly typing to put my thoughts in order. But I think I've been thinking about it all wrong and I think next week might change everything all over again.

But we've got to assume that since it's a possession storyline the possession can switch from one person to another somehow (the trailer for next week implies that) so...

So maybe we're thinking about this the wrong way still. If someone's going to die this season then maybe they're not going to be killed by the nogitsune, maybe they're going to accept the possession to save someone else from being killed along with the kitsune. Say it possesses Allison or it keeps possessing Stiles, their fathers could definitely be the type of people who would allow themselves to be possessed and killed to stop their kids from being possessed/killed.

Or maybe this is wonky thinking again. I don't know. Mostly I'm just rambling now.
More+
Flag
My guess would be in the next episode or two they will kick the demons ass out of Stiles but still have to fight it for the rest of the season in another form or something.
Flag

WOW! ;)
Flag
Ha! When I saw this I thought "my, they are lingering on this particular era a little longer than normal..."
Flag
I gotta say, this episode was genuinely frightening for me and acted so so well. This is my favourite show and I'm confident it will be for a long time!

Pretty much. The stuff about her family name was enough, but also the fact she was a known actress made me think her role couldn't be marginal

THE HUG. Then the opening phone call and the scenes were Lydia looks like she's losing her mind (silent screams are the best)

Nope, it's totally a curse for Lydia right now. Too bad no one seems curious enough or worried enough for her. I mean, is Allison only interested in Isaac these days? Why is Lydia all alone all the time? How can Aiden be the only one at her side? He's pretty fun though.

Why not? He, Peter and Deucalion XD

Other points:
- Loving Aiden!
- I hope Stiles get bitten and not written off the show...
- Really bored by Isaac-Allison. The show is trying so hard to push them on the audience, but I just can't like them. Even Scott now is sending Isaac to Allison... the japanese stuff is interesting, but I want more of a pack action from them. When Scott called Isaac I was so happy to see him with the others again, so of course he was sent away. Also he should drop the attitude...
- Kira is so sweet and cute. Liked the pairing with Derek!
More+
Flag
Wow, I'm pretty much spiraling into a deep depression over this show. It's so, so, SO GOOD, but also so, so, so, SO PAINFUL. I'M HURTING A LOT OVER HERE, OKAY?!
Flag
http://www.dailydot.com/fandom/dylan-obrien-fandom-guide/
Amazing article about Dylan Obrien. Glad to have him on TW.
You have to read this.
Flag
Talk about a freaky ride! This was such an intense episode, I had to let it stew a bit inside before I could really write down all of my thoughts cohesively.

The start of the episode, with the bizarre call from Stiles, set off my alarm bells right from the start. The whole situation, and especially Stiles voice, almost made me believe that he wasn't even communicating through his phone, but instead through his nightmare. I know, that's insane. But I kinda' believed it until Scott and pack went to Stiles' bedroom. That's when I started believing Lydia had it right, (and I still do) but was even more confused until I saw the other "self" character.

The banging Lydia was hearing may have been a precognition of the MRI test, but I actually believe it is Stiles' subconscious trying to escape from the nogitsune spirit by "banging" for attention...for Lydia's attention; she's his anchor and he needs her help.

Scott was so crazy frantic trying to find Stiles that he was spinning his wheels. I think everyone has been in a situation like that before, but he really needs to learn to calm down, take a step back, breathe, and then move forward to the task at hand. But he knew to let Lydia do her Banshee thing (she's still the key to this, I just know it) and I was so bummed that the Eichen house didn't pan out.

Agent McCall, nice to know you can actually act like a decent human being. Keep it up and I might only just intensely dislike you.

Derek needs to stop lurking in high schools, it's kinda' creepy. But at least he's got some good ideas about what may have allowed the nogitsune to get a hold of Stiles' mind. And I really liked the effect with the magnetized aluminum bat. Way to go on Teen Wolf showing some cool physics! And I did like how Derek told Scott what he'd been doing with Cora and what Talia had told him. Now he just needs to tell us what happened to Peter!!!

I have a feeling that the recordings on Allison's phone are not fake, and that maybe there was a Japanese internment camp that's no longer on the official books, and it might even have been at the Eichen house. What if the nogitsune spirit got a hold of someone held there doing WWII? And I do believe that Stiles' mother may have also been a patient at that house too. I'm kinda' thinking that the nogitsune might have been able to enter Stiles' mind because it had once taken a hold of his mother's mind. Okay, now I'm going too far off what happened during this episode.

Well, at least I was wrong about Deaton letting the Oni out of the Nemeton. But I don't understand how the Oni could've been so badass before when Argent was a kid, but now they run and hide from the nogitsune this time. Is this a stronger nogitsune than the other one they banished? I just don't get it. But I'm having an awesome time finding out!
More+
Flag
As every week, here're my thoughts:

- As many of you have said, Dylan O'brien's performance was A-MA-ZING. Not just for the evil things, but all of his scenes. Like somebody's said here before: he's not just playing an evil character, he's playing a character that has his own personallity being possessed by an evil character/entity. So Dylan puts every little part of Stiles in every little part of the Nogitsune and that's what we see, that's what we get, not simply an evil character (because we already have plenty of those on TV right now).

- It's going to be Allison, for sure. I have her on my list from the beginning of this second midseason, even more with the fact that she's not been marked and last week with Silverfinger's words to Papá Argent, I had it almost confirmed. But with this episode all those hints came together once more time: Allison getting phone messages from Japanese people on WWII... and, to add more strings to that skein, somebody pointed out on Tumblr (itslikeagame-repetitive.tumblr.com has the full credit) that Eichen House (the asillum where they looked for Stiles) meins Oak House in English, just like the concentration camp the pone messages mentioned, according to Kira's dad. That and that WWII book Stiles was trying to read when he was losing his reading skills and even the quote on the blackboard he was trying to read too may ave something to do with all the Nogitsune plot and/or its origins.

- Thank you guys for point out the bite offering that Scott suggesting Stiles. I got so overwhelmed by the whole scene and its emotional load that my mind didn't process that dialogue as your minds did xD

- So Mamá Yukimura was referring to Kira, right? I thought she was a b*tch, specially when she gave Kira that look when she made the light bulb explode, but no I think I may have misjudged her. She possibly sent the Onis (or at least she's on their side and they're good guys) and I'm thinking she's thinking on sending Kira to fight the Nogitsune (I mean, when she's fully aware of who she is and which powers she has and when she's properly trained to use them).
More+
Flag
Yah I'm curious about Allison. I'm sure it has something to do with the WWII stuff, that is probably where this thing was born, especially cause the trailer for the next episode said it feeds of chaos and misery and stuff. But yah ALLISON, the nogitsune thing keeps referring to itself in the plural and Allison and Stiles were the only humans that opened that door, they could be both possessed, hers may just be more subtle. Or the thing has a god complex / likes the whole royal "we" sounding thing, either way I'm loving it.
Flag
Not a god complex per se, but something like Gollum had, hahaha, I mean: something inside a body may be talking about itself and its container (the person, the body), you know? I thought of the Nogitsune that way, at least.
Flag
Fair enough, I just felt every time it was talking about "we" it was as if there was a collective agreement amongst the people it was referring to, and I would think Stiles (the container) wouldn't really be in agreement I figured he would be resistant to whatever this thing was planning as he has tried to sabotage its plans. But I agree with the Gollum thing it could just be a little bit crazy with like a split personality type thing caused by whatever made it what it is.
Flag
Saw this post on NATWP that someone posted.
Interesting interpretation of the opening scene (phone call scene)

I’m still caught on the idea of Stiles trying to protect the ones he cares about from himself
putting himself in the one place that werewolves can’t track him to
making them promise they won’t call his dad
crippling his ‘waking’ self so that he (and the nogitsune) can’t escape
and waiting for hypothermia to finish him offimage
so this raises the question…
Was it Stiles who called Scott to rescue him? or was it the nogitsune using every means necessary keep Stiles alive?Stiles kept hanging up! and turning off the phone, saying it was dying. He was trying to cut off communications with those around him and the nogitsune kept trying!oh shit. yes. I thought that was weird. IDEK but when my phone is about to die, i never turn it off, because the power it takes to turn it back on again will totally waste the little that’s left of the battery. so that moment struck me as really weird. I was screaming at Stiles: NO! JUST KEEP TALKING.
More+
Flag
Wow, I'd never even considered all of this. That makes me love Stiles even more.
Flag
I didn't think about that. Of course, the smell of the stuff they put down to stop the coyotes was to put the werewolves off the scent. Stiles had obviously worked out that it was him subconsciously from the scissors stabbed into the bed - connecting him to everything. Even if those connections were wiped from his conscious mind, his subconscious seems to have known what was going on.

That was what he was fighting with himself about on the roof of the hospital, as much as it was what he was doing to the electrics. He managed to get himself away from there but he didn't manage to stop anything.

Wow... looking at it like that makes it even more heartbreaking.
Flag
I think that the person that posted this is archnemeton. Don't know at first at what person give the credit, because the post have many names.

Credit to: archnemeton for the post above.
Flag
Great recap price! This is me now answering your questions.
1. Yes, I figured it was a genetic thing, especially because kitsune's are known to marry humans and have magical babies.
2. Definitely the part when Scott promised to help Stiles any way he could and then hugged him. That part made me feel feelings.
3. I think being a banshee, like all jobs, has its fun days and its really annoying death radar type of days.
4. Yes. Please make a spin off of derek being the werewolf Dumbledore to a werewolf Hogwarts.

See ya next weeeeeeeeeeek!
Flag
Best episode ever! I've always thoroughly enjoyed Teen Wolf, but this is the first time the show has ever evoked an emotional reaction from me. I was terrified during the scenes with the Nogitsune, and I actually cried when Stiles' dad realized that his son had the same incurable disease that killed his wife. The acting in this episode was phenomenal on everyone's part (even Tyler Hoechlin and Daniel Sharman, and especially Dylan O'Brien, Tyler Posey, Linden Ashby, Holland Roden and Melissa Ponzio). This was a truly excellent (and terrifying) episode of television. Yay Teen Wolf!

A few nitpicks: The reveal that Kira's mother is also a kitsune was played like it was big twist, but it was really kind of obvious. All of the interviews Jeff Davis gave suggest that this season is all about Lydia coming into her powers, but that storyline is moving rather slowly. We still have no idea what being a banshee entails, but we're already diving into several new supernatural species. I kind of dislike this cluttered, non-info-dump when it comes to the new mythology.

Finally: who's going to die this season? People said that Jeff Davis said it would be one of the core five, but I haven't found any interview he's given where he says that. He does say it will be "someone we've known since the beginning." My money is one Dr. Deaton, because it will force Scott to rely on Derek to be his werewolf Yoda. I think that would be a smarter move, because it bring all of the characters closer together rather than having extraneous characters that are only associated with Scott. Also: one of the parents will die. Just for the emotional sucker punch. (probably Chris Argent).
More+
Flag
I'm not entirely convinced yet that Kira's mother is a kitsune. I'd put those odds about 3:1 for, but I don't think that it's conclusive yet. She clearly knows (and probably is) something. But like the Hales, not all of whom were wolves, it may be that not everyone in the family gets that gene.
Flag
Yessss, and also Kira´s mother said that if the Oni could not destroy "Stiles", that she had a bigger weapon (which I also think meant her daughter). If she was a kitsune too like her Kira, she could destroy "Stiles" herself. Or maybe she is another type of kitsune that is not as powerful.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I said it many time already, I'll say it again - this epsiode hits right in the feels and shatters the heart. I thought I started to piece my heart together but then - KABOOM - this review. And the heart is shattered again. I think only happy ending of season 3B might cure it.

The hospital scene... ABSOLUTE PERFECTION from everybody. Seeing the Sheriff worry about his son... or Scott crying... Makes me wanna cry my eyes out just from thinking about it ;___;
Flag
You know someone said something the other week about "Galvanize" being a boring filler ep and I thought at the time... "there's never a filler episode in Teen Wolf...everything ends up tying together."...and it does. Teen Wolf has really got it going on and its approach at a full 20+ episode season is spot on. It doesn't go for one large story arc with lots of fillers; instead 2 discrete but connected arcs. It's pure genius!
This episode was well creepy and the hug between Stiles and Scott brought a tear to my eye. I loved Teen Wolf from the beginning but WOW it's matured into something that puts Buffy to shame (and I love Buffy) ! Poor Lydia though...all that banshee wailing....someone give her a cepacol!
Flag
I'm glad you mention that about Buffy. It's held up as the standard against which all other supernatural teen dramas are judged, which is usually and mostly fair, but sometimes I think it's remembered only for its high-water marks and not the whole series. I love Buffy, but it wasn't always brilliant. And, unlike Teen Wolf, it played up the metaphor much more than the character realism, often because it was often pseudo-procedural with all its one-and-done villains. As you mention above, there's rarely a filler episode in Teen Wolf—though "Motel California" might come close—since it structures its tight 13-episode seasons around a single mystery with an array of interconnected subplots across seasons.

Look, Buffy basically proved that you could take supernatural dramas seriously, but I think its legacy as made its reputation rosier than it sometimes was. For tautness and consistency, I give the nod to Teen Wolf.
Flag
I guess we could argue that Teen Wolf wouldn't exist and wouldn't be as good as it is if Buffy hadn't come before it. (Yes there were some bad Buffy eps and I wasn't keen on the last few seasons' story arcs.) It will be interesting to see how long Teen Wolf lasts and what it is like if and when it gets to a 7th season....although I'm pretty sure most shows should end after 5 years or possibly 6)
Hmm Motel California was a very good ep...I'm trying to remember...there was arc in the background (about Derek) and the main motel bit had connections to the arc from something in the past? But yeah it probably didn't advance the plot much. :)
Flag
I think that Dylan Obrien will stay in TW only for 5 seasons. All depends of his career at Hollywood. TW will not last with out Dylan Obrien.
Flag
QUESTIONS
It was pretty clear to me she was connected after the dinner they had and all the talk about family names and stuff.
hrm...probably when the two parents got the bad news about styles.
Nope
"Mr. D's school for the extraordinarily furred" - thats the schools name
Flag
I absolutely love the actor in this show (though extremely jealous they look that good and can act as well) because of the sense of reality they bring to a completely fantastic show. The scene with Scott and Stiles hugging was amazing and if all else fails (it probably won't) I know Scott would turn Stiles.

My one issue with the scene was that the emotional fire was doused for a second by that season 1 gag about Stiles' first name. I'm kinda over knowing it anyway.

Other than that totally thought Kira's mom was a Kitsune since that dinner, Lydia just means too well for it to all be for not, and no Derek needs to be a one werewolf/grasshopper/student man.
Flag
The reminder that he's got a weird name given by his mother? I think this might be important somehow, I'm expecting Stiles and his mother to be some kind of supernatural.
Flag
I'd rather have the whole team in hell then see stiles going crazy :( ,he looked truly traumatized this episode.And Dylan O'Brian was just perfect whether it was at the beginning of the episode when he was being tortured or when he and scott talked or evil stiles.I mean we immediately knew that our stiles was gone just from his smirk!!! Do you think they will actually kill stiles??Or do you think he will be a werewolf by the end of the season?
Flag
I'm sorry, my sides hurt too much right now. That drawing of nekkid AIDEN! I just can't.....#LOVEPRICE
Flag
This Show is the best. I decided yesterday that supernatural isn't my favorite one anymore. I was just trying to be loyal to it. But Teen Wolf beats it. This show just keeps blowing my mind. I watched this episode 2 days in a row, STILES. STILES. I just want to give him a BIG HUG. Dylan O'Brian is amazing. I'm definitely going to follow his career. I'm just in awe of this show/episode. It was emotional. my favorite part is when they hug. My heart ached. This is how a show should work. Make you FEEL. make you laugh or cry, They are doing so good. Keep it up Teen Wolf! I have to admit, I'm also getting really sick of seeing those useless hash tags. wtf? enough already. LOVE TEEN WOLF.<3 STILES/Dylan!!!
Flag
Read in the comments below.. I forgot the fireflies were released from the Nemeton. Here's my thing.. WHAT ABOUT PETER :)

Flag
Like Sarah Clarke on the Tomorrow People...

You don't cast Tamlyn Tomita as a "mom" and not have her be a badass mom...
Flag

... Did you predict that Kira's mom was a kitsune? Yes, Because of the dinner Scott had with Kira and her parents. Teen Wolf usually doesn't throw out worthless information. So when it was stated her dad took her mom's name, I figured it meant mommy was important. Being a Kitsune was honestly the only thing I could think of for her. However I did not see the Oni's(totally called those being Oni as well ^^) being controlled by her. It was an awesome surprise.

... Which part made you feel most emotional? Too many great emotional points, but if I have to choose one it was the exchange between Styles and Scott. Though the reaction from Scott's mom and Styles Dad was just great. Simply put, it was great.

... Does being a banshee seem fun to you? Nope. Though I am sure it will become amazing as it is developed. Jeff Davis revealed some intresting tid bits about the future of the Banshee stuff and it sounds like some fun stuff to be honest.

... Should Derek open a werewolf boarding school already? Hell no. He is best as Scott's personal Yoda. When he branches out (all of Season 2) he just fails and fails and fails. Though it is really annoying. Derek needs a couple of moments to just kick some butt... you know that makes me think...

That begs the question: When will our main characters actually be able to beat up the bad guys? I mean they are always getting their butts handed to them. It is not fair >:(
More+
Flag
Someone posted this info on TW wikia. Very interesting.

Teen Wolf seems to be following the legend that says there are only three ways to kill a kitsune (it's worth noting that this only applies to myths where the kitsune is a spirit that possess people, like the nogitsune in teen wolf):

1. Eaten by an oni or dragon
2. Exorcism
3. Blessed or magical weapons

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow. I think the number 3 is really important.
I don't think that we will see dragons on TW. :)

*****Spoilert Alert********

In one photo release Allison is holding a Katana. Maybe is a magical Katana.
Flag
I feel like we're going to see Dr. Deaton do some freaky magical/blessed weapon thing on Stiles, or an exorcism. Everything else seems like it means Stiles' death and unless something extremely serious happens in the next few episodes I don't think Scott would let his best friend be you know, devoured.
Flag
I like the Katana idea. It probably most likely will (or hopefully) work like the passenger's knife in TVD, where it kills the nogitsune but not the person it's possessing.
Flag
I think that the possible option is: exorcised Stiles first (one episode is called De-Void) and then try to kill the Nogitsune Spirit with the magical Katana (but how you kill a Spirit is the ?)
Flag
so, I have a question. in the episode where Scott and Kira break in Scott's dad's office and Stiles tries to stop him from finding them he said that he knows his secret. any idea what it might be? I don't remember Price say anything about it in his recap or reading it in the comments..
Flag
I look back on that and now I think the nogitsune was the one talking to Agent McCall. Just a thought..
Flag
but Stiles said that his father also knew the secret and that was the reason that Agent McCall wanted him out of the police..
Flag
A common theory is that Agent McCall is really Stiles dad. He looks a lot more like him than the Sheriff and there's loads of animosity between him and the sheriff.
Flag
This show is legitimately the best Supernatural Genre Show at least in my books. I know! Comparison draws ire of "the fandoms" but IDC!
1. The feels - Parents aren't dumb table lamps that be disposed of, they feel, guide, get angry, get disappointed and fulfills all those "emotional" quota. The same-age characters feelings for each other's legit! Their sense of joy, surprise and sadness all bleed through TV and reach us (Talk about emotional 4th wall!) Relationships are aptly portrayed among those on screen likes of our daily lives. They are not card-board emoticons! Thank lords of TW!!!

2. Dangers are legit scary even though the body count is lower than other shows (Or perhaps because it is low that's why we duly fear for each and every character other than titular). Perhaps because they have treated life not as 'Carrots and Radish a dozen worth'; we feel its precious.

3. I agree with Mr. Price. It's because the lore of TW that we are engrossed and wait each week just to find why who how or when of the mythologies. Ever since the advent of Sci-Fi intelligent writers have acknowledged the fact that viewers are of the thinking kind. Insult that sense of prudence and viewers will lose interest soon enough. And that's dangerous for young shows.

4. Let there be TW for a long time.

5. Let there be more awesome story-lines and characters in jeopardy and mythos unheard of so that it is forever unexpected!

Answers: 1. Jeff announced Kitsune mythos. Kira displayed power. Mother said about long history, the book had mother-daughter picture. Father was happy to carry on the Maiden name... It was obvious from the beginning.

2. Stiles descent into madness. Because we know he's human and humans are fragile. I really pitied his incapability to win the tug from Nogitsune. Next the comfort of Mama McCall and then of course, the HUG!

3. Oh yeah! Who wouldn't want to be a personal Death-Indicator/Death-Monitor. My throat would curse me though, all that screaming business is painful.

4. Absolutely. I have been chanting that mantra since like season 1. It's about time (Though the threat of him dying in a gut-wrenching seen is more probable. The Feels! -_- THIS SHOW!!!

I can't praise this show enough. A winner in its own accord. And on the identical field. \m/
More+
Flag
I feel Lydia is reduced to walking around with her head cocked to the side and her mouth open. Ok, she hears things, let's take this to the next level already! She could die and we wouldn't even notice (ok, except for Stiles).

Scott and Stiles have the most interesting story, I love the mature way this show treats their friendship.

And, yes, please enough with the MTV hashtags! No PR executive can start a better hashtag for their show than a dedicated fanbase. Let us do our thing and stop the steering! #Notneeded. #Totallyuseless #Lettheshowbe.

Also, I like that you point out that the show doesn't need to spell out everything, like with the parents exchanging glances.
Flag
Yes. Ever since the show made a point of underlining the fact that she is Japanese and her father is Korean.

Not gonna lie. "The Hug." This show does brotherly love better than any current show.

No. Not really. Lydia needs a Banshee Mentor before she goes mad.

Only if it doubles as a nudist colony.
Flag
Oh, and I wanted to add: The institution was named "Eichen Haus" which translates to "Oak(en) House" and the internment Camp was called "Oak Creek." Coincidence? I think not. I'm also thinking that Mr. Yakamura may have confused "Creek" with "Stream" as in an electric stream. I think Lydia got her bat signal EARLY and that's where the final showdown will occur. I haven't quite worked out the details in my mind, but that's where I think the season might be headed.
Flag
Nicely done :) Maybe the internment camp was for supernatural creatures..or a bunch of kitsune.... and it was located near the institution
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members