A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television
So, I was thinking, we are all distracted by the trailer (which I am still guessing contains lots of outright lies and misdirection) and discussing the Kitsune mythology, that a random thought popped into my head.

The first episode back is named "Anchors." The first conversation that popped into my head was between Derek and Isaac when discussing how to control the wolf during the full moon and what their various anchors were that let them hold onto humanity. Then, I remembered in the first season when Scott was trying to figure out how to control himself and Derek was MIA, he and Stiles figured out that it was love, specifically for Alison at the time though I think it has been established it moved beyond that at some point, was what let him pull it back. Then I started thinking, when Cora was describing the emissary role to a wolf pack to Stiles, she referenced them as the connection to humanity for the pack. Then that lead me to the conversation Scott had with Deaton at the end of 3A where he said he looked to his friends if the darkness got to be too much. And really, the whole sacrifice thing where Lydia, Isaac and Deaton served as anchors to Stiles, Alison and Scott.

That led me to the following ponderings:

Stiles is clearly having issues, is perhaps the point he has to discover is he needs an anchor of his own?

Lydia and Isaac seem particularly out of sorts and able to see things in the trailer that the others don't seem to, so I wonder if the fact that the darkness maybe goes after our main characters' anchors seem important.

I wonder if the anchors are actually an issue this year in that maybe the only way to fight the supernatural is to fully embrace their respective supernatural natures....

Perhaps it is merely an issue of our main characters needing to find anchors to fight the darkness that it kind of looks like Alison might fail at finding.

Just a random consideration to discuss for those of us who are physically present at work but that is really it.
Comments (34)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I just had a thought. what if the title refers to the connection that Lydia has to stiles, Isaac has to Alison and deaton has to scott.Perhaps the 3 relationships between those characters are going to be highlighted and very important this season and perhaps this episode will deal with that. We know that Lydia, deaton and Isaac had to be the ones to bring back stiles, scott and Alison from that ritual..maybe they are the keys to helpin g them overcome these effects.
Flag
well I don't think ill be even able to watch this season and to be honest im not all that broken up about it...we'll see. for some reason im not really being pulled into watching it and sacrificing my normal programming for this time of year
Flag
I am thinking of setting my recordingfor when it reruns to avoid the annoying MTV handbags which actually ruined a few things last half season.
Flag
I might just have to settle for reading the reviews here because where I am it doesn't rerun..not on a channel I have in my package.
Flag
So, anchors not to fall into the madness? That might be the case... good thoughts!
Flag
Yeah maybe that is what they need to fine. I mean it might be as simple as resolidifying the three leads with their parents (and it would be an interesting thing if Scott has to find it with his father especially since season 2 there haven't been any Secrets between he and Melissa). It would also explain a casting for a woman in her late thirties to maybe visit Stiles as his mother in his dreams...I think that is how old she likely was when she died and Stiles was about ten.
Flag
Parents! It would be a nice way to deepen the subject since the "Guardians" stuff
Flag
Wow. That was a lot more thought than I thought was going to be put into this, not gonna lie. Great post though.

I'd have to think that out of the plausible answers, the one that jumps out to me would be Stiles and Allison finding their "anchors". Because, while Allison has dealt with her mom stuff and Stiles has dealt with a bunch load of crap, neither has really had the need to withstand the pull of the supernatural. Scott isn't prone to some side-effects, but with him being more experienced with it I think he'll be better off, especially since he knows how to hone in on what's important.

I'm not sure that's going to be the case for mostly Stiles, but also some Allison as well. They're going to need to learn how to deal with whatever freaky stuff happens to them while also knowing what's "real" and what's "fake". I would think that's what the first episode is going to be about if I had to guess: them finding their own anchors (and Scott making sure he knows what his are) and being able to reel themselves in from whatever they really need to.
More+
Flag
Ultimately that had been my thought too and it kind of goes with an idea that maybe at first everyone is more concerned with Stiles that they dont initially realize what is happening with Alison or the full repercussions of what is happening to Scott. A quick line in the trailer is that Scott can't transform. But later there are sort of nightmare scenes of him. I could see it that everyone is worried about Stiles then they focus on Alison only to too late realize Scott has been prevented from transforming for awhile and he becomes more dangerous than Boyd and Cora were after they were trapped. It might be the usefulness of the twins to help contain him.
Flag
Promoted to the homepage! We touched up the title a bit so it was clear to anyone who doesn't arrive via the Teen Wolf Community what you're discussing. Thanks for posting!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members